Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:04 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 296, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Please don’t pull a Fitz.
I'm not, I won't post like that after my first run through of the topic
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Nictis
Nictis
Goon
Nictis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:58 pm

Post by Nictis »

Easter Weekend, been busy. Catching up on thread now.
In post 51, Beefster wrote:Ascetic miller neighbor claim is probably a joke.

VOTE: Nictis

It's a chainsaw defense, but I'll roll with this for now.
I'm afraid I don't know what a chainsaw defense is.
In post 62, RedFlavor wrote:
In post 55, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Nictis is town.
I agree with this, he has few games and his post with checks seem too pure to be scum. If mafla had daychat though, maybe I would think about it different but Im p sure that mafia only has a daychat when there is a encrptor, right?
I should probably mention I have some games on another site. Also, is it usual for roles to subvert the rules on MS?
In post 69, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 32, Nictis wrote:
In post 27, Flavor Leaf wrote:
In post 19, Gamma Emerald wrote:I'm gonna try something: for this I'm gonna lurk out the first irl day or so

Imma make this short and simple.

I'm in a neighborhood with Gamma Emerald. I'm an ascetic miller also. No other info will be given.
Ascetic Miller. That's... Interesting.

So if I'm reading this right and not mixing up terms, you're claiming to come up guilty to investigations, and that anyone who visits you will be roleblocked (Including investigators)
and
you are sharing a chat with someone.

So... Why shouldn't I think you're mafia here?
VOTE: Flavor Leaf

This is projecty and false advertising. I don’t really know what i mean when I say false advertising. But this is it.

VOTE: Nicitis

Basically, they’re saying exactly what is the “right” way of playing, and using it in terms of pushing without taking in facts otherwise.

I’m not strong on this, and I’ll likely change my mind next page, but I want to see where it goes. I need a better sense of who Nic is before I go too hard.
This isn't projecting, this is me asking why I shouldn't consider you to be mafia when you say you are sharing a chat, will come up guilty to investigators, and that you shouldn't be visited. I never said anything about the 'Right' way to play mafia, I said I found your claim to be bullshit and gave you a line to respond. You making up things and claiming that is what I said isn't exactly making me more inclined to think you're Town.
In post 76, Flavor Leaf wrote:Ah man, PINE! Haven’t seen that name in a while. You were in one of my favorite games on site years ago. I even based my last 21p large off that triple neighborhood game Aegor setup.

Just putting it out there, the Boon babes out there already know I do this crap as town to better my own reads.

I had a two and a half year undefeated scum streak, I know how to play scum.

This isn’t playing right as a scum case on me generally means BoonTown.
Forgive me for my skepticism, but I'm not planning on taking the point 'I am too good at scum for you to find me' as a point towards you being Town.
In post 157, Pine wrote:Imma just vig the whole neighborhood, mmkay?
In post 160, Pine wrote:
Day kill: Inferno

I'm as serious as a head wound.
In post 164, Pine wrote:So what's the flip? Impatient.
In post 168, Pine wrote:
In post 166, Inferno390 wrote:It's literally going to be Town Neighbor. Can y'all lynch Pine for me? Thanks.
Oh well. I have a lot on my plate at the moment anyways, so it's not all bad.

P-edit: Day SK perhaps?
Ah, oh well. This is what I was fishing for. Daykill is fake.

Maintaining claim is NAI. Was hoping inferno was inexperienced enough to be cop to being scum.
... Fuck you. I have a general Towny feeling from you right now, but still.

