Mini 2074: Madness at Port Arthur (Game Over)

Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2100 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:49 am

Post by Persivul »

Yeah if insomnia had picked a simpler claim, I'm pretty sure he could have ridden it out. I guess no one checked his meta, because this was nothing like his town game.

Not sure this game was balanced. At best it's swingy. I was powerful, but goon and voyeur are nothing, vs. 2 JKs and a cop. Now, if I had been investigated by the cop, that would have made a huge difference. I really thought irrel investigated me at first, so I was kind of cruising.
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2101 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:16 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

lol I did think at one point "My townread on Persivul makes sense - but he would act the same if he were a godfather..."
It was like I really did get a mechanical inno on you but it wasn't trustworthy :P

skitter's role I think was supposed to mess with town's strength - and sort of it did, by killing Chara, I guess. It would have been much harder for town to win if skitter had lived another day or two
But after her lynch I think this might have been a town win regardless of the Insomnia claim, Persivul might have gone down next, then succinct/blake, then succinct/blake - but only if insomnia dodged the remaining jk, and an inno or two would have been generated along the way. Regardless, I'm very proud of my play this game. I feel I played a major part in every scum lynch :]
Hey all! Excited and nervous to play my first game with you!
funkybike1
funkybike1
Goon
funkybike1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2102 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:18 am

Post by funkybike1 »

This definitely turned out swingy, but it's hard to make a Mini setup with a SK (or a SK equivalent) that isn't. The late move to a Night Start hurt the scum a little too much and I didn't balance it out properly.

I hinted at the Jailkeepers both being Town, but I probably shouldn't have outright told the JKs themselves that this was true. The partial balancing factor for the JKs was supposed to be the Poisoner, but skitter got investigated early and run up on Day 2. Simply unlucky, but it definitely made it hard for the Mafia as well.

JK/JK/Cop were the only strong Town power roles (Visitor is useless, LyLo Vengeful is too situational, Motion Detector in a Role Madness game doesn't prove much, and Disloyal Doctor and Broken Mirror were negative utility), but a Mafia of GF/Voyeur/Goon wasn't nearly powerful enough to balance it in retrospect, especially considering the Night Start. I was considering swapping the Goon out for another weakish scum PR; I probably should have.

Role PMs and actions coming shortly. (If you're wondering why role PMs weren't revealed on death, it was because of the Jailkeepers.)
I've quit the site. Don't PM me; I won't respond.
Blake Belladonna
Blake Belladonna
Mafia Scum
Blake Belladonna
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2103 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:22 am

Post by Blake Belladonna »

In post 2100, Persivul wrote:I really thought irrel investigated me at first, so I was kind of cruising.
Aha. This is why I incorrectly townread you in chain of command.

Good to know.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2104 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:25 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 2101, Irrelephant11 wrote:but only if insomnia dodged the remaining jk, and an inno or two would have been generated along the way
Insomnia presumably kills the remaining JK. There's nothing to stop it.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2105 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:28 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 2103, Blake Belladonna wrote:Aha. This is why I incorrectly townread you in chain of command.
Yeah, I figured that was the case. Really though neither of these games were very good play by me. I'm on a streak of rolling scum and that always affects my scum play negatively.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2106 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:32 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 2102, funkybike1 wrote:JK/JK/Cop were the only strong Town power roles (Visitor is useless, LyLo Vengeful is too situational, Motion Detector in a Role Madness game doesn't prove much, and Disloyal Doctor and Broken Mirror were negative utility), but a Mafia of GF/Voyeur/Goon wasn't nearly powerful enough to balance it in retrospect, especially considering the Night Start. I was considering swapping the Goon out for another weakish scum PR; I probably should have.
Yeah, IMO when there's JK who isn't X-shot (and particularly TWO such), scum should get at least one strongman kill.

