Gamma Emerald (0):
Invisibility (0):
KuroiXHF (0):
Whemestar (0):
Skygazer (0):
Creature (0):
Nero Cain (0):
The Meme Men (0):

Not Voting: Sora, Aristophanes, KuroiXHF, Mastina, Lady Angel, Jingle, Gamma Emerald, Varsoon, Nicorobin, Invisibility, Vecna

With 20 alive it's 11 to lynch.

The day will end in (expired on 2018-11-04 17:00:00).
Last edited by RadiantCowbells on Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
NicoRobin
NicoRobin
Mafia Scum
NicoRobin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4651 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:32 am

Post by NicoRobin »

In post 4649, Vecna wrote:Like ive called you a she in 99/100 of my posts concerning you, and I make a mistake once and you flip out? Wtf is your problem.
I am pissed off because people expect me to call them by correct pronoun all the time and flip out on me when I don't, but will not extend the same courtesy to me. >.>
NicoRobin
NicoRobin
Mafia Scum
NicoRobin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4652 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:33 am

Post by NicoRobin »

Basically, I flipped out to show all of you how that feels.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #4653 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:35 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 4648, Vecna wrote:
In post 4639, Gamma Emerald wrote:HURT: Jingle, NicoRobin, Vecna
Honestly these are slots I’d want cleared up, I’m setting aside personal reads at this point because that’s not gonna happen with where my focus is at
The point of this exercise is that you share your actual personal reads with us ya scumbucket
I wanted to do that, but I was never going to get to the point where I could do that
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4654 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2018 2:36 am

Post by jjh927 »

In post 4651, NicoRobin wrote:I am pissed off because people expect me to call them by correct pronoun all the time and flip out on me when I don't, but will not extend the same courtesy to me. >.>
Since we're doing posts unrelated to the game, I'll hit you with just the one and hopefully it will give you some perspective.

Gender identity is of mixed importance to different people, but the most likely to get actively angry when the wrong pronoun is used are those who experience dysphoria when misgendered. The vast majority of even these people, however, will understand that A. people can make mistakes and B. most people on the internet will default to assuming other people are male. It becomes an issue when it seems like a personal attack; that someone has made the mistake so many times and been corrected on it each time. Alternatively, at that point, it would be total disrespect, as the person simply makes no effort to use the correct pronouns for different people. Sometimes people actually use that as a defence. It is not a defence. It is just a different way of being a bad person.

However, this whole "That person is a bad person" thing is very much a multiple-strikes issue. It seems immensely unlikely that any significant percentage of people has, in fact, flipped out on you for a single incorrect pronoun usage. Furthermore, what you are essentially trying to do is expose an uncommon hypocrisy with blatant hypocrisy. What is it you are fighting for? Do you just want to flip out after someone uses the incorrect pronoun once? Or do you want to be able to make the odd mistake now and then? Because the first is questionable, the second is already the case, and the two are incompatible.
In post 4652, NicoRobin wrote:Basically, I flipped out to show all of you how that feels.
Ah. There is what you are fighting for. Understand that you serve as a harmful caricature of those to whom this is an important issue.
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #4655 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:01 am

Post by Chickadee »

I'm probably due for a prod. Please make this day end.
Instagram: BoneSpellArts

"Yo I'm so good at anime girls" - pj
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #4656 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:03 am

Post by Varsoon »

As someone who grew up with more online friends than real-life friends, I always considered people's identity to be far more tied up in what they had to say/share rather than who they were physically. I do try to respect folks online, but I tend to value gender far less as a marker of identity than a lot of people do.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #4657 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:07 am

Post by Varsoon »

Spoiler: More off-topic posts
And, yes, I do realize that gender is a social construct rather than a physical aspect of a person.
That said, most people do not perform their gender nearly as much in online interactions, which is why it continues to be something that is very secondary to me when considering others online. It's only when someone insists upon their gender as a major part of their identity and that gender clearly affects and informs their content that I consider it a larger part of who they are. That said, I find that considering gender as a core part of one's identity is problematic for several reasons, so it's something that I tend to avoid doing.
Lady Angel
Lady Angel
Goon
Lady Angel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4658 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:33 am

Post by Lady Angel »

I very much understand why identity is important, especially to trans or non-binary people, and I do understand the frustration. However, yelling at somebody every time it happens is not the way to get them to change their behaviour, and it's more likely to make people go "wow, these people are..." than it is to make them understand or feel bad about it. On top of that, understand that people can and do make mistakes, and you have to be receptive of that even if it is annoying. Not every misgender is a targeted attack, and doing this for every mistake is more likely to make people not care what they call you as opposed to the response you're trying to get.
Noble of the house of light. Professional Daydreamer.

