Mini 2018 - American Presidents Mafia (Game Over)

the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:46 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 786, Nauci wrote:@The Worst: PRETTY SUPER DUPER PLEASE tell us what those couple of mind meld moments with Gemini you mentioned were? That was a pretty big dollop of potentially "yeah this sounds good" bull to drop and I'm not letting you go on that one. It doesn't take any time or bandwidth to think about and contribute to the game with because clearly you've either already thought about what they are or should just come clean about making it up.
I did check my early ISO
she had like 2 posts and both of them were like "saem bro"
honestly can't give you more than that
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:46 pm

Post by the worst »

VOTE: Nauci
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:59 pm

Post by Shoshin »

I dunno about those votes on Nauci. Her recent posts aren't so bad.

I think Stun might be scum. The whole "here's my answers to the questions I'm asking" shtick feels like an attempt to get read as town more than an attempt to scumhunt. His reads feel kinda fake, especially his degree of certainty that certain players are town (e.g. Key). And his approach to the game feels too unfocused to come from town; it doesn't seem like he's ever really trying to pin down anyone's alignment with his questions or follow-up.

I dunno. There's some townie things in his posting too. I think we really need to see an example of his scum play to get a better sense of what he's capable of.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:06 pm

Post by Shoshin »

But probably should lynch the worst today.
Momrangal
Momrangal
Mafia Scum
Momrangal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:07 pm

Post by Momrangal »

What do you think about bernie
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:08 pm

Post by the worst »

guess who's #1 on my list of people we aren't lynching today
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:09 pm

Post by Shoshin »

In post 804, Momrangal wrote:What do you think about bernie
Town.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:10 pm

Post by Shoshin »

In post 805, the worst wrote:guess who's #1 on my list of people we aren't lynching today
Yourself, probably. Won't make much difference though.
Momrangal
Momrangal
Mafia Scum
Momrangal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:12 pm

Post by Momrangal »

Why?
Momrangal
Momrangal
Mafia Scum
Momrangal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:16 pm

Post by Momrangal »

Also, I feel like everyone has made a decision on duck based on his pred replacing out.

Sure it was weird, but Gemini was engaging before she ghosted. It doesn't seem like no one had taken into consideration that she replaced out because of IRL reasons and it didn't seem like anyone looked for proof in other games she might be in.

That being said, duck has 30 pages to read to catch up on and that's not an easy feat
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:22 pm

Post by Shoshin »

In post 808, Momrangal wrote:Why?
Bernie? 133, 135, 141, 142, 173, and 174 are all pretty townie. As i said before, I especially liked the way that he joined me on Stun but then switched onto Invis becuase he couldn't keep up the farce of voting someone he didn't actually find scummy. The entirety of that sequence of posts felt very town. And following those early posts, there's been a very natural thought process and a lot of progression in his reads, as seen in 187, 266, 323, 375, 388.
Momrangal
Momrangal
Mafia Scum
Momrangal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:23 pm

Post by Momrangal »

In post 483, Shoshin wrote:
In post 474, Momrangal wrote:And no I'm not about to metadive. I don't want to keep hearing "this is how he plays so we should just clear him"
I didn't say you should "clear" Invis because of meta, I said you shouldn't scumread him for things that aren't scummy for him to do. How would you feel if someone called you scummy because of things that you do in every game as town? You'd think that person was scumreading you for things that aren't scummy, right? Apply that same logic to Invis.
You also told me this once upon a time.

Ducks not super engaged and doesn't seem very excited but if I replaced in, and everyone scum read me based solely on my pred and didn't allow me to even catch up I wouldn't be super excited either.

Despite that, though duck did attempt to engage with people while he caught up (because he has to even if he was loosely following the game ) and despite lacking time
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:24 pm

Post by Shoshin »

In post 809, Momrangal wrote:Also, I feel like everyone has made a decision on duck based on his pred replacing out.

Sure it was weird, but Gemini was engaging before she ghosted. It doesn't seem like no one had taken into consideration that she replaced out because of IRL reasons and it didn't seem like anyone looked for proof in other games she might be in.

That being said, duck has 30 pages to read to catch up on and that's not an easy feat
I could care less about the replacement. Duck's posts feel spiritless, and as I said before, the whole "mind meld" with Gemini felt fake.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:25 pm

Post by Shoshin »

It's also poe, Mom.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:27 pm

Post by the worst »

uh pardon me since when do you know me well enough that you can tell what's fake from me? o.0
Momrangal
Momrangal
Mafia Scum
Momrangal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:28 pm

Post by Momrangal »

Ill look into Bernie more tomorrow but what is he even gaining as scum by lying about it?

