Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:22 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

At the risk of being intentionally vague, you've done several things that I see as far more likely to come from you as town. If I'm wrong then I'll learn from the error but I don't think that I am.
I've hardclaimed PR, my slot is going to be self resolving whether there's a jailkeeper or not and I don't particularly feel like getting into details about how I read you because I don't think it's universally applicable enough to help other people read you and I would like to continue to be able to read you correctly in the future. I understand that makes it hard to read me, but again I don't think that reading me should be your top priority right now.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:23 pm

I don't think it's universally applicable enough to help other people read you
This should read: I don't think that helping you understand how I'm townreading you would help you improve your scumgame because I don't think other people are looking for what I am.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:25 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

In post 625, RadiantCowbells wrote:I've hardclaimed PR, my slot is going to be self resolving whether there's a jailkeeper or not and I don't particularly feel like getting into details about how I read you because I don't think it's universally applicable enough to help other people read you and I would like to continue to be able to read you correctly in the future. I understand that makes it hard to read me, but again I don't think that reading me should be your top priority right now.
I recognize the point about the tracker self-resolving – the question mostly came from when you first replaced in.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:27 pm

I had read this game before I replaced in but besides that I don't want to help you here.
If you want to talk about other people's alignments I'm all for it.
CultOfAthena
CultOfAthena
Goon
CultOfAthena
Goon
Goon

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:32 pm

Post by CultOfAthena »

Thoughts on moneybags? Haven't really known how to place him this whole game.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Thu Jan 18, 2018 4:34 pm

In post 576, Moneybags wrote:I'd like to hear more about your scum read on me, RC. A few other players have mentioned stuff but not a lot of specifics. Im aware that I'm not paticularly good at the game but I'd like to get some details.
I have also found him difficult to read but this post in particularly strongly reads to me as coming from town.
Part of it was just the phrasing, just generally feeling pure, and like just idk. It buoys up a lot of nullread.
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:16 pm

Post by Beefster »

In post 618, texcat wrote:What would be the motivation for fake claiming? It just means that you're outed as scum sooner rather than later.
That's what makes it brilliant... Total WIFOM... but yeah, you're right. Fake claims will usually bite you in the ass eventually.

At the same time, what's the sense of hardclaiming a PR on D1 with almost no pressure on you? You're just going to get killed. It's not smart play.

I don't believe the claim... But I think I was hasty to jump on RC for it.

I haven't been thinking straight.

UNVOTE:
On hiatus indefinitely. This was a nice distraction when I was working through my faith transition out of Mormonism, but I need to move on to bigger and better things now.
Get to know a meat boy
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:47 pm

Post by Beefster »

At this point, I don't think it's possible for me to start from square one. My gut just seems to be pushing me in this weird direction.

I still think there is scum in RC, COA, and moz. Maybe all 3.

But you know what? I volunteer as tribute! Lynch me when you feel like it. I will flip Vanilla Town and my death will give a surprising amount of information.

Look, I've been playing very badly. I'm probably the town's biggest liability and yet a handful of players have defended my apparently scummy play. Thing is, scum probably wouldn't do that. They're going to go after the scummiest-looking players and
only
defend that sort of thing on their scum partners. Those who have defended my "scummiest" moments are probably town.

If this looks like a scum gambit to you, all the more reason to throw your vote at me. You'll see I have
no tricks up my sleeve
. I'm more valuable to the town dead because it confirms my alignment. Unless someone actually claims scum for some bizarre reason, I concede to being the best lynch option.

Will my accusations carry more weight after I'm confirmed town from a lynch? That remains to be seen, but my hope is "yes"
On hiatus indefinitely. This was a nice distraction when I was working through my faith transition out of Mormonism, but I need to move on to bigger and better things now.
Get to know a meat boy
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:17 pm

Post by Klick »

Beef, my problem is that I think you're town but I disagree with all of your reads. You being lynched won't help me at all.

But that probably won't matter anyway because Transcend seems hellbent on shooting me :)
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:05 pm

Beef I really don't want you alive if those are your reads regardless of what your alignment is. Call it a policy Lynch if it makes you feel better.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:06 pm

Like I'd switch to voting EP if I had a reason but the faster I remove your vote from play the better right now.
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:24 pm

Post by Beefster »

In post 633, Klick wrote:Beef, my problem is that I think you're town but I disagree with all of your reads. You being lynched won't help me at all.

But that probably won't matter anyway because Transcend seems hellbent on shooting me :)
I think he'd be better off shooting COA, but that's just me.

