Overkill 1: Serenity/Firefly (GAME OVER)

Nancy Drew Shogunate
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3325 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:00 pm

Post by Nancy Drew Shogunate »

nancy is very out of her scumrange in this page already and everyone that knows her (unfortunately nobody in this game) can tell it apart.

but check heroes wanted game, that's her only scum game. especially you, cheeky. do some iso diving cause nancy is playing an emotionally sincere game, and is as transparent as you are. if you don't wanna go through this, just remember d1. you cleared me for a very smart thing you noticed. you can read through my emotions. you know me and at some point in this game, you knew I was town. I understand the set up is hard with the 3ps but you can tell I'm town. I believe you can do it much better than everyone else in this game.
Hydra of Toranaga and Nancy Drew 39

見ぬが花

Not seeing is a flower
ruru
ruru
Mafia Scum
ruru
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3326 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:02 pm

Post by ruru »

votecountWith 16 alive it takes 9 to lynch.

Tails (5):
Reasonably Rational (2914),Flicker (2952),Chara (3104),Malakittens (3110),Elsa Jay (3182),
Light Ethos (2):
Chickadee (2988),BuJaber (3058),
BuJaber (2):
Tails (3066),Gamma Emerald (3113),
Nancy Drew Shogunate (2):
Thor665 (2092),CheekyTeeky (3292),
CheekyTeeky (2):
Light Ethos (2985),Nancy Drew Shogunate (3312),
Chickadee (1):
Toogeloo (2872),
Not voting (2):
Aristophanes (2912),Jingle (3143),

(expired on 2018-10-29 22:00:00) remain.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #3327 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:03 pm

Post by Chara »

In post 3325, Nancy Drew Shogunate wrote:ancy is very out of her scumrange in this page already and everyone that knows her (unfortunately nobody in this game) can tell it apart.
i've never seen scum nancy but if it helps i'm townreading all of her posts and don't want to lynch you.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3328 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:07 pm

In post 3327, Chara wrote:
In post 3325, Nancy Drew Shogunate wrote:ancy is very out of her scumrange in this page already and everyone that knows her (unfortunately nobody in this game) can tell it apart.
i've never seen scum nancy but if it helps i'm townreading all of her posts and don't want to lynch you.
I love playing with you chara. too bad it almost never happens.

-tor

見ぬが花

Not seeing is a flower
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #3329 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:11 pm

Post by Chara »

i took a several month hiatus, that's probably why.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Nancy Drew Shogunate
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3330 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:17 pm

skimmed through mala to have context on her lyncher claim. she feels genuine around it and I have a hard time seeing why actual pack scum would fakeclaim that.

what did mcmenno soft?

見ぬが花

Not seeing is a flower
CheekyTeeky
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
CheekyTeeky
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3331 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:36 pm

Post by CheekyTeeky »

In post 3319, Nancy Drew Shogunate wrote:
In post 3315, Chara wrote:it's hard to obvtown when you're inactive, to be fair.
This is the thing. Cheeky is deliberately misrepresenting what I actually said and she damn well knows it. Jump on us for what we actually did say, not agenday of what was really said. And I’m well aware and I was planning to make up for this on Day 3. I’ve been dealing with a lot and Cheeky is trying to taunt me for some reason -I’m still not sure to what end.

I love her selective reading uncomprehension. When Tails pushed on her she had a meltdown but fails to see hypocrisy in what she’s doing here. I think that irks me more than anything.
It's not the same thing at all. I haven't once insulted your intelligence, called you worthless or made you feel stupid. Beetlejuicing and omgus ARE outdated scum tells. If you think I'm misrepping you that's fine I'm not personally attacking you I just think you're scum. I don't think you're being genuine at all tbh. But I could be wrong. Also, thanks for throwing my meltdown in my face, that really shows your colours.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3332 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:53 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

I am very okay with a Tails lynch as we go on.

