Fallout Mafia - Commonwealth Edition (Day 8)

Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5400 (ISO) » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:55 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

In post 5398, Alchemist21 wrote:Well PJM’s flavor was explicitly safe. Why should I believe that the mod would do that if they were just going to give fakeclaims to everyone else?
Not sure if dumbtelling or just being dumb
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
GuyInFreezer
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
GuyInFreezer
Magical Girl
Magical Girl

Post Post #5401 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:42 am

Post by GuyInFreezer »

wilky (2):
REALMEN ONLY JUNGLE
REALMEN ONLY JUNGLE (1):
YT2980
Dunnstral (1):
wilky
YT2980 (1):
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma (1):
Alchemist21

Not Voting:
punreader, Ankamius, Dunnstral

With
alive,
to lynch

Deadline: (expired on 2018-07-07 17:24:09)
Last edited by GuyInFreezer on Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Show
"I used to think you had this elegant-trolly, minimalist playstyle. Then I realized the playstyle is ~Lazy~
The true enlightenment was realizing that they are the same thing."
~fferyllt

"who the fuck fakeclaims Tracker like that
WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT"
~Alisae
wilky
wilky
Mafia Scum
wilky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5402 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:07 am

Post by wilky »

VOTE: Kokichi
YT2980
YT2980
Goon
YT2980
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5403 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:16 am

Post by YT2980 »

UNVOTE: RMOJ
forgot my vote was on him until rereading this day phase, TBCH.

here’s a solid town case for wilky, based in large part on information that i had not yet fully consumed. i wanted to investigate him fully anyway because i pushed him up my hill from town-to-scum:

: counterclaiming miller in his very first post in thread serves to make his claim credible enough—upon first glance—to beget town points. the thought process behind it seems like one town might pursue. and plus, even if he is in fact scum, i can see little scum incentive/thoughts of a scummy agenda lurking beneath counterclaiming someone who he’d then have knowledge of being town, given the mod has made it clear that this game is straight-up commonwealth vs. institute in the OP and in our commonwealth role PM.

: makes a potentially solid case for himself being town, in that gif is a mod that has apparently had 2 town millers before, and that it wouldn’t make sense for him to have a scum miller and a town miller in this particular game. Occam’s razor would theoretically uphold this statement, in that it would be easier to assume they are both town if this was already the case in a gif game before.

: looks good for wilky that impossibear had an early townlean (2nd largest townread, down to alchemist) on him for the way he came in right away and ‘challenged dave’ from the get-go, as though he is trying to catch someone in a lie. hadn’t caught this point before, but it’s fairly solid and still remains. plus, impossibear correctly predicted there was definitely one scum on the first 5 votes for wilky—as Maria R’s flip now indicates. further on in this post, impossibear states a read of thinking wilky is 100% town—in that he feels his incentive for counterclaiming was town-oriented because of having “something confirmable that could catch scum”, and
that wilky backed it up with excitability and confidence. further, impossibear states “it doesn’t make sense to not only throw yourself into the spotlight but do so against 1 person you would know is town. it doesn’t end well for scum there.”

: wilky acknowledges that even though as of this post he felt my slot was scum and he voted me in this post, that ramcius made a post that was “towny af.” it’s often a difficult thing for scum to acknowledge something like that, in my experiences, in spite of laying their vote on someone, so put this in the possibly townpile.

: wilky serves a very solid rebuttal to ramcius’s stance of “it going without saying” that scum have fakeclaims by stating that one “can’t say it goes without saying” unless it’s confirmed by flips or the game mod.

scum having 2 investigative roles is also an unlikely assumption by occam’s razor, and wilky claimed slow cop as his role ability.

Next up: I would like to investigate a town case for Kokichi, since he is currently leading in votes.

I will state I am OK with waiting to lynch a possible scum—rmoj or a possible scum—alchemist, so my vote will probably land in one of the 2 directions between kokichi and wilky, given my current townreads. I’m definitely leaning towards kokichi atm.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5404 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:08 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

Dr. Amari Commonwealth Vanilla.

i had to scroll forever for that damn thing
How do you expect to find the culprit when you're all worried about each other's feelings? If you're planning to expose a liar, then you have to corner them psychologically.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5405 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:09 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

I've never played fallout but the PM says something about studying brains
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #5406 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:25 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 5404, Kokichi Oma wrote:Dr. Amari
if you rearrange the letters you get mariAr. D, and MariaR was scum. @Alchemist21 do you think we have something here?
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #5407 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:31 pm

Post by Alchemist21 »

We have a lot of D jokes we could make.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5408 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:43 am

Post by Ankamius »

is it time to horrify everyone with vca yet
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #5409 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:15 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

Only if it comes with cake.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5410 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:18 am

Post by Ankamius »

well tbf

I probably won't post my results here anyways so you get a free not-getting-horrified

you're welcome
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5411 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:11 am

Post by Kokichi Oma »

So this is a game
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5412 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:31 am

Post by Ankamius »

so I looked at some VCs for a bit and this is already starting to stand out big time

VOTE: Kokichi Oma
YT2980
YT2980
Goon
YT2980
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5413 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:07 am

Post by YT2980 »

Here’s a towncase for Kokichi (I’ll note that he replaced in for verylazy)

in : verylazy drops a solid point that policy lynching miller claims is inherently a bad idea, in response to tchill13 (the player punreader apparently replaced in for). also, being against policy lynches is oftentimes a town motive.

in : i see kokichi asks a solid question concerning now confirmed-scum MariaR, in that it didn’t make much sense for MariaR to scout Dunnstral, who MariaR acknowledged she can read better than anyone else on the playerlist in

/: kokichi demands for mariar claim, but threatens to day vig her if she doesn’t. the threat here has a possible interpretation of being ‘t vs. s’—with MariaR being the S in this scenario—obviously.

