mini 2051: tree's dump blitz - game over !!!

schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox
Pronoun: he/it

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:23 am

Post by schadd_ »

Bambi Jay has been lynched ! she was a
townie

thank u for replacing ! : ^ )
free darius mccollum
todays featured user: Balki B

schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox
Pronoun: he/it

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:33 am

Post by schadd_ »

prodding tonymontana and northsidegal
free darius mccollum
todays featured user: Balki B

Enter
Enter
for the homies
Enter
for the homies
for the homies

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:41 am

Post by Enter »

I feel so weak and powerless
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:51 am

Post by TonyMontana »

Sorry for making another dropin, it’s just the new years hustle, I’ll be back in business tonight
Upcoming
Mini
Theme: Rainbow Six|Siege Mafia
Trekkie99
Trekkie99
Goon
Trekkie99
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:10 am

Post by Trekkie99 »

Hi Bambi Jay!
In post 100, schadd_ wrote:
Bambi Jay has been lynched ! she was a
townie

thank u for replacing ! : ^ )
Oof
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:04 pm

Post by TonyMontana »

I'm not one to doubt our honorable judges, but this lynch seems peculiar.

Clemency's only activity was an RVS vote back and forth with trekkie, who in contrast with his activity has been the most active player so far.

Was hoping to have something more to go on after a lynch, but this is pretty much a complete zero in the info department.
Upcoming
Mini
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:01 pm

Post by TonyMontana »

Then again, it's certainly a warning shot to any scum who think they can escape the wrath of a jury by hiding.

VOTE: northsidegal

We all need to accept that we have no power here. All we can do is have a discussion that hopefully leads the jury to the right choices.

Right off the bat northsidegal tries to diminish the power of the townside. The proposal to turn this into a 2:6 scenario by having the jury adhere to a vote is not only futile, but it is also essentially reducing what is kind of a 2:9 game.
Maybe it's just a lapse of logic, but it certainly is not pro-town.

Meanwhile she tries to have her cake and eat it too by questioning apthet's town read on xyzzy, while at the same time not only criticizing trekkie for essentially doing the same but also essentially starting the fakevote wagon on him.

To top it off, after the first prod on myself and darklighta (Enter), she airs the idea that maybe in this game the top posters are town and lurkers could be scum.
Worth noting that since that post the only ones who have been absent longer is either dead, replaced or on the jury. That's also a cake you can't have and eat.
Upcoming
Mini
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:06 pm

Post by Taly »

havent thought of mafia much the past day becasue of new years (somewhat my fault, somewhat because of RL stuff)

will get to this tomorrow and reply to
Enter

where did
north
go?
"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
Taly
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Taly
he/him, she/her
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him, she/her

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:07 pm

Post by Taly »

"Taly is going to be a hot mess all game and I am entertained" ~ Gammagooey
"The human race is bad at reading Taly." ~the worst
"Taly I knew your slot was scum and I still struggled to find arguments to SR your play lol" ~Infinity 324
"Taly wins for the most fence-sitty reads in a game ever" ~Battle Mage
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:57 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 51, apthet wrote:This is not my first mafia game! northsidegal do you have a read on Taly?
i have a categorical tendency to townread people with taly's playstyle – the specific post links and direct questioning along with the general post style i tend to townread a lot, town or scum

that being said, i do think taly is town
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:58 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 57, Taly wrote:I don't understand why "getting out of RVS" response is a scumclaim? I'm referring to 46. I don't see where he claimed scum, or if I'm reading correctly?
it was just my attempt at a joke (which never seem to be picked up on)

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:00 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 61, Trekkie99 wrote::lol: No I'm not worried about the jury potentially scumreading me. Why should I? And yes votes do matter because they help the jury come to their conclusions.
i still just don't feel like this is a town reaction. if you're town you
should
be worried about the jury scumreading you and your own mislynch – most townies, in my experience and myself included, tend to get pretty rattled when voted incorrectly or when there's a risk of their mislynch.

this sort of nonchalance just comes across as faked

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:05 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 67, TonyMontana wrote:I might be biased here, but that’s a terrible theory.
i like how you say this before i give a single ounce of reasoning for what i was saying. and when i say "i like", i actually mean "i really don't like".

is there some reason in particular you have to disagree, or are you just trying to argue with me?
In post 68, TonyMontana wrote:
In post 34, northsidegal wrote: the jury literally
can't
add their own opinion to the mix.
First off, technically they can after the second lynch. But I was merely talking about them adding their opinion in the form of votes.

