Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1775 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:56 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 1773, MichelSableheart wrote:confirmed town, as a scum PGO would use it's role to lure in powerroles, rather then claim it in the first post and likely be lynched over it.
not a thing btw
"Ima need to buy at least Josh a fucking tarot card reading because this dude is scary at picking up on scum before they even post what the fuck type of Ms. Cleo ass psychic ass mothafucka did yall allow to sign up for this site"
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1776 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:30 am

Post by Ginngie »

The beautiful thing is that that post is either a genuine case or a hardcore bus

Either way clap clap lol
Shoutout to PJ and Nahdia for making my amazing new avi :)

Following the previous dozen pages that cropped up in the last 10 hours I would like to congratulate Ginngie for being drunk with distinction. - Vi
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1777 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:30 am

Post by Ginngie »

VOTE: Old Man

I fuck with this rn

Following the previous dozen pages that cropped up in the last 10 hours I would like to congratulate Ginngie for being drunk with distinction. - Vi
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1778 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:13 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

eeeeeeeh
"Ima need to buy at least Josh a fucking tarot card reading because this dude is scary at picking up on scum before they even post what the fuck type of Ms. Cleo ass psychic ass mothafucka did yall allow to sign up for this site"
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1779 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 4:17 am

Post by Ginngie »

I’m just leaning more and more that it was theatrics given set up of the game

Everything is unlimited

MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1780 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:58 am

Post by MichelSableheart »

In post 1775, Eddie Cane wrote:
In post 1773, MichelSableheart wrote:confirmed town, as a scum PGO would use it's role to lure in powerroles, rather then claim it in the first post and likely be lynched over it.
not a thing btw
Since I'm the one making the suggestion, I assumed my readers would have the heaviest possible scepticism regarding the trustability of the PGO. Feel free to read "Furthermore, I would be confirmed as a PGO, and therefore confirmed town" if you prefer, it doesn't change the basic argument.

No thoughts on the plan as a whole?
In post 1776, Ginngie wrote:The beautiful thing is that that post is either a genuine case or a hardcore bus

Either way clap clap lol
Keep in mind that if it is a bus, I would also need to have a way to win after lynching Old Man and being blocked by Momrangal tonight.

Not ready to vote yet, as I would like to hear thoughts on my suggestion of Momrangal blocking me tonight first.
There is no 'a' in Michel.
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #1781 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:31 am

Post by Kison »

Assuming you're right on Old Man, who do you think is the most likely second scum?
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1782 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:49 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

I'm thinking about it, hence the unvote. it's kinda shit tho. more later
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #1783 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:22 pm

Post by Korts »

Old Man and Momrangal have been prodded.
scumchat never die
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1784 (ISO) » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:52 pm

In post 1781, Kison wrote:Assuming you're right on Old Man, who do you think is the most likely second scum?
When you asked me that question, I found it difficult to make a choice between Momrangal and Eddie. Momrangal because the roleblocker seemed a bit overkill for townpower, plus the way the rofl lynch went down. Eddie was a combination of gut, his voting my slot despite claiming to prefer modkill, and the fact that scum were happy to kill stronger players, yet he was still alive.

So I decided to reread through my notes, doublechecking interesting details in the thread. This method suffers a bit from confirmation bias, in that I'm more likely to notice things from those I suspect. I did spot two interesting things worth mentioning though:
  • The first three nightkills all expressed suspicion of Eddie at the end of the day before they died (Hito in #912 and to a lesser extend #915; Magna in #1462; OTM in #1526, #1537, #1544 and #1545)
  • Both Old Man (#94) and Tywin (#99) came to Eddie's defense with regards to the early bandwagon.
Main suspect for Old Man scumpartner is Eddie, though I wouldn't be surprised if it would turn out to be Momrangal. Hence why I prefer to have Mom target me tonight to help choose between the two.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1785 (ISO) » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:18 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

Magna townread me and OTM is a useless player I'd never shoot lmao
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1786 (ISO) » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:19 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 1777, Ginngie wrote:VOTE: Old Man

I fuck with this rn
I think it's still Mara and New Guy fam
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1787 (ISO) » Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:06 am

In post 1785, Eddie Cane wrote:Magna townread me and OTM is a useless player I'd never shoot lmao
Regarding Magna: #1426 probably would have been a better example. But I read the second sentence of this quote:
In post 1462, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Frankly I'm at the point where like Radiant and Math I'm happy to draw my read on you indirectly because I'm not really interested in working with someone who clearly thinks he's much better at Mafia than me and is "appalled" at my play even if I think they are Town.

