Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4700 (ISO) » Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:29 pm

Post by Ankamius »

In post 4690, northsidegal wrote:-shrug-

yeah, there was a lot of tvt fighting. i think it's true that for most games most fights will be tvt, and that's just numbers, although maybe it also involves a propensity for most scum players to try to avoid conflict.

not trying to attack anyone's play here, but i don't think scum did a good enough job of getting townread or fighting the succinct wagon as they needed to. enter was pretty much the only secret agent who actively got townread – succinct didn't really make enough of an impact as was necessary. (although creature was generally townread)

i dunno. like, once the succinct wagon started it never really went away. most of succinct's responses only served to increase the scumreads, and the only real counterwagon attempts that went anywhere came from town.

it seems to me like succinct was still getting lynched there regardless of whether it ended the game or not. it seems to me like the only reason flubbernugget
wasn't
lynched was the setup. i guess i just don't see it.

do scum deserve to win a game where they're not really all that townread just because there's a lot of town infighting? i don't know.
succinct had a double disadvantage

1. they have had very little time to spend on the game, I know this to be a fact (which is a big reason I never brought it up)
2. there were circumstances in place that prevented them from being proactive this game even if they had the activity to allow it

I think they had no choice but to hope to fly under the radar regardless, it would've been gamelosing to attempt otherwise
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4701 (ISO) » Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:31 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 4697, xRECKONERx wrote:i think the setup was probably
balanced
it was just
swingy

an early scum lynch fucks the scumteam irrevocably

it was almost like white flag kinda in terms of swing/balance

(though i do think if it errs in either direction, it errs on the side of being townsided)
i think that's a pretty good comparison (it was even noted in the setup thread that the fact that two scum lynches in the first two days ends the game is really just similar to white flag)

i think it's swing based on the randomization of the alignments – like tohru described, stronger scum players perhaps getting even more of an advantage compared to a regular game and vice versa.
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
Tohru
Tohru
Goon
Tohru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4702 (ISO) » Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:27 pm

Post by Tohru »

In post 4675, Enter wrote:
In post 4674, Enter wrote:You'll have to forgive me if I snarfed when I read someone saying the game was scum sided.
Ebwop
The only people who said the game was scumsided were Tohru (myself), northsidegal (the really smart host), and Ankamius.

You snarfed at us just because our opinion is different from yours? That's so mean! : (
Tohru
Tohru
Goon
Tohru
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4703 (ISO) » Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:27 pm

Post by Tohru »

In post 4701, northsidegal wrote:
In post 4697, xRECKONERx wrote:i think the setup was probably
balanced
it was just
swingy

an early scum lynch fucks the scumteam irrevocably

it was almost like white flag kinda in terms of swing/balance

(though i do think if it errs in either direction, it errs on the side of being townsided)
i think that's a pretty good comparison (it was even noted in the setup thread that the fact that two scum lynches in the first two days ends the game is really just similar to white flag)

i think it's swing based on the randomization of the alignments – like tohru described, stronger scum players perhaps getting even more of an advantage compared to a regular game and vice versa.
The only sad thing about the setup is that it relies on the element of surprise, so it can't be rerunned.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4704 (ISO) » Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:36 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 4702, Tohru wrote:The only people who said the game was scumsided were Tohru (myself), northsidegal (the really smart host), and Ankamius.
i don't think the setup is necessarily scumsided.
In post 4703, Tohru wrote:The only sad thing about the setup is that it relies on the element of surprise, so it can't be rerunned.
well like i said in the setup thread, i originally designed this as an open and just sort of decided to make it into a spooky closed theme setup. it would definitely change things having town know the setup from the start, but it definitely could still be run again with everything known, i feel.

things fall apart
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #4705 (ISO) » Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:38 pm

Post by Creature »

probably make scum getting lynched D1 or D2 a little less harsh.
Sigh
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4706 (ISO) » Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:38 pm

Post by Ankamius »

This specific game was scum sided because of how it played out

The setup itself idk, I think it really really really depends on the playerlist tbh
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4707 (ISO) » Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:43 pm

Post by northsidegal »

i originally wanted a scum lynch d1 or d2 to only confirm 4 townies

that would lead to a 3 person lylo day three with everyone except the three as confirmed town, which i thought was an interesting enough concept. the problem is that it's sort of punishing EV-wise – in return for playing extraordinarily well, town is put into the worst situation EV wise. in a sense, their good play has been actively counterproductive to their wincon.

i suppose i could keep it as 4 townies but just make it white flag d1 / d2? takes a bit away from the "elegance" of the setup, though.

might just make a thread in the open setups forum

things fall apart
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #4708 (ISO) » Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:46 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

No it should be at least 5

As is I'd want to bus D1
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Nimueh
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4709 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:31 pm

Post by Nimueh »

In post 4696, Enter wrote:
I liked the setup, and with an ever so slightly different player list, I'd play it again.
I realize that Nim has a few badly torn organs and is bleeding profusely but I still suspect a faint pulse. Let’s throw a few rocks at her, just to make sure. :P
XtoxicNim
XtoxicNim
Townie
XtoxicNim
Townie
Townie

Post Post #4710 (ISO) » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:55 pm

Post by XtoxicNim »

Hydra of Nimueh and Xtoxm
tris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
tris
she
Splatoon Tetris
Splatoon Tetris
Pronoun: she

Post Post #4711 (ISO) » Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:58 am

Post by tris »

???
Nimueh
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Nimueh
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4712 (ISO) » Tue Apr 02, 2019 5:52 am

Post by Nimueh »

In post 4711, tris wrote:???
In post 4709, Nimueh wrote:
In post 4696, Enter wrote:
I liked the setup, and with an ever so slightly different player list, I'd play it again.
I realize that Nim has a few badly torn organs and is bleeding profusely but I still suspect a faint pulse. Let’s throw a few rocks at her, just to make sure. :P
I was extremely stressed during this game irl, both emotionally and physically. I tried my best, in spite of it. I got unfailry jumped on which I don’t believe I deserved but I would have probably said nothing if a few or more people didn’t choose to opportunistically jump on me post-game.
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #4713 (ISO) » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:28 am

Post by MariaR »

I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”