Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3500 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:18 pm

Post by Shoshin »

Nancy, I'm waiting for you to explain why Xtom's town.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3501 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:18 pm

Post by Shoshin »

Varsoon, now that you're around, can you update me on your reads? Where are you on the game relative to me?
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #3502 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:18 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

pls scumcase me btw shosin i could do with a giggle
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3503 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:19 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 3480, AlmostNancy wrote:
In post 3472, Shoshin wrote:
In post 3469, Xtoxm wrote:mechanics are FAR more reliable in this game than reads.
I strongly disagree. You can't reliably outguess the mod or know what sorts of misdirection powers scum have. Behaviors, on the other hand, never lie.
Key’s N2 results are confirmable - one way or the other.
Confirming a "no gun" result could take days and we may not have that time
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3504 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:22 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 3493, AlmostNancy wrote:
In post 3489, Shoshin wrote:Nancy, I beg you to stop talking about proving Key's role. Key's role doesn't prove his alignment so it's not a helpful area of discussion to sort him.
Can you link me to any games with a scum gunsmith in them?
The one I mentioned, for starters
AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3505 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:22 pm

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 3496, Varsoon wrote:@AlmostNancy: I think it's possible that an infested terran did a kill on N1, given we have two deaths.
I dunno what the factional makeup is like, though.
I'd bet dollars to donuts that whoever killed the PGO was some kind of BP SK though.
Yes, and after reading up some more on Starcraft, I think you’re probably right.

I’m not willing to give up the possible scumdoc theory just yet though. Once Performer flips, I think we’ll likely know that.

Anyway, my role PM says something along the lines of, there is a character in the game, who isn’t the original ____ or words to that effect.
Hydra of Almost50 and Nancy Drew 39

We don’t intend to monkey around.
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3506 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:27 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 3505, AlmostNancy wrote:Anyway, my role PM says something along the lines of, there is a character in the game, who isn’t the original ____ or words to that effect.
:o

O_o

:thinking:
AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3507 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:28 pm

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 3500, Shoshin wrote:Nancy, I'm waiting for you to explain why Xtom's town.
I already did. How ever you’re reading Key, there’s nothing remotely scummy about Xtoxm’s case. Random OTOH, had really weird reasons for pushing Nico and reminding me over and over how wrong I was about that, has absolutely nothing to do with my Xtoxm read.

I am not in some private hood with him, like I was with Random. So, there is no basis for you to make this comparison.

the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #3508 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:31 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 3425, Xtoxm wrote:Thanks Nancy. I'm not sure what to do with you, but i'm sure you'd like to know I moved you out of my scum pile some time today.

A large part of me feels like Nauci is just open wolfing here, the agenda she has been pushing today is so pro-scum. I can't tell if it's coming from a malicious place or reckless town trying to game solve.
I'm not really sure how you can claim Shoshin is openwolfing then not be able to reach a conclusion on her alignment.. I still think she's really obvious town and I don't think she's wolfsiding at all.

What nefarious agenda are you seeing here?
AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3509 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:33 pm

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 3508, the worst wrote:
In post 3425, Xtoxm wrote:Thanks Nancy. I'm not sure what to do with you, but i'm sure you'd like to know I moved you out of my scum pile some time today.

A large part of me feels like
Nauci
is just open wolfing here, the agenda she has been pushing today is so pro-scum. I can't tell if it's coming from a malicious place or reckless town trying to game solve.
I'm not really sure how you can claim
Shoshin
is openwolfing then not be able to reach a conclusion on her alignment.. I still think she's really obvious town and I don't think she's wolfsiding at all.

Have you been drinking again? :lol:

Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3510 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:34 pm

Post by Nauci »

@Performer
: Can you list your town reads and explain why?
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #3511 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:35 pm

Post by the worst »

Nope, I'm just still asleep. As soon as I hit post I was like LOLFUCK
I definitely meant Nauci. xD
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3512 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:35 pm

Post by Shoshin »

In post 3507, AlmostNancy wrote:
In post 3500, Shoshin wrote:Nancy, I'm waiting for you to explain why Xtom's town.
I already did. How ever you’re reading Key, there’s nothing remotely scummy about Xtoxm’s case. Random OTOH, had really weird reasons for pushing Nico and reminding me over and over how wrong I was about that, has absolutely nothing to do with my Xtoxm read.

I am not in some private hood with him, like I was with Random. So, there is no basis for you to make this comparison.
I don't understand why you townread Xtom, so please explain again as if it isn't obvious. It might seem obvious to you but it's not to me.

I'm not saying your read on Random has anything to do with your read on Xtom. I'm bringing up Labyrinth because from my perspective I'm running into the same communication problems with you that I ran into in Labyrinth. In Labyrinth, you townread a player that was scum, Random. I told you that Random was scum, and I questioned your townread on his slot. I tried talking with you about why you townread Random, but you wouldn't really engage with me about why you townread him or with my reasons for scumreading him. You ignored my read until LYLO. Then he flipped scum, and you said at the end of the game that you wouldn't ignore my reads again.

So I sort of thought you would actually communicate differently with me. But now you're townreading a player that I'm calling scum and FROM MY PERSPECTIVE it feels like you're ignoring my reads again. Maybe you're not ignoring them but you're not communicating that clearly to me. The point is that this situation feels similar from my perspective because I'm trying to communiate with you about a disagreement and I don't feel like you're making any attempt to get a better understanding of the game with me. I don't want us talking past each other.

