Newbie 1913 - game over!!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:43 pm

Post by volxen »

In post 344, xwing wrote:hey guys, im back from vacation..
im still fine with either a yellow or saint lynch, and im still suspecting DT/BlurryX slot..
i mostly skimmed and didnt see any questions directed at me though, so lemme know if i missed any questions for me..
i agree that yellow's defeatist attitude is anti-town, but not too sure if it's town or scum indicative..meta points are towards scum yellow though..
I have a lot of concerns about DoubtingThomas's slot (now BlurryX's slot) as well. The three major things that really pinged me about DT were:

1) How he was so quick to give Akagami (Roo's predecessor) a "good amount of town credit" for posting but not voting in RVS after five people had already voted. "Easy" townreads at the beginning of the game are a red flag for me, because I expect people to be more skeptical of everyone else, especially at such an early stage of the game where there is very little content. I questioned him about this and the first time he responded to me, but then I asked him follow-up questions about it which he never responded to. After he came back after his first prod he quoted and responded to some posts directed to him (and these posts came
AFTER
my post with the follow-up questions), but he never responded to my post, and I don't see how he could have missed my post given that he responded to posts that came after my post. I even re-quoted my post with the follow-up questions and posted them a second time, and he still never responded, so he may have just been trying to avoid the issue altogether:
In post 74, volxen wrote:
In post 72, DoubtingThomas wrote:
In post 33, volxen wrote:
In post 21, DoubtingThomas wrote:I think akagami has good town cred for not voting despitr having like 4 ppl vote before them and itd be easy and tempting to just rvs someone as a wolf
Akagami wasn’t even supposed to post, since he was replaced by Roo (who did place an RVS vote). Nonetheless, why do you think Akagami’s slot deserves town credit for posting but not placing an RVS vote? Voting during the early game/RVS helps to move the game forward by generating discussion and allowing us to see how people respond to votes/pressure, and we ultimately have to lynch scum to win, so voting is a pro-town action. Just popping in to say “hi” doesn’t help to move the game forward. And why make the comment that “itd be easy and tempting to just rvs someone as a wolf”? Most people (regardless of alignment) vote for someone during RVS.
I already explained it.

He didn't vote when 4 people in front of him did.

As a wolf, your mindset naturally tends to be "I want to assimilate with the crowd (towns people who are not on your team)"

You see 4 people vote in front of you, you may
think
it's more natural to vote with them

the dude didn't

i think that comes from a townie mindset that wants to focus on themselves rather than be fake and "look" like they are townie
I just looked at Akagami’s profile, and while he has been on this site for a few months, this is actually the first game he has ever played in (though technically he wasn’t supposed to post because Roo had already replaced him). So it’s possible that he simply isn’t familiar with RVS and that’s why he made a “hi” post without voting for anyone. So I find his lack of voting during RVS to be NAI (not alignment-indicative).

I agree with you in the general sense that scum wants to blend in and try to look towny, but I don’t think that realistically translates to a lack of an RVS vote (after other people have already voted) being town-indicative just because it goes against the norm. Voting early on helps to generate discussion, which helps to move the game along faster and helps town to make a more informed lynch on day one. Not voting and just saying “hi” doesn’t advance the game, so it’s not really a pro-town action.

In any case, is it specifically the fact that he made that “hi” post without voting after five people had already voted that you find be towny? If he was the first person to post in the game, and if he had posted that same “hi” post without voting, would you still have found his lack of an RVS vote to be towny?
In post 228, volxen wrote:@DoubtingThomas, can you get back to me on this?
In post 74, volxen wrote:
In post 72, DoubtingThomas wrote:
In post 33, volxen wrote:
In post 21, DoubtingThomas wrote:I think akagami has good town cred for not voting despitr having like 4 ppl vote before them and itd be easy and tempting to just rvs someone as a wolf
Akagami wasn’t even supposed to post, since he was replaced by Roo (who did place an RVS vote). Nonetheless, why do you think Akagami’s slot deserves town credit for posting but not placing an RVS vote? Voting during the early game/RVS helps to move the game forward by generating discussion and allowing us to see how people respond to votes/pressure, and we ultimately have to lynch scum to win, so voting is a pro-town action. Just popping in to say “hi” doesn’t help to move the game forward. And why make the comment that “itd be easy and tempting to just rvs someone as a wolf”? Most people (regardless of alignment) vote for someone during RVS.
I already explained it.

