He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:44 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

Okay well I'm not here to make things *more personal*
[for the crowd, varsoon vs. shoshin has gotten heated before]

but I am here to say that Shoshin is scum .01% of the time here and you should find someone else to wagon
I am not yet here to say the same about you, so I'll let you know after your scumhunting moves beyond this silly overly personal thing

Which townreads do you think are bad? Are you scumreading anyone besides shoshin that has received many townreads? Or anyone who has given many townreads? Seems like a pointless thing to say (and indeed anti-town) unless you feel like it *actually applies* to the players in this game
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:45 am

Post by Shoshin »

In post 221, Varsoon wrote:Furthermore, me taking umbrage with people having easy townreads isn't even a scumtell or a towntell, it's literally what any player should do regardless of align when, within 6 pages, there are over a dozen thrown out 'this person is town' naked reads.
This is the problem with discussing anything with Varsoon. It's always going to come down to a fundamental disagreement about something, at which point the discussion just clogs the game with pointless theory talk.

I think he's scum because of what he's doing. I think there's a clear difference in his meta on this point, and I also think this specific behavior reflects an anti-town mindset, even if unconscious.

But I'd love for someone to tell me I'm wrong, because I certainly don't hold myself out as knowing how to read Varsoon.
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:48 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

Varsoon [redacted, not because of site rules, just because]
I'll let this play out for a bit before I share that
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:49 am

Post by Shoshin »

Irrelephant, what do you think of Key so far?
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:55 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

As a quick change of subject,
I claim paranoid gun owner

I went back and forth for 24 hours on whether or not I thought I'd be able to gambit scum into shooting me, but I couldn't think of a way to do it that wouldn't also get TPRs to accidentally target me, especially in this playerlist where I'm known to some as hard-to-read and my crumbs would never go unnoticed.
So, instead, here's my claim! :]

Keyser is not obvtown by any means
Actually the fact that I'm not quickly and easily townreading him should probably tell me he's scum, but maybe I just forget his posts, let me look
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:57 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

oh nvm he's town
I super like 109, 150, 175 for town!him, though his paranoia of me is interesting and I'm curious to see where it will go
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:59 am

Post by Shoshin »

Hmm, yeah. 109 definitely feels towny, forgot about that post. I was getting scummish vibes from 175, what do you like about it?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:01 am

Post by Varsoon »

It'd be a different story if your votes weren't everywhere and baseless,
If your rationale for voting wasn't flimsy and subject to change at a whim,
If you weren't propping up bald votes on someone you're clamoring for a policy lynch on,
and if you'd actually engaged with any of my points raised against you.

Based on the one game history that I actually have with you, you're far more methodical and nuanced as town. Even if you didn't like my play, you wouldn't be playing around my slot in this way.
That's a single game sample size, though, so I may be wrong, but this is the highest confidence read that I've got right now.

P-EDIT:
1. They remain poor votes because they can just hang there on my wagon when I do post and come under no scrutiny when I flip town because 'oh they were just pressuring him and didnt like what he posted'. They provide little to no context for the vote and absolutely no interaction with my slot. You've solely read into them as 'pressure to get a slot to perform', when that doesn't seem to be the case for them in the least. I literally just said that I was going to catch up and get in game as well, so it's not as if I was lurking--I literally hadn't even fucking read the game yet.

2. Why didn't you respond to the two times people asked you about policy lynching me before, then? If it was just a joke, why'd you let it sit on the table like that?

3. This IS where I think we deviate highly based on Meta. Even with players who I've played with in every single game, I would not trust them to be able to come to an accurate read on me within the first 5 pages, nor would I openly call them out on it when they didn't. What does this actually even tell you about the Worst?

4. You never voiced your 'similar feelings' in the game thread, so there's no means of verifying that you're not just hopping to a sheep on skitter for purely duplicitous reasons. It's also questionable that you think Skitter may be scum for sheeping you but you then hard-sheep Nacui. It's entirely spineless because if you had felt justified in your issues regarding Skitter, you'd have voted there yourself. You intentionally waited for someone else to vote there in order to see that it was a safe stance to take, because at least one other player would agree with you. You can glitz up pocketing players as 'having strong feelings that resonate with other players' but if your feelings were so strong in the first place, I should've seen appropriate discourse that reflected that, highly likely to include a vote. I didn't.