Of course, we should also consider that Smile was pretty much DOA. If they survive even a day, that's a big help.
ClearlyClarity
ClearlyClarity
Mafia Scum
ClearlyClarity
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2107 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:35 am

Post by ClearlyClarity »

In post 2102, funkybike1 wrote:I hinted at the Jailkeepers both being Town, but I probably shouldn't have outright told the JKs themselves that this was true.
Hah, yeah. That saved my booty.
Call me whatever you want...
funkybike1
funkybike1
Goon
funkybike1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2108 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:37 am

Post by funkybike1 »

Spoiler: Town Role PMs
ceejayvinoya and ClearlyClarity, Town JailkeepersYour role is
Town Jailkeeper
You are one of 2 Town Jailkeepers in this game.

Abilities:
Each Night, you may jailkeep one player, which protects and roleblocks them. If you and the other Jailkeeper mutually jailkeep one another, the protection will succeed the first time this happens and fail all subsequent times. You will not be informed if this happens. If you target yourself, you will not be protected, but you will still roleblock yourself.
Win Condition:
You win when all threats to the
Town
have been eliminated.

Chara, Town CopYour role is
Town Cop

Abilities:
Every Night, you may investigate one player. You will receive a result of
Innocent
or
Guilty
. You know that you are Sane. If you are roleblocked, you will not receive a result; if you are redirected, you will be informed of this.
Win Condition:
Town
have been eliminated.

RCEnigma, Town Motion DetectorYour role is
Town Motion Detector

Abilities:
Each Night, you may target one player. You will learn if any actions, excluding your own, were taken by or on that player that Night. You will receive a result of
Yes
if there was at least one action taken and
No
if there were zero actions taken. A roleblocked player is not considered to have taken an action.
Win Condition:
Town
have been eliminated.

Miss Kobayashi Maru/Brown Eyes/Succinct, Town Broken MirrorYour role is
Town Broken Mirror

Abilities:
You passively reflect all Night actions and abilities that target you back onto the user of the action or ability. This does not work on the Mafia's factional kill, nor on actions that take place during Day or Twilight.
Win Condition:
Town
have been eliminated.

Shiidaji/Flavor Leaf, Vengeful LyLo TownieYour role is
Vengeful LyLo Townie

Abilities:
If you are lynched at LyLo, you may kill one other player immediately. This kill cannot be redirected or blocked. It is considered to be LyLo when the Town presently has a chance to win the game and that chance could be removed by a No Lynch (and the resulting Night's actions.) You may PM me at any time to find out whether the game is in LyLo.
Win Condition:
Town
have been eliminated.

tris/Blake Belladonna, Town VisitorYour role is
Town Visitor

Abilities:
Every Night, you may visit one other player. This action will have no effect on you or your target, with the exception of giving a result to any potential investigative roles, e.g. Watcher or Tracker. For the purpose of Followers, your action is "Visiting."
Win Condition:
Town
have been eliminated.

Fuscezu, Town Disloyal DoctorYour role is
Town Disloyal Doctor

Abilities:
You may protect one player from kills every Night. This will only succeed if your target is not a member of the Town. If you target a member of the Town, the protection will fail, but you will still visit the target; i.e. you are not considered to be roleblocked.
Win Condition:
Town
have been eliminated.

Irrelephant11, Vanilla TownieYour role is
Vanilla Townie

Abilities:
Sorry, but you drew the short straw. You have no abilities.
Win Condition:
Town
have been eliminated.

Spoiler: Scum Role PMs
skitter30, Poison Fruit VendorYour role is
Poison Fruit Vendor

Abilities:
Every Night beginning from Night 1, you may give one other player a poisoned fruit. They will be informed that they received a fruit, but not that it is poisoned. The player receiving the fruit will die the following Night, even if they are protected by a Doctor or Jailkeeper on either night. If you somehow receive your own fruit, you will not eat it. You may not take an action on Night 0, so no one will receive a fruit. Followers and Voyeurs, should any exist, see your action as "Visiting."
Win Condition:
You win when you are the only player left alive or nothing can prevent the same. You also win if you are one of the last 2 players alive and it is Day.

Persivul, insomnia, and Smile, MafiaYou are a member of the
Mafia
Your partners are ________ and ________.
Your private topic is here. You may speak to your partners at Night.

Factional Abilities:
The Mafia may attempt to kill one other player every Night beginning from Night 1. Unless I am informed otherwise, the member submitting the kill will be the one performing it. Mafia members may kill and take another action on the same Night.
Win Condition:
You win when the
Mafia
is the only faction left alive or nothing can prevent the same.