And I'm clearly not there with you given that you were a solid scum read for Hito and in a world where Lycan is Town you make tons of sense for the reason he's pushing up daisies.
as "I'm not at the previously mentioned point regarding my opinion of you", or to summarize the entire post: "even if I would think you're town [...] which I don't".

Regarding OTM: That's why his nightkill was surprising to me. It didn't fit the pattern of scum killing strong pro-town players, but with 3 explicit (Old Man, kison, pine) and 1 implicit (firebringer/momrangal) powerrole claims, it doesn't fit powerrole hunting from scum either. The best explanation for his nightkill would be if his posting spree from #1526 - #1545 was pretty close to the mark.
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1788 (ISO) » Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:24 pm

kison, ginngie, while we wait for Old Man and Momrangal to post, do you have any thoughts regarding the proposal of Momrangal blocking me tonight?
Kison
Kison
.GIFted
Kison
.GIFted
.GIFted

Post Post #1789 (ISO) » Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:57 am

Post by Kison »

It makes sense to me, but I'd like to think it through in some detail this weekend when I have a spare uninterrupted hour.

I'm also concerned with making the right lynch today, though, otherwise none of it matters. At this moment I'm leaning towards Old Man taking the rope, for a number of reasons.
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1790 (ISO) » Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:13 am

Post by Ginngie »

there's a lot of if's playing in my head rn that don't make me comfortable and gotta roll through my head

two things I think of is gating the roleblock shot if we lynch wrong securing the last kill

then the scenario where both ya'll are together and you aren't PGO or something.

just thinking if we do lynch correctly(if outside of you two involved)

thats what
1v4
mom and someone else dead 1v2 if mom!town

or mom V. you MyLo with two random townies

I think I'm for it

unless you want to waste a day of MyLo where we no lynch if Mom is lying or new guy lying and then LyLo

Old Man
Old Man
Townie
Old Man
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1791 (ISO) » Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:25 am

Post by Old Man »

So, the scum have shown their hand. Rayfrostslot may just as well claim scum to me with that vote, as well as with Ginggie. The answer is clear.

I appreciate Rayfrost replacement's enthusiasm in playing the game and moving his wincon forward, but unfortunately I cannot say that I share his enthusiasm to rebut his joke of a "case" that he has made on me. Clearly, he is scum backed into a corner and has to retaliate by launching a Hail-Mary push onto me, otherwise he loses the game completely once he is lynched. They are certainly rather close to winning, so I appreciate his point of view in this matter.

My comment is this: It is obvious to assess who is scum here, pick between the most pro-town player in the game who has made strong pushes and efforts to lynch the only exposed scum in the game so far, and is also a proven, cleared, Power Role; or pick the playerslot which has a consistent pattern of scummy behavior the entire game (see: Cooldog and Rayfrost), with an unprovable and pro-scum role claim.

My vote is already on Rayfrost and his slot. I do not have to move my vote further.
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1792 (ISO) » Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:46 am

Post by Ginngie »

I’m scum because i voted you

Never heard of that before >_>

Also you didn’t address any set up spec like at all lmai

Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1793 (ISO) » Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:49 am

Post by Ginngie »

Also i see you’re making statements AT a crowd rather than to a people directly

You’re sticking to a narrative and pushing that and ignoring whatever else is said because that isn’t a winning move

Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1794 (ISO) » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:10 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

I'm working 14 hour days I'll make time soon but can yall not be dumbasses lmao
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1795 (ISO) » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:10 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

that's @ ginngie and kisom
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1796 (ISO) » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:12 am

Post by Ginngie »

given my track record I can only give you a college try

MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1797 (ISO) » Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:48 pm

Ginngie wrote:two things I think of is gating the roleblock shot if we lynch wrong securing the last kill

then the scenario where both ya'll are together and you aren't PGO or something.
It's only a good option if we lynch scum today, agreed. If we don't lynch scum today, our only hope is that Momrangal is town and can succesfully block, so in that situation, she can do whatever.

and yeah, a Mom-me pairing is indeed the biggest weakness of the plan, a possibility you will need to take into consideration.

---

@Old Man: if there is an obv pro-town proven powerrole in the game, it's kison. He has shown knowledge of information that scum couldn't know, by correctly tracking rofl. And even him I wouldn't call fully cleared.

