NY214: Project Pinecone (Game over! Town wins!)

Inferno390
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Inferno390
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: With the Flying Pumpkin That Shoots Laser Beams Out Of It's Ass

Post Post #4000 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:34 am

Post by Inferno390 »

This was a great game.
"Do I have permission to....refute some of the bs that Inferno just spewed out?"--TywinL

“Does anyone know if Inferno is prone to going of on huge tangents of twisted logic regarding basically alignment neutral posting? Asking for a friend ...”—MagnaofIllusion

Inferno390 GTKAS

Mafiascum Moderator Society
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4001 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:34 am

Post by Raskolnikov »

Oh okay 1 save. I would've been sad if 0.
deranged and incoherent
?
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #4002 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:35 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 92, Pine wrote:How are you not a high-info flip? When you flip Loyal FV, everyone you've vended to gets hardcleared. It also serves as a hard counter to MoI's claim (which is likely why he's apathetic - he got screwed by claim.)
The implication was that people should townread me already and therefore already have all of that information :P
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #4003 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:35 am

Post by Pine »

In post 3994, Skygazer wrote:gg though! I was going to lolclaim fruit today and would've been sort of locktown for a bit RIP
Frankly, I think that would have been a game-winning move for you, and worth a Scummy nomination. Particularly if you followed it up with killing tw the following night. Pity tw thought you were Town, and therefore safe to kill.

I said so in the dead thread, I'll say so here: I think all three factions played a good game, and some very solid performances got defeated by others' competence.

Shoutout to the worst, who is frankly the Town MVP. He joked about conceding, and I was seriously considering calling it a joint win if he had.
Last edited by Pine on Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #4004 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:35 am

Post by Skygazer »

We (mostly me) thought he could be doc due to the claim shenanigans and the way HitAlt/Gamma hadn't commented on him much
i have the most queues
replacement queue | upick queue
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #4005 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:37 am

Post by Skygazer »

And then I wifom'd myself into thinking there wasn't a doc because a tracker/watcher hadn't been revealed yet and there was no proof of a doc based on our targets so I went for the Ausuka kill finally whoops
i have the most queues
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #4006 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:37 am

Post by Ausuka »

Oh okay that makes sense. to be 100% honest I think as scum I would've killed one of the claimed invest roles because doc can only protect one of them but then again I'm bad so...
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #4007 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:38 am

Post by Pine »

I'm actually seriously considering nominating the worst for a "Best Third Party" Scummy despite the wide margin of the Town win here. In this game, I think it's a solid case of the Serial Killer being too accurate for their own good.

Anyone else have thoughts on that?

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4008 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:39 am

Post by Raskolnikov »

After getting fruit I thought I'd play very lurky so no one killed me, but it backfired because I legitimately got disengaged from the game and super lazy complacent and badly lynching
deranged and incoherent
?
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #4009 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:40 am

Post by Ausuka »

I might be wrong but on n3 I thought that the scumpool was still too wide for scum to fakeclaim fruit. By n4 we had won regardless- Sky couldn't have won there I think?? Town PRs + SK were probably too strong for such a comeback.

the worst played excellently yeah.
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #4010 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:40 am

Post by Pine »

Setup:

17 Players - 12 Town, 4 Mafia, 1 Serial Killer

Vengeful Townie
Detective
Psychologist
Hider
Loyal Fruit Vendor
Loud Doctor
Visitor
Informed Townie: You know that all roles, aside from any VTs, have some element to them which was recently white-listed.
2-shot Activated Bulletproof Townie
3 VTs

Mafia Prime-Number-Night Jailkeeper (1 is not a prime number. 2, 3, 5, 7 are)
Mafia Disloyal Fruit Vendor
Mafia Ninja
Mafia Goon

1-shot BP Multitasking 2-shot Tracker Serial Killer

Spoiler: Role PMs
Welcome to New York 214: Project Pinecone! Here's your role information:

You are a
Vengeful Townie
. You have no special powers until and unless you are lynched. At that time, the game will enter twilight, and you will have 24 hours to submit a name to me by PM. That player will be killed.

