Samantha Eyzburg
Samantha Eyzburg
Townie
Samantha Eyzburg
Townie
Townie

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:45 pm

Post by Samantha Eyzburg »

Hmm, and I thought you might have gone for your idea that townies don't have to do much. Works better in face to face, I guess.
cpol
cpol
Goon
cpol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Sun Apr 28, 2019 11:53 pm

Post by cpol »

That's what I was going to go for, then thought fuck it. :lol:
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:16 am

Post by Primate »

Ok then. Sorry if this isn't as coherent as it could be, I'm at work and it's a bit of a change of direction.

You're right that scum probably didn't have a plan to speedlynch at deadline as there was little in the run up. I was considering that the fact it didn't happen early meant that the scum weren't sure who to wagon, which meant probably you or klick, so I was rereading klick a bit. My read on klick as town was never as strong as some others had, but I thought it possible and I felt that Ces was signal boosting it a bit. If Klick's town why wasn't he the one wagonned over you? Are scum that responsive to a change of opinion?

I don't think my reads have been particularly good (though not the worst), but I hope at least you can see what I was getting at. I wasn't trying for some grand plan where I fabricate my reads on people like tom and leanne and try and make them more middle of the road in order to draw the lynch or something, it was more that I was expecting to be wagonned and was trying to get it right.

I don't really know what to do now. Do you want my opinions on anything or to explain something? If I make a case or anything at this point it just gives the scum more info as to who should be on the wagon.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:39 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

I guess this is really happening.

Myko, I have 3 (or some other number) things to say to you:
1) Klick did look more townie than you. I just didn't feel any urgency coming from you.
2) I don't think my behaviour makes any sense coming from scum, both in terms of jumpstarting the game (I think correct scum play is have a not-overly-active 72 hours followed by a (preferably coordinated) quicklynch. The fact that neither has happened should give you some sign that I'm not scum. It doesn't make sense for me as scum to put myself out there at the start, jumpstart the game and then spend the game engaging with a scumbag (I guess the alternate explanation is Klicktown but then the scum would lynch Klick, surely).
3) My point to Klick that people were casting shade on me whilst not really thinking through what the situation was, is still valid, although I think now I see also partly as me being town and thus a natural focus point (whereas they felt less need to comment on Klick; they can't push Klicktown in a convincing way, but they can try to push CESscum on you)
4) the fact that CDB voted for you, I think, should also give you pause. I was definitely discounting him based on early play but his later play was definitely better - if he doesn't feel the need to pretend to be town, that means they think they've got better alternatives for you to mispick.

Myko, ik ben tussen een dorp en stad in.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
JackODiamonds
JackODiamonds
Townie
JackODiamonds
Townie
Townie

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:42 am

Post by JackODiamonds »

VOTE: Samantha
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:50 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

W.r.t. point 4), now Lianne too, don't screw this up, myko.

The goal of a townie in this setup is townhunting and convincing the other townie of their townieness and even if I got it wrong, I think you can definitely tell that I have been doing that and people like Fenchurch or Primate haven't really.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Samantha Eyzburg
Samantha Eyzburg
Townie
Samantha Eyzburg
Townie
Townie

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:55 am

In post 177, Primate wrote:I don't really know what to do now. Do you want my opinions on anything or to explain something? If I make a case or anything at this point it just gives the scum more info as to who should be on the wagon.
I think we are beyond the point where limiting reads discussion helps.

I think the Klick thing was always about CES. If CES is town, he'd never give away the game as easy as that and mark who has to be lynched (and then has to cope with the eternal doubt that CES is playing him). I think he'd always have the hope to get lynched somehow, so "getting it all wrong" helps in that sense. And it's a forceful move, together with his "plan", getting people to move around him so he could observe.
Should CES be scum, it's a fake trail. Klick hasn't done anything on his own merit, so it's not even a gamble whether CES is double bluffing.
Samantha Eyzburg
Samantha Eyzburg
Townie
Samantha Eyzburg
Townie
Townie

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:56 am

In post 27, Samantha Eyzburg wrote:
In post 26, JackODiamonds wrote:Honestly I never trust anyone less than when they're saying "Hey, you should trust me". Anyone saying "I'm the only other person you can trust" right now is giving me personally a serious case of narrowed-eye Fry.
Yet we are the bestest friends, are we not? You'd never do me harm <3

I trust you, Jack!
:'(
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:06 am

Post by Porochaz »

Sorry, was on the late yesterday, am on the very earlies the rest of the week so Im going to try and do a sum up just now and catch up, first things first the early votes are crap but I guess expected. It's fine in any case CDB ruling me out as town for my first line was piss poor reasoning in any case, his confirmation of scum isn't surprising.