He didn't vote when 4 people in front of him did.

As a wolf, your mindset naturally tends to be "I want to assimilate with the crowd (towns people who are not on your team)"

You see 4 people vote in front of you, you may
think
it's more natural to vote with them

the dude didn't

i think that comes from a townie mindset that wants to focus on themselves rather than be fake and "look" like they are townie
I just looked at Akagami’s profile, and while he has been on this site for a few months, this is actually the first game he has ever played in (though technically he wasn’t supposed to post because Roo had already replaced him). So it’s possible that he simply isn’t familiar with RVS and that’s why he made a “hi” post without voting for anyone. So I find his lack of voting during RVS to be NAI (not alignment-indicative).

I agree with you in the general sense that scum wants to blend in and try to look towny, but I don’t think that realistically translates to a lack of an RVS vote (after other people have already voted) being town-indicative just because it goes against the norm. Voting early on helps to generate discussion, which helps to move the game along faster and helps town to make a more informed lynch on day one. Not voting and just saying “hi” doesn’t advance the game, so it’s not really a pro-town action.

In any case, is it specifically the fact that he made that “hi” post without voting after five people had already voted that you find be towny? If he was the first person to post in the game, and if he had posted that same “hi” post without voting, would you still have found his lack of an RVS vote to be towny?

2) His whole... essay on self-meta, where he basically came to the conclusion that if he were another player in this game, he would "have a slight scumread on DT but really have DT as a nullread". The whole thing just looked like a roundabout way for him to try and make himself look towny, by giving the unexpected answer that he wouldn't be townreading himself if he were another player in the game:
In post 186, DoubtingThomas wrote:
In post 180, hearthstone1235 wrote:@DoubtingThomas

Assuming you were another player in the game, would you scumread Doubtingthomas?

Would be nice if you addressed this:

Doubting Thomas is asking very general questions rather than pointed ones, that seems like being active lurking. I mean, there is a difference between asking someone what they think of the gamestate and what they think of a specific slot or a specific post. I feel like we are at the point where the questions should be specific rather than general. The questions just seem too easy.
Also, how about you? What are your thoughts on the game so far? What do you think of Roo and Volxen in particular?
I am going to be very honest with you, and this will probably seem very egotistical/over-confident and you will probably hate it and maybe use those personal feelings to scum read me but whatever

I am also going to be telling you the 100% truth and giving you this answer pretending I am another player who is completely aware of how DoubtingThomas works (well, because I am DoubtingThomas)

No, I won't for several reasons

Well, first, what brass has pointed out is very true. Asking 'general' question is an easy way for scums to make themselves
LOOK
like they are trying to solve. Brass makes an extremely good point that such questions are often >rand wolf for people, especially newer players.

He mentions also that asking "pin pointed" questions are beter than general questions. This is true. However, what he forgets is that good wolves will do townie things. Bad towns will do scummy things.

I am a pretty good wolf. Compared to my town game, I am a really good wolf. I have a pretty good win record as wolf (6-2? ish) and I have almost never been mislynched as a wolf (although I have been n1 vigged by towns two times by people who know my meta well)

The point brass is making is pretty good, and can generally be considered as kind of a "rule of thumb" especially in a newbie game like this one

But at the same time, if werewolf games were that easy, we won't have any good players right? Towns have done really dumb/anti-town things all the time. To the point where it is better for some of them to just kinda be policy lynched for being so bad.

I think I am going nowhere this pep talk. I have an issue always just rambling and talking abotu random shit that is unnecessary and that's why I don't do well in my job interviews.

Anyways, the point being, what Brass said is true to some extent. But it is not a good tell to one of the more experienced players.

Now let's go back to what I personally think about DT based on what I know.

