OPEN 732 : PICK YOUR POWER X/Y (GAME OVER)

the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1850 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:30 pm

Post by the worst »

VOTE COUNT 5.11

Sando (1)
~ Ausuka,
skitter30 (0)
~
Cardi B (1)
~ ofrhz,
Myloninja13 (0)
~
Ausuka (1)
~ Sando,
ofrhz (0)
~

NOT VOTING:
skitter30, Cardi B, Myloninja13,

with 6 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

day five will end in (expired on 2018-08-31 07:00:00)

mod notes:

- skitter30 v/la Fridays & Saturdays
- hangman anyone? --a--
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1851 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:32 pm

Post by the worst »

Cardi B has been prodded.
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1852 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:46 pm

Post by ofrhz »

In post 1847, skitter30 wrote:Idk

My best guess is that he was either trying to claim his way out of a lynch and/or try to force a cc

I'm feeling a little bit lost rn

I don't think it's ausuka or ofrhz, and probably not mylo either

I don't particularly townread sando but i dont particularly scumread him either. I do think that its kinda risky for scum!sando to start a thing on town!ausuka and not to back down here tho

My townread on cardi is kinda fading
The doc claim was kind of a suboptimal claim imo

I think given the town mob trajectory of lol-lynching in that pool of people above Ausuka in the draft, AP could've just... claimed VT and sat back as he watched us shoot fish in that barrel of players (who are also more likely to be PRs since they're mostly higher in the draft than he was). Like I don't understand why it was optimal to claim Doc here and run the risk of a CC.

Current working theory is that maybe the scumteam knew there was a doc/rb in play and wanted to do a 1v1 trade? (like have AP suicide claim Doc to out the real doctor) That would pretty heavily implicate the people below Enigma (i.e. Bujaber, Sando, and me) (i.e. not Cardi)
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1853 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:47 pm

Post by ofrhz »

@duckling
, e?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1854 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:51 pm

Post by skitter30 »

Huh, i hadnt thought of that

I'm not sure though if scum that far down tries for the doc/rb slot though, given that it's pretty likely to have been taken already (i dont know if town that far down does either actually)
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1855 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:10 pm

Post by ofrhz »

Enigma was pretty far down; I guess he might've yolo picked it. Admittedly it is less likely for scum to yolo pick a role than it is for town
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1856 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:45 pm

Post by Ausuka »

In post 1842, Sando wrote:
In post 1840, Ausuka wrote:mylo how confident are you in your brass tr?

inclined to say we resolve sando / me today? not sure why sando is talking up how towny mylo is while saying that cardi is fairly null but saying mylo is the better lynch.
Because I pulled out a singular action and said it doesn't make sense as scum?

The shade is noted though.
if your only comment on somebody is that something they did doesn't make sense from scum, that is a townread, yes.

I think you've got that backwards. "Shade" isn't when you give reasoning that somebody is scum while voting for them. An example of "shade" would be if someone fought over the course of multiple days to make a mislynch option viable while refusing to give an actual read on that person.
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
Myloninja13
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1857 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:14 pm

Post by Myloninja13 »

Okay I think Sando is probably the best lynch for today, I think I'm solid on both {Skitter, Cardi} town and not particularly thinking of ofrhz.

VOTE: Sando
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1858 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:20 pm

Post by Sando »

In post 1852, ofrhz wrote:
In post 1847, skitter30 wrote:Idk

My best guess is that he was either trying to claim his way out of a lynch and/or try to force a cc

I'm feeling a little bit lost rn

I don't think it's ausuka or ofrhz, and probably not mylo either

I don't particularly townread sando but i dont particularly scumread him either. I do think that its kinda risky for scum!sando to start a thing on town!ausuka and not to back down here tho

My townread on cardi is kinda fading
The doc claim was kind of a suboptimal claim imo

I think given the town mob trajectory of lol-lynching in that pool of people above Ausuka in the draft, AP could've just... claimed VT and sat back as he watched us shoot fish in that barrel of players (who are also more likely to be PRs since they're mostly higher in the draft than he was). Like I don't understand why it was optimal to claim Doc here and run the risk of a CC.

Current working theory is that maybe the scumteam knew there was a doc/rb in play and wanted to do a 1v1 trade? (like have AP suicide claim Doc to out the real doctor) That would pretty heavily implicate the people below Enigma (i.e. Bujaber, Sando, and me) (i.e. not Cardi)
But why doc? Like why not something investigative or the like? They obviously didn't have RB to stop the subsequent doc, who they left alive anyway! I guess if they'd forced something like a cop to claim and left the doc up and unclaimed it'd get protected and not much they can do about it.