For what it’s worth, which is probably nil in terms of info, I signed up late and was not aware of the option of opting in/out of jury duty.
okay? yes, i know that they can make a
single post
after the second lynch. that isn't a lot of help to us until the third day.

what's more, they can't "add an opinion to the mix" in terms of votes, because there's no votecount or anything that their votes show up on. their "opinion" is just the lynch.

i don't even understand what main point you're trying to make here and it makes me feel like you're just arguing points for the sake of arguing, without actually trying to sort.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:06 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 70, Taly wrote:I already said this to a degree; what do you think about my reads thus far?
i like your apthet townread and as i'm sure you know still somewhat disagree with your trekkie townread

elaborate on xyzzy town? i don't really disagree (i'm townleaning him), i just want to hear your reasoning

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:07 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 71, xyzzy wrote:
In post 66, northsidegal wrote:
In post 65, schadd_ wrote:prodding tonymontana and darklighta
just gut i feel like this might be one of those games where most top posters are town and scum are in the lurkers

phoneposting right now so will respond in more depth when i can
what gives you that impression? imo in this sort of setup the mafia aren't necessarily incentivized one way or the other -- there are enough possible mislynches that scum shouldn't be the biggest lurkers, but in a normal game, you can tell whether the people who might vote you think you're lurker scum or just a town lurker by reading what they say about you. they don't have that luxury here.
-shrug-

it was really just kind of a gut ping. i've played in and seen a few games recently where that was the case, and while i was thinking about this game i just had that sort of feeling.

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:09 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 72, TonyMontana wrote:
In post 70, Taly wrote:
@TonyMontana
, I have a townlean on about 4 people so far that has been active in the thread, do you think I'm wrong with anything?
Probably wrong about something. :p

A bit busy just these days, due to holidays, but I’m gonna try to get some more substantive comments going tomorrow. To start with, I think your posts are good. That’s not a town read, just a good player read. Same goes for xyzzy, and to that point if you base your reads mostly on whether people are acting like town, you can quickly be a victim to good scum players. So I don’t put much stock in that in itself, but it can of course be supportive to other reads.
I think you make good points in defense of Trekkie, which I thought was getting a too quick push.
really don't like this post

expertly avoids actually really giving any read

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:12 pm

Post by northsidegal »

apthet's theory on taly!scum
is
interesting, but i don't really think that scum actually do things like try to disrupt correct townreads as their primary strategy all that often. yes, it happens, but only in specific scenarios i think

again, could be being suckered by taly's playstyle, but i don't think so

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:15 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 86, xyzzy wrote:TOWN
Taly
TonyMontana

apthet
northsidegal

DarkLightA
Clemency
Trekkie99
NOT TOWN

the bottom part of this might shift once replacements show up
explain tony being town?
In post 88, Enter wrote: I'll start. VOTE: NSG

Discuss something other than meta, pls.
i don't think that's a fair accusation. i brought up theory in the absolute beginning of the game when:
1) i felt it was important to talk about and
2) there was nothing else to talk about

past that point i
have
discussed real reads. explain how i haven't?

things fall apart
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:20 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 106, TonyMontana wrote:Right off the bat northsidegal tries to diminish the power of the townside. The proposal to turn this into a 2:6 scenario by having the jury adhere to a vote is not only futile, but it is also essentially reducing what is kind of a 2:9 game.
Maybe it's just a lapse of logic, but it certainly is not pro-town.
this isn't a 2:9 game. it just isn't. you can say that "oh, the jury can add their opinion!", but it just isn't true.

for all intents and purposes of the people
actually in the thread
, if there isn't at least
some
kind of connection between what the people want and what the jury decides, it's literally no better than playing 2:6 nightless with random lynching. that's already townsided – my proposal would turn it to 2:6 nightless
without
random lynching, a significant improvement.

