Newbie 1846 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
3 Masons in a Trenchcoat
3 Masons in a Trenchcoat
Townie
3 Masons in a Trenchcoat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:23 am

Post by 3 Masons in a Trenchcoat »

EBWOP: Move Cabd from neutral to scumlean. Seems like a scummy move to call out newbie behavior as scummy behavior.
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:43 am

Post by Huntress »

Vote Count 1.2Cabd (3) - Lucky2u, TheGoldenParadox, Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia (2) - 3 Masons in a Trenchcoat, Leeoon
3 Masons in a Trenchcoat (1) - UC Voyager
TheGoldenParadox (1) - MagikHorse
Leeoon (1) - Myloninja13
Myloninja13 (1) - Cabd

Not voting (0) -

With nine players alive, it takes five votes to lynch.

Deadline for Day One is Friday, 26th January, 11.00 pm GMT, (in (expired on 2018-01-26 23:00:00)).
MagikHorse
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:14 am

Post by MagikHorse »

Makes sense to me Leeoon. Better to poke at someone you know may react and provide information than to vote someone you don't really know. That's why I voted for Golden, as I saw how poorly they reacted when they replaced into Newbie 1840 as scum and was wondering what kind of reaction I'd get from them.

In regards to , that's just me as a person, as I've discovered from my first game (which was unfortunately lost in a forums crash). Not really much I can say or do about that.

Thanks for helping with the post links though. That'll be immensely helpful.
UC Voyager
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:56 am

Post by UC Voyager »

In post 47, Leeoon wrote:
In post 39, MagikHorse wrote:
In post 33, UC Voyager wrote:do you think that your gimmick will have an effect on the game?
Probably not. When I'm talking seriously, I don't post that way. It kind of slipped out there as an early-game fluffpost since things are relaxed and the game hasn't had time to heat up very much yet. It's not going to happen whatsoever once the pressure begins to build.

I have a slight townread on Cabd. They're the only one so far to actually peg someone on a mildly scummy action, and I agree with their read. Mylon made a poor decision with their purely random vote, especially in announcing it as such. Maybe they're telling the truth about RVS votes being random where they came from, but it's definitely not a good idea. Your vote is your early-game pressure, and pressuring someone at random isn't very effective. I have a mild suspicion on Leeoon for the same thing, calling his vote "arbitrary" as if he really didn't care about where it went or put any reasoning behind it. The RVS stage isn't just to throw out votes willy-nilly, it's there to see who reacts to them in what ways.

So, I ask of Leeoon, why did you specifically choose Not_Mafia for your vote?
NM is a very reactionary player. I know his reaction will shed some light on his alignment, while I don't know anybody else well enough to be sure of that.
I have played a lot more games with NM. I think their play is more unpredictable and predictable at the same time. I would not say they are always reactionary
In post 49, 3 Masons in a Trenchcoat wrote:Sorry for lurking. Schoolwork built up, I got a bit busy, and I wasn't able to get on and VLA.

As for reads, here's my list:

Town: UC Voyager, for being one to make sure the game progresses. Could be a scum trying to rush to a ML, but in my experience the people who are quick to play but not quick to push a lynch are town.

Townlean: Myloninja13. Not_Mafia. I feel like Mylon's mistakes are genuine, and intentions are pure. Not_Mafia I'm reading as town because of tone and demeanor, but this read could change.

Null: Leeoon, Cabd, TheGoldenParadox, and Lucky2u all too inactive.

Scumlean: Magikhorse. Seems a bit too friendly, like a scum trying to appear unsuspicious. Could be a moment of Look At Me, I'm So Town, but it also could just be newbie behavior. Not_Mafia could fit here as well for the same reasons, but instincts are saying that Not_Mafia is town.

And by the way, Horse, there's a button at the top of the reply box if you're not using quick reply. It says post, and if you click it then you can type the number between the brackets. For example,

Code: Select all

[post]45[/post]
would become .
That would be pocketing referring to magik, but I think they aren't really giving off the pocket feeling.
so...i don't get enough sleep
MagikHorse
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:45 pm

Post by MagikHorse »

Just for a more exact definition, what is pocketing? I've looked around on the wiki, but I can't find a definition anywhere.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:48 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

I think it's buddying
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:09 pm

Post by Lucky2u »

Hi guys! I'm still here!

NM is probably town. I don't know how to read UCV as an IC. Cabd! Why should I unvote you? I still need to get my achievment points for getting you lynched.
The bunny knight reigns supreme!
Get to know me! Here! and now Here too!
MagikHorse
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:09 pm

Post by MagikHorse »

Honestly, not really seeing it if buddying is what they're going for, unless they're referring specifically to . That's about all I see that might qualify, as everything else after my first post was either a reaction to someone else or a question of my own.
UC Voyager
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:47 pm

Post by UC Voyager »

In post 56, Lucky2u wrote:Hi guys! I'm still here!

NM is probably town. I don't know how to read UCV as an IC. Cabd! Why should I unvote you? I still need to get my achievment points for getting you lynched.
A) acheivment points don't matter

B) it was an RVS vote

C) you want to do townie things. . .

