Newbie 1933 | Stuff I Found Online XII | Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2019 6:30 am

Post by Plotinus »

Official Vote Count 1.03

LynchingWith 9 votes in play, it takes 5 to lynch.

The Grand Sham
(2): TTTT, u r a person 2
Eggs
(1): Voted
u r a person 2
(1): zeebu
zeebu
(1): RCEnigma

Not Voting
(4): The Grand Sham, Eggs, ZestOfLife, Saladman27

Deadline:
(expired on 2019-05-24 22:00:00).

Mod notes:
The Grand Sham has (expired on 2019-05-18 11:08:00) to confirm before they will be replaced.
The failure mode of clever is asshole.

Modding checklists | Sequencer is in Game 5 | Space II is in Day 4
TTTT
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2019 8:16 am

Post by TTTT »

In post 73, RCEnigma wrote:I find him playing this weird game where he doesn't really have to interact as opposed to just dropping arbitrary statements like his salad read.
it's page 3
also my eggs vote was admittedly a very weak read based on low info
I'm surprised you're pushing me as scum bc we've played enough that you know how I open games
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2019 9:28 am

Post by RCEnigma »

We've only played together once.
TTTT
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2019 9:36 am

Post by TTTT »

I think it's more than that
but I'm not gonna go look
TTTT
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
TTTT
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2019 9:42 am

Post by TTTT »

I lied
I looked
we have one completed game together
and another with me as Loopdan
and an unrevealed number of games with me as various alts
I'll concede the point
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2019 10:36 am

Post by RCEnigma »

Ahh loop is you, we didn't play that game together I don't think. I never would have made that connection though.
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2019 12:51 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

There is a legit tell that TTTT was referencing with regard to Sham that he certainly knew I would pick up on. We'll out it soon enough.

The rest, you might have a point on.
103-11 0-2
The Grand Sham
The Grand Sham
Townie
The Grand Sham
Townie
Townie

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2019 4:12 pm

Post by The Grand Sham »

Just got back on. I thought I had confirmed with the mod. Had asked several questions about how the forum works but it looks like it didn't go through. This time I checked so we should be good. I'm on page 3. Will post again once I'm done.
u r a person 2
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
u r a person 2
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2019 4:17 pm

Post by u r a person 2 »

@Grand Sham Are you saying that you hadn't confirmed your role with the mod prior to just now?
103-11 0-2
The Grand Sham
The Grand Sham
Townie
The Grand Sham
Townie
Townie

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2019 5:02 pm

Post by The Grand Sham »

In post 52, Voted wrote:Sham, what do you think about Eggs? Do you think it is a good lynch today?
From the time of this message, Eggs did seem the most suspect. However, I might vote for someone who's not received any votes yet to keep day 1 going and possibly get additional reads on people. I am trying to get the game green off of me and getting reads simultaneously. Not to mention absorb that long list of rules while learning how this forum works.
In post 71, RCEnigma wrote:I think grand slam is townish by proxy of tttt being scum.
Whoa, all I did was say hi and now I have three people trying to put my head in a noose. Thank you for not being one of them.
In post 83, u r a person 2 wrote:@Grand Sham Are you saying that you hadn't confirmed your role with the mod prior to just now?
Yes, I thought I had but it turns out that I didn't. Sorry for that.

As for my vote, how could it be for anyone than the person who thinks I'm scum because I had an intro that sounded like Flanders? Who wants to kill Flanders except for Homer?
The Grand Sham
The Grand Sham
Townie
The Grand Sham
Townie
Townie

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2019 5:04 pm

Post by The Grand Sham »

In post 55, TTTT wrote:Sham is not
VOTE: Grand Sham
What a shame that we had to start off this way.

VOTE: TTTT
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2019 5:22 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

When TTTT pulls his vote we can be friends again. Promise.
The Grand Sham
The Grand Sham
Townie
The Grand Sham
Townie
Townie

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2019 6:24 pm

Post by The Grand Sham »

If he does I would be happy to pull mine. Are you also voting with TTTT, Enigma?
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2019 7:38 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 79, TTTT wrote:I lied
I looked
we have one completed game together
and another with me as Loopdan
and an unrevealed number of games with me as various alts
I'll concede the point
Have we ever been scum together or you were scum against me?
Saladman27
Saladman27
Green Light
Saladman27
Green Light
Green Light

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2019 8:35 pm

Post by Saladman27 »

I haven't voted yet... I should've waited til you posted more. Again, just me trying to post more to avoid being lynched again.
Eggs
Eggs
Goon
Eggs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2019 8:54 pm

Post by Eggs »

In post 86, RCEnigma wrote:When TTTT pulls his vote we can be friends again. Promise.
TTTTs early game rubbed me up a bit the wrong way too, but the post above and I don't like. I don't like that you haven't commented directly on Grand Sham.

Why would you push someone you think scummy with stated reason in to make them unvote someone that you haven't read, and when the scummy person unvotes the null person you will 'be friends' and stop pushing the scummy person, because presumably you don't think they're scummy any more and no longer applies?
Eggs
Eggs
Goon
Eggs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2019 9:02 pm

Post by Eggs »

In post 87, The Grand Sham wrote:If he does I would be happy to pull mine. Are you also voting with TTTT, Enigma?
To clarify are you voting for TTTT because you think he's scum? Or because he's not scum and wants to lynch you? If the second case, are you still happy to lynch him?
Eggs
Eggs
Goon
Eggs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2019 9:16 pm

Post by Eggs »

In post 73, RCEnigma wrote:I find him playing this weird game where he doesn't really have to interact as opposed to just dropping arbitrary statements like his salad read.

