Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:27 pm

Post by Eragon »

Page 1-

I like this entrance because it shows, whats the word, kinda like not afraid of being called out because they vote the fake names until finally *shocker* coming to a realization of the name, its not strong but something to keep in mind. On a different note the byplay with rooroo is a bit off-putting, and the “chainsaw” but it all feels natural.
this made me laugh, which I always like in RvS, NAI though
after somewhere around 9-10 posts in the thread, opening with a naked vote and then disappearing is a bit awkward, and I feel its just kinda… boring? I feel town opens up with a comment similar to cult of athena, with some sort of funny remark on the going-ons, but just dropping a vote and disappearing is… just kinda blegh.
same goes for EwoF
- 18. I know its more or less a joke read, but I like the fact that invisibility shows some sort of grind to find reads. And of course, you cant expect much being that its from RvS, so I get towny pings. Also natural IMO.
I don’t like this vote, because its a naked vote that (doesnt seem to be) isn’t RvS and I don’t see why “getting early town pings on invisibility” is scummy? Its their opinion, you can disagree with them certainly, but thats no cause for a vote.
I don’t really think its spamming the thread, and this feels like a bit of shade, calling their posts “null/OTT”

End of Page 1

Town leans( light ofc)- Invisibility, Cultofathena
Mild mild scum leans, more null than anything- Assasin, EwoF
Scumlean(light)- Slaxx

Rest: null

im
almost
done with page 2 but i gotta scram now.

Will finish catching up later

saiyanara and as of this post i have the same post count as 3 different players in this game
Show
"follow your heart but take your brain with you"
"Get away... from me...!"

Get to know a Dark Shadow!
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=78520
Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:24 pm

Post by Eragon »

nothing ;_:

i was hoping for at least 1 post

Spoiler: big picture

finishing catching up now.
Show

kitcat
kitcat
Goon
kitcat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:33 pm

Post by kitcat »

In post 164, Pink Ball wrote:Could you explain why do you think me feeling tunneled is scummy? And look at rethoric here: I said I feel tunneled, not THINK I'm being tunneled. You know that's different.
I don't think SA is really tunneling you right now. Your reaction to SA's push feels a bit like an overaction to me
In post 175, Eragon wrote:Scumlean(light)- Slaxx
Is this because of his vote on me on page1?
Also your entrance feels kinda townie to me

And I approve of the cute cat pictures!
Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:38 pm

Post by Eragon »

In post 177, kitcat wrote:
In post 164, Pink Ball wrote:Could you explain why do you think me feeling tunneled is scummy? And look at rethoric here: I said I feel tunneled, not THINK I'm being tunneled. You know that's different.
I don't think SA is really tunneling you right now. Your reaction to SA's push feels a bit like an overaction to me
In post 175, Eragon wrote:Scumlean(light)- Slaxx
Is this because of his vote on me on page1?
Also your entrance feels kinda townie to me

And I approve of the cute cat pictures!
partly i really didn't like the naked vote that (didn't seem to be RvS) had no reasoning and was right after you made a post about thinking invisi is town, then coming back with saying invisi is OTT.

Basically what im seeing is that they voted you because they disagreed with your read on invisi, which is not a towny mindset, as Townies have opposing opinions often.

and also calling invisi "spamming" and "OTT" sorta unsparks discussion, because i definitely didn't notice "spam" and apparantly scumreading someone for posting makes people want to post less.

as i said originally i thought their entrance was fine, but then the vote and the explanation/SR on invisi thing didn't sit well with me.

reminder those were still from page 1 so nothing is solid yet in my mind lmao

(cats 4 life)
Show

Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:00 pm

Post by Eragon »