I voted you
because I wanted you to answer my questions
and you went for a vote on me before ever answering them. In fact, you were VERY ADAMANT that you didn't want to engage with me under the excuse that it would 'clog the thread with meaningless back and forth' and until other players pressured you to actually answer them, you would never have. You proposing that I don't have reasons to suspect you feels heavily like you projecting here; you don't have reasons to suspect me and you voted me without providing responses.

P-EDIT: I'm fucking sick of people positioning my play as something they can't possibly engage with because of out of game reasons.
If I'm that much of a cancer that people can't stand to play with me because I play in SUCH A FUNDAMENTALLY DIFFERENT WAY or whatever the shit
I'll just stop signing up for games or something, goddamn
UNVOTE:
This whole thing pisses me off.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:04 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 227, Irrelephant11 wrote:Varsoon [redacted, not because of site rules, just because]
I'll let this play out for a bit before I share that
Just share it.
I'm sick of this nonsense.
In post 225, Irrelephant11 wrote:Okay well I'm not here to make things *more personal*
[for the crowd, varsoon vs. shoshin has gotten heated before]

but I am here to say that Shoshin is scum .01% of the time here and you should find someone else to wagon
I am not yet here to say the same about you, so I'll let you know after your scumhunting moves beyond this silly overly personal thing

Which townreads do you think are bad? Are you scumreading anyone besides shoshin that has received many townreads? Or anyone who has given many townreads? Seems like a pointless thing to say (and indeed anti-town) unless you feel like it *actually applies* to the players in this game
It's not even a personal thing.
Thanks for taking Shoshin's garbage 'get out of being scumread free' card at face value
I think I'll start doing that now
And write off their scumreads as 'Boohoo we play differently any possible critique they have of me is just a personal feud that'll clog the thread'
Jesus
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:05 am

Post by Varsoon »

I'll have to go back through to tell you the townreads that stick out--what was more important to me was just that there were a ton of them compared to most games I play.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:09 am

Post by Shoshin »

In the future, please don't sign up for games I'm in, Varsoon.
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:13 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

great, Varsoon is likely town or else is very good at faking anger (someone let me know if so) my [redacted] was "tunneling on the most widely-townread townie and making alignment-judgments about other players based on his preferences for how mafia should be played all feel like town!him". Add "angry at the right moments" and it's town!Varsoon, imo
shoshin town
tw town
skitter & Almost probtown or partners
Nauci & Keyser leantown or partners, or maybe nauci is scum and keyser is town?

who's left

pedit: I mean you're not having this argument with any other player itt, and you've had this type of argument with shoshin before. You two argue because of each other's personhoods, not alignments, so that's why I call it personal
It is not my fault I find shoshin easy to read, or that her insistence that she is town annoys you. But it might feel unfair, I guess. Noted.
Spoiler:
I also think it's reasonable that Shoshin was worried about clogging the thread with non-game posts, since that's kind of what just happened anyway.
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:14 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

In post 234, Varsoon wrote:I'll have to go back through to tell you the townreads that stick out--what was more important to me was just that there were a ton of them compared to most games I play.
I would appreciate it! I'm very curious to hear the results of this.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:15 am

Post by Shoshin »

In post 236, Irrelephant11 wrote:great, Varsoon is likely town or else is very good at faking anger (someone let me know if so) my [redacted] was "tunneling on the most widely-townread townie and making alignment-judgments about other players based on his preferences for how mafia should be played all feel like town!him". Add "angry at the right moments" and it's town!Varsoon, imo
My sense is that Varsoon's a lot more "angry" as scum than as town. Check meta please. You will be surprised.
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:15 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

viewtopic.php?t=77508
here is my other game I played with varsoon, shoshin (aside from TAZ)

