Samantha Eyzburg
Samantha Eyzburg
Townie
Samantha Eyzburg
Townie
Townie

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:03 am

Post by Samantha Eyzburg »

In post 149, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:This game just feels weird now.
You and me, we could change that. Talk to me, CES :]
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:11 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

Have you tried not being scum?
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Samantha Eyzburg
Samantha Eyzburg
Townie
Samantha Eyzburg
Townie
Townie

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:14 am

That's not talking to me, that's talking at me.

Pretend for a little we are both town, for old times sake. What should we discuss then?
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:43 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

Kyrion and Wenna barely being here makes this all pretty difficult.

Primate's posts kind of sort of make me think he's town but it seems like people haven't been engaging him enough. Gonna reread tomorrow and try to pick out a couple of main candidates. There should be enough to work it out now, just had my head thoroughly focused on Thrones this weekend so want to take a fresh go over it all.
#greenshirtthursdays
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/they

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:43 am

Post by Fenchurch »

In post 147, Samantha Eyzburg wrote:I'm on your townlist then, Fenchurch?
Why would you ask this? Are you expecting me to answer?

I'll give you my thoughts on you, but not whether I'd shoot you or not.

To start with a plus: you're one of the few people still talking even now when things seems to have really slowed. Scum play generally takes more effort, and is probably hard to sustain in a game like this, so posting is a town-tell imo.

On the other hand, although you've been posting a lot, I didn't feel you had given any real reads or anything akin to a read... your posts contained a lot of chit chat but I didn't get a sense of you giving any thoughts on the game or even hinting at reads. Looking back, I guess there is a bit more there than I remembered, and some that I agree with (e.g. Davsto lock-scum within the first 2 pages).

You also seem very cheery, whereas I'm somewhat dreading the prospect of having to shoot correctly. Although also just accepting it; it's a silly game I guess. I have a shortlist, and I'll also have more information from the lynch itself, but there are a handful of players who I just don't feel that confident in being able to read correctly.
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:47 am

Post by Fenchurch »

In post 139, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:no one's said either "CESscum is trying to portray Klickscum as town" or "CESscum is trying to trick Klicktown"
So which of these is it?

What made you so focussed on Klick the whole game?
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:50 am

Post by Fenchurch »

In post 153, ChannelDelibird wrote:Kyrion and Wenna barely being here makes this all pretty difficult. . .<snip>. . . Gonna reread tomorrow
Well... that sounds rather like scum trying to arrange a quicklynch.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:54 am

Oh for goodness' sake, I can show you my weekend itinerary and 6am alarm tomorrow if you want. I just don't have time to do it now
#greenshirtthursdays
JackODiamonds
JackODiamonds
Townie
JackODiamonds
Townie
Townie

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:57 am

Post by JackODiamonds »

In post 156, Fenchurch wrote:Well... that sounds rather like scum trying to arrange a quicklynch.
I'd be surprised to see a quick anything happening in this game. I had expected the game to be much more full-on than this, tbh.
Kyrion
Kyrion
Townie
Kyrion
Townie
Townie

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:58 am

Post by Kyrion »

In post 153, ChannelDelibird wrote:Kyrion and Wenna barely being here makes this all pretty difficult.
I'm here, I've just been being quiet to see if scum might focus on it in order to cast doubt as to me being town... Kinda doesn't work as a tactic when someone else isn't posting ever. :/

I feel like quite a few people seem to be aiming for a similar sort of tactic of focusing on a handful of fellow players and trying to convince them that they're town... That feels to me like it might be rehearsed by the scum players before the game - A scum pretends to try to convince another scum that they are also town, in the hopes that an observing townie gets suckered into the exchange and spares them from being shot at the fairly inevitable town lynching...
JackODiamonds
JackODiamonds
Townie
JackODiamonds
Townie
Townie

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:04 am

Post by JackODiamonds »

OK, no-one's given me any more pointers, not even the few people I think still might be town, so I might just have to blimmin' come out and start prodding my shortlist and narrowing it down in a much less subtle way than I'd have liked.