I'd agree with your suggestion that it makes a lot more sense if they knew there was a doc out there, and yeah that says me, you or Mylo.
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1859 (ISO) » Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:25 pm

Post by Sando »

In post 1852, ofrhz wrote:I think given the town mob trajectory of lol-lynching in that pool of people above Ausuka in the draft, AP could've just... claimed VT and sat back as he watched us shoot fish in that barrel of players (who are also more likely to be PRs since they're mostly higher in the draft than he was). Like I don't understand why it was optimal to claim Doc here and run the risk of a CC.
Wait you think AP was gonna survive a VT claim? I seriously doubt that.
Cardi B
Cardi B
Goon
Cardi B
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1860 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:55 am

Post by Cardi B »

Sorry shitty activity I been on that grind

Doin stuff within (expired on 2018-08-29 21:00:00)
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1861 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:16 am

Post by ofrhz »

In post 1858, Sando wrote:
But why doc?
Like why not something investigative or the like? They obviously didn't have RB to stop the subsequent doc, who they left alive anyway! I guess if they'd forced something like a cop to claim and left the doc up and unclaimed it'd get protected and not much they can do about it.

I'd agree with your suggestion that it makes a lot more sense if they knew there was a doc out there, and yeah that says me, you or Mylo.
Yeah that's the gist of what I was wondering as well.
In post 1859, Sando wrote:
In post 1852, ofrhz wrote:I think given the town mob trajectory of lol-lynching in that pool of people above Ausuka in the draft, AP could've just... claimed VT and sat back as he watched us shoot fish in that barrel of players (who are also more likely to be PRs since they're mostly higher in the draft than he was). Like I don't understand why it was optimal to claim Doc here and run the risk of a CC.
Wait you think AP was gonna survive a VT claim? I seriously doubt that.
Mm maybe not, but I think it would've triggered a chain of claims from those people at the least. I guess I'm less interested in why he didn't claim VT and more interested in why he claimed doc. I can't really think of a great explanation, so maybe they were looking to out a possible doc / gambled on there not being a doc / what you said about avoid outing an investigative CC and having a possible doctor protect them makes sense (although this last possibility also increases the chances of scum knowing there was a doc/rb).
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1862 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:18 am

Post by ofrhz »

Everyone should vote soon. I have a feeling we'll be deadlocked, and compromises will have to be made
Myloninja13
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Myloninja13
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1863 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:00 am

Post by Myloninja13 »

@Duckling, is your word "Quack" :P
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1864 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:17 am

Post by Sando »

In post 1861, ofrhz wrote:I can't really think of a great explanation, so maybe they were looking to out a possible doc / gambled on there not being a doc / what you said about avoid outing an investigative CC and having a possible doctor protect them makes sense (although this last possibility also increases the chances of scum knowing there was a doc/rb).
There is/was no investigative is there? If they somehow knew there was a cop/rolecop then you fakeclaim the doc and bait the investigation onto your PGO. But without the confirmation that there's an investigative why do that?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1865 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:49 am

Post by skitter30 »

continuing with cardi, starting at 1349

-> - i don't know if scum put themselves in the lynchpool. now that i think about it, her lynchpool (cardi, vulcan, music) consists of the lynchbait-y people and iirc she was on both of those lynches

-> i think scum probably doesn't say that ap was more likely to hammer if the other scum were on the wagon if they themselves were on the wagon

-> i had forgetten about this, but reading through day4 again i'm again seeing those vibes where she kinda seems like she just wanted to get out of the game. i kinda feel like she just didn't care how that happened, be it nk from fakinig a cop claim, or via lynch. i guess, idk. i can kidna understand why last scum would be fatalistic in that position, but i think she did sort of expect to be nk'd imo in and scum don't naturally kinda imply that they expect to be nk'd

-> idk i still kinda feel like faking cop is kinda ballsy and just attracts the wrong kind of scruity that scum would try to avoid if they want to try to make endgame as last scum, unless she really didn't think she had a chance of winning and just wanted the game to end already

-> start of day4 she did seem kinda ... i don't know the right word, manic almost, kinda waiting in thread to see how she'd be percieved now that she outed that she was faking

-> scum!her would have to take it back because mechanically clearing someone each night is kinda mechanical suicide + she'd have to explain why she wasn't dead at endgame

-> i don't like how she went from hypo-inno'ing vulcan day3 to pushing his mislynch day4; if she's scum she kinda went the easy route of pushing someone very mislynchable; specifically how she changed her mind that ap wouldn't vote a scumbuddy at the end of day2 to saying that ap could have voted his buddy.

-> i think her scumhunting post-fake-claim feels kinda genuine though? like , also like

-> idk her activity during much of day5 feels kinda float-y if that makes sense

tldr - her associatives with ap/vizzy are kinda icky. i'm still kinda stuck on the fake-claim thing; i just don't know if last scum invites that sort of scrutiny at that point. i am also wondering if she just thought she was fucked after the two scumflips and just kinda wanted the game to end so didn't care about the implications of the claim that much; once she was not a major lynch candidate her activity picked up.