I am slao behind and htis is going to be a perpetual staate for a while.
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #3333 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:54 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Most of those were words...
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #3334 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:02 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 3285, Reasonably Rational wrote:
In post 3251, CheekyTeeky wrote:
In post 3249, Reasonably Rational wrote:Aligned with Serenity comes from the Sample town role pm. And you are misreading that post. Flicker did not have the same awareness displayed by {Cheeky, Jingles, chara} which makes them (Flicker) more likely to be scum than town.

~D
Oh. Ok I can see what you're seeing.

What do you make of Toogeloo saying that he's town but that he also had no flavour in their role PM?
Spoiler: Toog discussing flavour
In post 45, Toogeloo wrote:
In post 10, Chickadee wrote:idk who I am
Neither do I. My flavor was cut out "to be revealed later."
In post 16, CheekyTeeky wrote:Is it bad that I townread everyone except RC, Tor and Chickadee?
Most impressive since like half the game hadn't posted yet.
In post 180, Toogeloo wrote:Joke went over too many heads.

Mod did not, nor did I ask, reveal my flavor. I don't know what I am.
In post 1987, Toogeloo wrote:Flavor wise... I "might" be River since, ya know, everyone wants to find her and me taking action would of course make all heads turn my way.
In post 2716, Toogeloo wrote:For the record, I do not have any flavor between the 1 and 2 RR was looking for.

My Role PM is simply...
"You are
[REDACTED]
. You are a
Lightning Rod
[Explanation of Lightning Rod]
. You win when all threats to the Serenity Crew are gone."

I am not Compulsive.

I'll also happily lynch any 3rd party claim, but that's not the same as actively hunting for 3rd party.
That's why I said the problem isn't solely the ignorance, but also the RETICENCE to discuss the matter. It's the attitude they approached that line of questioning with; evasion, then a claim of being afraid of being modkilled, then finally posting *something* that corresponds exactly to the sample role pm given. The last part is immaterial, but the fact that the conversation didn't start with that is a red flag to us.
In post 3258, Light Ethos wrote:
In post 3237, Reasonably Rational wrote:Their reticence and lack of the (as we view it) possibly clearing awareness displayed by cheeky, jingles, and
chara
makes them more likely to be scum than town.
Can you expand on Chara here?
I'd need to go look through their quotes, but they did definitely act as though they had seen the same thing jingles saw; reevaluation in depth is necessary to gauge how strongly I should townread them as a result of those posts however. It's important to note that the knowledge displayed by these slots does *not* conftown them; it's a simple logical deduction to look at the only significant interaction we had with flicker, and the critical difference between the sample role PM and the scum flip(that is, the clear warning that town do not have flavor) and realize that there was SOMETHING in at least our role PM that didn't match up and was making us suspicious. In spite of the possibility that observant scum could have faked these reactions, those slots are off the table for lynching today at least.
In post 3269, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 3230, Reasonably Rational wrote:
In post 3227, Jingle wrote:
In post 3226, Reasonably Rational wrote:Per the OP. I don't think anything from the comics should be considered likely inspiration for events/roles here, but it's possible.
That's entirely missing the point. The point isn't that they died in the comics. The point is that they were never even referenced in the movie.

The first of the two videos is about the movie. Entirely about the movie.

The characters you are saying make the most sense for the clue don't appear in the movie.

Therefore, said characters are unlikely to be referenced through specifically a clue centered around the movie.

I'm not disputing that the angle of "They're focused on Simon and River, therefore videos of Simon and River." makes sense. I'm arguing that including a video of the portion of the flavor for which the character is conspicuously absent is a shitty way to leave a clue about the character.

Your case is built on two pieces of evidence that I believe to be counterindicative. A result from Chick suggesting NOT HoB and a crumb from NR suggesting HoB.
I disagree with the conclusion that the absence of HoB from the film means the slot can't be HoB.

-Cerb

pedit: Look at Drixx using all the words to say what I was saying. :P
How does that make any sense?
How does what make sense Gamma? I don't entirely understand what you're getting at. The game is based on both the film and the tv show. The use of material from the movie in clues that are clearly focused on characters in both mediums does not mean that a character which interacts with that character in just one medium can't be the subject.
In post 3284, Chickadee wrote:
In post 3274, BuJaber wrote:Chick ask the mod what happens if you cop the same person twice. Do you get new clues or the same ones?
I’ve asked, but regardless of answer, I’m not interested in wasting days to cop people multiple times.