Downtown Train Mafia is currently in day 1. PM me if you want to spectate!
NicoRobin
NicoRobin
Mafia Scum
NicoRobin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4659 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:46 am

Post by NicoRobin »

Consider that [redacted] flipped out when I called them by wrong pronoun ONCE, not multiple times, your 'analysis' is wrong.
WhemeStar
WhemeStar
Survivor
WhemeStar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4660 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:59 am

Post by WhemeStar »

Mastinas role is dumb let’s just kill mastina
Im a dog that quacks
NicoRobin
NicoRobin
Mafia Scum
NicoRobin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4661 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:30 am

Post by NicoRobin »

In post 4660, WhemeStar wrote:Mastinas role is dumb let’s just kill mastina
Good luck with that. They prefer getting endgamed by her than lynching her, they said as much themselves.
Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #4662 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:38 am

Post by Chickadee »

I would love to kill Mastina. I've lost all ambition to play the game. Either Mastina needs to come in and gladiate early in the day phase (because hey, we can still talk after that!), or she needs to die so we can stop all this wifomy back and forth. No one has to contribute real reads, and scum can just hide behind Mastina's role with some pretty easy reasoning.
Instagram: BoneSpellArts

"Yo I'm so good at anime girls" - pj
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4663 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:13 am

Post by Porkens »

I think the problem isn't using the wrong pronoun but becoming indignant when asked to change behavior.
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he or she

Post Post #4664 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:16 am

Post by Invisibility »

poopy
Invisibility is actually AWESOME!
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4665 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:17 am

Post by Invisibility »

can we lynch nicorobin
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4666 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:18 am

Post by jjh927 »

Mastina going missing and the game not being able to progress is a good example of what many of us are concerned about
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4667 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:19 am

Post by Invisibility »

you guys should start a wagon on me
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4668 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:31 am

Post by Nero Cain »

thought Varsoon would at least have a reaction to being scum read.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #4669 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:33 am

Post by Skygazer »

oh this game is still a thing
pretend this is an insightful signature pls & ty
replacement queue
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #4670 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:34 am

Post by Jingle »

@mod: mastina has been due a prod for 42 hours. Also, where are we at on the Kuroi replacement.
This is a Parachute.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #4671 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:37 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

No one has volunteered, Mastina has been prodded.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #4672 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:46 am

Post by Jingle »

Look, hard truth time.

Do you guys actually want to continue playing this game?

I am committed. I'm here until game end or I die. If no one WANTS to play, that's fine. We can chalk this one up to a UPick taken by too many replacements. Hell with the trouble RC's already had with replacements and keeping up with the game, I doubt he'd be too upset to be able to call it himself.

But as long as I'm here, playing this game, I'm going to do whatever I can to give town the best chance to win. I'm going to do my best to fight the thread apathy and get things moving. But I'm not going to give up on winning in order to do so.

Let's look at where we actually are right now. I'm at L-1. A single vote from being hammered. We're stuck waiting on replacements, sure, but that doesn't really change much. Kuroi has needed replacement for 5 days. A bunch of people either don't want to play this game or are at a high risk for replacement anyway. We have 187 pages of information, and yet there are still people who have a suspicious lack of suspicion of anything in their ISO's.

If we're not going to play mafia, then let's not drag this shit out. If you want the game called, I suggest PM'ing the mod about it. Because besides this post, there's literally nothing I can do.

Thanks man, sorry the setup has been so replacement heavy. FWIW, I don't blame you.
This is a Parachute.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #4673 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:51 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 4668, Nero Cain wrote:thought Varsoon would at least have a reaction to being scum read.
Am I being scumread? I thought a bunch of garbage people were voting me for a lynch until someone told me it was so I could be gladiated and then I was more fine with it.
It's really whatever.
In post 4672, Jingle wrote:Look, hard truth time.
Do you guys actually want to continue playing this game?
If no one WANTS to play, that's fine. We can chalk this one up to a UPick taken by too many replacements. Hell with the trouble RC's already had with replacements and keeping up with the game, I doubt he'd be too upset to be able to call it himself.
I wanna play this game. It's why I replaced IN in the first place.
No mod deserves to have their game abandoned to apathy.
That shit hurts.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #4674 (ISO) » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:51 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 4650, RadiantCowbells wrote:this will be a vc
WHERE'S IT AT, THO?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”