Mini 1975: A Village in the Woods (Game Over!)

Ghostly Penguin
Ghostly Penguin
Goon
Ghostly Penguin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:25 am

Post by Ghostly Penguin »

In post 1115, mutantdevle wrote:. I'm also assuming UCV was given the cookie. If she doesn't claim that, then either someone is purposely withholding such a trivial piece of information or Ghostly Penguin isn't actually a cookie vendor
It appears we aren't, but we didn't actually know that until last night. I was functioning on assumptions from a similar role in a previous game *I* recieved ( Maplewood). We apparently vend cookies unless the target isn't home...

..yeah, entire thing is fucking weird.

-Ghost
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:29 am

Post by Hopkirk »

UC seems like a likely SK.
UC Voyager
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:53 am

Post by UC Voyager »

Ok. I am here
so...i don't get enough sleep
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:54 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Claim please.
UC Voyager
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:00 am

Post by UC Voyager »

I am tracker
UC Voyager
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:02 am

Post by UC Voyager »

Oh. Btw people. Hopkirk is a scum

VOTE: Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:03 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Feel like a full claim?
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:10 am

Post by Hopkirk »

16 minutes passed so far. Stop looking through the thread to make it look better and fullclaim.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:10 am

Post by mutantdevle »

UCV:

What is your flavour?
Who did you track night 1?
Who did you track night 2?
What were your results for each?
Why did you choose those 2 people?
I mostly just lurk now.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:18 am

Post by Hopkirk »

A real claim doesn't take this long.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:19 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Also Mutant, you can claim since there's no claimed RBs.
UC Voyager
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:20 am

Post by UC Voyager »

I'm mobile. And class starts in like half a min. I will answer after school
UC Voyager
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:21 am

Post by UC Voyager »

In post 1134, Hopkirk wrote:A real claim doesn't take this long.
It does when your at school and mobile
Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:21 am

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

tracker and watcher hmm
i guess with scum ninja its fine
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:28 am

Post by Hopkirk »

When did you track me and where.
Hopkirk
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Hopkirk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:32 am

Post by Hopkirk »

Eh, it's a scumclaim and not even a consistent one.

VOTE: UC
UC Voyager
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:04 pm

Post by UC Voyager »

ok . . .
"he hasn't posted in 16 min since my post" is also scum claim. it also shows you are slightly pressured because of being outed. your posts don't seem like they are from a townie who someone claimed was guilty, but from an outed scum still trying to fight. Town generally come from a more surprised stance followed with an actual push. you come out and ask me to make a full claim, thne instantly say im avoiding claiming.

@mod could you send me my N1 results. i never got them when i replaced in

the flavour was honestly a whole bunch of weird poetry shit that made zero since. i will explain in deatail when home

to be continued when home.
Dunkerdoodles
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Dunkerdoodles
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:11 pm

Post by Dunkerdoodles »

In post 1141, UC Voyager wrote:ok . . .
"he hasn't posted in 16 min since my post" is also scum claim. it also shows you are slightly pressured because of being outed. your posts don't seem like they are from a townie who someone claimed was guilty, but from an outed scum still trying to fight. Town generally come from a more surprised stance followed with an actual push. you come out and ask me to make a full claim, thne instantly say im avoiding claiming.

the flavour was honestly a whole bunch of weird poetry shit that made zero since. i will explain in deatail when home

wtf why wouldn't you pm him like you know, when you replaced in?
VOTE: ucv
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:16 pm

Post by mutantdevle »

Ngl, the whole "I was roleblocked" thing was a trap. I wanted to make it sound like roleblocking me would give confirmed town status and then insta lynch whoever claimed it. It's true that my main ability did not work however Bins' invention that she gave me did work, meaning I wasn't roleblocked.

The invention she gave me was a tool that allowed me to investigate someone's alignment. I used it to investigate drealmerz just to make sure he wasn't lying about having a guilt on Bins. I expect that drealmerz result today is that he has another guilty on someone which confirms that his role probably doesn't mean much at this point.
Drealmerz is town.

Full claim to follow.
I mostly just lurk now.
UC Voyager
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:23 pm

Post by UC Voyager »

In post 1142, Dunkerdoodles wrote:
In post 1141, UC Voyager wrote:ok . . .

wtf why wouldn't you pm him like you know, when you replaced in?
VOTE: ucv
Idk. Just didn't think to. I'm more used to them just telling me my results after I confirm
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:44 pm

Post by mutantdevle »

I'm a young doctor (assuming that's the name of my role). I was training to become a doctor when I had to move to this village. I couldn't continue my training here because the village doesn't really have the facilities for it and it's too far away from anywhere that does. As a result, I've been teaching myself since moving here. Each night I can save someone if they are targetted by a night kill.

At first, I felt like I was probably the main protective role, which is what made me doubt Hopkirk's BG claim. I didn't actually believe Moz's doctor claim (though I genuinely didn't know who Hippocrates was before this game). But obviously, I'm not going to counterclaim him when he was already lynched. I also felt like I played a strong part in getting moz lynched and I didn't want to get night killed.

On night 1 I protected drealmerz. I considered protecting Joey but my conversations with him in which he slightly defended Moz made me second guess myself. Instead, I protected drealmerz who Moz was very hostile towards as I was assuming Moz's scum team would be blaming drealmerz for moz's death and hence want him dead.

