Mathblade
Aronis
Gamma Emerald, and
Yuurei
NicoRobin
Vaxkiller
Brian Skies
Lady Angel
Why limit lynching to only the day? You are avid vigilantes, and feel like it's a waste for only one person to hang. As such, among your own private council, you can make another!

Please refer to the below for the full nature of the Lynch Mob Mechanic.
These mechanics are very important for you to study.

Lynch Mob Mechanics
  • All of the below information is mod-guaranteed to be 100% accurate.
  • The players with initial access to this private topic were semi-randomly selected before all aspects of the game. (Semi-random, because of the below.)
  • At least one member of the original three lynch mob members is
    guaranteed to be human
  • No werewolf, not even a werewolf who would appear for all intents and purposes to be human, classifies as human.
    Werewolves are not human.
    Thus, you know this initial PT composition cannot be made up entirely of werewolves.
  • If no living member of the Lynch Mob is human, the Lynch Mob PT will cease functioning. (Refer to above; werewolves are never human.) This will be announced in this topic during the beginning of the night phase, and the topic will remain locked.
  • This topic is
    Night-talk only
    ; it will remain locked during the day phase. It will be unlocked during
    pregame
    as well.
  • NIGHT-LYNCHING MECHANICS:
    • Lynch Mob members may Vote for a player. This is done using VOTE: vote tags or
      a bolded 'Vote:'
      , as per normal voting mechanics.
    • If the Lynch Mob
      UNANIMOUSLY
      votes for a player (2/2, 3/3, 4/4, 5/5), that player is night-lynched.
    • This night-lynch functions as a group-nightkill/group-vig: all members of the Lynch Mob visit the lynchee and the lynch CAN be prevented by any non-roleblocking interference.
    • Because all members visit, the kill cannot be roleblocked unless every member is roleblocked. Similarly, the kill cannot be redirected by a redirector targeting a member of the lynch mob (though other redirection roles are fair game).
    • The flavor of this group-nightkill is 'Lynched'.
    • Regardless of whether the last member of the Lynch Mob is human or not, the Lynch Mob cannot Night-Lynch a player with only one member of the Lynch Mob left alive.
    • Regardless of circumstances, the Lynch Mob may not
      Night
      -Lynch a fellow member of the Lynch Mob. (During the day phase you're more than free to vote/lynch one another.)
  • If not lynching, members of the Lynch Mob may recruit a player to become a new member of the Lynch Mob. This is done with a
    bolded recruit
    vote. Does not need to be unanimous, but DOES need a majority (51%--1/1, 2/2, 2/3, 3/3, 3/4, or 4/4). This may only be done twice in the game. You may thus potentially expand membership up to five members, but no more.
Spoiler: Users With Access:
  • mastina (game moderator)
  • Jingle (game backup moderator)
  • SirCakez (setup reviewer)
  • Ircher (setup reviewer)
  • Mathblade (Founding member)
  • Aronis
    Gamma Emerald (Founding member)
  • Yuurei
    NicoRobin
    Vaxkiller
    Brian Skies
    Lady Angel (Founding member)
  • Creature (recruit)
Last edited by mastina on Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:03 am, edited 13 times in total.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2018 10:54 am

Post by mastina »

PLEASE NOTE:
You are allowed to directly copy your own content from this thread into another
if it has no quote tags
You are NOT allowed to directly copy the content from another player in this thread into another; you must paraphrase.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2018 11:56 am

Post by mastina »

Please note that this topic will be closed upon the start of D1.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2018 1:03 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Will catch up on this later. Out with friends.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Yuurei
Yuurei
Goon
Yuurei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2018 1:12 pm

Post by Yuurei »

i guess it's not a good idea to reveal this group to the rest of town for now?

i'm new here so i don't understand much these mechanics...

i'll give my opinions however i'm afraid of choosing the wrong person to lynch here and mess up town

i'm quite inclined to let you two choose it to be honest...
Aronis
Aronis
Just here for the Pagetop!
Aronis

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2018 2:38 pm

Post by Aronis »

Hi! Are you guys town?
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sat May 26, 2018 7:01 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 4, Yuurei wrote:i guess it's not a good idea to reveal this group to the rest of town for now?

i'm new here so i don't understand much these mechanics...

i'll give my opinions however i'm afraid of choosing the wrong person to lynch here and mess up town

i'm quite inclined to let you two choose it to be honest...
We need to sort each other quickly to determine if we can leverage this as a masonry or not.

