Saudade(2)
~ (159), (180)
Performer(2)
~ (83), (32)
Shoshin(1)
~ (26)
Nauci(1)
~ (46)

Not Voting (4): Not_Mafia(8), (4), Saudade(19), (87)

With 15 alive it takes 8 to lynch.

Day 1 deadline is in (expired on 2018-12-13 17:14:58)

FLAVOR
Spoiler:
Last edited by Krazy on Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
vote conspiracy
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:58 am

Post by Shoshin »

Oh, I was gonna comment on some of those, ugh... I always forget it gets posted when I quick reply.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:00 am

Post by Varsoon »

yo, Xtoxm, this sort of "I never did that" denial thing Shoshin does is 100% a playstyle thing and not really indicative of alignment.
Even though they literally did post "Hey Irrel do you want to policy lynch Varsoon" and even though people outright interacted with and questioned it as a serious response, it did not happen, it was just an Irrel reaction test in Shoshin's eyes.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:00 am

Post by Shoshin »

VOTE: Key
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:01 am

Post by Shoshin »

In post 1052, Varsoon wrote:yo, Xtoxm, this sort of "I never did that" denial thing Shoshin does is 100% a playstyle thing and not really indicative of alignment.
Even though they literally did post "Hey Irrel do you want to policy lynch Varsoon" and even though people outright interacted with and questioned it as a serious response, it did not happen, it was just an Irrel reaction test in Shoshin's eyes.
Intent matters.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:01 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1044, Shoshin wrote:I recommend anyone who scumreads Mew take a look at his play in the recently finished Fortnight game.
ok, what about that game makes you think he may be town here?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:04 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 1054, Shoshin wrote:
In post 1052, Varsoon wrote:yo, Xtoxm, this sort of "I never did that" denial thing Shoshin does is 100% a playstyle thing and not really indicative of alignment.
Intent matters.
That's what I'm saying.
Because your intent is hard different from how it looked, you're not going to recognize how it looked.
You tend to get really locked into your intent and deny possibilities outside of that intent.
This is part of how we lost TAZ Mafia--your intent was fairly fine (scum getting a second vig or something akin to it aside), but you didn't consider the possibility outside of that.
This is entirely in your wheelhouse as town, but it doesn't make you town, it's just a part of how you seem to approach the game.

I will follow you here, though, because I do think Keyser could use a wagon.
VOTE: Keyser
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:58 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

In post 1055, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1044, Shoshin wrote:I recommend anyone who scumreads Mew take a look at his play in the recently finished Fortnight game.
Yeah I glanced at it (admittedly not very thoroughly) before you suggested this and don’t know how it makes new town

Xtoxm still has lots of scum equity, and I agree that my reason to townread him is pretty weak
@Xtoxm what makes you think my claim is more likely to come from scum? Personal experience? Something else?
I trust in this town to return to xtoxm EOD if other lunch candidates town it up.
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:03 am

Post by Nauci »

Xtoxm's posts on Shoshin felt scummy to me in an instinctive way but then I thought: would scum here barely backed off the precipice of being lynched stir up drama by trying to pick a fight with Shoshin (with almost invariably turns up alignment indicative posting)? I'm more inclined to agree with varsoon that it's town xtoxm misreading a Shoshinism

Varsoon: why not mewtaph? Why get on Keyser now, instead of when Irrelephant and I tried to pressure there, even though nothing has really changed about the slot and he continues to say he'll engage Soon™?
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:08 am

Post by Nauci »

I'm feeling the same paranoia about skitter30 that she felt about me in AP haha

Are we mind melding because I agree with so much of what she said in that post, or did she pick up Irrelephant and I's existing sentiments and push it further on a mislynch agenda? Hhhhhmmmmmm

I do think that skitter30/mew wouldn't be scum together (but skitter30/xtoxm or skitter30/performer isn't ruled out yet)

I hope mew makes some serious contributions because the existing set of posts are all the precise sort of wishy washy hand wringing that feels like scum struggling to overcome existing knowledge to case people
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:12 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 1058, Nauci wrote: Varsoon: why not mewtaph? Why get on Keyser now, instead of when Irrelephant and I tried to pressure there, even though nothing has really changed about the slot and he continues to say he'll engage Soon™?
I am not even sure who mewtaph is replacing
Getting on Keyser because my vote follows Shoshin's
Why get up in arms that it's now instead of like 10 hours ago?
Just get it wit it
AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:16 am

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 1060, Varsoon wrote:
In post 1058, Nauci wrote: Varsoon: why not mewtaph? Why get on Keyser now, instead of when Irrelephant and I tried to pressure there, even though nothing has really changed about the slot and he continues to say he'll engage Soon™?
I am not even sure who mewtaph is replacing
Getting on Keyser because my vote follows Shoshin's
Why get up in arms that it's now instead of like 10 hours ago?
Just get it wit it
I’m not currently scumreasing either of those slots. I think both but Mew more likely than Key, are going to result in a mislynch.
Hydra of Almost50 and Nancy Drew 39

We don’t intend to monkey around.
AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:18 am

Post by AlmostNancy »

Was it NM who replaced Saude?

Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:25 am

Post by Xtoxm »

In post 1057, Irrelephant11 wrote:
Yeah I glanced at it (admittedly not very thoroughly) before you suggested this and don’t know how it makes new town

Xtoxm still has lots of scum equity, and I agree that my reason to townread him is pretty weak
@Xtoxm what makes you think my claim is more likely to come from scum? Personal experience? Something else?
I trust in this town to return to xtoxm EOD if other lunch candidates town it up.
Town claiming pgo instantly loses all it's utility, scum will never target it. Scum claiming pgo gives itself a free pass from all night threats. If I was scum and got dealt a pgo safeclaim id be looking to claim it asap.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:30 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

oh good you’re here
How do you read Nauci and Skitter?

Also that reasoning makes sense but I have remera reasons to believe I’m likely to get targeted by investigative and/or protective roles this game. I recognize that my claim does make me a lylo liability (since I can’t ever be confirmed), and it becomes mechanically necessary to lynch me before lylo

@shoshin mew’s play in that game you mentioned seems maybe intentionally poor? Town has very little incentive to town it up in that setup, since they don’t need to sort themselves. OTOH here it feels like he’s trying his hardest... and getting less done
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:34 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Im starting to townlean on Nauci, as I was satisfied with her response and more recent posting. Skitter opinion hasn't changed since I last commented on her.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:36 am

Post by Shoshin »

In post 1064, Irrelephant11 wrote:@shoshin mew’s play in that game you mentioned seems maybe intentionally poor? Town has very little incentive to town it up in that setup, since they don’t need to sort themselves. OTOH here it feels like he’s trying his hardest... and getting less done
I don't think his play was intentionally poor in Fortnight... And besides, I'm comparing the thought patterns. Look at how he comes to the conclusion that you're town here, and then compare that with his thought patterns in Fortnight. The way he's thinking about alignments is very similar. Also, I think try harding is towny, not scummy. And I don't see him getting less done in this game, quite the opposite. He replaced an inactive slot, read everything, gave his thoughts on the important points, and answered follow-up questions (with fairly thoughtful answers).

I mean, I dunno. I could be wrong about him, but he's not who I want to lynch today.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:37 am

Post by Shoshin »

Xtom, can you give me a quick rundown of where all your reads are at the moment?
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:38 am

Post by Xtoxm »

And, I'm accepting there's a possible playstyle difference here which is why I'm not pushing you over it. I think we shown pretty discordant thought processes so far which makes me think you're the type of player I will get scum feelings from as any alignment.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:39 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 1063, Xtoxm wrote: Town claiming pgo instantly loses all it's utility, scum will never target it. Scum claiming pgo gives itself a free pass from all night threats. If I was scum and got dealt a pgo safeclaim id be looking to claim it asap.
Town claims it if they're a doctor or cop or some sort of strong role that doesn't want to get night killed but can't guarantee its own protection.
Here's the thing though,
Does anyone know what Irrel's history of fake-claiming is?
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:41 am

Post by Xtoxm »

That is also a fair point vars.
AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:42 am

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 1063, Xtoxm wrote:
In post 1057, Irrelephant11 wrote:

Town claiming pgo instantly loses all it's utility, scum will never target it. Scum claiming pgo gives itself a free pass from all night threats. If I was scum and got dealt a pgo safeclaim id be looking to claim it asap.
Right, I forgot about safeclaims.

I still wonder how they townlocked us so fast, only to unceremonious dump us from the obvtown block. Who do I consult about a refund?

Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:43 am

Post by Shoshin »

Varsoon, you know from experience that I can read Irrel so trust me on that, please.
AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1073 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:46 am

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 1064, Irrelephant11 wrote:oh good you’re here
How do you read Nauci and Skitter?

Also that reasoning makes sense but I have remera reasons to believe I’m likely to get targeted by investigative and/or protective roles this game. I recognize that my claim does make me a lylo liability (since I can’t ever be confirmed), and it becomes mechanically necessary to lynch me before lylo

@shoshin mew’s play in that game you mentioned seems maybe intentionally poor? Town has very little incentive to town it up in that setup, since they don’t need to sort themselves. OTOH here it feels like he’s trying his hardest... and getting less done
I know this isn’t adressed to me but I still feel good about Nauci and I don’t know Skitter’s meta like A50 but their ongoing waffling on our slot is kind of giving me the heebie jeebies but A50 may see it differently. \_0_/

Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1074 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:48 am

Post by Shoshin »

Nancy, join us on Key!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”