brass's associatives with vizzy are also kinda meh

on associatives i think her slot is kidna where i'd expect a partner to be for most of the game; the vizzy vote didn't seem like the culmination of a natural scumread + townreading both ap and vizzy earlier + voting for ap's cw + brass's vizzy distancing

i guess the fake-claim thing to me depends on how she views day3 as scum, and whether or not she likes playing it; if she doesn't like playing scum the day3/day4 fatalism is also kinda what i think scum may have been thinking around there-ish

i do think that her scumhunting later game feels kinda genuine tho; also i'm not sure if last-scum really does make a shitty cop fake-claim that they'd have to recant shortly thereafter; i feel like she'd have more concern over the optics of such a fake-claim as scum

i don't know if the towniness of her lategame scumhunting outweighs the associatives

i'm also thinking that i don't really want cardi's slot to be in mylo if we're wrong today
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1866 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:49 am

Post by skitter30 »

@cardi: do you like playing scum?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1867 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:50 am

Post by skitter30 »

i want to try to iso sando before deadline too
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1868 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:59 am

Post by Sando »

In post 1865, skitter30 wrote:-> i don't like how she went from hypo-inno'ing vulcan day3 to pushing his mislynch day4; if she's scum she kinda went the easy route of pushing someone very mislynchable; specifically how she changed her mind that ap wouldn't vote a scumbuddy at the end of day2 to saying that ap could have voted his buddy.
Do you think the hypo-inno in isolation is scummy? Like is this a town-action to hypo-inno that subsequently is scummy because they pushed the lynch on their hypo-inno? Or do you think the hypo-inno itself is at least somewhat scummy?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1869 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:27 pm

Post by skitter30 »

i think that dropping it to support a lynch on a fairly lynch-bait-y player is scummy; scum!her needs those mislynches

wrt the whole hypo-inno thing itself - i think is anti-town but not very likely to come from scum in a vaccuum because i feel like last-scum wouldn't want to deliberately put themselves in a scummy position where they can be pushed for faking a claim; like if last-scum wants to make endgame making up a bad hypo-inno fake-claim thing that they recant after a day is not the way to really evade scrutiny; this is why i was townreading her earlier

the thing is that rereading i saw again that a lot of her posts in that part of the game are kinda fatalistic and don't really seem to be coming from the perspective that she wants to survive the game long-term at all; i think day3 scum!cardi may have just felt like she was in an untenuous position and just kinda tried whatever came to mind to see how far she could get but wasn't really planning long-term, and that upon realizing it was unviable long-term recanted

basically i think that the hypo-inno thing is unlikely to come from scum who is trying to play long-term but if she thought she was fucked she may have just tried it to get people off her back just then without worrying about the long-term implications; the fact that her posts from around there indicate that she wanted to die and/or wanted the game to end kinda supports this imo

i wish i knew who she was so i can check if she likes playing scum in a general sense - i feel like someone who doesn't like to play scum and/or is less confident about their scumgame is less likely to try to pull something like that as scum there
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1870 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:32 pm

Post by Sando »

Do you think Cardi's whole schtick comes from someone who doesn't like scum but drew it?

So Hypo-inno is townie
Removing the Hypo-inno to get a lynch is scummy?

Fair to say?

Do you think the hypo-inno needed to be removed to get the vulcan lynch? Unless Cardi was the 2nd choice for lynch, didn't really need to be done as scum?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1871 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:40 pm

Post by skitter30 »

'whole shtick' - you mean the cardi roleplay or the hypo-inno?

cardi roleplay is kinda nai; i think that rp in general is anti-town + kinda scummy if people make their posts hard to read on purpose but she moderated the roleplay when people said they were having trouble reading it and is willing ot translate so i don't think it's scummy here

i think the hypo-inno may have come from cornered scum who didn't think they would survive long and didn't really want to play out the game and/or didn't think they could play out the game and was just kinda trying to see what they could get to stick without thinking about the long-term implications

hypo-inno itself i don't think comes from scum in most cases; i think negating a clear on someone you'd need to mislynch is scummy

day3 people were playing around lynching vulcan because of the hypo-inno so if that was still in play i don't know if vulcan would have gotten lynched that day
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1872 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:42 pm

Post by Sando »

Roleplay - ie I don't see someone who dislikes scum or is worried about playing scum then go out and put on this act. It's a confident player is what I'm saying, one way or the other.
Sando
Sando
Mafia Scum
Sando
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1873 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:51 pm

Post by Sando »

In post 1871, skitter30 wrote:day3 people were playing around lynching vulcan because of the hypo-inno so if that was still in play i don't know if vulcan would have gotten lynched that day
Wait timeline me here, I'm confused:

D3 we massclaim, Cardi hypo-innos Vulcan
D3 we lynch CJ
D4 we lynch Vulcan

When in that was the hypo-inno exactly and when was the retraction/attack?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1874 (ISO) » Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:56 pm

Post by skitter30 »

i thought she was doing it to make it harder to figure out her main tbh; i've seen scum before use the rp to make it harder for people to read them as they normally would (alisae in mkultra)

i kinda want her to talk about how she views her scumgame

day3 massclaim, hypo-innos vulcan; lynchpool was cj/vulcan/cardi; day3 we lynch cj; beginning of day4 she retracts it and pushes vulcan and we lynch vulcan

Return to “Completed Open Games”