Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2578 (ISO) » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:55 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

Why is this taking so long. I'm practically confirmed town.
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2579 (ISO) » Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:58 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

I think his mistake was clearing you last night by killing penguin. I think his plan was going to push you, now has to change it.
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
Iconeum
Iconeum
Survivor
Iconeum
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2580 (ISO) » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:08 pm

Post by Iconeum »

In post 2579, Kokichi Oma wrote:I think his mistake was clearing you last night by killing penguin. I think his plan was going to push you, now has to change it.
Explain to me how I set up UT as a target for today? Why would I have killed Penguin, on whom I already had a case built earlier this game?
Rawr!
#stopmodabuse
#Town!Ico.never.does.that.
"paying to play mafia is like paying someone to punch you in the face" ~ Datisi
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #2581 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2018 5:46 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 2578, Kokichi Oma wrote:Why is this taking so long. I'm practically confirmed town.
that's exactly my point though. why aren't you dead?

then again I also find it particularly spooky that Ico came in and tried to act like it was a choice between you and me when from his perspective as town you should just be confirmed scum. rghhhhhhhhhhhhh
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2582 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:32 am

Post by Kokichi Oma »

Its pretty simple why I'm not dead. Because people kept saying "if you're alive we lynch you tomorrow."
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2583 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:32 am

Post by Kokichi Oma »

I'm literally mechanically confirmed town.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #2584 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:13 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

I mean yeah, 99% yeah. there's a possibility that you-scum had a 1-shot delayed kill or that the scum role PM allowed you to use multiple abilities per night, as profii's did, but it's just way more likely that you're town than not based on setup information.

it just feels really easy and whenever things are this easy it always makes me paranoid. however, the high value play here is to lynch Ico so

vote Ico

if you were scum then good job, well played, congrats you totally deserved the win.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #2585 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:14 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

Ico regardless of if you were town then your entrance today is where you lost this game because I was open to the possibility of lynching Koki but your entrance was just so fucking bad
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #2586 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:20 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

sorry dead town if I failed you

it seemed like the right call from my perspective
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #2587 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:04 am

Post by vonflare »

A final lunch has been reached!

The Mafia team of Kokichi Oma, Bambietta Basterbine, and Profii wins!

Roles and mod commentary incoming
THIS POST IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #2588 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:05 am

Post by vonflare »

Greetings, and welcome to One-Shot Mafia!

You are
Town 1-shot Weak Cop

Investigate Weakly:
once per game, at night, you may target another player. You learn the alignment of that player. However, if they are Mafia, you die.

You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.

You are
Town 1-shot Role Cop

Role Cop:
once per game, at night, you may target another player. You learn what one-shot ability they started the game with.

You are
Town 1-shot Modified Fruit Vendor

Fruit Vend:
once per game, at night, you may give fruit to another player. The target receives a message indicating that they received fruit.

Gardener (Passive):
if you are nightkilled, the killer receives fruit, and a message indicating that they received fruit. If a player receives 2 or more fruit total, they are publicly revealed to smell like fruit.

You are
Town 1-shot Conscientious Neighbourizer

Neighbourize:
once per game, at night, you may target another player. You and the target gain a private topic in which you may communicate at any time.

Conscientious (Passive):
when you hammer a player, you are overcome by guilt and cannot act during the next night.

You are
Town 1-shot Delayed Tracker

Delayed Track:
once per game, at night, you may target another player. The following night, you learn who they target during that night.

You are
Town 1-shot Doctor

Heal:
once per game, at night, you may target another player. They are protected from a single kill.

You are
Town 1-shot Modified Roleblocker

Modified Roleblock:
once per game, at night, you may target another player. They cannot act this night. However, the 1-shot they used is not expended.

You are
Town 1-shot Mad Inventor

Invent:
once per game, at night, you may target another player. Choose one of: Voyeur, Bodyguard, Shot-Detector. The target gains a 1-shot use of the ability you chose.

(Voyeur sees the names of all actions that were performed on the target. Bodyguard dies instead of his target if his target is killed. Shot-Detector learns how many 1-shot abilities the target has, and whether they used one that night.)

Madness (Passive):
If you hammer a player with 1-shot abilities left, the abilities are changed to copies of your Invent when you obtain them.

You are
Town 1-shot Reloader

Reload:
once per game, at night, you may target another player. ALL 1-shot abilities that they have used this game are refreshed.

You are
Town 1-shot Self-Watcher

Self-Watch:
once per game, at night, you may activate this ability to learn who, if anyone, targeted you with any actions.

You win when only you remain, or nothing can prevent this.

You are
Mafia 1-shot Modified Consigliere

Mafia:
Your partners are <> and <>. You can communicate with them <HERE>. You have a factional kill that you can use each night.

Investigation:
once per game, at night, you may target another player. You learn what 1-shot abilities they have, which ones they have and have not used, and their passive, if any.

Lone Observer (Passive):
If you are the last mafia-aligned player alive, you receive a complete list of every player that takes an action each night.

You win when only the mafia remains, or nothing can prevent the same.

You are
Mafia 1-shot Fast Roleblocker

Mafia:
Your partners are <> and <>. You can communicate with them <HERE>. You have a factional kill that you can use each night.

Roleblock:
once per game, at night, you may target another player. They cannot act this night. The 1-shot they used is expended.

Fast (Passive):
You can use as many night actions as you want simultaneously.

You are
Mafia 1-shot Modified Perma-Tracker-Watcher

Mafia:

Perma-Track-Watch:
once per game, at night, you may target a player. For the rest of the game, every night you will learn who they target and who targets them.