I will read up on more of his meta, though.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:18 am

Post by Shoshin »

In post 239, Irrelephant11 wrote:viewtopic.php?t=77508
Does his play there look anything like his play here?
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:20 am

Post by Creature »

In post 7, Krazy wrote:The sun rises over the dusty, wind-swept barrens of Mar Sara. The orange glow of the sun, Sara, radiates through the thin atmosphere, across the orange sands and through the isolated, green plants, small signs of life in what might otherwise be thought of as a wasteland. The glow of the sun reflects off the helmets of a trio of colonial marines as they drive their vultures--hover bikes--across the dusty badlands. Plumes of dust erupt behind them as they make their way up a peak and park at the zenith, looking out across the expanse.

"Who's ready for some cold fusion?"
Schadd asks, plopping a cooler down from the storage of the hoverbike. It opens to reveal beers in ice, right next to the backup fragmentation grenades for the vultures.

"Been a long drive,"
Krazy replies.
"Seems like there ain't nothing out here, though. Why'd they send us out to check this Backwater Station?"

"Well, there was a report of some sort of impact,"
Mastina says, stepping beside them.
"We should be on the lookout for alien hostiles."

"Zerg? Or Protoss?"
Krazy asks.

"No way to know for certain until we check it out. Did you hear that?"

"Hear what?"
Krazy asks. And then, they turn and look behind them as the sound grows louder.

The sound of gunfire erupts. Then, the explosion of a grenade. Moments later, Krazy's body slumps to the ground, an ice cold beer rolling out of his now inert hand.

Schadd leaps onto the Vulture, sweat dripping down his brow.
"We have to warn them... we have to... get to Backwater Station..."

Krazy, a Night 0 Redshirt
, has been Killed in Pre-Game

Day One Begins
Town
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:20 am

Post by Creature »

In post 9, Irrelephant11 wrote:that confirmed fast, gj everyone

VOTE: Keyser
In post 10, Irrelephant11 wrote:wait what am I doing
VOTE: almost nancy
???
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:21 am

Post by Creature »

In post 11, skitter30 wrote:i know nothing about the flavor!
It's like Minecraft, but you dig stars instead of mines
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:22 am

Post by Creature »

In post 15, Shoshin wrote:Seems pretty town for Irrelephant.
Cool
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:22 am

Post by Creature »

In post 17, Irrelephant11 wrote:I'm here for the story of schadd and mastina's action-adventure buddycop post-apocalyptic sci-fi thriller comedy through a space desert
I prefer fiction on Earth
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:23 am

Post by Creature »

I'm like pretty terrestrial.
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:24 am

Post by Creature »

In post 30, Irrelephant11 wrote:the worst is town, shoshin is town
skitter is more likely town than not
creature is probtown
Agree, agree
Yeeeeeh...agree
Agree
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:25 am

Post by Creature »

In post 32, skitter30 wrote:not sure if this is a real claim or not
lol what?
Sigh
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:26 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

In post 240, Shoshin wrote:
In post 239, Irrelephant11 wrote:viewtopic.php?t=77508
Does his play there look anything like his play here?
oh, hm.
I mean if starcraft mafia:you::zooborns III:doughboy, then sort of?
Alright I gave him a townread too easy (ironic, given his insistence we're passing out townreads too easy)
In post 175, Keyser Söze wrote:
In post 152, AlmostNancy wrote:
In post 150, Keyser Söze wrote:@skitter - you having a gut town read wasn’t my problem.

I think it was the over-explaination of the gut read (that I thought had undertones of sheeping Shoshin’s reason)

I.e over-justification
Trust me, skitter can talk much sometimes. The question is whether she's providing genuine content or just babbling. I say she's Town here.
Ok yours, Shoshin’s and Skitter’s own defence tells me I’m probably on the wrong path here... the over-articulation of a gut read is actually helpful... ‘babbling’ she is not.
UNVOTE:
This is feels like a town!Keyser thing to do, I think, unvoting when he gets told he's wrong

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”