I'm probably going to have to read through everything after page 7 again later. I feel like I didn't draw anything out of that and there is definitely stuff to look at.
In post 190, Firebringer wrote:
In post 187, Theta Alpine wrote:if you two could have an argument and actually make statements supporting your conclusions that would be nice and helpful and alignment indicative
Mafia isn’t science
looks at game title
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:13 pm

Post by profii »

I’ve been in a few games recently with Flavour Leaf and he has done this whole “I’m too good at scum” drama

I think in most of the games it ended up in him getting mislynched. Weirdly I have seen him say multiple times that he has only been mislynched as town a minority of times which I think was more AtE than fact given I’ve already seen it happen multiple times in my relatively short time on this site

So I’m giving him a chance here. I guess his gambit is make himself so untrustable he gets himself copped and has the luxury of being conf town until scum decide we can’t have a conf town in the game.

Idk but overall if you are intentionally putting yourself in the position of “you are all so unsure of me you need to cop me” then I am guessing town

But idk because that is the weirdest claim
Nictis
Nictis
Goon
Nictis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:24 pm

Post by Nictis »

In post 302, profii wrote: So I’m giving him a chance here. I guess his gambit is make himself so untrustable he gets himself copped and has the luxury of being conf town until scum decide we can’t have a conf town in the game.

Idk but overall if you are intentionally putting yourself in the position of “you are all so unsure of me you need to cop me” then I am guessing town

Eh, even if it is just a joke claim (Which I hear he does on a regular basis) it's one that makes it a bit more unlikely for him to get copped. Plenty of other people for the cop to check instead of the guy who's saying he can't be investigated or will turn up guilty if he is.

Right now I mostly don't like how he claimed that I was saying something I never did.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:54 pm

Post by Pine »

General announcement

We seem to have a lot of newbies and lowbies in this game. As such, it is less likely that someone with Cop experience got the investigative role.

GENERAL COP STRATEGY:

-Do not investigate your Townreads. Most of the time you're right, and you've wasted your investigation. Even if it comes up guilty, people are wired to trust their instincts, and you will doubt your result, concocting worries of Millers, Framers, and what have you. Avoid your Townreads, it's likely a wasted investigation.
-Do not investigate your scumreads. Again, a guilty result is just going to confirm what you already believe. Lunch your reads, don't waste the Town's most valuable action on them. And don't give me bullshit about needing to confirm they weren't Town after all, your reads need to be better than that.
-Do not investigate people likely to be lynched, regardless of your read. If you can't sway the vote off of them without hardclaiming your innocent and revealing your role, it's not worth it.
-DO investigate people you can't read. Investigate lurkers. Investigate nulls. Investigate the ones who have evidence in both directions. Turning an unknown into a known is your primary job.
-DO breadcrumb your results. When you die, we're going to look for them.
-This advice may be easily adapted for Trackers and other more obscure investigators.
-If you are a Watcher, disregard all of this. Your role is different. Watch claimed PRs. Watch softed PRs. Watch people who are influential. And DON'T jump to conclusions.
-Vigilantes operate under similar parameters, but I prefer to target suspected lurking scum and those I have a strong read on but can't get lynched. There's lots of Vig strategies, I should read up.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:58 pm

Post by Pine »

@Nictis a chainsaw defense is when one's scumbuddy attacks the person accusing their partner.

A and B are scum. C calls A scummy. B attacks C.

This is fairly basic Mafia theory. I don't mean to insult, but have you been to the Newbie forum? There are lots of helpful people there who will guide you through your first games. I'd do so, but this isn't the game for it. I'm only educating incidentally out of a desire to win.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:15 pm

Post by Firebringer »

Vigis should almost always shoot lurkers.
Especially scummy lurkers.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:17 pm

Post by Firebringer »

Pine thinks I’m lying
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:20 pm

Post by Pine »

In post 307, Firebringer wrote:Pine thinks I’m lying
Or a noob

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:22 pm

Post by Firebringer »

Well ur definitely right about one of those
Show

Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:31 pm

Post by Nosferatu »

In post 298, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:No enthusiasm. No desire or interest in anything unless its to correct someone.
you got that right
BRASIL BRASIL BRASIL BRRRRR
last.fm
gtkas
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:32 pm

Post by Firebringer »

Nos and I should form a band
Show

Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:35 pm

Post by Nosferatu »

what would we call it?
last.fm
gtkas
Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:37 pm

Post by Nosferatu »

waiting for egg to get back is killing me
last.fm
gtkas
Nictis
Nictis
Goon
Nictis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:52 pm

Post by Nictis »

In post 305, Pine wrote:@Nictis a chainsaw defense is when one's scumbuddy attacks the person accusing their partner.