DT has 9000 posts in a different website called Mafia Universe where he created the account mid-July of 2018. On record, he has about ~55 games played. A lot of them are turbos (which are very short 18min/6min mini games) and loves to play on 12hours/12hours phases or at the most 36/12hours phases. He subbed out of a lot of games on mafia scum when he joined a bunch couple months ago because the week long phases just was too much/boring for DT who likes to post a shitton

Given that, I think DT's overall performance here has been underwhelming for sure. However, I also know that DT
LOVES
to wolf. He loves to town too, but loves to wolf a lot more. He is also a far better wolf than town. What Brass has commented which is definitely lackluster of DT is never really a wolf tell for him. Rather, personally, I think it makes DT >rand town because he will high post and generate content as both alignment, quite frankly, but he will never be caught as a wolf for not really doing anything or trying to act fakely townie

DT will do what he does as town as a wolf. The questions he asks, the comments he make, the shitposts he writes, and the pushes he commits always come from the fact that he truly
BELIEVES
in (as a town) that or KNOWS THAT HE WILL BELIEVE it if he were town (as a wolf)

DT not posting any reads/pushes at the moment is slightly ping-y, but I am a little confused because he would have no problem just pushing people who are scummy or even if they are not scummy to see their reaction. His low content is also negative for town so I think he should start stepping his game up and start posting a lot more to carry town to the win.

Right now, I personally would list DT at "very slight scum lean" for low efforting, but secretly know that that is non alignment indicative for him and is only putting him at scum lean to see his reaction. He is a very omgus-y type of a player so that will generate reaction frmo him which will help you learn his alignment

Tl;dr If I am not DT but I know DT's meta and history, I would put him at very slight scum lean to generate reaction to help myself understand his alignment a little more while keeping in mind he is actually null. I would be slightly annoyed that he is not playing to his usual self because no matter what that is that is negative for town and hope that he will start playing. As of now, he isn't one of my main scum suspects tbh

3) His scum-case on Brass, which was based on one rather short post from Brass, seemed fairly over the top:
In post 207, DoubtingThomas wrote:
In post 191, brassherald wrote:
In post 186, DoubtingThomas wrote:
Tl;dr If I am not DT but I know DT's meta and history, I would put him at very slight scum lean to generate reaction to help myself understand his alignment a little more while keeping in mind he is actually null. I would be slightly annoyed that he is not playing to his usual self because no matter what that is that is negative for town and hope that he will start playing. As of now, he isn't one of my main scum suspects tbh
Are you talking about yourself in the third person and reading yourself.

This is why I also hate walls, if you can say something in fewer words, say it that way, this post in general is too hard to follow and I have no clue what you are trying to say.
I think this post is extremely bad in a scummy way

First problem
He attacks the post which was merely an ANSWER to another player's question

Second problem
I see really no point of making this post at all.
He's asking a very simple question that can be kinda inferred to (that I made this post in a third person way) but also at the same time, the question itself doesn't contribute to ANY scum hunting at all. The answer to whether or not I wrote the post in a third person does not help brass know my alignment at all.

Third problem
Then he goes on to attack my post in a way that's NAI and kinda pointless to point out. That "he hates walls" again which is his opinion, and he is free to express it. However, by expressing this opinion along with a pointless question he asked above, he is literally contributing nothing to the thread but still commenting on a post which was not directed towards him at all.

I think him giving out a negative opinion about the post which is not about the content of the post and how that may be townish/scummish of me is usually how scums tend to try to
shade
other players.

Overall, this post has 3 things I hate so much

- Belittling a post in a very indirect yet meaningless way
- Using that negative factor of the post to attack my slot/give a negative impression to others about me
- While in actuality if you look into this post, he contributed absolutely nothing. He did not enhance a conversation between me and him nor gave any useful analysis wrt my post

Furthermore, I think his complaint about how "he hates long post" and "if you have a succinct way of say something, say it in a simpler way" is just kinda really bad approach to the game

I can understand disliking long posts and I am sorry if you think that it makes the point I am trying to get across to be lost in the middle of it, but I make long posts because I tend to get on a tangent and write about all the thoughts I have in the process. To partly show a transparent thought process I have. This way, I can show others how/why I felt/thought abotu something in a certain way and discuss about it with them. Which will help me understand the other person's alignment better

You can dislike long posts and hate my post for not getting straight to the point, but I feel pretty strongly about this.

At the same time, I now think it's
REALLY SCUMMY
for you to just attack my post based on the fact that it's a long post and I didn't get my point across with it. rather than talking/expressing about how that makes me townie/scummy nor actually trying to ask me questions about the confusion you have with the post.

Because if you are town, you should be curious about the confusion you have. You express that you did not understand my post completely, but really don't ask a legit question that will help your clarification. Rather, you focus on how that makes my posting bad. Again, I think that comes from a scummy agenda that you want to give others the impression that I am posting badly.

I believe you are scum here, sir.