Page 2-

I dont trust anyone that says “trust me” /s
RQS lel
what? So you find OTT being towny? Self-voting doesn’t draw extra attention and is perfectly able to self-vote. However, this early having a read on someone and being able to back it up with some… reasoning… is pretty good and shows initiative.
this feels like unnessecary shade on kitcat, I could be wrong if I’m reading the implications wrong, and why do you think pink ball is a good vote?
why do you straight up assume he’s calling you out for drawing attention? He mentioned nothing of the kind and it feels wolfy putting reasons in someone else’s mouth(computer? Idk w/e, you get the meaning)
could have fooled me :lol:
towny post, for multiple reasons. 1: I mindmeld strongly :3. 2. It shows scum hunting and town hunting, I like the townread on kitcat given reasons, and it seems thought through without scum progression.
yikes thats cold. But how is rooroo the most useless when they had more posts than people that posted twice???
you are being weird this game?? I didn’t notice lol. Even so, bringing up reasons that might not be for your townread is towny, and I don’t think scum would say “im being weird this game” about someone town reading them.
I’m having trouble putting this one into words but I don’t like this post. It feels just… off to me? It almost feels a little like shade, saying that “your vote it stupid and really took no effort and this is why it was trash ^.
I’ve seen 0 progression on why you think invisibility is scum
it might just be because I replaced in but I really don’t understand the reasoning behind this post or why you posted it.
what is this vote for?
repeats a question they asked on the same page… basically just posting to post.

End of page 2

Town read- Athena
Town lean - Invisi
Null town- kit cat
Null-Rooroo
Null scum- EwoF, Pinkball
Scum lean-assassin
Scum read- Slaxx

Ok seeing as im leaning null scum or greater on 4 people, im probably judging a bit too harsh. I’ll keep reading and see how it changes towards the end.

Page 3

towny tone, but nothing huge. I just feel town is more likely to acknowledge and point out their mistakes than scum.
NGL I had to look up what bombastic meant to understand this post. Ok seeing what bombastic means, why do you think its towny for someone to post a lot of posts that have no meaning? Or inflated posts or whatever it means. So. Many. Big. Words. ARGH. “Fallacious” this is a towny post as well because I feel scum would just try to ride the new player but not outright say they are a new player, and if anyone asks, just say “ I was trying not to out I was an alt” its simple to get more easily townread but not have many repercussions in the end. Town wants to be read correctly, with full information, so they out they are an alt.
lol
never change, even if I can’t understand what you are saying, you are speaking the language of the gods. Im just going to go with my gut here and think you said “JARBLGARFUGHBLEGH” (jk) you are basically saying that rooroo made a forced joke about “rolling scum” because they wanted to make a “townie” entrance post so you think its kinda LAMIST. Am I getting the feel?
“do you have a case on rooroo” when its page 3 with 60 posts. Honestly what do you expect? This feels like trying to provide “Activity” without actually doing anything.
but…. Why might he be a scum, not “he might be a scum”…
/s
being new doesn’t mean you can get away with vote dropping randomly and not having any explanation.
mindmeld town tbh
PRAISE THE SUN WE HAVE A REASON. I actually think that this is thought through and towny read. Have a slight townread even though you were a hardhat about giving a reason <_<
mindmeld on the post about slaxx and then asking for the reasoning on the “willing to vote” stuff is NAI but I like the mind meld :3.
yes invisi, yes kit cat nice. Why do/did you think ofrhz, and by extension, me, is scum?
captain obvious here with a post that means absolutely nothing
I dont like the kinda high-handed tone here. like, “isnt it OBVIOUS that #56 is forced wow how dumb are you to not see that” also as invisi said this post doesnt explain your vote before hand, unless you know what people post before its posted…
captain obvious here with a post that means absolutely nothing
then why didnt you express those in your reasoning? Now your just reaching for things to post on justification for the vote.