Win Condition: You win if the town eliminates all opposing factions. At least one member of your faction must survive.

Please /confirm by PM. Day One will be started after 15/17 players have confirmed.

You are a
Town Detective
. Each night, you may submit a name to me for investigation. If they have attempted to kill someone this game, successful or not, you will be informed of this fact. Resolves after kills.

Win Condition: You win if the town eliminates all opposing factions. At least one member of your faction must survive.

Please /confirm by PM. Day One will be started after 15/17 players have confirmed.

You are a
Town Psychologist
. Each night, you may submit a name to me for investigation to determine if they are capable of killing anyone. If they have already killed someone or attempted to kill someone, this will return a negative result. Resolves after kills.

You are a
Town Hider
. Each night, you may choose someone to hide behind. While hiding, you are immune to all kills targeted at you. However, should the player you are hiding behind die, you will also die. Please note that this is not the more-common Weak Hider, and as such you do not automatically die if you hide behind non-Town.

You are a
Town Loyal Fruit Vendor
. Each night, you may send me a name. If that player belongs to your faction, they will receive a random piece of fruit. This fruit serves no discernible function.

You are a
Town Loud Doctor
. Each night, you may send me a name. That player will be protected from all night kills that night. If your action resolves, your target will be informed that you visited them, but not what you did.

You are a
Town Visitor
. Each night, you may send me a name. You will visit that player, but your visitation will have no discernible effect.

You are an
Informed Townie
. You have no special powers, but know the following:

All roles in this game, aside from Vanilla Townies and/or Mafia Goons, have some element to them which was recently whitelisted for Normal games.

The moderator will not publicly confirm this information. What you do with it is up to you.

You are a
Town 2-shot Activated Bulletproof Townie
. Each night, you may choose to activate your power. If you do, you will be protected from all night kills targeting you that night. You may use this power twice only.

You are a
Mafia Prime-Number-Night Jailkeeper
. On nights identified with a prime number (note: 1 is not a prime number), you may send me a name. That player will be roleblocked and protected from all kills that night. Please note that, per Normal guidelines, you may not execute your power on the same night you execute your factional kill.

You have access to a Private Thread with your faction, found here. Additional information on your factional composition may be found there. You may communicate with your team at any time.

Win Condition: You win if the your team eliminates all opposing factions. At least one member of your faction must survive.

You are a
Mafia Disloyal Fruit Vendor
. Each night, you may send me a name. If that player does not belong to your faction, they will receive a random piece of fruit. This fruit serves no discernible function. Please note that, per Normal guidelines, you may not execute your power on the same night you execute your factional kill.

You have access to a Private Thread with your faction, found here. Additional information on your factional composition may be found there. You may communicate with your team at any time.

Win Condition: You win if the your team eliminates all opposing factions. At least one member of your faction must survive.

You are a
Mafia Ninja
. You may execute your team's factional kill, and may not be observed while doing so.

You are a
Mafia Goon
. You have no special powers, though you may execute your team's factional kill.

You are a
1-shot Bulletproof Multitasking 2-shot Tracker Serial Killer
. ach night, you may execute a factional kill. Twice per game, you may also send me a name. You will follow that player and learn whom they target, if anyone. As you have the Multitasking modifier, you may still make your factional kill while taking this action. Finally, the first night kill which would resolve upon you this game will be nullified. You will not be informed should this occur.

You have access to a Private Thread for your notes, found here. You may use it at any time.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #4011 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:41 am

Post by Chickadee »

I owed more attention to this game than I gave.

Big games move to fast or me.