VOTE: Brass
In any case, DT is someone I definitely want to look at much more closely. I plan to reread through his entire ISO again, and look through some of his previous completed games to get a better idea of his meta. He has multiple completed towngames on this site (though he has replaced out of several games), and I need to get a better idea of what his town meta looks like because a lot of the things he has said/done in this game are questionable/sketchy from my perspective.
"i agree it was a good that we outed PR volxen early..it's like he suddenly transformed from an ugly duckling into a beautiful(?) swan " - xwing (Newbie 1889: Ice Cream)
BlurryX
BlurryX
Townie
BlurryX
Townie
Townie

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:50 pm

Post by BlurryX »

XWING, just by skimming his posts, is my strongest town-lean. Seems to be committed to furthering discussion which is good. Active, but not indecisive/without any kind of substance - he is taking defined stances on things and putting himself out there more than I think scum would.
BlurryX
BlurryX
Townie
BlurryX
Townie
Townie

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:01 pm

Post by BlurryX »

My strongest scum read right now is Saint. Bandwagons, gets called out for it and pivots to someone else immediately. Either noobtown or scum. I think the more consistent town-play would be to stick to your guns and not immediately cave under pressure.
BlurryX
BlurryX
Townie
BlurryX
Townie
Townie

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:06 pm

Post by BlurryX »

Regarding L84Dnr

Not really seeing what YellowSnow is seeing here. Yes, seems to be mostly focused on YellowSnow, but nothing here has been inconsistent or suspicious there.
YellowSnow
YellowSnow
Goon
YellowSnow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:08 pm

Post by YellowSnow »

He's not sorting he's just trying to discredit me with misreps.
L84Dnr
L84Dnr
Goon
L84Dnr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:35 pm

Post by L84Dnr »

In post 354, YellowSnow wrote:He's not sorting he's just trying to discredit me with misreps.
And how exactly have I misrepresented you?
YellowSnow
YellowSnow
Goon
YellowSnow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:37 pm

Post by YellowSnow »

And now he's playing dumb.
L84Dnr
L84Dnr
Goon
L84Dnr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:42 pm

Post by L84Dnr »

BlurryX, if you missed it, YellowSnow is at L-1, so don't vote him. Roo has notified him of an intent to hammer, but we're holding off to let him have his say.

Could you give us a read on these posts from him?
In post 266, YellowSnow wrote:I'm not going to reply because I've been voted on. Ask nicely and maybe I'll respond.
In post 316, YellowSnow wrote:Because I don't defend myself against awful wagons.
L84Dnr
L84Dnr
Goon
L84Dnr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:43 pm

Post by L84Dnr »

In post 356, YellowSnow wrote:And now he's playing dumb.
No, I'm asking you a simple question. If I've misrepresented what you're saying then you ought to be able to quote the post. It's called evidence.
YellowSnow
YellowSnow
Goon
YellowSnow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:48 pm

Post by YellowSnow »

I did, iso me and you can see where I said you misrepped me.

You're focusing on selective posts you think will incriminate me rather than looking at my whole body of work because you know you're scum and I'm town.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:54 pm

Post by the worst »

vote count 1.17

hearthstone1235 (0) :
YellowSnow (4) : volxen, hearthstone1235, L84Dnr, brassherald
L84Dnr (1) : YellowSnow
BlurryX (1) : SaintAngelDFE
Roo (0) :
SaintAngelDFE (2) : xwing, Roo
volxen (0) :
xwing (0) :
brassherald (0) :

not voting: BlurryX

with 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch.

day one will end automatically in (expired on 2019-01-30 14:00:00) or sooner if a lynch is achieved by majority.

mod notes:
- xwing regular v/la over weekends
- brassherald v/la 4-9th February
- quack
BlurryX
BlurryX
Townie
BlurryX
Townie
Townie

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:56 pm

Post by BlurryX »

In post 357, L84Dnr wrote:BlurryX, if you missed it, YellowSnow is at L-1, so don't vote him. Roo has notified him of an intent to hammer, but we're holding off to let him have his say.