if you were paying attention at all you would also notice that i later agreed that, rather than it following a strict vote, the jury should lynch out of a "lynchpool" of players that we come to agree upon. my initial proposal of following exactly a votecount was just that – an initial proposal.

it's just categorically false to say that what i was doing as anti-town. the
exact opposite
is true.
Meanwhile she tries to have her cake and eat it too by questioning apthet's town read on xyzzy, while at the same time not only criticizing trekkie for essentially doing the same but also essentially starting the fakevote wagon on him.
what? elaborate on this specifically, please?

things fall apart
apthet
apthet
Goon
apthet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:21 pm

Post by apthet »

Stuck to my phone for now! I have some new thoughts, will be happy to share in the morning.
sometimes i want to rest
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:22 pm

Post by northsidegal »

i mean, even beyond it being pro-town, i'll still also argue that it just makes it a more enjoyable game if the jury follows what we're saying

it's really not enjoyable to play a game where there's no connection between what you do in thread and what actually happens, and you don't just have to take it from me:
In post 102, Enter wrote:I feel so weak and powerless

things fall apart
Enter
Enter
for the homies
Enter
for the homies
for the homies

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2019 10:28 pm

Post by Enter »

I honestly just wanted you to post. I'll look over what you've said.

UNVOTE:
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:51 am

Post by TonyMontana »

In post 118, northsidegal wrote: this isn't a 2:9 game. it just isn't. you can say that "oh, the jury can add their opinion!", but it just isn't true.

for all intents and purposes of the people
actually in the thread
, if there isn't at least
some
kind of connection between what the people want and what the jury decides, it's literally no better than playing 2:6 nightless with random lynching. that's already townsided – my proposal would turn it to 2:6 nightless
without
random lynching, a significant improvement.
I don't understand why you keep calling the lynches random. At the very least the jury is taking our discussions into account. We don't have votes, they don't have a voice. We, as a town, are their voice. And in turn they act as our lynching jury. We don't need to communicate to cooperate.

And my response was that instead of the jury going by our votes, they could just as well count up the votes, and then add their own (without neither disregarding the vote or overruling it).

It's all very moot, because even if we could convince the jury to follow any kind of plan, we don't have a voting system, and our voting behaviour reflects it.
northsidegal wrote:it's really not enjoyable to play a game where there's no connection between what you do in thread and what actually happens
I just think you are missing the point. There is a connection, at least I believe there is, and that's what make it enjoyable. The first lynch was a dud, but I believe when the jury lynches you, we will have a lot more to talk about. Like trying to figure out who your scumbuddy is.
Hell, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, let's say you flip townie. Then we'll have to discuss whether getting you lynched was a scum plan by me.
Point being that any of these discussions will inform the jury and that's a direct connection. And you seem to want to avoid that connection. Take agency away from the jury, leave us to fight amongst ourself.

I say the jury should show both their power and ability to listen to reason, lynch northsidegal.
Lynching me would probably accomplish the same, but would only delay the inevitable.
Upcoming
Mini
Trekkie99
Trekkie99
Goon
Trekkie99
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2019 1:57 am

Post by Trekkie99 »

In post 105, TonyMontana wrote:I'm not one to doubt our honorable judges, but this lynch seems peculiar.

Clemency's only activity was an RVS vote back and forth with trekkie, who in contrast with his activity has been the most active player so far.

Was hoping to have something more to go on after a lynch, but this is pretty much a complete zero in the info department.
My thoughts exactly. :(
Trekkie99
Trekkie99
Goon
Trekkie99
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:14 am

Post by Trekkie99 »

In post 120, northsidegal wrote:i mean, even beyond it being pro-town, i'll still also argue that
it just makes it a more enjoyable game if the jury follows what we're saying

it's really not enjoyable to play a game where there's no connection between what you do in thread and what actually happens, and you don't just have to take it from me:
In post 102, Enter wrote:I feel so weak and powerless
Is it just me or do I keep hearing this? Of course the jury is listening to us! What do you think they're doing? Ignoring our discussions and throwing a dart at a board and lynching however the dart lands on? I feel like your upset that you have no control of the situation or the jury. Because as town this shouldn't be a concern knowing the jury is of course town. Do you think the jury has poor judgement?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”