The Vortigaunt
Iconeum
Rei replaces elfiisgod
Mohab500
northsidegal replaces lemonater
Cheetory6 (SE)
osuka (SE)
GuiltyLion (IC)

SE - indicates a Semi-Experienced player, a player who has played at least two games on MafiaScum.net
IC - indicates the Inexperience-Challenged player, a player who has volunteered for a teaching position in this Newbie Game
(their play is governed by the MafiaWiki article on being a good IC)

Spoiler: Alive
Rei, a Vanilla Townie, survived.
northsidegal, a Vanilla Townie, survived.
Cheetory6, a Vanilla Townie, survived.
GuiltyLion, a Vanilla Townie, survived.

Spoiler: Dead
The Vortigaunt, a Mafia Roleblocker, was lynched Day 1.
thesunisjustfine, a Town Doctor, was killed Night 1.
Iconeum, a Vanilla Townie, was lynched Day 2.
osuka, a Town Cop, was killed Night 2.
Mohab500, a Mafia Goon, was lynched Day 3.

Important Events:
| | |
|
| |
Last edited by Micc on Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:51 am, edited 12 times in total.
Currently accepting pre-in's for Pokemon Ruby Mafia
"To hide a tree, use a forest" - Ninja Boy Hideo

Micc
Mafia Scum

Pronoun: He

Post Post #1  (ISO)  » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:26 pm

Game Rules

General Rules/Game Etiquette
  1. Obey all Site-wide Rules.
  2. Communication outside the thread (if your role specifically allows it) is allowed until the game begins.
  3. You may not quote private communication of any kind. This includes moderator-supplied information (either real or fabricated) of any kind. Paraphrasing (for role claims, etc.) is acceptable.
  4. There is to be NO personal communication outside of the forum postings unless your role PM specifically allows it.
Activity/Prods/Replacements
  1. Prods of missing players will be issued after 48 hours of no activity.
  2. A prodded player has 24 hours to respond to the prod, after which time a replacement search will begin. The prodded player may re-enter the game so long as no replacement has been found.
  3. A player who has been prodded 3 times is subject to possible replacement without further notice.
  4. If you anticipate being unavailable for more than 48 hours please PM me or post in the thread to declare V/LA.
  5. I reserve the right to force replace players who need extensively long V/LA at my own discretion.
Deadlines
  1. This game will have two week Day deadlines, and 48 hour Night deadlines.
  2. Extensions are given only in extreme circumstances.
  3. If you have a role with a Night action your choices are due to me by the posted deadline. If I do not receive your choice via PM by the posted deadline you will forfeit your actions.
Player Actions/Voting/Player Death
  1. A simple majority of all living players must agree on one person (via voting) for a Lynch to occur (simple majority = ½ # of living players +1, rounded down). If no one has a simple majority of votes at deadline a No Lynch will occur.
  2. Votes must be bolded or use the [.vote] tags to be counted (e.g. Vote: Player or VOTE: Player).
  3. Unvotes are not necessary before changing votes.
  4. You may Vote: No Lynch - a simple majority of these vote types are required to send the game to Night phase without a Lynch.
  5. Votes made using nicknames or abbreviations will be counted at my discretion. Fake vote gambits should be executed at your own peril. If I think its a vote, then its a vote.
Miscellaneous
  1. I will use Bolded Dark Blue (#004080) for Mod posts. Don't impersonate me. No invisible/small/encrypted text is allowed.
  2. Any situation not explicitly covered above is subject to my discretion and will be handled as I see fit on a case-by-case basis.

Micc
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2  (ISO)  » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:35 pm

Setup Information
2d3 (as designed by Cabd):

ABC
MafiaMafia RoleblockerMafia RolecopMafia Goon
Row 1Town Cop and Town NeapolitanTown Cop and Town TrackerTown Cop and Vanilla Townie
Row 2Town Jailkeeper and Town DoctorTown Jailkeeper and Town TrackerTown Jailkeeper and Vanilla Townie
Row 3Town Cop and Town DoctorTown Neapolitan and Town DoctorTown Tracker and Town Doctor

Each Newbie Game will be given a setup that incorporates one mafia role from the top of a column, and then two town roles from a row below the selected mafia role. The remaining six roles will be filled in by one mafia goons and five vanilla townies appropriately, to create a 2-mafia and 7-town setup.

All Newbie games use the Natural Action Resolution system for determining Night action effects. Mafia Roleblocker action takes precedence over a Town Jailkeeper action should that apply.

Mafia have access to their Private Topic at all times.