In post 266, YellowSnow wrote:I'm not going to reply because I've been voted on. Ask nicely and maybe I'll respond.
In post 316, YellowSnow wrote:Because I don't defend myself against awful wagons.
Antitown for sure. Antitown != scum though. Also, no intention for me to hammer as of yet. We will see how it looks in 24 hours.
YellowSnow
YellowSnow
Goon
YellowSnow
Goon
Goon

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:05 pm

Post by YellowSnow »

wagon l8 or saint pls.
L84Dnr
L84Dnr
Goon
L84Dnr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:12 pm

Post by L84Dnr »

In post 359, YellowSnow wrote:I did, iso me and you can see where I said you misrepped me.
I can see that without the ISO. I mean that you ought to be able to quote the post where I supposedly misrepped you. Where's the evidence for this misrep?
You're focusing on selective posts you think will incriminate me rather than looking at my whole body of work because you know you're scum and I'm town.
And once again you shift the goalposts for why I'm supposedly scummy.

Yes, I'm focussing on your obviously scummy posts. But since you want a full rundown anybody who cares to check can see that your ISO reveals a litany of low-content one-liners and a pair of RVS votes. The only serious reads and vote that you've made came after Roo threatened to hammer you. And you say I'm not trying to sort! :roll:
L84Dnr
L84Dnr
Goon
L84Dnr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:16 pm

Post by L84Dnr »

In post 361, BlurryX wrote:
In post 357, L84Dnr wrote:BlurryX, if you missed it, YellowSnow is at L-1, so don't vote him. Roo has notified him of an intent to hammer, but we're holding off to let him have his say.

Antitown for sure. Antitown != scum though. Also, no intention for me to hammer as of yet. We will see how it looks in 24 hours.
Granted. I'm concerned that he might be town and just really bad at it.

That said, Volxen posted links to his ISO from a few games back when he was town and it's a night and day contrast.
L84Dnr
L84Dnr
Goon
L84Dnr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:31 pm

Post by L84Dnr »

There aren't any games where YellowSnow has played scum that I'm aware of, but the two where he played town are a pretty sharp contrast. Previously when town he was big on other people explaining themselves and being transparent. That's a complete 180 from his current play.

He's currently my best candidate for lynch. If he's a mislynch then at least he's an anti-town player mislynched.
L84Dnr
L84Dnr
Goon
L84Dnr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:34 pm

Post by L84Dnr »

WTF?!? Didn't BlurryX have a post right before my #365?!? I was just replying to it. where did it go?!?!?
L84Dnr
L84Dnr
Goon
L84Dnr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:37 pm

Post by L84Dnr »

Crap. I was on the previous page! Blurry, my post 365 is in response to your post 349. Sorry for the confusion.

Bedtime for me!
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 12:30 am

Post by the worst »

Prodding hearthstone1235
Roo
Roo
Goon
Roo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:41 am

Post by Roo »

In post 332, YellowSnow wrote:
hearthstone1235 - town, feel like he is actively sorting
YellowSnow - I know I'm town

L84Dnr - Scum for his spot on the Roo wagon and immediately voting me instead of asking questions.

DoubtingThomas - Looks town although he could be using large posts as a scum tactic.

Roo - Scum for active lurking and not really sorting.

SaintAngelDFE - null

volxen - started a little scummy but looks more towny now.
xwing - looks like he is sorting and town
brassherald - Took some flack but looks town based on a previous game I played with him.
In post 346, YellowSnow wrote:I would be willing to switch to saint for the purposes of avoiding a town lynch(me) but I really think l8 is scum.
In post 362, YellowSnow wrote:wagon l8 or saint pls.
Does anyone else think its possible that we are looking at a YellowSnow-Saint team? YellowSnow tries to get us to lynch either myself or L8, so that town lynches a townie. With the fallback being that he directs us to a Saint lynch (who people are already suspicious of) and he loses his scum partner, but at least he can say that he helped start the scum wagon, and that buys him some town cred.

The progression on the Saint read here feels off.
hearthstone1235
hearthstone1235
Townie
hearthstone1235
Townie
Townie

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:09 am

Post by hearthstone1235 »

It seems unlikely, because it is extremely doubtful that it is possible to get a wagon on L8 right now. However the same can't be said for Saint. So if YellowSnow is trying to get not lynched, then the only real target here would be Saint. you're saying that the real target is L8.
Roo
Roo
Goon
Roo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:18 am

Post by Roo »

Yeah I am saying the the real target is L8, but that YellowSnow knows this is a hard target to wagon at this point and is kind of creating this backdoor plan. So if both Yellow and Saint are scum, the best strategy at that point could be for Yellow to try and get the wagon on Saint in order for Yellow to make himself look more town.

