- Wild stab in the dark N3
Mellowed Man
Rigel
Townie
- Mobbed D4
Near -
Pyschiatrist
- De-Marbled N4
Townie Role PM wrote:You are an Innocent Townie. You can vote and post, but not much else. But hey, you can still catch all the scum! You win when all threats to the town are eliminated. Please reply with your role so that I can be sure that you’ve read this PM.
Last edited by Oman on Mon May 19, 2008 6:15 pm, edited 16 times in total.
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:53 pm

Post by Oman »

Rules
(Stolen, and modified, from Crub, who probably theifed them from meme in some way)
[01]
Votes must be in bold.
If you do not bold your vote, it will not be counted.
[02]
Please be attentive and unvote,
if necessary, before casting a new vote. It will not count otherwise.
[03]
Lynching will require a simple majority of votes.
Once a player has reached the necessary majority, their pleas are useless and any attempts to unvote will be unheeded. Feel free to post and pm in twilight, though.
[04] You may vote: no lynch. Majority votes of this kind are necessary to end the day without a death.
[05]
Days will last 3 weeks long max. You have one (1) extension of 1 week. If you want the extension: PM me.
If I impose a day deadline the player with the most votes will be lynched (this includes no lynch). In case of a tie, first come, first served. In case of an endgame (six players or fewer) only simply majority lynches will occur.
[07]
Do not discuss this game outside the thread unless your role states it.
No-one may post in the thread when I declare it night (In case I don't lock it).
[08]
Once your death scene has been posted, you’re dead. Stop typing.
Not even a “Bah!” post. Just, just stop. Fingers off the keys. You're no longer breathing. Save it for after the game is over.
[09] No small or invisible text. Don’t edit/delete previously submitted posts either.
[10]
Don’t quote any PMs from me or other players. If you do, I will cast Summon Nature's Modkill V on you.
Also, if you have anything sneaky or dicey such as screenshots, cryptography etc, please PM me and check.

[11]
If you have a night choice to make, it is due by the posted deadline.
I will not wait for you. If you do not submit a choice to me, its a No Choice.
If you have a power and don't want to use it PM me "none" "no action" or similar to keep the game fast.

[12] If you anticipate being unavailable for more than a 48-hour period, please post a notice to that effect in the thread or PM me. Treat this game as a commitment. Be considerate – don’t leave us hanging.
[13] Unlike Crub I am not fallible.
Please point out any mistakes you make by PM, even if it seems its my fault.
In particular, if I post a vote count that does not accurately reflect your vote, please PM me.
[14] There is no Rule 6
[15]
Red texts are my mod texts.
Please don't use them.
I know what I write, and if you try to pass yourself off as me, you shall feel pain.
[16]
Play to win this game.
Do not use it to build a meta-game of yourself for other games,
this game is an island.
Also,
all players must read their role PMs
and understand their role before playing. If you have a question PM me.
[17] Remember, it’s a game and it’s supposed to be fun. Be nice to your fellow players and your mod.

I also would ask you to consider Mith's Forum Guidelines. Anything that isn't in my rules won't be enforced without thought and discussion, but lets try to keep to the spirit of it.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:54 pm

Post by Oman »

It is now Night Zero.

Anyone who has a Night choice must get it in within 48hrs or face no choice.

You must also confirm your role to me by pm within that frame.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:00 pm

Post by Oman »

Two players have not yet confirmed, they have about 30 hrs before I start looking for replacements.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:38 pm

Post by Oman »

'Twas a dark and stormy night,
One born of children's fright,
But for Sierra the townie
The night was more frownie
when he was doused and then set alight.

The town awakes and finds that a mob attack on Sierra (Owner of Sierra's Fine Hats and Belts) had occured. The body left tied to a chair and still slightly warm, though not from body heat.

The funeral was short, with Curiouskarmadog saying a few words, and vollkan saying a few more words than was really neccesary. The town evacuated the women and children, counted their number and knew that among them were the perpetrators.

Perhaps the answer lay in discussing this until they felt guilty and moved on. Or perhaps the answer lay in letting someone dangle from a tree each day until the mafia was no more.

Please everyone thank Sierra for coming today, its a shame he'll go home epty handed, but thats the way the cookie crumbles. Okay guys, I want to see blood, I want to see hatred, I want to see fun!
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:24 pm

Post by Oman »

Sensfan will be absent and has proxyed his vote to Vikingfan.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:40 pm

Post by vollkan »

Vote: Near

Cheap imitations must DIE!
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:45 pm

Post by vikingfan »

Mod: has Sensfan given me his vote for the entire day or just until some date at which point he will come back and keep his original vote?
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:01 pm

Post by curiouskarmadog »

random vote: porochaz
, for the bible tells me so.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:03 pm

Post by vollkan »

I've been wrangling with this even since receiving my PM, and I've decided to go ahead and claim.

