Springtrap
Springtrap
Goon
Springtrap
Goon
Goon

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:46 pm

Post by Springtrap »

I looked through the userposts feature and it doesnt show anyone by the name of Volxen despite the mod putting that down. But then I clicked the link and realized they replaced the worst. I was null on that person before they disappeared, so I'm still null on them.
"He'll come back... He always does."
THE MEME MEN
THE MEME MEN
Goon
THE MEME MEN
Goon
Goon

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:57 pm

Post by THE MEME MEN »

What do you think about him replacing into this game and then posting to other games but not saying hello here?

Do you consider that rude, scummy, or [insert other option I can't think of here]?

-rh
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:42 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

I like Nibbui so far. I was looking at his progression and interactions with both MEME and Aster: I can see him genuinely trying to draw out their intentions/motivations for himself and for eachother (not in a scummy-referee way). I feel Nibbui has been the most 'open' voice so far this game, and like their focus on Gamma and MEME.

Aster has begun the game very intense/aggressively:
"✓ Statement meant to look townish;
✓ Statement not actually helpful."
"Lemme get our facts straight"
"Let me walk you through his post."
"More facts:"
"Going Deeper"

He/she is demonstrating confidence, pushing very directly/pointedly and I would say possessing over-confidence/arrogance in their own scum hunting ability which I find interesting (and pretty towny). I want to see them post more in real time though, with a more relaxed disposition.
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:47 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 350, Springtrap wrote:I looked through the userposts feature and it doesnt show anyone by the name of Volxen despite the mod putting that down. But then I clicked the link and realized they replaced the worst. I was null on that person before they disappeared, so I'm still null on them.
:shifty:
I'm still waiting for you to fire your first arrow.
Is your vote still in RVS?
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:51 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

This playerlist is tough, struggling for tangible reads. This is where I need RC to take my hand :giggle:
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:55 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 330, ceejayvinoya wrote:I remember townreading Aster. Springtrap's posts look pretty bland, but nothing there pings as scummy to me yet.
Yeah, Springtap hasn't posted anything outright scummy, but then I just clicked on his ISO... :? I have a feeling he hasn't made a movement so far as to not upset anyone. I need to see him break some egg shells.
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:00 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 278, THE MEME MEN wrote:
In post 197, pinturicchio wrote:Problem is, I'm absolutely baffled by Gamma at this point; I've never seen him put that much effort in any game I've been with him before, and I've seen him as VT, town PR and scum, so I don't know what to say about his effort in here.
i dont think ive seen you even played with GE for awhile until this game. As scum he comes across quite town. As town he's more...casual I guess

-LH
Sorry to beat the Gamma-MEME drum again, but what version of Gamma are you seeing this game?

'coming across quite town'
or
"casual"
? Wasn't sure if this was a meta defence of Gamma.
Nibbui
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 5:58 am

Post by Nibbui »

In post 355, Keyser Söze wrote:
In post 330, ceejayvinoya wrote:I remember townreading Aster. Springtrap's posts look pretty bland, but nothing there pings as scummy to me yet.
Yeah, Springtap hasn't posted anything outright scummy, but then I just clicked on his ISO... :? I have a feeling he hasn't made a movement so far as to not upset anyone. I need to see him break some egg shells.
Mmmmmh, do you think it's a good idea to tell him that right now? Don't you think we could gain more by not saying anything for more some time? :(

I particularly think that not doing anything is pretty telling itself, but we can argue about that I guess
In post 352, Keyser Söze wrote:I like Nibbui so far.
:]
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:12 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 357, Nibbui wrote:Mmmmmh, do you think it's a good idea to tell him that right now? Don't you think we could gain more by not saying anything for more some time? :(

I particularly think that not doing anything is pretty telling itself, but we can argue about that I guess
In a game like this where the scum:town ratio is so high, I feel we need everyone to stand up. We're at a stage where we should be pointing fingers. There is no town PR-gambit to stay low radar.
Blackjacks
Blackjacks
Goon
Blackjacks
Goon
Goon

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:21 am

Post by Blackjacks »

In post 81, pinturicchio wrote:So won't the real jester please stand up?
-r
THE MEME MEN
THE MEME MEN
Goon
THE MEME MEN
Goon
Goon

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:25 am

Post by THE MEME MEN »

So when is the other half of the player list going to show up?

-rh
Clemency
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: any

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:37 am

Post by Clemency »

In post 358, Keyser Söze wrote:
In post 357, Nibbui wrote:Mmmmmh, do you think it's a good idea to tell him that right now? Don't you think we could gain more by not saying anything for more some time? :(

In a game like this where the scum:town ratio is so high, I feel we need everyone to stand up. We're at a stage where we should be pointing fingers. There is no town PR-gambit to stay low radar.
gamers

rise up
"all due respect, the words "Clemency" and "normal" do not belong in the same paragraph" - the worst
THE MEME MEN
THE MEME MEN
Goon
THE MEME MEN
Goon
Goon

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:05 am

Post by THE MEME MEN »

In post 328, Aster wrote:
In post 307, Blackjacks wrote:But you weren't exactly making up mafia theory that you didn't believe; if you were town in that game, there would be a potential mylo from your perspective
I guess that's a fair point. When I posted that warning, I did think it was a justifiable statement from town perspective, which THE MEME MEN may not. It does seem this situation is somewhat different indeed.

It does seem at least clear that THE MEME MEN did not think their statement through even if he were town. Their revised answers answer questions in a way that conflicts with his warning to be careful with voting. (Amusingly THE MEME MEN have been trying to dodge admitting they were wrong to the best extent they can, and then they suddenly fold when I accuse them of being scum?)