And if we can use this as a masonry then tonight based on the gamestate we determine if there is like an obvTown member we should add or if there is an obvScum we should vig.

The jist of all those words are is at least one of us three is town. I know I am town but need to sort you two. As a group if unified we can kill and all of us must be blocked to stop it. However it takes a majority to add a new member.

I do not like Y’s sit back and you tell me approach.

Your join date is today but you’re clearly experienced enough to know how to join a theme game. I don’t believe in alt hunting/outing so I won’t ask about you, however since you seem experienced in Mafia I will read you as such. Do you disagree?

Aronis Imho will sort himself on day one rather easily.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Yuurei
Yuurei
Goon
Yuurei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2018 3:04 am

Post by Yuurei »

i'm okay with being read as such (i've played 3 games in my home website), however what i mean is that you shouldn't expect too much from me i guess?

i have a plan on what to do in night 1 here but it's not a good idea to reveal it now so i'll wait
Yuurei
Yuurei
Goon
Yuurei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2018 3:14 am

Post by Yuurei »

In post 6, MathBlade wrote: Your join date is today but you’re clearly experienced enough to know how to join a theme game.
is there a difference in theme games to other games? i wanted to play one because it has a lot of people and it seems fun but should i rather not?
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2018 3:56 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 7, Yuurei wrote:i'm okay with being read as such (i've played 3 games in my home website), however what i mean is that you shouldn't expect too much from me i guess?

i have a plan on what to do in night 1 here but it's not a good idea to reveal it now so i'll wait
I tend to agree if you have a plan to hold it back so scum can’t counter.
With experienced players I expect more to know what a power role is, what a plurality lynch is, and some common actions around that.

Specific roles and modifiers can be found here if you ever get confused about a MafiaScum role. There are some subtle differences between sites so I would check it should something come up.
https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Main_Page

With experienced players even if you don’t 100% understand the mechanics in front of you I do expect reads of some sort from you. Mechanics wise there are ways to bring people up to speed, however I will not accept you being silent on all reads because of your release date because “experienced”.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2018 4:01 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 8, Yuurei wrote:
In post 6, MathBlade wrote: Your join date is today but you’re clearly experienced enough to know how to join a theme game.
is there a difference in theme games to other games? i wanted to play one because it has a lot of people and it seems fun but should i rather not?
Mastina games are almost certainly hella fun!
I did not mean to imply otherwise.

It’s just theme games are similar to Manual Games on Mafia Universe or on sc2 anonymous complicated ones.
By all means do join, but mechanics will likely play a role in it.

I asked that question to see how you took to being doubted or questioned and I like the reaction you gave.

I am also thinking that when day opens or a little before we crumb we are neighbors. That way if it comes up later we can explain it.

@Yuurei A crumb is when you leave a small bit behind that strongly indicates you are a given role. For example Masons might quote a buddy’s post and start or end every word with mason.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Yuurei
Yuurei
Goon
Yuurei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2018 4:18 am

Post by Yuurei »

i did read a lot the mafia wiki/old games before signing up here so i think i'll be fine with most power role names or acronyms used

masons are a sort of town-sided cult that has confirmation about their partners alignment correct? since we don't know if everyone here is part of town or a werewolf you're implying that is better to treat this as a neighborhood, that if i'm not wrong, is a group or duo of players that can talk in a private topic however doesn't has confirmation about each other alignment?

well, if what i said is correct, i guess that the "lynch mob" looks more like a neighborhood with special abilities than a masonry, therefore is better to do what you said i imagine?

i don't know if my "crumb" will be good or not though
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2018 4:23 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 11, Yuurei wrote:i did read a lot the mafia wiki/old games before signing up here so i think i'll be fine with most power role names or acronyms used

masons are a sort of town-sided cult that has confirmation about their partners alignment correct? since we don't know if everyone here is part of town or a werewolf you're implying that is better to treat this as a neighborhood, that if i'm not wrong, is a group or duo of players that can talk in a private topic however doesn't has confirmation about each other alignment?

well, if what i said is correct, i guess that the "lynch mob" looks more like a neighborhood with special abilities than a masonry, therefore is better to do what you said i imagine?

i don't know if my "crumb" will be good or not though
Masons are not a cult.