I am a
miller

My reasons for claiming are thus: Many-a-time have I been called unreadable and, given how much I usually post and how aggresive I usually am, I know that makes me a prime candidate for investigation. The other factor I needed to consider, obviously, was the likelihood of me being NKed. I reasoned that this was essentially "unjudgable". I figured that ff my suspicions are accurate, the scum might NK me, just as I might be NKed, alternatively, if my suspicions are inaccurate (to cast doubt on my suspects).

I would much rather make this declaration now than have a cop needlessly out himself or herself for the sake of declaring a guilty on me.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:11 pm

and the first game dilemma has been presented. BM just did the same thing in another game. “I am a Miller, I might play scummy, if you investigate me and get scum that is why”. I am choosing to believe that in that game…so I must chose to believe it here (for now).

Vollkan you understand now, we have to take everything you say and do and base our judgments on your alignment based on a meta and your reputation. This puts us in a difficult position. Especially if you end up in a lylo situation.

That being said, that has been much conversation (lately) on the board about what you do if you are given a Miller role…so I am interested to see how this plays out. If you are going to claim Miller, the best time to do it is now...
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:18 pm

Post by vollkan »

CKD wrote: Vollkan you understand now, we have to take everything you say and do and base our judgments on your alignment based on a meta and your reputation. This puts us in a difficult position. Especially if you end up in a lylo situation.

That being said, that has been much conversation (lately) on the board about what you do if you are given a Miller role…so I am interested to see how this plays out. If you are going to claim Miller, the best time to do it is now...
Yes, I understand that my claim will (and definitely should) place me under serious scrutiny. But, as I said, I would much prefer that then have a cop wasted.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:20 am

no I understand, but in typical vollkan fashion you look so pro-town it hurts. anyway moving on, there is more than 3 people in this game right?
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Rigel
Rigel
Goon
Rigel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:05 am

Post by Rigel »

A miller claim?...

At least you made the information known to us. If you're town, that's really helpful, and if you're mafia, it's a good play to make. But it's a null tell, really. So, I think my strategy for dealing with this is going to be to just ignore it. At least for the time being.

At any rate,
Random Vote: Cogito Ergo Scum
Show
With great power comes great responsibility.

Knowledge is power.

QED: With great knowledge comes great responsibility.
Cogito Ergo Scum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Mafia Sum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:23 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Scum »

Oman wrote:Sensfan will be absent and has proxyed his vote to Vikingfan.
Hmm.. I'm actually in another game with SensFan too, and he didn't say anything about being inactive there.

Mod: I'd like to proxy my vote onto Vikingfan too, for no particular reason.

@ The miller claim: If you think you're a good NK-candidate, claiming miller is not smart, but then again, a guilty on you would screw things over as well. I claimed miller myself on day 1 once, and I think it's the right play.

Can't say anything about wether this is townish or scummy, though. We'll see.
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:02 am

Post by vikingfan »

hm...we've got two unique situations we don't usually get day one...at least nobody can talk about not having anything to discuss.

Given what CES has said about SensFan, I'm inclined to think there's a role that kidnaps a player for the day. I'm inclined to think it's either a anti-town role or a byproduct of a pro-town role (such as a doctor that protects his target but removes his target in the process) or something else. I find it hard to believe that it's a sole protown role, though, since it's beneficial to the town to have everyone playing If this isn't part of RL (as in no V/LA issues), then it's beneficial to the town to have everyone discussing today since we don't know who will be absent tomorrow.

I'm thinking vollkan makes an excellent vig candidate- the only thing that has me leery is if he's anti-town and has some sort of condition where he kills anyone trying to kill him. Still, it's far enough out there that I think it's worth considering. Thoughts?

I'm not voting yet- with two, and maybe three, votes, my votes are quite powerful and I want to use them wisely.
Pink Puppy
Pink Puppy
Goon
Pink Puppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:24 am

Post by Pink Puppy »

Hi all! I'm glad the game got off to an exciting start already:
vollkan wrote:I am a
miller
I had to look in the wiki to find out more about how the miller role works here. The wiki seems to say the miller is just a townie who turns up guilty upon investigation (and sometimes the townie does not know they are a miller). But a death miller will look guilty even upon lynching.
Many-a-time have I been called unreadable and, given how much I usually post and how aggresive I usually am, I know that makes me a prime candidate for investigation.
I think he'd only be a prime candidate for investigation if his suspicions turn out wrong. If he posts a lot and ends up busting scum, cop probably wouldn't bother, right? If he is scum and intends to frame pro-town peeps, and be aggressive scum, he knows he'll be investigated.

The other factor I needed to consider, obviously, was the likelihood of me being NKed. I reasoned that this was essentially "unjudgable". I figured that ff my suspicions are accurate, the scum might NK me, just as I might be NKed, alternatively, if my suspicions are inaccurate (to cast doubt on my suspects).
Are you eluding to being a death miller? (Like you want us to know now that you are pro-town so if you die and look guilty we will know why?) Or do you just want to dissuade anyone from NKing you?
I would much rather make this declaration now than have a cop needlessly out himself or herself for the sake of declaring a guilty on me.
Good point...