Spoiler: Full Setups
Column A & Row 1: Mafia Roleblocker, Mafia Goon, Town Cop, Town Neapolitan, Vanilla Townie x 5
Column A & Row 2: Mafia Roleblocker, Mafia Goon, Town Jailkeeper, Town Doctor, Vanilla Townie x 5
Column A & Row 3: Mafia Roleblocker, Mafia Goon, Town Cop, Town Doctor, Vanilla Townie x 5
Column B & Row 1: Mafia Rolecop, Mafia Goon, Town Cop, Town Tracker, Vanilla Townie x 5
Column B & Row 2: Mafia Rolecop, Mafia Goon, Town Jailkeeper, Town Tracker, Vanilla Townie x 5
Column B & Row 3: Mafia Rolecop, Mafia Goon, Town Neapolitan, Town Doctor, Vanilla Townie x 5
Column C & Row 1: Mafia Goon x 2, Town Cop, Vanilla Townie x 6
Column C & Row 2: Mafia Goon x 2, Town Jailkeeper, Vanilla Townie x 6
Column C & Row 3: Mafia Goon x 2, Town Doctor, Town Tracker, Vanilla Townie x 5

Spoiler: Sample Role PM's
Vanilla TownieWelcome!

You are a Vanilla Townie.

You have no special abilities.

You win when all threats to the Town have been eliminated.

The game thread is [url]here[/url].

Confirm by replying with your role name and alignment.

Town JailkeeperWelcome!

You are a Town Jailkeeper.

You may target one player per night phase. This player will be protected from kills and be prevented from using their own action, if they have one, during that night phase. You cannot target yourself.

Town CopWelcome!

You are a Town Cop.

You may target one player per night phase. At the end of the night phase, you will be informed if they are Town or Mafia. If you are roleblocked, you will receive no result.

Town NeapolitanWelcome!

You are a Town Neapolitan.

You may target one player per night phase. At the end of the night phase, you will be informed if they are Vanilla Townie or Not Vanilla Townie. If you are roleblocked, you will receive no result.

Town TrackerWelcome!

You are a Town Tracker.

You may target one player per night phase. At the end of the night phase, you will be informed what player or players they targeted with their action, if any. If you are roleblocked, you will receive no result.

Town DoctorWelcome!

You are a Town Doctor.

You may target one player per night phase. This player will be protected from kills during that night phase. You cannot target yourself.

Mafia GoonWelcome!

You are a Mafia Goon.

You and your partner share a factional kill each night. You must choose which of you will commit the kill. You also share a factional PT, located [url]here[/url], where you may talk at any time.

You win when the Town has been eliminated, or nothing can stop this from occurring.

Confirm by replying with your role name and alignment or by posting in your PT.

Mafia RolecopWelcome!

You are a Mafia Rolecop.

You may target one player per night phase. At the end of the night phase, you will be informed of their role but not their alignment. Vanilla Townies and Mafia Goons will both return "Vanilla". If you are roleblocked, you will receive no result.

You and your partner share a factional kill each night. You must choose which of you will commit the kill. You may commit the kill and perform a role cop in the same night phase. You also share a factional PT, located [url]here[/url], where you may talk at any time.

You win when the Town has been eliminated, or nothing can stop this from occurring.

Mafia RoleblockerWelcome!

You are a Mafia Roleblocker.

You may target one player per night. This player will be prevented from performing their own action, if any.

You and your partner share a factional kill each night. You must choose which of you will commit the kill. You may commit the kill and perform a roleblock in the same night phase. You also share a factional PT, located [url]here[/url], where you may talk at any time.

Micc
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3  (ISO)  » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:02 pm

Role PM's are out. Please remember to confirm in the method described at the bottom of your Role PM.

The game will begin when at least eight players have confirmed and at least 24 hours have past from this post.

Everyone has confirmed. It is now Day 1.

Micc
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:35 am

Votecount 1.00Not Voting (9) - yankeefan116, The Vortigaunt, Iconeum, elfiisgod, Mohab500, lemonater, Cheetory6, osuka, GuiltyLion

With 9 votes in play it takes 5 to lynch.

The deadline for Day 1 is in (expired on 2018-02-10 11:40:00).

osuka
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:46 am

VOTE: cheetos6

Should’ve been “doritory69”
"I would also like to reiterate my claim that Osuka is sort of obviously town" - rc about scumsuka

Cheetory6
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:48 am

VOTE: osucka

Should've been "ublowa"

osuka
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:56 am

Listen I don’t know who that fella is but it sure sounds like he’s scum

VOTE: ublowa
"I would also like to reiterate my claim that Osuka is sort of obviously town" - rc about scumsuka

Cheetory6
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:31 am

VOTE: ublowa
ez $

yankeefan116
Townie

Post Post #9  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 27, 2018 12:12 pm

Let's do this!

VOTE: elfisgod

osuka
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:00 pm

VOTE: yankeefan116

go orioles

osuka
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:00 pm

this is l-4 by the way, sorry i forgot to add that to last post

GuiltyLion
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #12  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:37 pm

Hi everyone!

I'm your IC this game, which means I will do my best to lead by example and help answer any questions you have about mechanics or theory. There are a lot of resources on the wiki and the discussion forums if you'd like to read more about how mafia is generally played, I suggest checking those out if you're looking for useful material. I will offer my thoughts as we play, but remember, I'm just as likely to be scum as anybody else. I will not lie about terms and theory to my advantage, and I'll try to make it clear if I'm speaking as IC or as GL-the-player when I answer questions.