My being lynched would clear EP as far as I'm concerned... But maybe I'm missing something.
Get to know a meat boy
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:10 pm

Post by Maxous »

Yeah I'm not voting Beefster
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:12 pm

Post by Transcend »

jsyk HWS endgamed as scum not that long ago

are we all sure he's town ...
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:13 pm

Post by Transcend »

im mistaken:

he made f3 lylo and got lynched

still though he survived a ~really long time~
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:10 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 511, Maxous wrote:trying to think of anything more to say but meh.

here's just my gut reads and feelings, fuck it

I think they're town:
HeWhoSwims, Moneybags, Klick, Flubbernugget, CultOfAthena

Haven't had an issue with:
Errantparabola

Players i'm flip-flopping on:
mozamis, Beefster

Tracker claim:
Radiant Cowbells

Under Review:
Thor665, texcat

Probably just scum:
Transcend
What's the difference between 'haven't had an issue with' and 'under review'?
In post 515, RadiantCowbells wrote:Fork, I would rather not be voting ErrantParabola today: how do you feel about Beef/Transcend?

You can also try to sway me on Flubber.
I've presented a case on Flubber - what's your take on it?

Why not vote EP? He is radiating scum.
Beef I town read.
Transcend now has the claim so.
In post 638, Transcend wrote:jsyk HWS endgamed as scum not that long ago

are we all sure he's town ...
How does that affect this game in any way at all?
In post 390, Transcend wrote:So I'm willing to hear out a town case on her, but "x's reaction to y" doesn't really sell me.
What would a town case be that is *not* x's reaction to y'?
That' like, every decent town case ever, yeah?
In post 442, mozamis wrote:thor, out of those 4, who would be most willing to vote for?
Errant
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:11 am

Post by Thor665 »

I'd also note to the person/people claiming that "I am?" is not a valid enough question.
Well, since then I have very explicitly and multiple times asked Flubber to answer the question - do you see his answer yet?
HeWhoSwims
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:34 am

Post by HeWhoSwims »

Let's do some catching upping then. 5 pages overnight yay

RC who's Fork in your reads? :lol:

Idk if we should reason from "This is the best mechanical play" since scum may have some tricks up their sleeve for one particular combination. IC being in here seems reasonable too since it's not against the scum themselves. I can see scum pick the vig too in hopes it shoots town. Soooo now that I read the claim I guess there's 95% guarantee of an IC in this.

Well, although I was scumlean on the slot before - the claim makes sense and essentially amounts to Transcend being conftown. Scum!Cend would either be shot point blank by the actual vig, or be killed D2 by the lack of a second kill. No dubious claims or WIFOM there, don't see why Transcend as scum would think this makes sense.

So moz what exactly is your rant/distrust here all about...? Can you seriously see a scum doing the above? That would be bordering gamethrowing, no?

RC why in is your townread on Cult so strong :shifty:

Now that I see Klick mention it, Transcend why didn't you explain the reads. Like yeah I'm treating you as conftown but most of your posts haven't been as big of a contribution as would be best for town from an outed PR.

I need to read Beef closer I guess. He's throwing me for a loop. Should do the same for Klick. COA needs to reply but I think I saw she did further down the thread. No big fan of recent tex posts either.

oooo I like . That's a catch on Beef copying. That's certainly suspicious.

Maxous. What are your arguments for not voting Beefster? What did you think of what Coa said in 622?

And yes I was in that game as scum. Finished 2 days ago. Interestingly Beef was one of my scumpartners actually. But you and most others here have certainly also rolled scum, no?
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:23 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

Beginning a catch up now

The tldr is probably going to be:

-> Transcend not doing anything, making PP's original tunnel on thor look scum motivated
-> Thor ignoring my issue of him treating players asymmetrically by flapping his arms and saying I don't have a meta case on him
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:30 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

As of page 19 my predictions are true and RCs claim is bathed in wifom and wasting time at best.
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:30 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

Caught up to 22

Maxous is coasting.

RC, what's with the unconfident reads list?
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:34 am

Sorry, am I supposed to have the game solved already and be 100% confident in all my reads just because?
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:57 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

I guess unconfident is a bad word

But it makes it look like you're not paying much attention to solving the game
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:59 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 569, Moneybags wrote:If Moz is scum he's a mastermind.
Can you elaborate on this?
Flubbernugget
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Flubbernugget
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:01 am

Post by Flubbernugget »

In post 583, RadiantCowbells wrote:oh yeah and this is what happens when you don't give me a few days to figure out my reads and instead force me to half bake content, you get reads that fly all over the place while I'm still rereading the game.

I hope you all learned your lesson
Fair post

Return to “Completed Open Games”