You know, if Vollkan really is a miller, this is probably the best play for him to make now. But I don't see a really good way of dealing with this yet.

So far I just want to see if he really does post a lot and scum-hunt like a champ. If he actively helps find scum, I would tend to believe him. If he helps lynch a townie, I would be more suspicious. (This is not foolproof because townies can lynch townies all the time). But I will say that if Vollkan seems scummy in any other way, or plays a big part in lynching a townie, he becomes prime scum suspect for me.
curiouskarmadog wrote:This puts us in a difficult position. Especially if you end up in a lylo situation.
And I also am uneasy about having him around in lylo.
Cogito Ergo Scum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Mafia Sum

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:45 am

vikingfan wrote:I'm inclined to think there's a role that kidnaps a player for the day. I'm inclined to think it's either a anti-town role or a byproduct of a pro-town role (such as a doctor that protects his target but removes his target in the process) or something else.
Wiki wrote:A normal game does not have to have any other roles other than Mafia and Townies. If it includes other roles, they should mostly be considered standard: Cop, Doc, Vig, Roleblocker, Mason, Traitor, Serial Killer.
Other (new or otherwise) roles can be included. However, there should be no more than 1-2 of these, and they should be based around the usual game mechanics: Killing, Protecting, Investigating, Voting.
vikingfan wrote:only thing that has me leery is if he's anti-town and has some sort of condition where he kills anyone trying to kill him.
Wiki wrote:A normal game does not have to have any other roles other than Mafia and Townies. If it includes other roles, they should mostly be considered standard: Cop, Doc, Vig, Roleblocker, Mason, Traitor, Serial Killer.
Other (new or otherwise) roles can be included. However, there should be no more than 1-2 of these, and they should be based around the usual game mechanics: Killing, Protecting, Investigating, Voting.
Pink Puppy wrote:But a death miller will look guilty even upon lynching.
I don't think it's useful to speculate on weird roles, because 1) They're improbable, 2) The speculation doesn't have any merit either way at this point.
I agree that it'd be better to take out vollkan by means of a vig at some point, if there is one, but rather later than sooner.
Pink Puppy
Pink Puppy
Goon
Pink Puppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:49 am

Post by Pink Puppy »

CES... do you think that means that a miller role can't even be in a normal game? Or just that we shouldn't specualte because it gets so WIFOMish?

And why ddid volkan do this before claiming miller:
vollkan wrote:

Is it significant at all that he voted before claiming?
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:58 am

Post by vikingfan »

Oh, miller roles can be in normal games...I've seen it all the time. But whether it's in THIS game...that's a different question.

The only reason I was speculating about weird roles is because I was trying to see if there was any danger of just having him nightkilled by a vig (assuming we have one). CES, any reason why you'd rather have him live longer rather than sooner? we've all agreed we don't want him in lylo, so I'm curious why you wouldn't rather just off him sooner...
Cogito Ergo Scum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Cogito Ergo Scum
Mafia Sum
Mafia Sum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:59 am

Pink Puppy wrote:CES... do you think that means that a miller role can't even be in a normal game? Or just that we shouldn't specualte because it gets so WIFOMish?
I think it's definitely possible for a miller to be in a normal game. I think it's impossible for a
death
miller to be in a normal game.
Pink Puppy wrote:And why ddid volkan do this before claiming miller:
vollkan wrote:

I was wondering about this too. Any reason you didn't claim immediately, vollkan?

Also, Oman recently wrote an article on 'perfect roles'. I recommend everyone to read it. I'm not really sure what this would mean in regard to vollkan's claim, though.
Pink Puppy
Pink Puppy
Goon
Pink Puppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:13 am

Post by Pink Puppy »

If theres no chance of a death miller in this game, why was he talking about being NKed when explaining why he claimed miller?
vollkan wrote:The other factor I needed to consider, obviously, was the likelihood of me being NKed. I reasoned that this was essentially "unjudgable". I figured that ff my suspicions are accurate, the scum might NK me, just as I might be NKed, alternatively, if my suspicions are inaccurate (to cast doubt on my suspects).
To me it sounds like he does not want to draw the NK. Personally, I think the best thing for a miller to do is draw the NK. I mean, the role is problematic for the town if left alive. Best use for him is draw the NK, and effectively protect everyone else for that night.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:53 am

Post by MafiaSSK »

Wait so wha? WE're all worrying about the miller when we could be hunting the scum?
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:08 am

vote mafiaSSK

too eager to look town...hypocrite comment, with no follow up to actually hunt scum
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:09 am

ugh,
unvote vote mafiaSSK
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE