OPEN 732 : PICK YOUR POWER X/Y (GAME OVER)

Cardi B
Cardi B
Goon
Cardi B
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1350 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:30 pm

Post by Cardi B »

Quack bitch.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1351 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:32 pm

Post by Ausuka »

there seems to be people thinking AP wouldn't bus as basically caught scum. I think you're just wrong. AP doesn't voluntarily tie himself to Vulcan like that.

We NEVER lynch music over Vulcan sorry. Like if there's one thing I'm going to insist it's that Vulcan doesn't live to LYLO.
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
Cardi B
Cardi B
Goon
Cardi B
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1352 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:32 pm

Post by Cardi B »

If I'm lyin and I'm secretly a cop or sommn I have an inno on Vulcan.
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #1353 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:33 pm

Post by Skygazer »

Tbh vulcan is strongly in my lynch pool and ausuka and I have agreed on that before that weird scumread on ausuka
i have the most queues
replacement queue | upick queue
vulcan logician
vulcan logician
Goon
vulcan logician
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1354 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:33 pm

Post by vulcan logician »

In post 1346, Ausuka wrote:Pretty sure your only concern here is to shade another slot and make it lynchable so that you can win an unwinnable game.

The vig/PGO thing clears me. I townleaned invis d1, yes, that means nothing at this point.

Pedit: uhhh yeah it makes sense if I'm scum? But it also makes complete sense as town and you're not trying to address that.

Pedit2: ok I'm just going to stop now because it's so clear that you're arguing in bad faith
Not trying to throw shade at your slot, Ausuka. I'm just voicing concerns as I read through the thread. If I didn't say it now, I'd have forgotten the posts to quote and the points I wanted to make. My case isn't super strong, I know. I'm really only thinking 70% chance you're scum.

But that's the best I have right now.

And BTW, I'm town. So if you wanna lynch me, go ahead and push. I flip green and you're next. That works for me. The only way that sucks is if we're both town. So you, at the very least, need to come up with a better reply to what I've said then "Vulcan has scum motivations."

But if I'm wrong and you are indeed town, there's nothing wrong with having some issues concerning your slot brought to light.
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #1355 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:34 pm

Post by Skygazer »

So much AtE it hurts
i have the most queues
vulcan logician
vulcan logician
Goon
vulcan logician
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1356 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:35 pm

In post 1353, Skygazer wrote:Tbh vulcan is strongly in my lynch pool and ausuka and I have agreed on that before that weird scumread on ausuka
Yeah, like, bringing a push on somebody out of left field ain't really in my or anyone else's scumgame y'know.
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #1357 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:37 pm

Post by Skygazer »

Alright, skitter claims now. Skitter if you have a PR you should list like two or three to create wifom for the scum. If you're VT then just claim that and we can move on to attempted picks

I'm fine with leaving Enigma's wifom claim out there but he should hypo inno in case he flips cop
i have the most queues
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1358 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:37 pm

Post by Ausuka »

If you were a cop you wouldn't volunteer to be lynched Cardi. Don't play these games please.

Pedit: Ooooh this is interesting
vulcan logician
vulcan logician
Goon
vulcan logician
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1359 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:39 pm

In post 1355, Skygazer wrote:So much AtE it hurts
Fair enough. Fair enough. Like I said, I just wanted to give my thoughts as I had them.
Cardi B
Cardi B
Goon
Cardi B
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1360 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:43 pm

Post by Cardi B »

In post 1351, Ausuka wrote:there seems to be people thinking AP wouldn't bus as basically caught scum. I think you're just wrong. AP doesn't voluntarily tie himself to Vulcan like that.