I'd like to know why you townread Xtom, and I'd appreciate if you could explain it for someone who isn't seeing it. I can't agree with you if I don't understand the read, nor can I address what's wrong with it if there's something wrong with the read. I'm also happy to discuss why I think Xtom's scum, but only if you're going to be open to what I'm saying so that we can actually figure this out together.
AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3513 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:37 pm

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 3506, Nauci wrote:
In post 3505, AlmostNancy wrote:Anyway, my role PM says something along the lines of, there is a character in the game, who isn’t the original ____ or words to that effect.

O_o

So, that’s why initially knowing pretty much zilch about Starcraft, I couldn’t figure out what this could possibly mean.

So, I’m thinking maybe doppelgänger, possibly?

Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #3514 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:37 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

A large part of me feels like Nauci is just open wolfing here, the agenda she has been pushing today is so pro-scum. I can't tell if it's coming from a malicious place or reckless town trying to game solve.
I'm not really sure how you can claim Shoshin is openwolfing then not be able to reach a conclusion on her alignment.. I still think she's really obvious town and I don't think she's wolfsiding at all.

Because there have been, actually quite a few moments where I thought Nauci looked like town trying to figure things out. But her actions today have been pro-scum. It's dangerous to dismiss scummy actions just because it's packaged behind something that gives you a town feel.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3515 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:38 pm

Post by Nauci »

It bothers me that A50 is hardly posting at all

I assume this bothers skitter even more
Nauci
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Nauci
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3516 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:39 pm

Post by Nauci »

In post 3513, AlmostNancy wrote:
In post 3506, Nauci wrote:

O_o

So, that’s why initially knowing pretty much zilch about Starcraft, I couldn’t figure out what this could possibly mean.

So, I’m thinking maybe doppelgänger, possibly?
I can't discern what the snippet is meant to say syntax wise, nevermind within the context of SC2 lol
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #3517 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:39 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 3514, Xtoxm wrote:

Because there have been, actually quite a few moments where I thought Nauci looked like town trying to figure things out. But her actions today have been pro-scum. It's dangerous to dismiss scummy actions just because it's packaged behind something that gives you a town feel.
What parts of her D2 have been pro-scum? I might be dumb
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #3518 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:40 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 3501, Shoshin wrote:Varsoon, now that you're around, can you update me on your reads? Where are you on the game relative to me?
I couldn't tell you everyone that's in this game.
Right now there being the 3 big wagons with ALL PLAYERS divided between them is really throwing me for a loop.
I don't know that my reads have changed all that much. I townread you, Xtoxm, and Mitilos.
I've still got to reassess due to multiball. I hadn't really considered it all that much because I was like "Oh Zerg are the main villains, makes sense, that's scum flavor" but with ONLY bullet kills I think that it's definitely gotta be some even/odd terran/protoss/evil terran/zerg divisions.

In post 3505, AlmostNancy wrote:
In post 3496, Varsoon wrote:@AlmostNancy: I think it's possible that an infested terran did a kill on N1, given we have two deaths.
I dunno what the factional makeup is like, though.
I'd bet dollars to donuts that whoever killed the PGO was some kind of BP SK though.
Yes, and after reading up some more on Starcraft, I think you’re probably right.

I’m not willing to give up the possible scumdoc theory just yet though. Once Performer flips, I think we’ll likely know that.

Anyway, my role PM says something along the lines of, there is a character in the game, who isn’t the original ____ or words to that effect.
Hm. I only played the first game, but that might apply to Kerrigan?
She starts off as a strong good-guy Terran but gets captured by the Zerg and made into such a powerful psychic infested Terran that she takes control of her own portion of the Zerg after the Overmind is killed.
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3519 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:41 pm

Post by Shoshin »

Varsoon, why are you townreading Xtom?
Shoshin
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Shoshin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3520 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:41 pm

Post by Shoshin »

And why are you townreading Mitillos?
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #3521 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:43 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

In post 3429, Xtoxm wrote:pushing lots of different wagons to out info, further pushing mew after he said revealing his info would be anti town, and now pushing on key despite no other invest claims. i struggle to see town motivation for any of this.
@tw, i don't think you have read all the new stuff yet. here is the quote anyway.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #3522 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:44 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 3519, Shoshin wrote:Varsoon, why are you townreading Xtom?
A lot of their posts today made sense to me. I guess that's about the extent of it. Doesn't strike me as scum being duplicitous, but town playing from the cuff.
In post 3520, Shoshin wrote:And why are you townreading Mitillos?
Mitilos has been pretty thorough it explaining their thoughts each time they enter thread. They've been less present today, but I still recall liking what they've posted today. Compare that to Mewtaph, who's paragraphs always feel so forced to me--Mitilos' writing doesn't feel as artificial or construct as most scum long-posters tend to.

Not great rationale for either, I'll admit, but I wouldn't wanna consider them for lynch today at least.
AlmostNancy
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
AlmostNancy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3523 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:45 pm

Post by AlmostNancy »

In post 3515, Nauci wrote:It bothers me that A50 is hardly posting at all
Funny that our slot has posted as much as you (3rd highest poster) and Shoshin (4th highest poster) combined and you're still "bothered" I'm not posting enough.

the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #3524 (ISO) » Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:46 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 3460, skitter30 wrote:i kinda wnat to lynch all of {mew/key/kokichi}
kinda xtoxm too
my townread on mitillos is basically gone
my gut says performer may be town (or at least not groupscum) but i think he needs to be resolved somehow but i don't feel like he's the best lynch today because there's people i scumread more
just a friendly reminder that this PoE is on point and Kokichi needs to be resolved and still has high scum equity

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”