Reconsidering with this perspective, why would THE MEME MEN make the post at all? Was he (1) a misguided townie trying to be helpful who ended up making a not well thought-through statement, (2) a mafioso making a not well thought-through statement motivated by his desire to reap towncred by warning the town about a perceived danger, or (3) a mafioso intentionally giving townish-looking advice that he knows doesn't help town?

Looking at it this way, situation (1) seems a bit more plausible than I had initially considered, though (2) sounds very plausible as well. I do believe their subsequent handling of the situation indicates they're scum.
"I aster, said that it's from town. Meme men said it may not.
Meme men cautioned about voting rashly but I think he's scum for saying that?"

What on earth are you even saying here anymore in this tangled web?

-LH
THE MEME MEN
THE MEME MEN
Goon
THE MEME MEN
Goon
Goon

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:07 am

Post by THE MEME MEN »

In post 360, THE MEME MEN wrote:So when is the other half of the player list going to show up?

-rh
From my count, I count 2 others who are willfully not posting here. :shifty:

-LH
Nibbui
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:28 am

Post by Nibbui »

Yeah but don't you think that instead of a PR-gambit he just may not be that interested in solving or getting in conflict and that might means
that
? :cool:
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:47 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

In post 364, Nibbui wrote:

Yeah but don't you think that instead of a PR-gambit he just may not be that interested in solving or getting in conflict and that might means
that
? :cool:
I prefer my narrative right now which stops him from getting comfortable.
Nibbui
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Nibbui
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:50 am

Post by Nibbui »

In post 363, THE MEME MEN wrote:
In post 360, THE MEME MEN wrote:So when is the other half of the player list going to show up?

-rh
From my count, I count 2 others who are willfully not posting here. :shifty:

-LH
One of them is volxen, got it. But who is the other one?

Also, paying close attention to the details, and his last time online (that I'm assuming to be around the moment of his last post), do you think that it's scummy of Volxen to not have posted here yet?
In post 365, Keyser Söze wrote: I prefer my narrative right now which stops him from getting comfortable.
I see, that makes sense I guess :]
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:00 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

Playing in another game with Volx and he’s a no show there too.
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:03 am

Post by volxen »

In post 351, THE MEME MEN wrote:What do you think about him replacing into this game and then posting to other games but not saying hello here?

Do you consider that rude, scummy, or [insert other option I can't think of here]?

-rh
Hello.
In post 88, THE MEME MEN wrote:All this talk about jesters - you guys sure you're in the right game and not in Jester Nightless by Jingle, instead? lol

Also, shouldn't we be careful about who we vote? Because if scum is well coordinated, then after we vote, they could just pile on all 4 as 4 more votes.

-------
In post 14, Gamma Emerald wrote:What is your offsite/overall mafia experience?
I have been an IC in the newbie queue, played a variety of games onsite (30+), and have offsite experience. Left the offsite one though because one player ruined it by being extremely unprofessional.

What is the most fun role you’ve had to date?
They're all fun in their different ways.

If you were in LyLo with the person above and below you in the playerlist (wrapping around the top and bottom), with everything being equal, who would you trust?
I don't know who GE is or who anyone else is .

What is your favorite animal?
Birds, cats, and chinchillas
-LH

What was your motivation in making this post? The part about warning people about voting. We aren't in lylo, so why would all four scum be inclined to all join the same wagon and quicklynch a townie on day one, when that would potentially bring all four of them under a lot of scrutiny on day two? Especially if the four scum were all the last four voters on the wagon and quickly voted back-to-back to bring the wagon to lynch. In lylo it would make sense for that to happen, but it doesn't make sense for the scumteam to do that on day one. It seems strange to be discouraging voting this early on in the game, especially since voting/pressuring is one way to help the game transition from "RVS" to "serious mode".
In post 228, RadiantCowbells wrote:i think tw slot and keyser slot are svs
Is there anything in particular in the interactions between TW and Keyser that pinged you as SvS? You seemed to backtrack on this fairly fast:
In post 229, RadiantCowbells wrote:actually nevermind that's stupid
In post 230, RadiantCowbells wrote:idrc about mafia rn and it makes my reads bad.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:15 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

In post 15, Keyser Söze wrote:Curious to see what happens when the worst meets Radiant Cowbells :cool:

P.EDIT I can’t see your font bro (I have the dark background).
Mostly this
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
ceejayvinoya
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
ceejayvinoya
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:57 am

Post by ceejayvinoya »

In post 332, Nibbui wrote:
In post 329, ceejayvinoya wrote:
In post 231, THE MEME MEN wrote:
any first impression of nibbui?

-rh
nibbui looks alright to me for now. He's null
You meant "Nibbui looks so town omg" amiright? :wink:
no lols

I have bad memories of townreading you when you're scum so I don't want to just give it

maybe later :P
Ceejay is only gonna get better but his logic can be on the wrong side of lazy logic sometimes. ~the worst
ofrhz
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
ofrhz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:44 pm

Post by ofrhz »

hey ceej, thoughts on volxen?

/ofrhz
Blackjacks
Blackjacks
Goon
Blackjacks
Goon
Goon

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:45 pm

Post by Blackjacks »

In post 371, ofrhz wrote:hey ceej, thoughts on volxen?

/ofrhz
soz nsg
Clemency
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: any

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:47 pm

Post by Clemency »

marked alt slip off my bingo list
nice
"all due respect, the words "Clemency" and "normal" do not belong in the same paragraph" - the worst
Blackjacks
Blackjacks
Goon
Blackjacks
Goon
Goon

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:48 pm

Post by Blackjacks »

i'm surprised people don't alt slip more tbh

Return to “Completed Open Games”