We NEVER lynch music over Vulcan sorry. Like if there's one thing I'm going to insist it's that Vulcan doesn't live to LYLO.
I coul see it as like a you know.... hail mary play?? Like with vulcan getting wagoned and AP havin the mechanical shit agains him he gotta be feelin the heat you know. So like "vote your buddy and hope somethin suddenly changes the way things goin" seem like somethin he might think about? And its the sorta screwy thing thats up his alley but I also think that bettin yo ass and titties on black and voting your mans is somethin people dont like doin in general. Idk.
Cardi B
Cardi B
Goon
Cardi B
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1361 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:45 pm

Post by Cardi B »

In post 1358, Ausuka wrote:If you were a cop you wouldn't volunteer to be lynched Cardi. Don't play these games please.
If Im finna be lynched then I'm claiming frreal. Cardi make money moves u know that. Uh even if she ain't really been on the shmoney that much this game.
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest

Post Post #1362 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:45 pm

Post by Skygazer »

I mean looking at that lolhammer I don't think AP is averse to bussing necessarily even when it's not a good move
i have the most queues
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1363 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:47 pm

Post by the worst »

who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
Cardi B
Cardi B
Goon
Cardi B
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1364 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:48 pm

Post by Cardi B »

Yeah u right I guess. Kinda different since it's losin the game vs losin a partner and I dunno if he coulda done anything about vizzyboy anyway.
Cardi B
Cardi B
Goon
Cardi B
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1365 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:50 pm

Post by Cardi B »

As long as we talkin bout that.... my AP meta been a bit uhh you know uhhhh.... shittay... but I feel like he a bit more likely to hammer like that if his partner is also on the wagon. Thats assumin he did it on purpose which he prolly did but not fo sure.
Cardi B
Cardi B
Goon
Cardi B
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1366 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:52 pm

Post by Cardi B »

Im prey sure we just lynchin me or cj today so Im gonna VOTE: ceejayvinoya
vulcan logician
vulcan logician
Goon
vulcan logician
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1367 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:52 pm

I'm not down for lynching Cardi at all! And (at this point) I'm no longer as willing to be lynched as I was before. Since my thoughts on Ausuka seem to be ill received, I say we lynch Ceej and if he flips green, we wait scum out. I think that (given our advantage) town can power through and snatch a win.
vulcan logician
vulcan logician
Goon
vulcan logician
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1368 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:58 pm

VOTE: ceejayvinoya
Music
Music
Townie
Music
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1369 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:01 pm

Post by Music »

It's quite likely we've got a very strong scum pool, and I think once the claims are sorted out we should probably be able to come up with a winning strategy.
Music
Music
Townie
Music
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1370 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:02 pm

Post by Music »

In post 1368, vulcan logician wrote:VOTE: ceejayvinoya
If you do indeed believe Ausuka is scum, I don't understand why you wouldn't vote them at this point? We have not decided on an immediate Ceejay/Cardi lynch pool yet.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1371 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:11 pm

Post by Ausuka »

In post 1356, vulcan logician wrote:
In post 1353, Skygazer wrote:Tbh vulcan is strongly in my lynch pool and ausuka and I have agreed on that before that weird scumread on ausuka
Yeah, like, bringing a push on somebody out of left field ain't really in my or anyone else's scumgame y'know.
In post 1584, Lavos wrote:VOTE: Wavemode
In post 1588, Lavos wrote:not really wanting to make a big case but what i see in this is that his progression on uglyduck isn't really realistic. the part where he sorts the guy isn't really there; instead it's like he
knows
the guy is scum from the start. for example bujaber's push wasn't constant; he seeks scumhunting activity elsewhere regularly and later sets up a Tor/lavos lynchpool as uglyduck takes a backseat. these kinds of fluid reads are things that often come from town.

wave decides UD is scum at one point and has exactly 0 doubt thereafter. his push on invis before this gets dropped; he hops on unreal at deadline because he kinda has to do that but jumps back on uglyduck asap. in general it feels at all times like he actually *knows* that uglyduck is scum.

and i already know what people are going to say about this; "but lavos! he was voting scum! that means he can't be scum!" and my answer to that is- no it doesn't. people on this site bus LITERALLY ALL THE TIME but hold the belief that scum wouldn't do the same for some reason I don't know.