A few of the big points:

Activity - Try to check in at least once a day, interacting with the latest content as much as possible. Town won't win if we don't have information and can't work with and talk to eachother, so lurking and avoiding the thread hurts the game.

Lynch mechanics - Players are lynched as soon as they hit the majority of votes needed (today, that is 5 votes). You cannot undo a 5th "hammer" vote, so please do not hammer until the player has had time to claim and everyone else has chimed in for/against the lynch. Speed hammering a lynch is very pro-scum, as it cuts discussion short and increases the risk of hammering a power role. Don't do it. If you want to hammer, declare "intent to hammer" a day or two before you actually intend to do it. It's also considered common courtesy to announce when you are putting a player at "L-1", when they are one vote away from lynch, so that no one will accidentally hammer.

Claiming your role - It is important to keep your role hidden from scum, and only claim when someone has given intent to hammer you. Scum gain useful information from finding out who are VTs and who are Power Roles (PRs), as they need to get rid of the PRs - don't make their work easier for them!

Mentality - Mafia can get intense sometimes. I've certainly had games that have made me mad, but please remember in the end it is just a game, and there's no excuse to insult or attack other people. Keep your arguments focused on others' play, and remember that someone with a scum role PM is not a bad person, their wincon requires them to trick the town into lynching you (or other townies). Part of my job is to promote a positive and healthy game environment in this game, so I will jump in if I think you are crossing the line. And if you find yourself getting frustrated or upset with what people are saying, take a break from the game for a few hours and come back with a cooler head.

Also, mafia is difficult! Don't be dismayed if your reads are off or you don't know who's scum, even the most experienced scumhunters have bad games. The most important thing is to just post your honest thoughts as you have them.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"

GuiltyLion
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #13  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:38 pm

In post 10, osuka wrote:VOTE: yankeefan116

go orioles

Another Orioles fan! Down to sheep here

"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"

lemonater
Townie

Post Post #14  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:40 pm

Vote: Mohab500

lurking for 5 hours = scum confirmed

also hello everyone, how's it going

The Vortigaunt
Townie

Post Post #15  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:23 pm

Hello everybody. Never trust a yank :D
yankeefan116

Also @GuiltyLion, I love Calvin and hobbes. Still have them on my bookshelf

The Vortigaunt
Townie

Post Post #16  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:24 pm

Woops.
Vote: yankeefan116

Cheetory6
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #17  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:08 pm

In post 14, lemonater wrote:lurking for 5 hours = scum confirmed
posting to avoid being suspected for this.

lemonater
Townie

Post Post #18  (ISO)  » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:10 pm

In post 17, Cheetory6 wrote:
In post 14, lemonater wrote:lurking for 5 hours = scum confirmed
posting to avoid being suspected for this.

game started at 3am for me my man

yankeefan116
Townie

Post Post #19  (ISO)  » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:20 am

Not sure if you're old enough to remember this GuiltyLion but I'm Jeffrey Maier in real life LOL j/k

yankeefan116
Townie

Post Post #20  (ISO)  » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:21 am

Osuka if you're old enough you would get that reference as well lol

osuka
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21  (ISO)  » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:52 am

the yankees never won that world series

Mohab500
Goon

Post Post #22  (ISO)  » Sun Jan 28, 2018 1:29 am

Hey everybody! Sorry for coming in late, had a little issue with the site so I couldn't post.

Seems like everybody's been shitposting and we really have no proper lead, so I won't vote anyone, doesn't mean I don't suspect a few (heh....).

osuka
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23  (ISO)  » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:02 am

firstly, welcome to mafiascum

In post 22, Mohab500 wrote:Seems like everybody's been shitposting and we really have no proper lead, so I won't vote anyone, doesn't mean I don't suspect a few (heh....).

secondly, please don't write shit posts like this in the future. note the difference

shitpost: a post that is not serious (shitpost), meme, etc. Usually low in content
shit post: what you wrote. a post that is shit. Actually devoid of content

shitposting is an integral part of rvs and, arguably, helps the game move forward (at this stage)
"proper leads" are literally unheard of in the first page
not voting doesn't help move the game anywhere during rvs. in fact, by not voting you're stalling it even further

"doesn't mean I don't suspect a few" tells us absolutely nothing of substance. it's too generic and you're trying to voice concerns about other slots without actually saying anything
this is the mafia equivalent of going to the doctor's office and telling him you have "pain somewhere in my body" but not telling him where it is or anything else at all about what brought you in (i.e., withholding necessary information (that you have) for absolutely no reason, without which your post is literally meaningless)

Iconeum
Mafia Scum

Pronoun: It

Post Post #24  (ISO)  » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:18 am

In post 14, lemonater wrote:Vote: Mohab500

lurking for 5 hours = scum confirmed

also hello everyone, how's it going

Looking for an easy lynch?

Also, im not sure how i feel about our IC named Guilty ...

Next
[ + ]

Return to Completed Newbie Games