Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1775 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:16 am

Post by Varsoon »

VOTE: Bonn

Voting is practically a waste regardless, mutant.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1776 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:30 am

Post by mutantdevle »

Yeah and if we all had that mentality then we'd have no hope of winning.
I mostly just lurk now.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1777 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:41 am

Post by Varsoon »

Mutant,
I don't know what your win condition is. Hell, I don't even know what mine is. All I can figure is that I win this game solely by surviving to the end.
In a game where survival is literally the ONLY thing I have to aspire towards, why the fuck would I care about anything beyond that?
I'm in a 'winning' state by goddamn default.

@Drixx: Block the person with kills unless you can be sure they'll shoot cult. Rationale for it is what I just wrote.
Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #1778 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:50 am

Post by Chickadee »

Do not block me. I have another action I can take aside from killing. I've claimed as much.
Instagram: BoneSpellArts

"Yo I'm so good at anime girls" - pj
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1779 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:57 am

Post by mutantdevle »

I'm under the impression (and I think most people are too) that us neutrals don't win by simply surviving. We have to survive AND not let cult win. If either cult wins, we don't. If we die, we can't win either. The game ends once everyone is either dead or immunised. A cult must hold the majority to win, it's not whichever cult gets the highest number of members. If we have the majority instead, we win. That's why it's crucial to immunise the right people, to keep our numbers and hence increase the chance we win.

I don't remember who it was, but someone told us this earlier and that they found out from asking the mod. So if you're in doubt, then ask the mod about it yourself.
I mostly just lurk now.
SnarkySnowman
SnarkySnowman
Mafia Scum
SnarkySnowman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1780 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:11 pm

Post by SnarkySnowman »

I can confirm that neutrals cannot win by merely surviving, mutant
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1781 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:12 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1777, Varsoon wrote:Mutant,
I don't know what your win condition is. Hell, I don't even know what mine is. All I can figure is that I win this game solely by surviving to the end.
In a game where survival is literally the ONLY thing I have to aspire towards, why the fuck would I care about anything beyond that?
I'm in a 'winning' state by goddamn default.

@Drixx: Block the person with kills unless you can be sure they'll shoot cult. Rationale for it is what I just wrote.
I don't think it's actually "neutral survivor", but a role that's meant to be like "you win if no group faction wins"
And given that kills are the only way of getting rid of players I don't want kills blocked ever.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Lifthrasil
Lifthrasil
Goon
Lifthrasil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1782 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:30 pm

Post by Lifthrasil »

In post 1769, Gamma Emerald wrote:It could be scum baiting immunize votes
I know. But so could be any other train. And honestly, I don't know who to vote for. You seem to be playing your normal town game, but you don't want to be immunized. I don't want to vote Venmar or Srceenplay and I have no read whatsoever on Boonskiies. ...

Ah well, without a successful vote this play phase might never end and the game might become even more stuck than it is already. So I'll just tag along on Boon.

VOTE: Boonskiies
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #1783 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:46 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

VOTE: Boonskies
GTK a me, currently live, this may be your only chance!
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=78521&p=10688009#p10688009
Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #1784 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:47 pm

Post by Chickadee »

VOTE: Boonskies
Instagram: BoneSpellArts

"Yo I'm so good at anime girls" - pj
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1785 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:09 pm

Post by Almost50 »

VOTE: Boon

Not fully convinced, but it's better than not voting anyone this phase.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Srceenplay
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Srceenplay
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1786 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:50 pm

Post by Srceenplay »

VOTE: boon
"A man can not be too careful on the choices of his enemies." Oscar Wilde
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1787 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:54 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 1779, mutantdevle wrote:I'm under the impression

Stopped reading there
Keep assuming how the setup works and bumbling in the dark.
We're already past critical mass on possible recruits, so cult could just swing any 'immune' vote where they want.
Like on Boonskies.
VOTE: Boon
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1788 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:26 pm

Post by mutantdevle »

Well Varsoon maybe if you were actually reading things you'd know you don't win by simply surviving and that the cults are not past critical mass.

2 or 3 people have already confirmed that we don't win by simply surviving and you have the option to clarify it with the mod if you wish. "I'm under the impression" just means that I have not clarified it for myself so I don't know 100% for certain but the point is I don't need to. As for being past critical mass:
In post 1735, Ms Columbo wrote:So, if I'm tracking, there are now 5 cult members.

1 team of 2 and 1 team of 3
or
1 team of 1 and 1 team of 4
5 players, either split into 2v3 or 4v1, are not going to have that much swing on us.

Like dude, why you gotta drag everyone down by reinstating how pointless our power is over and over again? Can't you just accept what little power we collectively have and try to use that as best to our advantage as possible?