End of Page 3

Town read- Athena, Invisi
Town lean - Kit cat
Null town- rooroo
Null-
Null scum- EwoF,
Scum lean-assassin, pinkball
Scum read- Slaxx

So far im feeling very good about a town block of Athena and Invisi, not expecting those to change

Slaxx is a pretty strong scumread right now but viable to change

The rest will be changing as I go on

I'll post this now for brain food. Im still working on the rest.
Show

rooroo
rooroo
Goon
rooroo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:11 pm

Post by rooroo »

hi, why is coa such a strong read for you?
washed upside-down
Eyes without a face
Eyes without a face
Goon
Eyes without a face
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:25 pm

Post by Eyes without a face »

In post 163, Sleepless Assassin wrote:
In post 158, Eyes without a face wrote:@invis: are you usually that flip floppy with your vote? and is it just at the start of the game or an all-game-long thing?

ofrhz replace out is odd. not sure why they would do that, but I think I read somewhere that it's against the rules if they were scum, so maybe they're town for that reason?
Yeah that's not a rule. Some questions for you though. Are you usually slow to develop reads? Are you planning on doing something to get reads or just hoping they come to you? If you're doing something, what is it and when?
Am I usually slow to develop reads? I guess. There hasn't been much to base any reads on anyway.
Am I planning on doing something to get reads? Like what? I dunno what to do to get reads. It usually develops over time by looking for contradictions in someones posts.
What is it? I just told you. I am waiting for someone to say something that looks like a contradiction to what they said earlier. That's all I can do on day one I guess. I believe we can get more information during the night though so maybe I will have more to say on day two if we are lucky.
Eyes without a face
Eyes without a face
Goon
Eyes without a face
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:42 pm

I think Eragon is town enough.

VOTE: unvote
Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:43 pm

Post by Eragon »

this is what i had on CoA

this made me laugh, which I always like in RvS, NAI though
towny post, for multiple reasons. 1: I mindmeld strongly :3. 2. It shows scum hunting and town hunting, I like the townread on kitcat given reasons, and it seems thought through without scum progression.
mindmeld on the post about slaxx and then asking for the reasoning on the “willing to vote” stuff is NAI but I like the mind meld :3.
yes invisi, yes kit cat nice. Why do/did you think ofrhz, and by extension, me, is scum?

this is what i've had so far, i like that they feel natural and they are actively solving the game and using their posts wisely, their posts show intent to solve and just putting thoughts out there. Plus the fact i mindmeld strongly with them means its from a towny PoV :^)
Show

Eyes without a face
Eyes without a face
Goon
Eyes without a face
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:44 pm

Eragon is town
Invis might be

rooroo & CoA are town leans

1. Eyes without a face
2. Eragon
3. Invisibility
4. rooroo
5. CultOfAthena
--------------------
6. Sleepless Assassin
7. Slaxx
8. kitcat
9. Pink Ball

6-9 are not in any particular order. You can say they are still unsorted by me.
Eyes without a face
Eyes without a face
Goon
Eyes without a face
Goon
Goon

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:00 pm

VOTE: Slaxx

Reason: Out of my 4 unsorted slots

1- I didn't want to put Pink Ball at L-1 in case he is town.
2- I didn't want to make Assassins an equally competent wagon in case Pink Ball was scum.
3- I don't want it to look like I'm voting kitcat because she's voting me.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:08 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Lol
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:09 pm

Post by Slaxx »

None of those reasons are reasons you think I’m Mafia
Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:14 pm

Post by Eragon »

Page 4

I don’t necessarily consider a vote thats been around for about 30 posts to be vote parking hmmmm…
pressure is good for almost any target, pressure helps discern alignment, especially from low posters it sparks a defense. They might be easy targets, but easy targets can still be scum targets.
you don’t need to put more effort than everyone else, you just need to actually try.
same fucking goes for you pinkball, you haven’t done shit and your still continuing just to jump in and post things that mean batshit.
is this a pressure vote or did you think ofrhz was scum? If its the latter, why?
or you know, you could actually fucking post something useful for a change. Im actually getting kind of pissed off here.
indeed
What about all that “posturing” or whatever you scumread invisi for? As soon as they unvote rooroo you drop the vote on them????? why? The fact they unvoted doesn’t change anything, just their vote.
yes it felt townie but what about their reluctance to give the reasoning in the first place?
why are you “heavily considering it” you haven’t even said a word about ofrhz the entire game
so you were waiting the entire time for this one thing??? Jesus christ.
this game isn’t about giving town reads to people “Wanting” to be townread, its ABOUT. MAKING. FRICKIN. TOWNREADS.