A and B are scum. C calls A scummy. B attacks C.

This is fairly basic Mafia theory. I don't mean to insult, but have you been to the Newbie forum? There are lots of helpful people there who will guide you through your first games. I'd do so, but this isn't the game for it. I'm only educating incidentally out of a desire to win.
Ah, didn't recognize the term used. Knew the idea, not the name.

I got lynched for asking questions in my first Newbie game, and I don't really remember the second game. I think that was when I had some IRL issues and it was just less important.
profii
profii
Jack of All Trades
profii
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:53 pm

Post by profii »

In post 303, Nictis wrote:
In post 302, profii wrote: So I’m giving him a chance here. I guess his gambit is make himself so untrustable he gets himself copped and has the luxury of being conf town until scum decide we can’t have a conf town in the game.

Eh, even if it is just a joke claim (Which I hear he does on a regular basis) it's one that makes it a bit more unlikely for him to get copped. Plenty of other people for the cop to check instead of the guy who's saying he can't be investigated or will turn up guilty if he is.

Right now I mostly don't like how he claimed that I was saying something I never did.
yea the last sentence of my post is me agreeing with all of your post

I get to a point where I think if I keep lynching FLs fake claims then it beccomes
Policy: stop FL being an idiot

It’s the particular role that really bugs me on this one but I want to leave him alone, it’s like a scab you’re not supposed to pick !
RedFlavor
RedFlavor
Mafia Scum
RedFlavor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:12 pm

Post by RedFlavor »

In post 313, Nosferatu wrote:waiting for egg to get back is killing me
Why are you waiting him?
"
Everytime RedFlavor posts, gods toss a coin.
" -chesskid3
RedFlavor
RedFlavor
Mafia Scum
RedFlavor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:26 pm

Post by RedFlavor »

In post 40, northsidegal wrote:i have something to say but i'm waiting to say it.
What is it?
"
" -chesskid3
RedFlavor
RedFlavor
Mafia Scum
RedFlavor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:36 pm

Post by RedFlavor »

I soulread NSG as town

She did the same thing in tit for tat
"
" -chesskid3
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: With the Flying Pumpkin That Shoots Laser Beams Out Of It's Ass

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:46 am

Post by Inferno390 »

In post 40, northsidegal wrote:i have something to say but i'm waiting to say it.
I could low-key swear that this is a PR softclaim.

Also, Egg won't be here today. He's hiding, so someone will have to find him first. :D
"Do I have permission to....refute some of the bs that Inferno just spewed out?"--TywinL

“Does anyone know if Inferno is prone to going of on huge tangents of twisted logic regarding basically alignment neutral posting? Asking for a friend ...”—MagnaofIllusion

Inferno390 GTKAS

Mafiascum Moderator Society
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Sun Apr 01, 2018 3:31 am

Post by Egg »

Boon, I feel like TwoInAMillion is ignoring everything else just to come in and occasionally remind us that you are scum though. Like isn't there something else he could be doing?
Pine wrote: Yeah Imma pass on those Egg questions. Dude is in hardcore confirmation bias.

Protip: Don't make a snap judgment then view all new evidence through the lens of the old assumption.
What the fuck? I didn't vote you because I don't have a strong read on you. I asked questions that will help me understand your logic and if you are town will also help me read the players I asked you about. I don't see how you got the impression of confirmation bias out of that. I'd also still like those answers.