Now here's the interesting part; on night 2, I protected Bins. Obviously, my protection failed. I didn't get a message saying this but obviously Bins is dead so it can't have worked. Based on my flavour, I think that my protections are just not always successful (I'm assuming they have a 50% chance of success). Hopkirk being a BG was suspicious at first since a doctor and a BG in the same game is a little powerful in my opinion. But I reached the conclusion that since my protection either doesn't work at all or has a 50% fail rate, a BG as well would make sense. Additionally, Hopkirk has recently said he can probably only protect every other night which makes me believe his claim.

Here's my proposition of where we go from here in regards to claims: We lynch UCV.

If she flips scum, then Hopkirk gains confirmed town status. That will be drealmerz + Hopkirk as confirmed townies for the next day. I will also protect Hopkirk and he can choose who to protect from there. That means Hopkirk can protect someone with the knowledge that I can save him if either he or his target is shot. This essentially allows us to protect 2 people (assuming my protection works).

If she flips town, then that confirms Hopkirk as scum. I'd also argue it would put FoS on dunkerdoodles since a watcher + a tracker seems unlikely though still possible. That's something we can discuss if it comes to it though. Obviously, a town flip is worse since the game may actually be over by tomorrow if both night kills land on town. But we still have my protection + the small chance the scum may cross kill. Furthermore, Fern has one of Bins' inventions. If he is either 3rd party or town then he'd be wanting to prevent a night kill with that also (which would help regardless of what UCV flips).
I mostly just lurk now.
UC Voyager
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:51 pm

Post by UC Voyager »

In post 1145, mutantdevle wrote:I'm a young doctor (assuming that's the name of my role). I was training to become a doctor when I had to move to this village. I couldn't continue my training here because the village doesn't really have the facilities for it and it's too far away from anywhere that does. As a result, I've been teaching myself since moving here. Each night I can save someone if they are targetted by a night kill.

At first, I felt like I was probably the main protective role, which is what made me doubt Hopkirk's BG claim. I didn't actually believe Moz's doctor claim (though I genuinely didn't know who Hippocrates was before this game). But obviously, I'm not going to counterclaim him when he was already lynched. I also felt like I played a strong part in getting moz lynched and I didn't want to get night killed.

On night 1 I protected drealmerz. I considered protecting Joey but my conversations with him in which he slightly defended Moz made me second guess myself. Instead, I protected drealmerz who Moz was very hostile towards as I was assuming Moz's scum team would be blaming drealmerz for moz's death and hence want him dead.

Now here's the interesting part; on night 2, I protected Bins. Obviously, my protection failed. I didn't get a message saying this but obviously Bins is dead so it can't have worked. Based on my flavour, I think that my protections are just not always successful (I'm assuming they have a 50% chance of success). Hopkirk being a BG was suspicious at first since a doctor and a BG in the same game is a little powerful in my opinion. But I reached the conclusion that since my protection either doesn't work at all or has a 50% fail rate, a BG as well would make sense. Additionally, Hopkirk has recently said he can probably only protect every other night which makes me believe his claim.

Here's my proposition of where we go from here in regards to claims: We lynch UCV.

If she flips scum, then Hopkirk gains confirmed town status. That will be drealmerz + Hopkirk as confirmed townies for the next day. I will also protect Hopkirk and he can choose who to protect from there. That means Hopkirk can protect someone with the knowledge that I can save him if either he or his target is shot. This essentially allows us to protect 2 people (assuming my protection works).

If she flips town, then that confirms Hopkirk as scum. I'd also argue it would put FoS on dunkerdoodles since a watcher + a tracker seems unlikely though still possible. That's something we can discuss if it comes to it though. Obviously, a town flip is worse since the game may actually be over by tomorrow if both night kills land on town. But we still have my protection + the small chance the scum may cross kill. Furthermore, Fern has one of Bins' inventions. If he is either 3rd party or town then he'd be wanting to prevent a night kill with that also (which would help regardless of what UCV flips).
EIther we lynch scum.

here is the thing. if we lynch hopkirk first, then we A. still have a tracker and B. got scum. in your second scanario. we are guaranteed to lynch town.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:08 pm

Post by mutantdevle »

In post 1146, UC Voyager wrote:A. still have a tracker and B. got scum.
A. We'd still have a watcher.
B. Only if you're telling the truth. For all we know, you are the scum.

Personally, I'd rather risk lynching and investigative role than I would a protective one since we need all the kill preventing roles we can get if we are going to survive the night. I'd argue that we are more fucked if we lynch Hopkirk to find he is telling the truth than we are if we lynch you are find your telling the truth.
I mostly just lurk now.
UC Voyager
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:09 pm

Post by UC Voyager »

In post 1145, mutantdevle wrote:I'm a young doctor (assuming that's the name of my role). I was training to become a doctor when I had to move to this village. I couldn't continue my training here because the village doesn't really have the facilities for it and it's too far away from anywhere that does. As a result, I've been teaching myself since moving here. Each night I can save someone if they are targetted by a night kill.

you claimed doctor and it is normal to have to protective roles
Fern
Fern
Goon
Fern
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:09 pm

Post by Fern »

In post 1104, mutantdevle wrote:
In post 1064, Fern wrote:Your PoE is fucking Garbage btw.
I get the sense that you don't like PoE in general because PoE makes perfect sense, especially in the current situation. If the number of people you don't explicitly town read is less than or equal to the amount of scum left in the game then that means the people you don't town read MUST be scum regardless of how scummy they have been (assuming you are correct in your reads). I either town read everyone or believe their role claims aside from you and UCV. By my own reads, unless Hopkirk, dunkerdoodles or Ghostly have lied about their role, that means you 2 MUST be scum.
No its the sense that you're not trying to evaluate the game like at all.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”