The Mafia had the special ability to, on Night 0, choose what member would receive each Mafia role.

insomnia, Mafia GoonYour role is
Mafia Goon

Abilities:
You have no particular abilities besides being a member of the Mafia.
Win Condition:
You win when the
Mafia

Smile, Mafia VoyeurYour role is
Mafia Voyeur

Abilities:
Every Night, you may target one player. You will learn what types of actions, excluding your own, were taken on each player. Possible action types include, but are not limited to, Investigative, Protective, and Killing.
Win Condition:
You win when the
Mafia

Persivul, Mafia 1-Shot Deathproof GodfatherYour role is
Mafia 1-Shot Deathproof Godfather

Abilities:
If investigated by a Cop, the investigation will return an innocent result. The first time you would otherwise be killed, the kill will fail. You will not be informed if/when this happens. This only protects from one kill; if multiple killing roles successfully target you, you will still die. This also includes the lynch, but only during the first three Days. In this case, the lynch will fail, but the game will proceed to Night as usual. At the start of Day 4, your Deathproof converts to Bulletproof; you can now be lynched normally even if you are still Bulletproof.
Win Condition:
You win when the
Mafia

Spoiler: Night Actions
Night 0

Persivul selects Godfather, Smile selects Voyeur, insomnia selects Goon.
ceejayvinoya takes no action.
ClearlyClarity takes no action.
Fuscezu takes no action.
Chara investigates Irrelephant11, returns Innocent.
RCEnigma motion-detects skitter30, returns No.
Smile voyeurs RCEnigma, returns No Actions.
tris visits insomnia.

Night 1

ceejayvinoya jailkeeps Fuscezu.
ClearlyClarity jailkeeps Irrelephant11.
Fuscezu attempts to protect ClearlyClarity, but is roleblocked. The action fails.
Chara investigates skitter30, returns Guilty.
RCEnigma motion-detects Brown Eyes, redirected to RCEnigma. Returns No.
tris visits Flavor Leaf.
insomnia kills Flavor Leaf.
skitter30 gives a poisoned fruit to Chara.

Night 2

ClearlyClarity jailkeeps ceejayvinoya.
ceejayvinoya attempts to jailkeep Blake Belladonna, but is roleblocked. The action fails.
Fuscezu protects Persivul.
Chara investigates Fuscezu, returns Innocent.
RCEnigma motion-detects Blake Belladonna, returns Yes.
Blake Belladonna visits Succinct, redirected to Blake Belladonna.
insomnia attempts to kill ceejayvinoya, who is protected. The action fails.
Chara succumbs to poison.

Night 3

ceejayvinoya jailkeeps Blake Belladonna.
ClearlyClarity jailkeeps RCEnigma.
Fuscezu takes no action.
RCEnigma attempts to motion-detect Fuscezu, but is roleblocked. The action fails.
Blake Belladonna takes no action.
insomnia kills ClearlyClarity.

Night 4

ceejayvinoya jailkeeps Persivul.
Fuscezu takes no action.
RCEnigma motion-detects Persivul, returns Yes.
Blake Belladonna visits Persivul.
Persivul attempts to kill ceejayvinoya, but is roleblocked. The action fails.
Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2109 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:41 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

In post 2104, Persivul wrote:
In post 2101, Irrelephant11 wrote:but only if insomnia dodged the remaining jk, and an inno or two would have been generated along the way
Insomnia presumably kills the remaining JK. There's nothing to stop it.
If we lynch you instead of insomnia,

me/insomnia/cj/succinct/fuscezu/rce/blake
cj announces his target (maybe blake?) and then dies in the night

blake and I are conftown, and insomnia has to get two mislynches in on fuscezu/rce/succinct
Maybe he does it, maybe he doesn't, but I don't think it's obvious and my townread of tris from early game was already waning. I'm grateful for the fake claim, though, of course :wink:

pedit: why the kill on flavor leaf?
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2110 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:01 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 2109, Irrelephant11 wrote:pedit: why the kill on flavor leaf?
Since he was saying it might have bastard elements, I thought he might be a 3P JK who could win with town.
Blake Belladonna
Blake Belladonna
Mafia Scum
Blake Belladonna
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2111 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:03 am