I’m not interested in a tails or a flicker lynch based on reasons provided. I think there’s compelling evidence to suggest tails is town. Even without the results I got, I think their play has been town today.

@RR I also don’t have flavor textin my pm. It’s just [REDACTED], role, explain roll.

Can we all get on a McMenno lynch?
No we can't. See my response to Thor below.

@Thor: Forgot to quote, sorry. I am not hard towning NDS. I am, however, unwilling to vote anywhere that I believe is less likely to find scum than Flicker and Tails, and NDS falls into that category(as does McMenno).

-Cerb
That’s severe mental gymnastics though.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Tails
Tails
Goon
Tails
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3335 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:32 pm

Post by Tails »

In post 3287, Reasonably Rational wrote:Tails - You don't get to say that Nico "just flaked". Nico literally crossed into game throwing territory in another game (again; now complete) with the claim of not enough time to play. Suicided out of that game by desperado shooting me. But
intentionally
remained in this game, despite this game being a much heavier load and more time consuming.

What motive explains that?

I understand why you both ignored this the first time around and
then
tried to drop bullshit into the game to get people to believe that Nico just "flaked" but ... that doesn't hold up to any kind of scrutiny.

~D
You guys didn't replace in. Nico didn't replace out upon seeing you enter sign-ups. So it appears she was set on playing the game with you guys in it. You both admitted in the queue that you were carrying grudges against each other. She voted you first chance she got. And now you're carrying a vendetta against her slot. From what it sounds like, your last game together was very different as far as circumstances go, where she had the ability to both act on her grudge and take both of you out of the game. You're assuming the same sort of utility was available to her here. It was not. You're assuming that she would have replaced out sooner instead of prod dodging and flaking, because she acted earlier in your other game. But she didn't /out when she saw you sign up, so what makes you really think that she'd replace out immediately as either alignment here? The fact remains that there's evidence suggesting she really wanted to play this game and then couldn't for whatever reason. I have further evidence that suggests to me that she just flaked out and never came back. That's not me speculating. That's me knowing. If you have a grudge against Nico, fine. Work that out on your own time. But leave me out of it. Otherwise, this whole endeavor is just really dishonest.
Tails
Tails
Goon
Tails
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3336 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:33 pm

Post by Tails »

I am very okay with an Ari lynch, btw.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #3337 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:37 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Can we not.

To both of the last posts :P

Tails, wanna 1v1? hat could be fun :)
- Jingle
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #3338 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:57 pm

Post by Jingle »

My apathy is strong and I'm prolly not gonna catch up tonight because I love Netflix more than all of you. Sorry.

I'm around and will compromise on pretty much anyone I haven't expressed outright reticence to lynching should we need at deadline, including Tails.

Tails is not my preferred lynch. I'm man enough to admit that part of that is that I thoroughly enjoy playing games with him and that is coloring my perceptions.
This is a Parachute.
Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #3339 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:00 pm

Post by Chickadee »

It's actually a 1v2, because I will continue to go to bat for that slot.

And I'm also kind of ok with an Ari lynch right now.
Instagram: BoneSpellArts

"Yo I'm so good at anime girls" - pj
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #3340 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:03 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Can I at least know who everyone's second choice for a lynch is if I am lynched? :)
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #3341 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:03 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Like, Imma flip town so I can at least make a case you guys can know is from a town perspective for/against your secondary scumreads :)
- Jingle
Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #3342 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:11 pm

Post by Chickadee »

I haven't looked at associative reads with you yet. And I'm very sleepy at the moment, so I can do it sometime, but not right now.

Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #3343 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:12 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 3342, Chickadee wrote:I haven't looked at associative reads with you yet. And I'm very sleepy at the moment, so I can do it sometime, but not right now.
For the purposes of this exercise can we assume I flip town? :)
- Jingle
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3344 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:14 pm

Post by Reasonably Rational »

Tails, neither of us have a grudge against Nico, and I very much doubt she actually has a grudge against us. As a matter of fact, she invited our hydra to join her in another game she was in during the first day phase of this game. None of us have any problems with playing with the others.