CES I mentioned previously, but I also don't think twirling your mustache saying I have a plan, stating your town then holding onto Klick's leg gives you any towncred...

cpol -
In post 90, cpol wrote:To be honest I'm quite happy with my contribution level at the moment. 90%+ of this conversation is just scum on scum anway, so ultimately missleading. Either I get lynched and have to make the call - then the fewer people I allow to mess with me the better, or the other towie is lynched and I have to hope that they see through the nonsence. I personally don't think just another voice in the 'look how obvously town I am' crowd really helps with that. To be fair this game is feeling so heavily one sided that I'll just take those odds when the lynch happens either way it falls.
The vote, the question and laziness.

Dav - I couldn't remember much of Davsto before I started this post, looking through his iso, I've worked out why.

Fenchurch... I've done my post, her now posting her reads list kinda ruins her own defence a bit.

Jack, was town until the vote.

Klick, the CES interaction is odd, however that could be more from CES's side. I like his questioning though.
In post 159, Kyrion wrote:
In post 153, ChannelDelibird wrote:Kyrion and Wenna barely being here makes this all pretty difficult.
I'm here, I've just been being quiet to see if scum might focus on it in order to cast doubt as to me being town... Kinda doesn't work as a tactic when someone else isn't posting ever. :/
Nope.

Nexus, not trying.

Primate, isn't posting as his normal self. I am hearing posts in his voice now which is weird. He reads as "bratty kid having a strop" rather than someone scumhunting. His last post feels better, but he's not the town Primate I know and love.

Myko, Im going to have to read more carefully, but that'll come later. I havent seen anything scummy thus far but his content is significantly more than the rest.

Wenna.

Xtoxm.

So I have to go hence the crappy last 3 reads, Myko I do want to read over, Wenna hasn't posted so I have to consign her to scum and Xtoxm's posts and votes have been poor.

Anyway, no vote.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:08 am

Post by Porochaz »

Havent done a PBPA in ages. I don't miss it.
Samantha Eyzburg
Samantha Eyzburg
Townie
Samantha Eyzburg
Townie
Townie

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:11 am

In post 183, Porochaz wrote:CES I mentioned previously, but I also don't think twirling your mustache saying I have a plan, stating your town then holding onto Klick's leg gives you any towncred...
That'd be awefully easy to say from your position, where you can see the two townies.

Convince me, because I'm calling CES town for exactly that.
JackODiamonds
JackODiamonds
Townie
JackODiamonds
Townie
Townie

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:17 am

Post by JackODiamonds »

In post 182, Samantha Eyzburg wrote:
In post 27, Samantha Eyzburg wrote:Yet we are the bestest friends, are we not? You'd never do me harm <3

I trust you, Jack!
:'(
Kyrion
Kyrion
Townie
Kyrion
Townie
Townie

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:18 am

Post by Kyrion »

The other votes (except one) are presumably scum, I don't think Sam's the other town, so hey, maybe this'll make the scum have to rush who they want to lynch (as this seems to me to be a fake vote, otherwise it'd have much more momentum)
Kyrion
Kyrion
Townie
Kyrion
Townie
Townie

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:19 am

Post by Kyrion »

For the record, I'm reasonably sure JoD (:P) is scum, as I feel she'd have tried something I haven't seen her do if she were town...
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:26 am

Post by Klick »

Eh.

VOTE: Sam
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:24 am

Post by Primate »

In post 180, Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:The goal of a townie in this setup is townhunting and convincing the other townie of their townieness and even if I got it wrong, I think you can definitely tell that I have been doing that and people like Fenchurch or Primate haven't really.
I think that's the convential play but I'm not sure it's the case as the game gets larger. I definitely came into the day with the idea that was the correct play (but with little intention of doing it because I think just "acting town" is a crapshoot), but now I don't think it is and think it's much more important to have correct reads, which is what I've mainly trying to do. I've been trying to convey my townieness by explaining what I've been thinking about people and what my train of thought is.