I was just trying to think of any reason why Saint would go from null to one of Yellow's targets. The other obvious reason is that Yellow is scum, and is just trying to save himself by focusing on the most obvious target.
hearthstone1235
hearthstone1235
Townie
hearthstone1235
Townie
Townie

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:37 am

In post 275, YellowSnow wrote:Nope, I haven't had the time for it, you've avoided posting altogether for a good portion of day 1.
Roo wrote:I'm not exactly sure what you want me to respond to here. I will admit, as I said in 122 that
I had a couple busy days at work, and only was able to check in about once a day.
I think if you look at my ISO that "avoiding posting altogether" is a bit of an overstatement. And I think as the game has progressed I have contributed substantive thoughts to the game. If YellowSnow still disagrees, there really isn't anything I can do about that.
What makes you think that Roo didn't have time to post as well? Why the hypocritical thinking? Also you didn't respond to this. You didn't respond to my earlier question about how is Roo active lurking. If you want to make a case then surround it with posts. You can't just put on a case without evidence and say just ISO. This looks like easy way for scum to not explain their reads. Because they're fake.
In post 312, YellowSnow wrote:I don't care if I'm lynched. I'm pretty sure there is scum on my wagon so town wins either way. I'll get a reads list done tomorrow.
This doesn't make sense at all. First, you say you don't care if you're lynched then later on you try to get yourself unlynched.
Second, What makes you think that if we lynch you and you're town, we'll win? I don't find this game as obvious to me as you do. Your cases on Roo and L8 weren't that strong.
Third, why are you so sure that there is scum on your wagon?
In post 324, YellowSnow wrote:I'm being scumread because I'm busy and don't have the same amount of time everyone else has evidently. Also I was signed up for a game I didn't intend to sign up for.
If you did sign up for a game you didn't intend to sign up for, why didn't you ask for a replacement from the start of day 1? Why didn't you tell us earlier if you weren't going to have enough time to contribute? I think you were quite happy with the amount of town-leans you got on you early game.
In post 332, YellowSnow wrote:
L84Dnr - Scum for his spot on the Roo wagon and immediately voting me instead of asking questions.
L8 wrote: Wow. :eek: I think that you just fashioned yourself a noose. :facepalm: :dead:

VOTE: Yellow Snow

Please explain why you think that anybody would unvote you for refusing to answer a question
. Pretty please with sugar and cream on top.
The second reason is just. wrong. He attached the question to the vote, which is a standard way to put pressure on someone. If anything he is trying to sort out this case.
And you really can't scumread someone for the sole reason of their position on someone's wagon. Especially if you don't provide any posts/reasons that show why is that scummy.

DoubtingThomas - Looks town although he could be using large posts as a scum tactic.

Why does he look town to you then?

Roo - Scum for active lurking and not really sorting.

I get the case for the "not really sorting" part, Can you elaborate on that?, If you're seeing something we aren't then you should provide reasons to explain it.

Comments in
this color

In post 333, YellowSnow wrote:SInce the roo wagon deflated lets...

VOTE: L84Dnr
Why vote L84Dnr instead of roo? both have 0 votes on them. Do you really think it is likely to get a wagon on L8 now? Notice that we have to lynch someone today.

In post 346, YellowSnow wrote:I would be willing to switch to saint for the purposes of avoiding a town lynch(me) but I really think l8 is scum.
Why? Your reasons for lynching l8 aren't that good. Though I still have to read the argument between you two.
hearthstone1235
hearthstone1235
Townie
hearthstone1235
Townie
Townie

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:40 am

In post 336, YellowSnow wrote:So evidently anything that you declare "standard practice" isn't scummy. That's not much of an answer. You seem like a very reactive player and that oozes scum.
You're not actively sorting just trying to blend in with others who are sorting.
Tbe bolded part is a case that ANYONE can make up. And to avoid explaining it, you can just say "ISO". And when someone disagrees: "You're misrepping me". Sounds familiar?

Okay, seriously, if you're town. You should elaborate more on your cases. If someone is not actively sorting you should link the posts that show that.
brassherald
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
brassherald
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:41 am

Post by brassherald »

At this point, Yellow, if you plan to make any claim, I'd suggest you do it now. I feel like intent has been there for over a day. No one hammer unless he does this, refuses, or it's very very close to deadline, please.
I've only made one good post, and don't you dare accuse me of doing it again.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”