I felt like eggs entrance was one of the better ones despite TTTT tagging a second vote along stating otherwise. There's the weird vote sharing going on between you two that may be nothing but hard to tell yet. The way he left his egg vote which he had as above rand in favor of sham leaves egg open to push later. He technically didn't townread eggs, just thought someone else was scummier.

Not wanting to post until all slots show up isn't really scummy, more like a poor way to approach the early game. Early interactions are pretty crucial/informative.

I don't like that he's given salad the benefit of the doubt off one post but won't actually keep salad engaged with the game despite knowing how playing the game around salad and not with him in his debut game was against towns best interest.
Nice post.

First paragraph seems similar to my last game with TTTT, didn't get out of that until later in the day although the day moved much faster. Think that's pretty NAI.

Second paragraph seems kinda reaching. So many reasons to switch votes. If he pushes me while his vote isn't on me I'll reconsider but abandoning a rand+ scum in favour of what he says is rand++ scum isn't going to worry me otherwise.

Third paragraph i disagree with your reading, TTTTs post is scummy precisely because he knows it's antitown as you say. Not majorly so but it's there.

Last paragraph i agree.
Eggs
Eggs
Goon
Eggs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2019 9:25 pm

Post by Eggs »

So far a bunch of weak reads, I'm not locking any of these in but zeebu is by far the closest to decided for me.

Townish: Zeebu
Null to town: URAP, Voted
Null: Saladman, ZestOfLife
Null to scum: RCE, TTTT
Scummish: Grand Sham

If you want my reasoning on any of those please ask.
zeebu
zeebu
Goon
zeebu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Fri May 17, 2019 11:17 pm

Post by zeebu »

Ok I started to make a post on my phone but it turned into a mess. Currently out of town for a wedding and computer access isn’t really here at the moment. Give me a couple hours, I have a list of things
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Sat May 18, 2019 1:01 am

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 93, Eggs wrote:So far a bunch of weak reads, I'm not locking any of these in but zeebu is by far the closest to decided for me.

Townish: Zeebu
Null to town: URAP, Voted
Null: Saladman, ZestOfLife
Null to scum: RCE, TTTT
Scummish: Grand Sham

If you want my reasoning on any of those please ask.
Talk to me about the Zeebu read then.
Eggs
Eggs
Goon
Eggs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Sat May 18, 2019 2:19 am

Post by Eggs »

was a solid post. Tone felt open, inquisitive, good mix of comments, brought new points forward.

Others have made sumilar contributions, but have also done things that made me think again.

Lack of post count is noted, I think that's NAI from him. Post style and presence feels very similar overall to last game when he was also town.
zeebu
zeebu
Goon
zeebu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Sat May 18, 2019 2:49 am

Post by zeebu »

In post 27, RCEnigma wrote:Forgot to check back on this and I missed out on a poetry slam.

Anyways I have reads already, some of which I'll ride to endgame. Well, one of them anyways.
so was this mostly about tttt?
In post 53, Saladman27 wrote:
RCEnigma wrote:
In post 46, u r a person 2 wrote:zeebu and eggs are town. =)
What's up saladman, how we feeling? What do you think about eggs and his entrance? What do you think about Zeebu calling your opening forced?
Eggs' intro was kind of weird but all Intros are. Eggs himself? I TR him for now. First of all My opening wasn't the one Zeebi pointed out. Second, that post wasn't intended to sound lurkish, I'm just trying to avoid being mislynched for making little to none posts and there weren't much questions to answer for me then.
so you had no reads at that point? instead of making a post that doesnt say anything aside from 'im here guys' pick something that stands out and ask a question of your own.

so sham's entry wasnt good, but that wasnt what i picked out on.
In post 84, The Grand Sham wrote:From the time of this message, Eggs did seem the most suspect. However, I might vote for someone who's not received any votes yet to keep day 1 going and possibly get additional reads on people. I am trying to get the game green off of me and getting reads simultaneously. Not to mention absorb that long list of rules while learning how this forum works.
that you followed this up with a vote on tttt is fine and makes sense considering the direction things have taken against him, i dont like the part of the comment where your strategy is to put a vote on someone who has none yet. if thats more of a reason for this particular vote that is fine, but if its a general strategy, i dont like it. we find things out by running multiple votes on a person and seeing how they react.
zeebu
zeebu
Goon
zeebu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Sat May 18, 2019 2:56 am

Post by zeebu »

i'll have to read up on the TTTT stuff. i just finished playing a long game with him and i'll have to go look at the start of tht game and see if anything stands out.
town leans right now are eggs, urap and rce.
scumleans are sham and voted
Saladman27
Saladman27
Green Light
Saladman27
Green Light
Green Light

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Sat May 18, 2019 3:42 am

Post by Saladman27 »

Salad’s Shitty Reads #1

Town
Zeebu, Eggs
Townlean
URP
NeutralTTTT, Sham, RCE
Scumlean
Scum

This took too much of my time...
I TR Zeebu because imo the most defining trait of a townie is the ability to be sus of me in such detail...

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”