None of that changes the fact that when faced with an overwhelming amount of *stuff* to deal with, such that she felt it best to suicide out of a game, she chose to stay in this game. Whatever motivation you want to ascribe to that is up to you.

@Gamma: Really Gamma? Mental gymnastics? Please tell me you're capable of saying more than that in an attempt to dissuade me from a position I'm holding.

-Cerb
Show
"We'll see who is bad at mafia after I've lynched you." - RadiantCowbells

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

A hydra of Drixx and Cerberus v666
Chickadee
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Chickadee
Slightly Sketchy
Slightly Sketchy

Post Post #3345 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:15 pm

Post by Chickadee »

In post 3343, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 3342, Chickadee wrote:I haven't looked at associative reads with you yet. And I'm very sleepy at the moment, so I can do it sometime, but not right now.
When I get around to it, I'll look at it both ways if it will make you happy.

Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #3346 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:18 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 3345, Chickadee wrote:
In post 3343, Aristophanes wrote:
When I get around to it, I'll look at it both ways if it will make you happy.
You da best <3
- Jingle
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #3347 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:34 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 3344, Reasonably Rational wrote:Tails, neither of us have a grudge against Nico, and I very much doubt she actually has a grudge against us. As a matter of fact, she invited our hydra to join her in another game she was in during the first day phase of this game. None of us have any problems with playing with the others.

None of that changes the fact that when faced with an overwhelming amount of *stuff* to deal with, such that she felt it best to suicide out of a game, she chose to stay in this game. Whatever motivation you want to ascribe to that is up to you.

@Gamma: Really Gamma? Mental gymnastics? Please tell me you're capable of saying more than that in an attempt to dissuade me from a position I'm holding.

-Cerb
Admittedly the meta dive was a while ago and focused on something else, but I can't remember NR voluntarily replacing. I do remember her being replaced for p-dodging many times, as both alignments. I could check if absolutely necessary.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #3348 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:41 pm

Post by Jingle »

Sorry, Ari, but if you or Tails flips town the more important info from my PoV is who scum shoots and what character you flip as. If tails flips scum I definitely think Thor is suspicious based on how he pushed TPFKAF as an alternative to the NR lurkerwagon. If Chick and Flicker don't die I'd advocate a Flicker rolecop, because that one is the role with the clearest flavor/role relationship. I'd rather EJ not protect me tonight, tbh, because I think there are better options.

I think with the number of softclaims/crumbs I've seen in the thread Massclaim D3 might well be in order.
This is a Parachute.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #3349 (ISO) » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:26 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 3282, Tails wrote:@Thor: I don't think Nancy is happening. Who's your second choice?
Ari or maybe RR would be my next preferred. I'd probably compromise onto McMeeno.
Considering what Jingle just said about their thoughts on our roles and my expected thoughts on your flip maybe you :lol:
In post 3285, Reasonably Rational wrote:@Thor: Forgot to quote, sorry. I am not hard towning NDS. I am, however, unwilling to vote anywhere that I believe is less likely to find scum than Flicker and Tails, and NDS falls into that category(as does McMenno).
:neutral:
In post 3344, Reasonably Rational wrote:@Gamma: Really Gamma? Mental gymnastics? Please tell me you're capable of saying more than that in an attempt to dissuade me from a position I'm holding.
As someone who has been basically agreeing with Gamma's thoughts here, allow me to tag team in.

You do appear to be bending hard to suggest scum results.
Movies lack HoB - so video is unconnected in that way.
Video results from claimed cop that just show Serenity crew over and over - it's because scum are coming after them.
Nico played like a derphead in a game, ergo she was not lurking and was content to game throw or something so would do anything in this game (while doing spit all and flaking out).

Every piece of evidence is somehow evidence for your case, and that's the core evidence of a tunnel.

I agree that the '2' thing is suspect as hell, there is a big issue there and I haven't been thrilled by any answers that explain it away.
But I find it unlikely a maf would fake a cop to protect a buddy, and the cop result is a *stretch* to call a scum result.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”