And I mean, ofc it feels spiritless. That'l was my point
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:30 pm

Post by Shoshin »

In post 814, the worst wrote:uh pardon me since when do you know me well enough that you can tell what's fake from me? o.0
So you're saying I should make no attempt to read you because I don't know you?
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:41 pm

Post by Shoshin »

In post 815, Momrangal wrote:Ill look into Bernie more tomorrow but what is he even gaining as scum by lying about it?
It makes his slot look town, or at least that's what scum might think it'd do. Though I don't think scum always have a specific intent to their lies, sometimes they're just trying to hide their alignment and they end up saying things they didn't mean to because they were too focused on not letting people know their alignment. Like, I could imagine the worst replacing into a scum slot, immediately going into denial over the fact, and sort of reacting to that by spinning a lie about how he mind melded before replacement. Then when he gets questioned about it, he's like, oh, fuck, I shouldn't have said that, there's not actually much to mind meld with.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:43 pm

Post by Shoshin »

In post 814, the worst wrote:uh pardon me since when do you know me well enough that you can tell what's fake from me? o.0
Even this way of defending himself is bullshit. I call something fake, and his response is, "you don't know me well enough to know it's fake." He's not even denying that it's fake... instead he just wants to discredit me...
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:48 pm

Post by the worst »

don't give me that phoney AtE crap. if you think it's fake tell me why you think it's fake. the fact you're trying to call me out on a personality thing when you don't know me is g r o s s

but also most of the player list just feels totally resigned with my lunch. like if I was revealed as IC where would people even go?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:00 pm

Post by skitter30 »

I mean, I'm pretty sure I said earlier that I don't want to lynch you right now because you said you think you'll be more engaged later in the week and that I'll wait till then, and that I switched off your wagon because of it.

I'm going to be very honest tho and say that your posting is :/ and that i don't really see a reason to townread you here
Shoshin wrote:
So you're saying I should make no attempt to read you because I don't know you?
although to be fair to the duck this is a really leading/loaded question.
Bernie Sanders
Bernie Sanders
Goon
Bernie Sanders
Goon
Goon

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:07 pm

Post by Bernie Sanders »

I'd look to invisibility, also maybe gamma or even the NSG slot (mostly on a poe basis).

I think if you're town you should try to talk about or case who you think is most likely scum here and convince or work us through your thoughts rather than why people should stop focusing on you.
Still feeling the Bern in 2018
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:09 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 820, skitter30 wrote:I mean, I'm pretty sure I said earlier that I don't want to lynch you right now because you said you think you'll be more engaged later in the week and that I'll wait till then, and that I switched off your wagon because of it.
I did pick this... there's a small handful of players on the list who seem to actually want to sort me rather than compromise lynch.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:10 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 780, stungun0404 wrote:Nauci is probably town. discouraging any sort of town player from even crumbing a power role seems like a town-motivated push, not a scum-motivated push. I still need to see more from here, however, to upgrade my read on her.
i don't think this is a hard thing for scum to fake

--
In post 794, Momrangal wrote:ven if whatsherface and skits (I think it was) told each other that they were excited to play the same alignment, I don't think replacing out should ever be alignment indicative and no one really has given duck a chance to do more than get his feet wet.
if this is referring to me idk what you mean by this
In post 794, Momrangal wrote:Further more, this case on duck came when after duck said he wouldn't have any time to defend himself, and after duck is at a vulnerable L-2 (1?) position making it completely viable that duck gets lynched before he even had more time to get himself busy.
the highest it got was L-3

also see

--
In post 796, Momrangal wrote:
In post 753, Irrelephant11 wrote:Ugh Nauci you’re sounding towny sometimes but you keep calling for my lynch and it doesn’t feel like you actually think I’m scum you just want me lynched and I want us both to be town but we’re never gonna be able to work together if we are, are we
I highly doubt this is something scum would say to someone they are scum reading/trying to lynch.
really? this quote from irrelephant actually sounds super fake to me; it kinda reads like he's discrediting her push tbh

--

i don't particularly get the scumreads/votes on nauci right now.

intersting to note that mom votes nauci and duckling moves his vote off of mom onto nauci. i'm *pretty* sure from voting patterns that mom and duckling aren't scum together even though mom's defending him; the timing of their votes don't really feel like partners to me.

--
In post 817, Shoshin wrote:Like, I could imagine the worst replacing into a scum slot,
immediately going into denial over the fact,
and sort of reacting to that by spinning a lie about how he mind melded before replacement. Then when he gets questioned about it, he's like, oh, fuck, I shouldn't have said that, there's not actually much to mind meld with.
i haven't actually like, played, with scum!him, but from what i understand, he has a fairly decent scumgame and doesn't like, hate playing scum or anything so idk why this would be his immediate reaction.

i do agree about the mindmeld bit though
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:13 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 822, the worst wrote:
In post 820, skitter30 wrote:I mean, I'm pretty sure I said earlier that I don't want to lynch you right now because you said you think you'll be more engaged later in the week and that I'll wait till then, and that I switched off your wagon because of it.
I did pick this... there's a small handful of players on the list who seem to actually want to sort me rather than compromise lynch.
yeah i really don't want to compromise lynch on you; i can give you a few (irl) days to figure it out (don't really want to drag this out over several phases tho)

it was more a response to mom who's saying that nobody was taking that into account when i'd actually made a post about that a few hours ago

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”