AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1652 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:10 am

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 1646, the worst wrote:You and Nauci are two people I really want to reengage with about Xtoxm after I talk with Mewtaph. I think sorting him is a lot more valuable than going through it in detail rn though
You’re open to criticically seeing our perspective on him, I hope? I dunno, I’m not really seeing how Mewtaph is scum here.

I’m also a bit concerned that Kokichi hasn’t commented on anyone’s alignment yet but maybe it’s because he literally hasn’t read anything in the game so far. He seems townie so far but if he doesn’t give any reads soon, I may be a little worried.
Hydra of Almost50 and Nancy Drew 39

We don’t intend to monkey around.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #1653 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:11 am

Post by Varsoon »

naw its all g I was just curious
<3
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1654 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:13 am

Post by the worst »

In post 1652, AlmostNancy wrote:
In post 1646, the worst wrote:You and Nauci are two people I really want to reengage with about Xtoxm after I talk with Mewtaph. I think sorting him is a lot more valuable than going through it in detail rn though
You’re open to criticically seeing our perspective on him, I hope? I dunno, I’m not really seeing how Mewtaph is scum here.

I’m also a bit concerned that Kokichi hasn’t commented on anyone’s alignment yet but maybe it’s because he literally hasn’t read anything in the game so far. He seems townie so far but if he doesn’t give any reads soon, I may be a little worried.
Yeah, Kokichi completely slipped away from my focus.. I think I want to see more from him before EoD but I want to see more from Mewtaph sooner tbh.

I'm always happy to listen to other opinions yeah. I'll take an open mind to Xtoxm especially, it's a read that's growing on me but it's pretty fresh and I thought he was a wolf at first as well
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1655 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:14 am

Post by the worst »

In post 1653, Varsoon wrote:naw its all g I was just curious
<3
<3
AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1656 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:15 am

Post by AlmostNancy »

Oh and @tw, post-game you might not want to read our PT sober, jes’ saying. :oops:

Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1657 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:17 am

Post by Nauci »

In post 1652, AlmostNancy wrote:I dunno, I’m not really seeing how Mewtaph is scum here.
Usually when someone posts as many words as he has, I'm able to practically see the gears and wheels going inside their head

But instead it's largely murky despite the number of words

It's almost the opposite of my feelings on Mitillos's posts
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1658 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:18 am

Post by Nauci »

I foind the move on xtoxm to be 50/50 likelihood of opportunistic scum vs town trying to pressure a main wagon though
Mewtaph
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1659 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:19 am

Post by Mewtaph »

@the worst: I'm not going to vote for you because I think you are town. I've pinched my head on and on how my town group works + Irrelephant and with three scum in the pool, Xtoxm just doesn't fit. Maybe I could be giving scum!Performer too much agency here that it just doesn't work because that's screwing with my perspective. Maybe I'm giving too much agency to Kokichi just replacing in, but the fuck if I know?

I've considered town signals, possible scum vibrations, possible town apathy, possible scum apathy, and I've arrived here. It would be asking me to make a fake progression to scum case Xtoxm through ISO and if you understand my intentions and approach with where I'm coming from my very first post, I think you could be able to see that. The problem is from the very moment I arrived, my slot has been associated with the likes of Not_Mafia. Yup, that's my power level apparently. I don't think looking for people making "interesting takes" as a reason to town or scum read somebody is how you find scum. I've been trying to wrap my head around everyone I've named initially + Irrel being town and I'm comfortable with it, to myself, to make pushes based off of that information as a player with relatively few biases and reasons to get stuck into prejudices.

It's like, I made a choice between pushing Performer, Kokichi/Saudade, Xtoxm and like, I may have made the wrong decision here. But if he's not posting here then he's not making the choice any easier and that's what worries me. If he's going to give this game a "bye" pass because he feels that it's already over, then what can I really do about that? At least I can do something with Performer, at least I can do something with Kokichi/Saudade. I could defo be wrong especially considering my reasons to townread Xtoxm are much better than Performer.

Maaaybe I should probably ditch my Performer vague condition that's not really worth much at all in reality considering he's doing the exact same thing as Xtoxm and I'm just choosing to be blind towards it.