VOTE: boonskies
I mostly just lurk now.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1789 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:29 pm

Post by Varsoon »

I do read things, I just don't make worthless assumptions about the gamestate based off of knowledge that isn't hard-confirmed.
I sincerely hope that you are on the losing side of this game, if only for your goddamn hubris.
mutantdevle
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
mutantdevle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1790 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:39 pm

Post by mutantdevle »

I'm not being overconfident in my words, I'm simply trying to do
something
. I've been trying to boost morale all game, it's worked with some people, but not with others. We shouldn't just be giving up and doing things randomly just because nothing is hard confirmed, we should be throwing theories around and trying to make connections to help game solve. Who cares if we don't get everything right, theorising and considering a range of possibilities is part of the fun of mafia. When you have a read on someone in a standard mafia game, you don't always have hard evidence because you're not supposed to. Mafia is not a game of absolutes. The extent of that this game may be uncomfortable for you but that shouldn't mean you should just give up and not care.
I mostly just lurk now.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #1791 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:42 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

Not for very much longer....
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #1792 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:44 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

Getting voted means i become immune to being cult, right? So if both cults are wiped out, I win?
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1793 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:53 pm

Post by Varsoon »

By not caring, I ensure my continued survival.
You're a rube for caring about things.

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1794 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:55 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

no ur a rube for constantly bashing any pro-town play
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1795 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:57 pm

Post by Varsoon »

There is no town, chumpus wumpus.

I've already presented the optimal strat for winning this games, you cards just didn't care to listen then.

Now my number one goal is to survive to endgame. So long as I'm not culted, I win if we're in the 'great' state you rhombuses keep slanting off about.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1796 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:02 pm

Post by Varsoon »

If I'm suuuuuch a chore to be around, why don't you just lynch me, then?
Oh, wait, you can't, sucks to suck.

Spend another 60 pages speculating in the dark about a game three people are actually capable of playing. IF you end up actually wanting advice on how to win this or worthwhile input from my end, I'll be around, but I'm not going to be a part of the masturbatory peanut gallery that is the entire going-ons of the usual 'play' phase thread.
Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #1797 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:15 pm

Post by Cerberus v666 »

In post 1796, Varsoon wrote:If I'm suuuuuch a chore to be around, why don't you just lynch me, then?
Oh, wait, you can't, sucks to suck.

Spend another 60 pages speculating in the dark about a game three people are actually capable of playing. IF you end up actually wanting advice on how to win this or worthwhile input from my end, I'll be around, but I'm not going to be a part of the masturbatory peanut gallery that is the entire going-ons of the usual 'play' phase thread.
Three people?

Which three?
GTK a me, currently live, this may be your only chance!
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=78521&p=10688009#p10688009
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1798 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:22 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Cult Leader A
Cult Leader B
Survival Faction PR

There's a chance there's a second Survival Faction PR that actually has some degree of game control as well.
Consider the previous setup from this mod; Maplewood Village. In that game, which was a revision of a setup he liked and ran before, featured only a handful of roles that actually had a level of control over the gamestate and knowledge of what was going on. Everyone else was left blindly ambling about, hoping they could win with what little role info and setup info they had. Mutantdevle tried to make the case that mafia IS a game of working out a solution to a problemset with unknown variables, but there's a huge disparity between the public knowledge and power balance in a regular game of mafia compared to the kinds of games Drealmerz likes to design.

Now, Cerb, you should know I don't like putting in work. I hate it. I get good (maybe, arguably good, but likely not) ideas but executing them always feels like a pain.
Go back through and see which players were willing to vote for any immunize target and who did not vote for anyone. You'll likely find your Cult Leaders in the will-vote-for-anyone bracket during Day 1 or 2, but once they start building up their cult, they are far less likely to vote to immunize people already on their side. If you go check the vote patterns, which you'll have to actually do by sorting through the game thread because Drealmerz posts a VC about once every blue moon (okay lol we've gotten 20 VCs within 72 pages, so it's not TERRIBLE but it's bad if you care to use to calculate what I'm proposing).

As far as WHO the cult leaders are, I don't think they're anyone who claimed power so far, so long as we're assuming the vig is town-sided.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1799 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2018 3:27 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Oh, but, yeah, you slackers, keep insisting 'Varsoon is not reading or following the game he is just antitown'.
I'm plenty present. I'm snagging pagetops to ensure that I at least stay read up.
It's just that there is far too little agency or incentive given to me to gamesolve, given what we definitively know about the setup.
Consider furthermore that, since I could be recruited at any time, that gamesolving AGAINST cult could end up being my own undoing, I'm further put in a position where actively playing the game to work towards a traditional 'town' victory is a lot of effort towards a goal that had no clear cut indications of helping me achieve my own wincon and, actually, may be detrimental against my wincon should I ever get culted.

I've got more cards that I haven't played and more thoughts that I won't post until post-game, very likely. I'm playing the way that I am because it ensures MYSELF the highest likelihood of victory. Don't like it? Lynch me. :P

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”