Nosferatu, read my post. I don't like his focus on Boon and nothing else. The vote itself felt opportunistic and fake and all he's done is harp on that.
Pine wrote: Nah, Egg's fine. He's hunting, he's just sucking at it.
Why don't we wait for flips before we tell each other we suck, ok? I came across a quote yesterday that said "If I'm wrong, don't belittle me. Educate me." So, talk to me about TwoInAMillion. Why exactly is he town because I didn't understand how you came to that conclusion the first time.

Archwings, nah you're good. It was bound to get brought up anyway and I'm not sure we were gonna get very many more useful reactions.

Nictis, have you played with Flavor Leaf before?

Yeah, figured I'd join UC Voyager in hiding lol. No, really though, I'm gonna be away for a good chunk of this week. Today is Easter. I work tomorrow and Tuesday, both 16 hour days. My wife is off wed/thurs which means I don't get a chance to sit down and catch up more often than not. I'd declare an official V/LA but I don't even know when I'm gonna be catching up.
Inferno wrote: I could low-key swear that this is a PR softclaim.
I'm pretty positive it's not, but in the future please keep comments like this to yourself if you are town. There is no reason to help scum find power roles. (Also why the fuck did my phone think I was trying to type "I'm pregnant" and not "I'm pretty positive"?)
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:09 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 315, profii wrote:
In post 303, Nictis wrote:

yea the last sentence of my post is me agreeing with all of your post

I get to a point where I think if I keep lynching FLs fake claims then it beccomes
Policy: stop FL being an idiot

It’s the particular role that really bugs me on this one but I want to leave him alone, it’s like a scab you’re not supposed to pick !
I s2g you guys are all out of your gourds. I know why he claimed it and it was to poke fun at me. Stop obsessing over a meme.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Assemblerotws
Assemblerotws
Goon
Assemblerotws
Goon
Goon

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:12 am

Post by Assemblerotws »

Vote Count 1.05

Not Voting [6]:
PeregrineV, UC Voyager, Archwing, Luca Blight, Firebringer, TwoInAMillion
Flavor Leaf [3]:
Nictis, Flubbernugget, Pine
Nictis [2]:
northsidegal, Beefster
Pine [2]:
Flavor Leaf, Gamma Emerald
TwoInAMillion [2]:
Inferno390, Egg
Nosferatu [2]:
RedFlavor, Lil Uzi Vert
Gamma Emerald [1]:
profii
UC Voyager [1]:
Nosferatu
Beefster [1]:
Theta Alpine

With
alive, it takes
to lynch. At deadline, Flavor Leaf would be lynched.

Day ends in (expired on 2018-04-12 21:00:00) on
April 12, 2018

Mod notes: northsidegal has been prodded.
Show
Check my wiki for my meta.
"Yeah, when I see an intelligent paragraph, I'll know it's Assemble" -Jay
"I thought Assembler was quite good. I was surprised he was the NK because he's often in the lynch pool, but tunnelling scum will do that to your life expectancy!" -ffery
"assemble GOAT mod" -Mulch
"Anyone who plays with assemble knows silence is NAI" -Maki
Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: With the Flying Pumpkin That Shoots Laser Beams Out Of It's Ass

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:36 am

Post by Inferno390 »

Okay, so Leaf said in the hood that he pushed me as scum in the neighborhood chat by POE. Given the meaning I've been given, it seems highly sus.
"Do I have permission to....refute some of the bs that Inferno just spewed out?"--TywinL

“Does anyone know if Inferno is prone to going of on huge tangents of twisted logic regarding basically alignment neutral posting? Asking for a friend ...”—MagnaofIllusion

Inferno390 GTKAS

Mafiascum Moderator Society
TwoInAMillion
TwoInAMillion
Mafia Scum
TwoInAMillion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:53 am

Post by TwoInAMillion »

Sometimes it takes me awhile to get into a flow of a game. I'm not very good at faking it. The neighborhood seems to be the elephant in the room right now, as well as Flavor's fakeclaim.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”