@Nauci: I didn't feel that the town case was directed to me, I didn't read it but agreed with the tl;dr he reached. Don't understand why skitter thinks that one particular point wrt you is a good way of seeing you as town, but I'm willing to write skitter off as town right now so I don't really care rn. I would never go to the extent of a town case on you, because that takes so much time and I think that a scroll through your ISO or just reading you in thread is way more than enough. Like your juju doesn't come from scum. Now my problem is that while I made similar :town feel acknowledgements: for other players like skitter and Mitillos, I've only gotten the confirmation feedback in a way that feels good from you.

Now my biggest fear would be something like this; I haven't prodded hard enough around with the town read but I've literally done so much umming and ahhing about it (excruciatingly some of it in thread as directed by an early wagon on me) that there's almost no point in pushing myself to get stuff done there to the point where I accidentally push on a town. Like sometimes I think about this game and I'm afraid that you're mind screwing with me and pocketing the shit out of me, other times I'm worried about skitter lazily sitting their vote on me, and at other times I question whether A50 is being self-aware about past games or scum buddying me for the laughs. But it's just not fair to bring this shit into the thread, and I need shit resolved. This Keyser wagon isn't doing much for me.

@Varsoon: It's okay man. What I've done so far is certainly voteable and probably within my scum range. Rn I'm trying to play too lazy on the real time interactions and it's biting me in the ass.

Anyway, UNVOTE: . No dice, I'm probably just being stupid on Xtoxm; I hope and think it'll probably self resolve soon.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1660 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:25 am

Post by the worst »

I'm not sure how to feel about this olive branch rn.. in the air in 12 hours so I'd probably better get some sleep. I'd appreciate it if you could open up your brain on what you're directly reading yourself (a lot of the stuff there doesn't feel like you're really backing yourself or letting your hands get dirty if that makes sense?)
Mewtaph
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1661 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:42 am

Post by Mewtaph »

Spoiler:
A lot of my town reads giving town signals I wasn't 100% on. AlmostNancy. Irrelephant.

Creature signalling town.

Hard town vibes between Varsoon and Shoshin.

Stuff like I mentioned in my direct to Nauci in terms of scum vibes which is why I'm getting stuck WIFOMing myself to death.

Saudade pred apathy to solve game, but no apathy wrt posting => seems scummy

Xtoxm apathy reading pretty towny

I see Xtoxm ignoring the game and I feel like I need to get him back in it somehow over introducing to Performer to a vote assuming he's going to post after a prod, introducing new blood Kokichi to a vote because "Lol your posts don't matter anyway" because if he's scum and he arrives too late then it becomes unlikely to wagon him and it just feels awful if he's actually scum.

From the start of the game, I've tried to reach a place where I'm not "scummy" because of a predecessor and with the early wagon I already know I'm not getting there - I try with larger games but when I personally start off on the wrong foot in a pretty large playerlist, I found it's just best to work with a ground work deficit, so I'm trying/tried to get my town reads to town read each other, but at the same time I feel like I haven't really accomplished this through specific interactions, because I myself am not completely a hundred percent on who I've called town. So next I'm trying to figure out who's scum, and I'm getting like almost nothing. And the best thing I came up with in terms of visible play comes out to people not doing much so far, so I associated that with Xtoxm when I really shouldn't have associated with him specifically. Hope that makes things clearer.

If you need more on something then just ask.
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1662 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:44 am

Post by Nauci »

In post 1659, Mewtaph wrote:he's doing the exact same thing as Xtoxm
What thing is that?
Mewtaph
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1663 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:45 am

Post by Mewtaph »

In post 1662, Nauci wrote:
In post 1659, Mewtaph wrote:he's doing the exact same thing as Xtoxm
What thing is that?
"I'm not available right now, call back later" when he's a possible lynch candidate.
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1664 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:46 am

Post by Nauci »

VOTE: performer for now
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1665 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:47 am

Post by Nauci »

I was giving performer a lot of room just because I completely do not understand his sense of logic and reason and assumed it'd bias me against him but even with that, I've seen Town performer play with far more will
Mewtaph
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1666 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:48 am

Post by Mewtaph »

I had a very similar thought process with AlmostNancy in "I'm watching for who's on/who is the counterwagon to Xtoxm" and wasn't feeling the Keyser wagon was that good so attributed that as a negative to Xtoxm. I think AlmostNancy is town for it.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #1667 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:51 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

VOTE: Perf
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1668 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:55 am

Post by the worst »

VOTE: Performer

hi NM
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #1669 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:00 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Hey
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Mewtaph
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1670 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:07 am

Post by Mewtaph »

VOTE: Performer
AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1671 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:11 am

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 1657, Nauci wrote:
In post 1652, AlmostNancy wrote:I dunno, I’m not really seeing how Mewtaph is scum here.
Usually when someone posts as many words as he has, I'm able to practically see the gears and wheels going inside their head

But instead it's largely murky despite the number of words

It's almost the opposite of my feelings on Mitillos's posts
Yeah, I’m pretty sure Mitillos is town, due to the no ninja thing.

AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1672 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:15 am

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 1659, Mewtaph wrote:@the worst: I'm not going to vote for you because I think you are town. I've pinched my head on and on how my town group works + Irrelephant and with three scum in the pool, Xtoxm just doesn't fit. Maybe I could be giving scum!Performer too much agency here that it just doesn't work because that's screwing with my perspective. Maybe I'm giving too much agency to Kokichi just replacing in, but the fuck if I know?

I've considered town signals, possible scum vibrations, possible town apathy, possible scum apathy, and I've arrived here. It would be asking me to make a fake progression to scum case Xtoxm through ISO and if you understand my intentions and approach with where I'm coming from my very first post, I think you could be able to see that. The problem is from the very moment I arrived, my slot has been associated with the likes of Not_Mafia. Yup, that's my power level apparently. I don't think looking for people making "interesting takes" as a reason to town or scum read somebody is how you find scum. I've been trying to wrap my head around everyone I've named initially + Irrel being town and I'm comfortable with it, to myself, to make pushes based off of that information as a player with relatively few biases and reasons to get stuck into prejudices.

It's like, I made a choice between pushing Performer, Kokichi/Saudade, Xtoxm and like, I may have made the wrong decision here. But if he's not posting here then he's not making the choice any easier and that's what worries me. If he's going to give this game a "bye" pass because he feels that it's already over, then what can I really do about that? At least I can do something with Performer, at least I can do something with Kokichi/Saudade. I could defo be wrong especially considering my reasons to townread Xtoxm are much better than Performer.

Maaaybe I should probably ditch my Performer vague condition that's not really worth much at all in reality considering he's doing the exact same thing as Xtoxm and I'm just choosing to be blind towards it.

@Nauci: I didn't feel that the town case was directed to me, I didn't read it but agreed with the tl;dr he reached. Don't understand why skitter thinks that one particular point wrt you is a good way of seeing you as town, but I'm willing to write skitter off as town right now so I don't really care rn. I would never go to the extent of a town case on you, because that takes so much time and I think that a scroll through your ISO or just reading you in thread is way more than enough. Like your juju doesn't come from scum. Now my problem is that while I made similar :town feel acknowledgements: for other players like skitter and Mitillos, I've only gotten the confirmation feedback in a way that feels good from you.

Now my biggest fear would be something like this; I haven't prodded hard enough around with the town read but I've literally done so much umming and ahhing about it (excruciatingly some of it in thread as directed by an early wagon on me) that there's almost no point in pushing myself to get stuff done there to the point where I accidentally push on a town. Like sometimes I think about this game and I'm afraid that you're mind screwing with me and pocketing the shit out of me, other times I'm worried about skitter lazily sitting their vote on me, and at other times I question whether A50 is being self-aware about past games or scum buddying me for the laughs. But it's just not fair to bring this shit into the thread, and I need shit resolved. This Keyser wagon isn't doing much for me.

@Varsoon: It's okay man. What I've done so far is certainly voteable and probably within my scum range. Rn I'm trying to play too lazy on the real time interactions and it's biting me in the ass.

Anyway, UNVOTE: . No dice, I'm probably just being stupid on Xtoxm; I hope and think it'll probably self resolve soon.
Hi, this is Nancy, not A50 and I’ve never played with you before.

Mewtaph
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mewtaph
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1673 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:19 am

Post by Mewtaph »

In post 1672, AlmostNancy wrote:Hi, this is Nancy, not A50 and I’ve never played with you before.
Noted.
Keyser Söze
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Keyser Söze
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1674 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:58 am

Post by Keyser Söze »

I will read Performer’s ISO next as I can remember thinking he was likely town :shifty:

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”