Klick, Samantha, Primate. Please talk to me or at least tell me how I can talk to you. You obviously can't all be town, so I need to make cuts. I'm at a bit of a loss at this point on what I should be doing, so I'm going to start just being pushy cos it's What I'm Good At. :p
Samantha Eyzburg
Samantha Eyzburg
Townie
Samantha Eyzburg
Townie
Townie

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:36 am

In post 154, Fenchurch wrote:Why would you ask this? Are you expecting me to answer?
Post 145 had a certain quality to it where the implication was that neither of us knew what scum would've been up to, so it was more a confirmation thing. Cool!
In post 154, Fenchurch wrote:You also seem very cheery, whereas I'm somewhat dreading the prospect of having to shoot correctly.
True, it suits me more than you. If I make the wrong decision down the line, so be it, but I have info to make the shots I'd make. It's not blind, so I don't really have the same dread for that. And on the flipside of the coin, by now I feel I can play really freely. First appearances count, so if I'm not town enough by now, I won't ever be. I don't share the responsibility for the game to move on, don't have to convince anybody till lylo, get to poke people and see how they respond. In the grand scheme of things the game gets played for me.
In post 158, JackODiamonds wrote:
In post 156, Fenchurch wrote:Well... that sounds rather like scum trying to arrange a quicklynch.
I'd be surprised to see a quick anything happening in this game. I had expected the game to be much more full-on than this, tbh.
Nobody plays anymore, and the older they get the more lazy are ;)

In post 160, JackODiamonds wrote:OK, no-one's given me any more pointers, not even the few people I think still might be town, so I might just have to blimmin' come out and start prodding my shortlist and narrowing it down in a much less subtle way than I'd have liked.

Klick, Samantha, Primate. Please talk to me or at least tell me how I can talk to you. You obviously can't all be town, so I need to make cuts. I'm at a bit of a loss at this point on what I should be doing, so I'm going to start just being pushy cos it's What I'm Good At. :p
Hello Jack. I can be pushed for an hour at least.
Samantha Eyzburg
Samantha Eyzburg
Townie
Samantha Eyzburg
Townie
Townie

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:50 am

@Jack:
Ah. I guess we need a topic. Say Kyrion is scum, because we are both town. How could we have told without that assumption? You can read him better than I do, after all.
JackODiamonds
JackODiamonds
Townie
JackODiamonds
Townie
Townie

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:33 am

Post by JackODiamonds »

In post 162, Samantha Eyzburg wrote:
@Jack:
Ah. I guess we need a topic. Say Kyrion is scum, because we are both town. How could we have told without that assumption? You can read him better than I do, after all.
Kyrion is on my scum list mostly for not posting enough and, when he has posted, not having a lot to say. I feel what's happened is he doesn't know how to handle being scum in a vast pool of scum: he doesn't have to hide too much and he doesn't have to seek at all, so he isn't really trying. It's very uncharacteristic for him and I think he'd be doing way more as town.

I realise I have no idea who you even know best to ask you about, so... :s
Samantha Eyzburg
Samantha Eyzburg
Townie
Samantha Eyzburg
Townie
Townie

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:44 am

We could talk about something else if you'd like. You wanted to figure us out, and I can't do that for you.
JackODiamonds
JackODiamonds
Townie
JackODiamonds
Townie
Townie

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:55 am

Post by JackODiamonds »

In post 164, Samantha Eyzburg wrote:We could talk about something else if you'd like. You wanted to figure us out, and I can't do that for you.
OK, typing on my phone in bed now so apologies if this isnt as coherent as I try to usually be

Alright, a thing that might be hard to fake is talking about scum thought processes while sounding town and without giving stuff away. So. Youve touched on this a it already but how did you expect scum to tackle this game? How would you tackle it? How do you feel about the sxun play you've seen so far?
JackODiamonds
JackODiamonds
Townie
JackODiamonds
Townie
Townie

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:57 am

Post by JackODiamonds »

Klick and Primate if you wanna answer that too4, that would be amaze cos I can't be feeling good about alla yall
Samantha Eyzburg
Samantha Eyzburg
Townie
Samantha Eyzburg
Townie
Townie

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:03 pm

In post 165, JackODiamonds wrote:Youve touched on this a it already but how did you expect scum to tackle this game? How would you tackle it? How do you feel about the sxun play you've seen so far?
I think given the players and that some don't like scum anyway, I'd expect more procedural play for starters. There was some fleshing out of theory in the face to face jungle of bullshit games, amongst which the idea of a quicklynch in a larger game, some people seemed to have the idea that in ftf town should probably not do all that much, I thought that might come in play for people, because it's the easy way out of the scary thing called posting. I think all in all there aren't that many great scum players in this group. Some simply don't enjoy it, some we got to know too well. I think that shows as some scum fall in familiar non-JoB patterns.

I don't think you've seen me much as scum at the meet, and honestly in the games I did have there I very much noticed I lost my touch. Haven't played mafia in (quick check) about 2 years. But I have my convictions and without the time pressure of FTF I think I could've played scum like I want to. It's easier in a normal game where proactivity gets rewarded and if I tone down the pace a little and don't antagonise the wrong people, I get away with it. But in general it's not about faking thoughtprocesses or mimicing your town play. You attempt to hit the right tone in the first couple of posts and then you run with the good appearance, make town want to believe its true. Let them finish your thoughts, complete the not quite truths, because then they buy into your world. Here moreso than in a normal game, it's not about avoiding the lynch. It's about turning that one crucial townie, which requires proactive scumplay (which I think is correct anyway).