End of Page 4

Town lean - Kit cat
Null town- rooroo
Null-
Null scum- EwoF,
Scum lean-assassin,
Scum read- Slaxx, pinkball

This page was just a bunch on Invisi and slaxx with Pinkball hopping in so nothing really changes except pinkball is scummier

Page 5

another post that means so much and that I will always hold dear to my poor fucking heart thats 2 sizes too small
heartily agree
IF you want to make the game less engaged actually do things wow imagine that. It might actually provoke content that provokes more content jeez I didn’t know such a thing was possible.
again literally not 1 mention of ofhrZ in their ISO, this is blatant sheeping to put someone to L-1 without even mentioning them.
wow you actually posted a little content. And all it is is a townread on invisi which is very easy and saying your RvS vote is a real vote without explanation which is lazy.
is it bad that I feel town!pinkball would have hammered here because they wouldn’t be as scared of pressure on them for hammering?
why do you think slaxx is town. (you can tell me slaxx will never see it lol ecks dee)
when the fuck did invisi become a townread to you? And your still leaning scum on ofhrz as your strongest read without a single mention. This progression is out of the world.
just doesn’t seem at all like a towny post and again, if he was actually town and wanted to lolhammer, he probably would have. Unless its all just a big meme.
agreed
because its a multiple quote post each quote/response is 1 number
Then why did you say “kitcat still thinks scum doesn’t draw attention” or whatever you said?
No comment
I dont see any bad timing with the RvS post and I feel it was a nice, natural post. I do agree cult got towny as the day went on(in a sense). Agree about Pinkball. Why is it towny that ofhrz pointed out he didn’t answer a question?
Agreed

Bonus: Good vote
but if you think they’re heading in a certain direction that means its not a current scumread :facts:
First off, that post was after pinkball’s, so its quite possibly he just didn’t get there. Second off, at least invisi posted something and has been producing actual content so far. And then shading by putting a “motive” behind Assasin’s posts.
you can be thinking about more than 1 thing. If you are waiting for something just don’t mention it and read other things. You don’t get to not do shit just cause “im waiting to see how things go and see if something happens” “your scumread on me is atrocious, even my lolposts are better” certainly not I think you should go check yourself.

Town lean - Kit cat
Null town- rooroo, assassin
Null-
Null scum- EwoF,
Scum lean-

didn;t change much but im more confident on both slaxx and pinkball, and I have slight town feels on assassin

Page 6-

there is a thing called reads? Where you read someone’s posts and see if they are scummy or town? Thats kinda the point of FM.
“Im a sucker for a good wagon and yet im voting someone I havent talked about yet” seems legit.
you cant find one thing that you can read? Not one thing? seriously?
what why how when where who where am I is this the wrong game are we seeing the same post????
so replacing out means you can’t have a wagon? Someone replacing out is definitely not still scum?
o god the pocketing
what shade?
but I thought it was a “good wagon” and also you actually think he’s tunneling?
ookay, I still don’t see how its a tunnel
we dont need any angleshooting tyvm.
uhh I don’t understand this post please explain. And this does feel like shade actually, like “interesting, I dont know how or why you see this and its weird and confusing” just doesn’t sit right. I don’t feel that assassin and pinkball are ever SvS though.