He would've likely done it, Irrelephant. My townread on Fuscezu was already waning by that point, but I never stated as such.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2112 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:04 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 2109, Irrelephant11 wrote:blake and I are conftown, and insomnia has to get two mislynches in on fuscezu/rce/succinct
Maybe he does it, maybe he doesn't,
All he needs to do is remain town read, and the rest works itself out.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #2113 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:09 am

Post by skitter30 »

I really didnt want u lot to kill fl - i was kinda counting on him getting a lot of flak for the extra deaths
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
Blake Belladonna
Blake Belladonna
Mafia Scum
Blake Belladonna
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2114 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:16 am

It sure made it a lot easier to sort through the game without all the extra WIFOM though!
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #2115 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:21 am

Post by skitter30 »

yes ... would have been helpful for me tho :)

don't really think i had much of a chance of winning this one mechanically .... eventually someone was going to put together that everyone who got fruit died, so i felt kinda boxed-in by my role; i didn't really feel like there was much i could claim that would be 'safe' so to speak

funkybike suggested claiming that i had gotten a fruit n0, which i didn't think of, but i still think that wouldnt 'have helped me super much
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

insomnia
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
insomnia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2116 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:29 am

Post by insomnia »

Yeah, it was a dumb play by me because I fake claimed and thought of actions on the spot without really reading the thread, I was just coasting. I wanted to go over night actions with Persivul though, because I wanted to save him and I was sure he was getting pushed that day. My scum lynch and the way I would’ve fake claimed really early were factors that I was hoping you’d consider townie, because my play and defense on persivul kind of followed.

But then sneaky succint pulls out quotes out of his ass that i had no idea about lmao

I wanted to power wolf and make it to the end with Persivul as well, I wonder how it could’ve gone if I actually paid attention to what people claimed.

I hate rolling scum.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2117 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:32 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 2113, skitter30 wrote:I really didnt want u lot to kill fl - i was kinda counting on him getting a lot of flak for the extra deaths
You were done once you claimed fruit vendor. People would have eventually put together that those receiving fruit were dying.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #2118 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:33 am

Post by skitter30 »

i know, but i didn't exactly have a lot of other things i could have claimed in role madness that wouldnt' have screwed me over either
Show
Hiatus once more.

funkybike1
funkybike1
Goon
funkybike1
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2119 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:34 am

Post by funkybike1 »

This was one of those cases where the "obvious" fakeclaim is the wrong play, yes.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2120 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:34 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 2115, skitter30 wrote:eventually someone was going to put together that everyone who got fruit died, so i felt kinda boxed-in by my role; i didn't really feel like there was much i could claim that would be 'safe' so to speak
Hadn't seen this yet. Yeah, you needed to claim something else that moved at night and hope for the best.

p-edit: yeah, especially since we already had a visitor. You were in a bad spot from the start.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2121 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:36 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 2116, insomnia wrote:I wanted to go over night actions with Persivul though, because I wanted to save him and I was sure he was getting pushed that day.
Don't sacrifice yourself because a buddy is under pressure. It only takes one for the whole team to win.

But yeah, I should have been more active in the mafia thread. Frankly, the big delay in the one day phase opening took me out of this game. I probably should have replaced.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2122 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:38 am

Post by Persivul »

funky, in the future, when RL intervenes, just take a minute and make a post saying RL has intervened and you'll be a few days late.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #2123 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:39 am

Post by skitter30 »

yeah, but i'm not really a 'hope for the best' kinda player
claiming something else i *prob* would have gotten caught out on night actions that i made up
(as it was i made up one night action and got caught lying there - i kinda doubt i wouldn't have gotten caught mechanically over several nights)

like i just kinda feel like if my best option is to make up a claim and hope for the best, mechanically i didn't have much a shot
Show
Hiatus once more.

Irrelephant11
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Irrelephant11
He
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2124 (ISO) » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:43 am

Post by Irrelephant11 »

was your night action compulsive? I probably would have pretended to be a gated role, and come out swinging lategame on whichever team was winning

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”