@Myko: I don't think it was always about klick but it's hard not to see things in that light now. What I presumed ces was doing (as a scumread), was just tunneling in attempt to not really give any reads on the game. That was why I thought it was weird, because CES is a good enough player that I wouldn't expect him to do that in a game like this he could drive. It's like some fritzlerish coast into endgame strat on a smaller scale. But I didn't really see how what he was doing made sense as anything else (except like really explicit buddying that backfired). His klick argument has morphed a bit so i think it's disengenous for him to say it's still really valid. I didn't think it made much sense earlier given klicks position on him (now klick's outed from his perspective his new argument makes sense).
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:29 am

Post by Primate »

In post 183, Porochaz wrote:Primate, isn't posting as his normal self. I am hearing posts in his voice now which is weird. He reads as "bratty kid having a strop" rather than someone scumhunting. His last post feels better, but he's not the town Primate I know and love.
I don't really know what I'm meant to do with this.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:00 am

Post by Davsto »

this is clearly a scum-lead wagon on scum to throw off the town and anyone who doesn't join is confscum my evidence for this is that all the people who haven't voted yet are scum except primate and all the people who have voted yet are scum except me

Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:13 am

Post by Porochaz »

In post 191, Primate wrote:
In post 183, Porochaz wrote:Primate, isn't posting as his normal self. I am hearing posts in his voice now which is weird. He reads as "bratty kid having a strop" rather than someone scumhunting. His last post feels better, but he's not the town Primate I know and love.
I don't really know what I'm meant to do with this.
In post 55, Primate wrote:but you asked specifically, so Nexus and Poro are players whose I probably won't be listening to.
Apparently... nothing?
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:19 am

Post by Primate »

In post 192, Davsto wrote:this is clearly a scum-lead wagon on scum to throw off the town and anyone who doesn't join is confscum my evidence for this is that all the people who haven't voted yet are scum except primate and all the people who have voted yet are scum except me
Cheers man.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:52 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

Shit, maybe Davsto's the townie
#greenshirtthursdays
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:04 am

Post by Porochaz »

In post 185, Samantha Eyzburg wrote:
In post 183, Porochaz wrote:CES I mentioned previously, but I also don't think twirling your mustache saying I have a plan, stating your town then holding onto Klick's leg gives you any towncred...
That'd be awefully easy to say from your position, where you can see the two townies.

Convince me, because I'm calling CES town for exactly that.
From my point of view, it's very easy to say "I have a cunning plan" then leave it at that. That combined with the fact that he has been tunnelled purely on Klick up until the wagon on you started doesn't leave me much belief that he is town. He hasn't done anything else within the game, not even slightly. I think he saying he "jumpstarted" the game is a bit of a misnomer as is his focal point status. He has the advantage of the fact that he has managed to post almost on every page about it most of that line of conversation has stemmed from him. He also is assuming scum are going to play the "correct" way which is a very CES argument to defend his own play. Yet also very easy to subvert and use it as an argument to defend himself. Suffice to say I don't think many players in this game are going to be thinking along those lines in any case. Do you think Nexus started the game thinking "the optimal play is just to shout "you're not town" every so often"?
Samantha Eyzburg
Samantha Eyzburg
Townie
Samantha Eyzburg
Townie
Townie

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:08 am

No, I think Nexus woke up unpleasantly surprised he had signed up for a mafia game, questioning his sanity when he had signed up.

I don't think that analogy works all that well.

Why are you town, Prozac?
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:39 am

Post by Porochaz »

Nexus may have been a poor choice but I think the example holds up.

Why am I town? The mafia never recruited me? I have been hampered by the fact that I was working the whole weekend. However whenever I have been available I have been hunting scum. cpol was part joke but it was very telling when he didn't actually answer the question. I have been ruling people out and actually giving reasons why, I understand that's not "correct" play regardless of alignment but it shows that Im not coming up with plans, I am straight forward scum hunting because it's the easiest way and at least I can narrow down the pool to what was 3, but since they both voted - 1 now. I have been clear and consistent and I have been showing my working.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:04 am

Post by Davsto »

In post 195, ChannelDelibird wrote:Shit, maybe Davsto's the townie
yes that's why we're getting scum lynched so i'm forced to be kept alive to endgame and then since i'm such a wacky pick to be kept alive i must be town bc no scum would ever keep scum!me alive ezpz game solved i got the infinity gauntlet

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”