End of Page 6

Town lean - Kit cat
Null town- rooroo,
Null-
Null scum- EwoF, assassin
Scum lean-

Assasin dropped down to scum but im pretty sure assassin and pinkball are TvS so if one flips scum the other should be town. For now im leaning pinkball as scum and assassin as town though

okay im finished for the night, will finish when i have time in the morning.
hit me with questions i might be around intermittently until i fall asleep
Show

Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:23 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Oh Jesus am I gonna have to defend myself pbp?

136: How is it pocketing if we are both your strongest scumreads?
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:24 pm

Post by Slaxx »

126: He hadn’t posted much and I said I have a good handle on reading him. So. How’s that scummy? Seems pretty consistent to me.
Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:25 pm

Post by Eragon »

In post 189, Slaxx wrote:Oh Jesus am I gonna have to defend myself pbp?

1. I could be wrong about one or both of your alignments
2. NGL I have seen scum “pocket” scum before
3. It’s still a disgusting post
Show

Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:26 pm

Post by Slaxx »

121: I pointed out an inconsistency in play. Also, “shading” by guessing a motive behind a post- isn’t that what we are all doing here? Doesn’t seem like shading.
Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:26 pm

Post by Eragon »

In post 190, Slaxx wrote:126: He hadn’t posted much and I said I have a good handle on reading him. So. How’s that scummy? Seems pretty consistent to me.
Point is, you haven’t tried to sort him.

And you had voted him and had him as a scumread before this post, so you can’t say “consistent”

If you have a “good handle on reading him” then why didn’t you try reading the posts he made and commenting on them?
Show

Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:27 pm

Post by Slaxx »

135: My vote was to preside OfhrZ for a read because I felt like I could read him.

Why park my vote on a replacement when it can be used elsewhere? Come the hell on. In no way did I insinuate ofhrZ wasn’t scum by replacing our. Talk about assigning motivation to people christ
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:28 pm

Post by Slaxx »

In post 193, Eragon wrote:
In post 190, Slaxx wrote:126: He hadn’t posted much and I said I have a good handle on reading him. So. How’s that scummy? Seems pretty consistent to me.

And you had voted him and had him as a scumread before this post, so you can’t say “consistent”

If you have a “good handle on reading him” then why didn’t you try reading the posts he made and commenting on them?
Lol. Look at his ISO. I needed more. Dude.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:29 pm

Post by Slaxx »

In post 193, Eragon wrote:

My vote was trying to sort him. To pressure him into actually playing.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:30 pm

Post by Slaxx »

In post 191, Eragon wrote:
In post 189, Slaxx wrote:Oh Jesus am I gonna have to defend myself pbp?

1. I could be wrong about one or both of your alignments
2. NGL I have seen scum “pocket” scum before
3. It’s still a disgusting post
“3. It’s still a disgusting post” means like nothing.

1, yes you could. And 2, I don’t think that’s the right terminology but that’s not a fruitful discussion.
Eragon
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Eragon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:31 pm

Post by Eragon »

In post 192, Slaxx wrote:121: I pointed out an inconsistency in play. Also, “shading” by guessing a motive behind a post- isn’t that what we are all doing here? Doesn’t seem like shading.

I didn’t say you didnt point out an inconsistency.

I said you called him scum for something he hasn’t notably “passed” in thread yet and you didn’t know if he was going to comment on it.

It was after the post pinkball made(invisi’s post was) so until he has passed that point in thread you can’t assume that he won’t comment and that he’s scum for that.

Also, I pointed out the fact that the 2 scenarios are different.
Pinkball refuses any information/reads to give and invisible only didn’t fully explain one read.
Big difference there IMO

and I didn’t say guessing a motive
You assigned a motive to his posts, which is what I believe is shading.
That’s what I see, that’s what I think
Show

Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2019 6:32 pm

Post by Slaxx »

109 I liked him for town after “slaxx is town but I’m not gonna tell you why” that blatant calling out your lack of reasons I’ve found comes more from town. Scum either try to appease with reads or try to hide the fact they’re not giving strong reasons.

Return to “Completed Open Games”