It was a good game though.
Instagram: BoneSpellArts

"Yo I'm so good at anime girls" - pj
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4012 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:41 am

Post by Raskolnikov »

Hitalt's detective outing TW d2 was probably most crucial action.
deranged and incoherent
?
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #4013 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:42 am

Post by Pine »

In post 4009, Ausuka wrote:I might be wrong but on n3 I thought that the scumpool was still too wide for scum to fakeclaim fruit. By n4 we had won regardless- Sky couldn't have won there I think?? Town PRs + SK were probably too strong for such a comeback.

the worst played excellently yeah.
In the dead thread I roleplayed a scenario where Skygazer could have darkhorsed a win, even that late. If she'd correctly guessed a fruitvend, her odds would have gone waaaay up.

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #4014 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:43 am

Post by Skygazer »

nominate myself for town mvp for nailing two scum on day two
i have the most queues
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #4015 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:43 am

Post by Ausuka »

She had Nos and HWS as MLs but I'm pretty sure she doesn't live beyond that point? Like I don't think Jingle was EVER getting lynched, Irre possibly but I don't think so.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #4016 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:45 am

Post by Jingle »

Nah, that's an alright choice. I just wanted to play up the "A successful doc protect makes the game unwinnable for scum" angle because them shooting for doc made it possible for them to close the net on themselves. ;)

Also, I was absolutely sure that HWS was doc until Rask's post that 'classical doc tell' made it obvious HWS wasn't doc. At which point I realized rask wasn't really looking for a doc, was the doc, and was also the best scumkill of the potential docs. It's also why I went so hard in on posting reasoning that chasing innos was a bad idea, because it turned out that the doc WAS one of the innos, and that was a problem. Luckily, it didn't bite us in the ass. :)
This is a Parachute.
HeWhoSwims
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4017 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:45 am

Post by HeWhoSwims »

As sent to pine
HeWhoSwims wrote:Thanks! I loved it. One of the better/more fun games I've played around here. I'll follow it hopefully.

If one of sky/chick is scum and TW is serial killer I'll demand the entire town will buy me drinks
Pay up yall!

But for real I loved this and I loved you all as a playerlist so THANKS FOR ALL EVERYONE!

Also TW you are one of my favourite players here if not #1 but can we please end up on the same faction again for once
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4018 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:47 am

Post by Raskolnikov »

If I have a critique of the setup it's that the informed + the role theme made setup spec too reliable and it made verifying claims themselves too reliable
deranged and incoherent
?
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #4019 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:48 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 4007, Pine wrote:I'm actually seriously considering nominating the worst for a "Best Third Party" Scummy despite the wide margin of the Town win here. In this game, I think it's a solid case of the Serial Killer being too accurate for their own good.

I'd second. I mean, without the mechanics backing up him being an SK, I'd have still thought he was a vig at the endgame. Hell, even with the mechanics, there was still a little bit of doubt in my mind.
This is a Parachute.
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4020 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:48 am

Post by Raskolnikov »

but that's maybe just a personal preference

anyways GG

thanks for modding!
deranged and incoherent
?
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #4021 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:49 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 4017, HeWhoSwims wrote:As sent to pine
HeWhoSwims wrote:Thanks! I loved it. One of the better/more fun games I've played around here. I'll follow it hopefully.

If one of sky/chick is scum and TW is serial killer I'll demand the entire town will buy me drinks
Pay up yall!

But for real I loved this and I loved you all as a playerlist so THANKS FOR ALL EVERYONE!

Also TW you are one of my favourite players here if not #1 but can we please end up on the same faction again for once
Aight, but I'm drinking them too.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #4022 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:50 am

Post by Jingle »

That's kinda the point of the scum roles being such good fakeclaims, Rask. They were ALSO town AF. TW was a little screwed, but serial killers usually are, tbf.
This is a Parachute.
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4023 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:52 am

Post by Raskolnikov »

Nah I mean. They had very little flexibility to claim whatever they wanted.
deranged and incoherent
?
HeWhoSwims
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
HeWhoSwims
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4024 (ISO) » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:53 am

Post by HeWhoSwims »

I feel JK and FV are both okay fakeclaims

Sky could've claimed vt