Failsafe (Passive):
If you are lynched and you have unused 1-shot abilities, you may choose one of them. It is not passed on to the hammerer. This passive will not appear in your flip if you choose not to use its effect.

THIS POST IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #2589 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:06 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 2588, vonflare wrote:Lone Observer (Passive): If you are the last mafia-aligned player alive, you receive a complete list of every player that takes an action each night.
eat a dick, vonflare
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #2590 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:08 am

Post by vonflare »

Kokichi's passive was extremely strong, but I thought I had balanced it by only making it usable when they were the last scum alive. It turned out to be a lot stronger than I anticipated. Kokichi played the role well and even though the town played an absolutely stellar game, she managed to pull a win.

Congrats to the Mafia, and thank you all very much for playing. I hope you enjoyed the game.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #2591 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:09 am

Post by vonflare »

vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #2592 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:12 am

Post by vonflare »

I do understand any negative feelings towards the setup though, it wasn't especially balanced, and I apologize for that. Though it is difficult to create a balanced game with a role madness.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2593 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:13 am

Post by PenguinPower »

I probably would have lynched Kokichi just to stop him from repeating “mechanically confirmed town” over and over. I’m surprised you didn’t, UT.
<(") | (")>
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #2594 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:17 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

I really really wanted to
Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2595 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:18 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

Yeah the power was overpowered, but frankly both me and PP dying should have set off a lot more alarm bells.

Especially penguin, there was nothing for ICO to gain from lynching him over koki or UT, me I could understand it might be someone trying to mislead, but penguins was a red flag.

I'm disappointed ICO didnt come out swinging more on the last day.

Also I am screaming at whoever it was who quoted Profii's reads list and didnt notice that the one player completely absent from it was Kokichi.
Scum:
nk bastion cos he is never being lynched imo.

I don't honestly think Sir Bastion is a PR, he's too outspoken for it. But he's also a pain in the ass.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #2596 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:18 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 2590, vonflare wrote:Kokichi's passive was extremely strong, but I thought I had balanced it by only making it usable when they were the last scum alive. It turned out to be a lot stronger than I anticipated. Kokichi played the role well and even though the town played an absolutely stellar game, she managed to pull a win.

Congrats to the Mafia, and thank you all very much for playing. I hope you enjoyed the game.
okay well that makes the ability stronger because it gives them like a 99% chance of just being confirmed town, especially when there's already a flipped watcher/tracker on the team

I mean I still was scumreading Koki. I really wanted to lynch it, but there was such a high chance of it being confirmed town that I just couldn't bring myself to do it.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #2597 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:19 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 2595, Sir Bastion wrote:Yeah the power was overpowered, but frankly both me and PP dying should have set off a lot more alarm bells.

Especially penguin, there was nothing for ICO to gain from lynching him over koki or UT, me I could understand it might be someone trying to mislead, but penguins was a red flag.

I'm disappointed ICO didnt come out swinging more on the last day.

Also I am screaming at whoever it was who quoted Profii's reads list and didnt notice that the one player completely absent from it was Kokichi.
yeah I know. I was hearing the Kill Bill sound in my head all of the last day when I read Koki's posts, but the setup information made it a much higher value play to just lynch Ico and accept the fact that my read was probably just wrong.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #2598 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:21 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

ultimately it's pretty disappointing because I was saying for several days in a row "yeah I guess there's a possibility of role shenanigans" so I should have just gone with my gut

god dammit
Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2599 (ISO) » Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:31 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

personal thoughts

Town was really good, I mean on the first day alone we had put 2 of the 3 scum players up to l-1. Forcing one to quit out and lynching the 2nd.

day 2 was a massive brainfart of a day

but everyone was back on form on day 3.

If the passive hadnt come into play I'd imagine we would have won on day 4 (koki would have had no claim and UT was tracking him)

Koki did play a really good scumgame, he was very much prepared to cover for his mistakes such as his blatantly scummy unvote of bambi on day 1. He never backed down to either UT or Mollie when they both went after him and he did a good job of twisting his earlier actions to look more town like.

I really wanted to call out your claim of suspecting bambi over the watcher claim as complete horseshit when you first said it.

But then that perfect storm of me pushing N_M to use his power in the neighbourhood combined with koki not only knowing about it but going to the same place gave him the route to win.

And you could argue if a player had to rely on a mechanic to win then that mechanic is overpowered. But he played it brilliantly and got the win from that day alone.

Other players *ehh*

I think bambi needs to seriously work on their scumgame, mulch did a bit better but there were tells leaking out all over that even if they didnt replace out they were a likely push for day 3, especially after penguin's claim.

Town, Mollie did fine, I think UT did well too up until the end, N_M I thought did well at keeping me at arms length in the neighbourhood but not alienating me enough to out him fully and push him, which all felt very town. It took a convincing fake claim to have me turn on him.

Penguin you were a bit weak initially but once you claimed you got a lot stronger, I imagine you are normally a very strong vanilla town player right?

Ico you might have been better if you hadnt replaced the worse slot in the game, but aggression is needed!

Lovebird already knows my feelings so I'm not revisiting

Alisae and reckoner were both solid town on my end, I never felt the need to push them

While Ari's disappearance and fake claim on day 2 may be the only genuine town mishap not associated with a questionable passive power.

Also I give permission to release the Neighbourhood thread. I dont know if N_M needs to too?
Scum:
nk bastion cos he is never being lynched imo.

I don't honestly think Sir Bastion is a PR, he's too outspoken for it. But he's also a pain in the ass.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”