: a reaction test on now confscum maria looks good on paper.

That’s all I got. This is a relatively weak towncase, in that there is not a lot of defendable ‘clear’ town motives—and it’s that lack that has likely kept Kokichi out of just about everyone’s townread pile, including my own.

Kokichi, I encourage you to stick up for yourself and create a towncase to boost my currently weak stance on yourself. Or anybody else, feel free to. In the meantime, I am going to construct opposing cases of wilky being scum, and kokichi being scum.

But this case is comparably weak to any of the other towncases I have defended, and heard from the points of others. I am definitely tempted to L-1 you, but I will wait until I feel solid about you being scum, and it’s going to take a little more analyzing before I can reach that point. I also would love to hear someone else or yourself presenting a case for you being town—if that is obtainable.

Next up: the case that Wilky is scum.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5414 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:15 am

Post by Ankamius »

YT2980, be very careful about your points early in the game about the miller claims or how to play out the game at that point

It's a very easy way for scum to pick up townpoints (this is where my initial scumread on Alchemist21 came from and how I fell for townreading MariaR early on) without actually helping the game forward since it's all stuff that
someone
will eventually throw out there.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5415 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:17 am

Post by Ankamius »

In post 5414, Ankamius wrote:YT2980, be very careful about your points early in the game about the miller claims or how to play out the game at that point

It's a very easy way for scum to pick up townpoints (this is where my initial scumread on Alchemist21 came from and how I fell for townreading MariaR early on) without actually helping the game forward since it's all stuff that
someone
or I could start using my brain

it doesn't help the game forward because it doesn't actually give concrete direction to go off of, it's just vagueness that looks good at a glance.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5416 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:27 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

Town case: I'm town.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5417 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:28 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

My play earlier proves I was town. But I'm tired of repeating
YT2980
YT2980
Goon
YT2980
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5418 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:40 pm

Post by YT2980 »

In post 5414, Ankamius wrote:YT2980, be very careful about your points early in the game about the miller claims or how to play out the game at that point

someone
actually, that seems a solid point, but it took me reading this a few times to understand it. basically, merely making observations about something like that which isn’t gonna push the game forward at this point is vague, and something scum might do. did i get your drift? i think i did! correct me if i didn’t.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5419 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:45 pm

Post by Ankamius »

correct in one, YT
Punreader
Punreader
Goon
Punreader
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5420 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:11 pm

Post by Punreader »

So at this point I'm willing to call all of Alchemist21, REALMEN ONLY JUNGLE, and wilky confirmed town on one merit in of itself:
There's too many vanilla claims.

We've had two VTs flip thusfar in the game, and now we have a total of four more.

While three are guaranteed to be truthful (thus, giving us five VTs), I would not imagine we'd have six VTs in this game.

This is particularly true if you trust wilky to be town. If wilky is town, then the last pun has a role causing wilky's repeated failures, one which they would never openly claim. (And thus, they claim VT instead.)

Of course, this does not narrow things down much as REALMEN ONLY JUNGLE was already conftown, Alchemist21 should be conftown tomorrow, and wilky is off the lynch table for today.

If I had to select a lynch-then-hide right now (i.e. select top two suspects), it would be lynch Kokichi Oma, hide behind YT2980 (Dunnstral is tempting, but he is soft-cleared via Maria's role; while this does not remove him from the lynch pool altogether as he is not conftown, it makes him a less appealing target), but I still need to put the time into reading and gamesolving.
Let me give an Alternative perspective.
Kokichi Oma
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Kokichi Oma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5421 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:31 pm

Post by Kokichi Oma »

What's the point of telling who you would hide behind, scum would just kill them. You sure you town, bro?
REALMEN ONLY JUNGLE
REALMEN ONLY JUNGLE
Goon
REALMEN ONLY JUNGLE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5422 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:31 pm

Post by REALMEN ONLY JUNGLE »

okay so funny story guys

i dreamt about this game, and, like, i dreamt that we lynched dave and he flipped scum, and we won

but, when i woke up, i knew it was bullshit, because we already lynched dave... and he was town

so fuck
REALMEN ONLY JUNGLE
REALMEN ONLY JUNGLE
Goon
REALMEN ONLY JUNGLE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5423 (ISO) » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:31 pm

Post by REALMEN ONLY JUNGLE »

gut says we go here

VOTE: kokichi oma
Ankamius