They are a group of people who are moderator confirmed to be town and have some sort of chat access.
They can recruit (similar to a cult) only if one of the masons abilities allows it.

I am saying that yes, it’s better to treat this as a hood with potential scum unless we all unanimously agree that there are no scum in it. If we get to a point where everyone in the hood agrees there is no scum then we can treat it like a masonry.

We can talk about crumbing here before day start. It’s geberally a common word phrase or idea.
It’s more we need to sort each other fast and the fact we don’t have day talk to do that is ugh :/
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Yuurei
Yuurei
Goon
Yuurei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2018 4:25 am

Post by Yuurei »

okay, i think i understood.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2018 4:26 am

Post by MathBlade »

(There is such a thing as scum masons on most sites however prevailing site meta is masons are town. So don’t suggest scum masons especially in a Mastina game. I have seen scum masons but it’s incredibly rare.)

Also your vote will disappear at game start. Votes are more symbolic in pregame. I plan on just revoting TGP at open barring any major issues.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2018 4:28 am

Post by MathBlade »

So mainly we need Aronis to show up and agree to crumbing or talk more so we can figure out what we are doing before enough people approve.

Temporary plan if he doesn’t is to quote one of our posts and mention a food product and we three way circle it.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Aronis
Aronis
Aronis

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2018 4:36 am

Post by Aronis »

If you get lost, just sheep me, Yuurei.

I'm town this game math, dw, you'll see that in like three posts

Adding someone to the group is a dumb idea, we should vigkill night 1

I'll do a great job crumbing something, I'm generally great at it
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2018 4:39 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 16, Aronis wrote:If you get lost, just sheep me, Yuurei.

I am not concerned about your crumbing skills as generally you’re good at that as either alignment.
I am more concerned with Yuurei. If Yuurei is truthful about being new to the site (I see no reason to lie about that) then Yuurei may not be able to crumb as easy.

@Yuurei your pronoun field is not set. May I ask if you are a he? She? They? E? Something else?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2018 4:41 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 16, Aronis wrote:If you get lost, just sheep me, Yuurei.

I want to discuss what we do on night open.

A vig kill requires unanimous agreement and if there is scum in the hood I doubt they kill one of their own.

Generally you are pretty quick to sort but sometimes I do need the day.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Yuurei
Yuurei
Goon
Yuurei
Goon
Goon

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2018 4:49 am

Post by Yuurei »

In post 17, MathBlade wrote: @Yuurei your pronoun field is not set. May I ask if you are a he? She? They? E? Something else?
you can use what you prefer, although selfish of me it's quite fun to see people guessing my gender

in regards to the crumbs, i'll silently watch first what you guys are doing and will follow suit later

in regards to what do in night 1, i suppose it's better to leave it to later? we'll have time to discuss at the appropriate time anyway i imagine?
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2018 4:57 am

Post by MathBlade »

I am glad you find it fun, to each their own. However I ask that you please use he for all of my pronouns please.

I agree with Yuurei and leaving which action to later tonight.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Aronis
Aronis
Aronis

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2018 5:12 am

Post by Aronis »

Mastina wouldn't put scum in a vig hood. Her games are townsided af.

Do we even need yuurei you crumb? Like if we do it right, it may be unnecessary to have yuurei's involvement as long as we insinuate their participation in the group
Aronis
Aronis
Aronis

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2018 5:15 am

Post by Aronis »

What am I supposed to answer to the food question? Idgi

Also why can't we have daytalk.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2018 5:21 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 22, Aronis wrote:What am I supposed to answer to the food question? Idgi

Also why can't we have daytalk.
In the last Mastina game you asked random questions about different people that seemed to have no connected purpose. If all of us have a post related to food with each other then later it’s traceable back to us being in the hood.

Because Mastina says so.

And to your other point, assuming we are an all town masonry then scum would have to have a global roleblock to stop our vig or at least multiple ones. I have seen that before in theme games where scum do have a limited global roleblock. It’s worth considering but I am not quite so sure I want to take that leap to masonry. I want time to make sure this hood is good.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Aronis
Aronis
Aronis

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Sun May 27, 2018 5:29 am

Post by Aronis »

I just gave the perfect answer to your food question. Just wait until i explain this

Return to “Completed Game Topics”