The one investigation your role has given us was information that scum would also know. There's no way that knowing that info proves to us that you're not scum. Particularly because you're showing the hallmark behaviour of scum trying to take the credit for a succesful bus.

As for my predecessor's play: in post #1338, shortly after replacing in, RayFrost explained that he would be minimally present as he didn't really have motivation to play mafia. He proceeded to be continually inactive from there. It's not pro-town play, but all it shows is that he had no motivation to play his role. Which is completely consistent with being a claimed PGO and seeing that on page 2 it was decided that he would be mislynched eventually. CoolDog was somewhat more active, but he was also in a state of perpetual catchup, implying not enough time to actually play the game, for which he was eventually replaced. If you want to argue their behaviour was scummy, you'll have to do better then what you've given us thus far.

As for my role being unprovable: in #1773 I suggested a way to prove it.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1798 (ISO) » Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:00 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

mechanics: we lose if old man is town and we lynch him for "the plan", disregarding Mara being both town and successfully rbing. that goes without saying, but old man is a TR and I really don't love how quickly someone subbed into lylo and gave a crap case and the thread shifted completely. I concede its possible he's scum, especially due to him being still alive despite being a strongish PR that also is one of the few players not being horse shit (not that his play is great), and if we hit a partner and I'm still alive I'll consider it, but there's no chance I'm voting him today without something damn better than whats been stated. especially with my being stated as the partner. the suggestion entirely hedges on hitting scum today and I don't get why that's being treated like a given.

If you really want to test roles, I say we no lynch and have Mara roleblock Michael. We lose if they're both town, but somehow I doubt that's the case. Old Man can also act tonight, so if Michael's as confident as he says then we could have Old Man target him instead of Mara. This should satisfy his Old Man issues and satisfy my Michael issues. I'd rather Mara, but if people think Old Man / Eddie (or Ginngie or Kison) is a possibility das fine.
Eddie Cane
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Eddie Cane
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1799 (ISO) » Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:16 am

Post by Eddie Cane »

In post 1731, Kison wrote:- Eddie is scum blocker, Ginngie town blocked it.
Don't think that's how NRG works, would have still gone through I believe btw.
In post 1749, Ginngie wrote:Rayfrost imma be honest, is probs scum with the double flake scum tell
yet you're lynching Old Man
In post 1756, Korts wrote:
RayFrost has not posted
despite picking up his prod
, and has been prodded again.
the important line
In post 1784, MichelSableheart wrote:his voting my slot despite claiming to prefer modkill
unvoting changes nothing, playing around modkills is a bad guy move
In post 1784, MichelSableheart wrote:and the fact that scum were happy to kill stronger players, yet he was still alive.
thank you :)
In post 1784, MichelSableheart wrote:The first three nightkills all expressed suspicion of Eddie at the end of the day before they died (Hito in #912 and to a lesser extend #915; Magna in #1462; OTM in #1526, #1537, #1544 and #1545)
Hito's hesitations on me were shrinking and I was not in his top pushes, and speaking of Lycan we went over this D2 and D3. Magna explicitly said he townread me, you quoted him threatening to PL me despite me being a TR if I kept up being a better player than him. OTM, sure.
In post 1784, MichelSableheart wrote:Both Old Man (#94) and Tywin (#99) came to Eddie's defense with regards to the early bandwagon.
and one flipped scum, but okay.
In post 1787, MichelSableheart wrote:And I'm clearly not there with you given that you were a solid scum read for Hito and
in a world where Lycan is Town
you make tons of sense for the reason he's pushing up daisies.
too bad we weren't in that world because unlike most of the thread I know how to play a game of mafia. I would make a ton of sense if Lycan was town, I had just super hard pushed a cop claim lmao
In post 1787, MichelSableheart wrote:Regarding OTM: That's why his nightkill was surprising to me. It didn't fit the pattern of scum killing strong pro-town players, but with 3 explicit (Old Man, kison, pine) and 1 implicit (firebringer/momrangal) powerrole claims, it doesn't fit powerrole hunting from scum either. The best explanation for his nightkill would be if his posting spree from #1526 - #1545 was pretty close to the mark.
I believe in NKA pretty strongly so I'm not going to tell you to discount it, but he was the most active poster in the game by far and if scum played to cause apathy (makes sense with nobody playing the game before you subbed in) then it fits. that's how I see it. but yea, its an odd kill.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”