like. let's look at recent normal games with scum lynches. if the playercount gets too low or 1 scum is left or there is a guilty i don't care about the data because it's irrelevant.

mini 2015: both wagons d1 were on scum and d2 was a guilty so this is hard to gather data from but one scum did vote another scum day one.

mini 2010: lynch on shoshin contained 1 scum, and the scum that wasn't shoshin and wasn't bussing shoshin was bussing the scum who was bussing shoshin.

mini 2009: scum bussed d3

mini 2002: cultofathena lynched d1. rare example of a time when there was no scum bussing, BUT one scum WAS voting another scumbutt.

mini 1996: implosion lynched d1. scum was on the wagon. the bussing scum, Mumble, had an earlier wagon which implosion was on. scum #3 was a lurker.

to be fair I haven't looked into just how far the bus went during these games but I do know that I have hardbussed my partner on my main before so I know it's definitely possible. in a 2-scum game the LAST thing you want is to be associated with your partner, period. because then scum loses. it's like white flag.
In post 1632, Lavos wrote:don't really have time or motivation to respond to wave's shitstorm, wouldn't be surprised if it was intended to be too much to respond to and most of it will be irrelevant when i flip green. main gist of what i'd say is that the unrealistic thing about the progression isn't the buildup, it's the way his read is totally non-fluid and he rarely seeks any sort of scumhunting opportunity outside of uglyduck. his play is totally orientated around distancing from uglyduck- he treats his invis and US reads in a totally different way.

his narrative where scum's kills totally resolve around him is absurd. why the fuck would i kill bujaber because he wanted to lynch uglyduck
and then open the day with an uglyduck vote?
toranga was literally the only player trying to defend me in this ENTIRE GAME. saying he'd be joining the lynch on me is also absurd. in fact the kill was probably made so that this lynch would go smoothly.

on d4 wave will try and say "why would I push lavos so hard as scum??? I could get a ML elsewhere." this is shitty WIFOM and don't let him. this is a scum push trying to get his hands dirty. once i get lynched he will target someone else and set them up as scum with UD, and he can keep doing it since I'm the only one willing to go against him.

D4 lynch must be wavemode if you want to win. On the like 10% chance he is town A50 is the best lynch d5 and if that's town too look into {sajj, mutant}. i would be pretty mad in the dead pt if wavemode lived to endgame OR you lynched outside of those four. mylo is lynchbait but don't dwell on that please.

bye.
In post 1635, Lavos wrote:maybe I shouldn't have like pushed wavemode but I thought that there was basically no chance to win the game if I didn't try something crazy and WIFOMy. I was hoping someone would tr me because my push was one of the hardest lynches in the game but yeah didn't work. I was going to selfvote before the L-1 and try to just look like dumbtown but when I got back here I was already lyncheds so...
I literally did this exact thing in my last game. It's easy, if somewhat ineffective, and the fact that you were literally seeking townreads for this shows that this is what you're going for.

Vulcan!town narrative right now is literally "I think the person who gave a guilty and is widely townread is scum but instead of pushing her I'll just vote another wagon and let her be townread because ??? and then do this again d4"
vulcan logician
vulcan logician
Goon
vulcan logician
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1372 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:21 pm

In post 1370, Music wrote:
In post 1368, vulcan logician wrote:VOTE: ceejayvinoya
If you do indeed believe Ausuka is scum, I don't understand why you wouldn't vote them at this point? We have not decided on an immediate Ceejay/Cardi lynch pool yet.
I said I was 70% sure that leaves some percents that I am wrong about Ausuka. We have time, and our margin for error is quite large. Weeding Ceej out seems a more practical course of action at this point.
vulcan logician
vulcan logician
Goon
vulcan logician
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1373 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:23 pm

Wow, Ausuka. You're like... an amazing Chrono Trigger fan. That's awesome.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1374 (ISO) » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:25 pm

Post by Ausuka »

was as good of an alt name as any

Return to “Completed Open Games”