In a similar fashion to show/don't tell you convey feelings about the game in a believable way, without making too many weird jumps. Someone has to follow that trail and create a believable personality out of it. Not saying it would work, but it's the attempt I'd have tried to make. If a townie caught on, it could win the game. If they saw through it, there's a dozen other scum. Risk reward is way better than in a normal game, and I want to play that way there.

I see one scum who's gone for a gambit, and I think that was partially based in the idea that the day would only be 72 hours long. The rest feels really bland, and that with two real timing opportunities where something could've happened (start of the game, because you've come up with this crazy cool plan, and saturday evening because "time pressure" is a wonderful way to dull minds, and you might get away with more).

Given the time, I suspect the above is a poor read, but otoh, the tone should be good enough on its own.
Samantha Eyzburg
Samantha Eyzburg
Townie
Samantha Eyzburg
Townie
Townie

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:10 pm

@Jack:
When you wake up, given you wanted to know more about Primate anyway:
In post 93, Primate wrote:
In post 79, Fenchurch wrote:Just so I'm 100% clear - does the townie seriously have to shoot 9 out of 10 scum in order to win the game? Has this ever been successfully done before?
I was lynched as town at blackpool with everyone there playing (not sure of the exact number). Struck out around 7 iirc. It's hilarious and a fond memory but that was a silly quick game and I dread it happening here.

I've been thinking about the game a bit and two things I want to say are
1. Anyone who has a vote on another player in the first 24hrs after the 72 window lifts is scum to me regardless of reason.
2. If wenna is town this game is pretty farcical and I'd like something to be done about that situation.

I think I've changed my mind on whether you should post your reads or not and think it's important to do so if you're town.

I thought leanne's post was decent.

My read of mykos line is that he's questioning someone he thinks is scummy and I don't get why?.

CES has stopped offerening opinions on other players which Im not fond of.

CDBs reasons for myko suspicion seems spurious. And no, it's not the same thing I pointed out a couple of lines up.
I've been going backwards and forwards on this post specifically. If I'd want to argue he's town I could do it with this. Yet if I were to believe he's scum, this post is perfect evidence. What do you say?
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Sun Apr 28, 2019 1:24 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

VOTE: samantha
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:12 pm

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

That's not a vote I was expecting to see.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Fenchurch
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Fenchurch
she/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Sun Apr 28, 2019 8:58 pm

Post by Fenchurch »

WOAH, okay. I only have 5 minutes before work, so I can't post everything I'd like to. Myko - I'm the other townie.

I'm just gonna dump my notes, although they're not super current...

Spoiler: reads list
Scum:
Lianne - weird and awkward
Davsto - weird and awkward and then really fake calling me scum
CDB - no effort, nothing town
Myko - weird and awkward
Nexus - no effort, nothing town
Xtoxm - all just nonsense drunk posts
Primate - defence about the galaxy brain thing seemed weird
CES - low effort posts, bit manipulative

Null:
Kyrion - one post… no effort
Cpol
Poro
Wenna

Town:
Klick?

I kinda stopped updating these after page 4 or so - in the early game there is more to keep track of. I had Klick as most likely town based on how CES seemed to be fixated on convincing him, and based on his reaction to CES' question, although the fact he hasn't posted in 2 days now wasn't so good. Then I had Primate as my next pick because his feelings about the game most closely matched mine ('dread' at having to shoot correctly). Poro and Cpol went down to scum now for not being active at all. Jack has been active but I still thought was scum based on her consistently calling me scummy for no reason.

People I felt most uncertain about being able to read correctly were: CDB (I generally always find him scummy even when he's town), CES, Myko. My shortlist as of last night of who I would save was Klick, Primate and Myko, of course factoring in extra information from the lynch. I guess based on my post Myko just now Tom felt it safest to trigger the lynch there.

Myko - where are you at? Do you have any questions about my play?
Samantha Eyzburg
Samantha Eyzburg
Townie
Samantha Eyzburg
Townie
Townie

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:45 pm

Haha, I also had my notes ready for when the game moved on to a lynch!

You didn't think CES would be manipulative as town? It makes a lot of sense to me. Otherwise I'm slightly sad to see I was in your scumlist, but that changed yesterday, I gather? We had a good talk.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:28 pm

VOTE: Samantha