UNVOTE: idk if im voting for someone or not as it is
UC Voyager
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:49 pm

Post by UC Voyager »

In post 57, MagikHorse wrote:Honestly, not really seeing it if buddying is what they're going for, unless they're referring specifically to . That's about all I see that might qualify, as everything else after my first post was either a reaction to someone else or a question of my own.
I could see where they are coming from saying your buddying. I disagree with them, but you are being slightly overfreindly.
UC Voyager
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:50 pm

Post by UC Voyager »

im obviously a lucky2U's double vote. town aligned. :P
UC Voyager
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:51 pm

Post by UC Voyager »

guys. here is a challenge! try to raise your post count while making useful posts. ok. this game is being slow af and we are not going to find scum like that
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:18 am

Post by TheGoldenParadox »

Eew..
This is how a scum NM wins: by being so hard to read that everyone reads him as town early-game, then "figures it out" that he's scum.. all without looking at meta.
Please get this guy to L-1 so we can pressure him and read him.
The second part of that post is blecch. "Achievement points for getting [Cabd] lynched?" More like scum trying to look like their posting somewhat helpful somewhat jokey content. Voting Not_Maf, but slightly FoSing Lucky2u for the sole reason that Lucky is notorious for getting lynch d1 because of this and sometimes, meta doesn't lie.
VOTE: Not_Mafia
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:19 am

In post 25, Cabd wrote:
In post 24, TheGoldenParadox wrote:Always wanted to play with you.
Consider my ears perked; do tell.
The moderator of my first game was fferyllt, and while randomly searching the website I found a game with her and you in it where you played beautifully. I'll try to find it later.
Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:46 am

Post by Lucky2u »

In post 62, TheGoldenParadox wrote:

Eew..
This is how a scum NM wins: by being so hard to read that everyone reads him as town early-game, then "figures it out" that he's scum.. all without looking at meta.
The second part of that post is blecch. "Achievement points for getting [Cabd] lynched?" More like scum trying to look like their posting somewhat helpful somewhat jokey content. Voting Not_Maf, but slightly FoSing Lucky2u for the sole reason that Lucky is notorious for getting lynch d1 because of this and sometimes, meta doesn't lie.
Well if we're bringing meta into the argument you'll find I get lynched day 1 as town and scum for this exact type of posting. NM is still probably town. Your argument is very similar to the "he's so good as scum so let's Lynch them early" type non sense I would never agree to.
The bunny knight reigns supreme!
Get to know me! Here! and now Here too!
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:06 am

Post by Cabd »

Trip over. Headed home to stable interwebs and ability to play.
Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
TheGoldenParadox
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
TheGoldenParadox
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:09 am

In post 64, Lucky2u wrote:

Eew..
Well if we're bringing meta into the argument you'll find I get lynched day 1 as town and scum for this exact type of posting. NM is still probably town. Your argument is very similar to the "he's so good as scum so let's Lynch them early" type non sense I would never agree to.
Oh no no no. My argument is that he's a godforsaken troll who's incredibly hard to sort in LyLo, so let's pressure him, because that's the only way we can sort him.
3 Masons in a Trenchcoat
3 Masons in a Trenchcoat
Townie
3 Masons in a Trenchcoat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:57 am

Post by 3 Masons in a Trenchcoat »

In post 66, TheGoldenParadox wrote:

Eew..
Oh no no no. My argument is that he's a godforsaken troll who's incredibly hard to sort in LyLo, so let's pressure him, because that's the only way we can sort him.
I agree to putting the pressure on NM. So far, most of his posts have been jokes, and it's hard to get a read on jokes whether NM is town or scum. Can we get someone to put him in L-1?
MagikHorse
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:28 am

Post by MagikHorse »

Since my pressure vote on Golden isn't really doing anything and Not_Mafia hasn't contributed or explained much of anything (including their suspicions or their vote, although the vote at least matches their suspicions), I'll throw my vote that way.

This is L-1 folks, which means he's one vote away from a hammer. If you intend on hammering, state your intent to hammer first and give him some time to explain his position, claim, and stuff.

Also, just gonna say it now, it's probably way too early to actually hammer. Think of all the time we'd be losing when the day ends!
UC Voyager
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:37 am

Post by UC Voyager »

Whoa now. Het your votes of NM for gods sake

Here is some advice
You don't put people at l-1 on page three after RVS ends
Not even for pressure.
UC Voyager
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:38 am

Post by UC Voyager »

In post 68, MagikHorse wrote:Since my pressure vote on Golden isn't really doing anything and Not_Mafia hasn't contributed or explained much of anything (including their suspicions or their vote, although the vote at least matches their suspicions), I'll throw my vote that way.

This is L-1 folks, which means he's one vote away from a hammer. If you intend on hammering, state your intent to hammer first and give him some time to explain his position, claim, and stuff.

Also, just gonna say it now, it's probably way too early to actually hammer. Think of all the time we'd be losing when the day ends!
Someone didn't read my IC post
UC Voyager
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
UC Voyager
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:43 am

Post by UC Voyager »

Eew..
No it isn't. I can all ready tell you he is my strongest TR.
In post 67, 3 Masons in a Trenchcoat wrote:

Eew..
I agree to putting the pressure on NM. So far, most of his posts have been jokes, and it's hard to get a read on jokes whether NM is town or scum. Can we get someone to put him in L-1?
Uh what in the fuck. Thank you scum for outing yourself on page three

VOTE: masons
Also tgp is probably also scum because it was his idea
MagikHorse
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:23 am

Post by MagikHorse »

Not entirely sure how Masons has "outed" himself here. Not_Mafia really has provided next to nothing outside of jokes and hasn't explained a single read they've made. I do understand their suspicions, as we have next to no content or reasoning from NM, which is partially why I'm wondering exactly why UCV is saying NM so townie unless the reason is entirely meta-based or something.

That being said, I will retract my vote on NM before someone does something stupid, like me putting him at L-1 was to begin with. I should probably put that IC post in another tab for quick reference so I don't screw up like that again.

UNVOTE:
MagikHorse
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:26 am

Post by MagikHorse »

EBWODP: I forgot that Masons specifically called for him to be put to L-1, and I took that bait hard. that reasoning is understandable to me now.
MagikHorse
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:29 am

Post by MagikHorse »

And I guess while I'm at it, I might as well put my vote where my mouth is. Man, I'm scatterbrained today.

VOTE: 3 Masons in a Trenchcoat

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”