cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
An Acquired Taste

FIRST ANNUAL SCUMMIES (2003)

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2004 5:39 pm

Post by cuban smoker »

The stage is set, the music is cued, the curtains are drawn, and if you've looked anywhere else on the site, you already know who won...

It's the SCUMMIES!

Thank you, thank you ladies and gentlemen for coming tonight. We've got a great show for you, full of guest appearances, great bands, talking animals... wait, I think the teleprompter just got fired... Waiting... waiting... okay... There actually is no band, and I'm the only person here. But I have a responsibility to make sure the academey regrets the decision to have an open bar backstage.

Now, what you've really all been waiting for (patiently I might add, even the American Penal system has a faster turnaround time than this year's judges), is to hear the winners of the categories YOU picked and the nominees YOU spat on!

Without further ado, I bring you to the awards:

Best Role Claim - "The Johnny Cochrane Award"

You all remember the Chewbacca defense, don't you? It helped O.J., and it helped
JohnWwells
as the OTHER Lord Vetenari in Anarchy in Ankh-morpork. Congratulations, JWW!

Funniest Role Claim - "George W Bush Award"

Well, there was only one nomination, and the judges couldn't even be bothered to vote to acclaim, and he doesn't play anymore, but by default,
RubberDuck
as the Village Idiot in Normal 10: Intrigue. *muted clapping*

Best Role (new or adaptation) - "Flying Pumpkin That Shoots Lazers Out Of Its Ass Award"

We all loved the pumpkin, who double-cheekedly saved the town in Improbable Role by blasting away the unlynchable killer robot, and we all appreciate the effort that moderators put towards inventing new and exciting roles to play... so the judges are pleased to present this award, dubbing him an honourary pumpkin, to
Dr Charles Weathers / Jack the Ripper
, created by
Leonidas
+
Cadmium

Best Theme Adaptation - "Dragon Phoenix award"

On that note, the Sherlock Holmes theme game was deamed so successful that they were nominated for the DP award (in honour of our illustrious Mafia Mod extraordinaire), but could not compete with the time and effort put into the
Ankh-Morpork
game designed by
Dragon Slayer
and
Polotet
. Another heartfelt congratulations and thanks for a wonderful game.

Person most likely to die night 1 - "Kenny Award"

Always good for a laugh, someone has to die night 1. It used to be a dubious honour, but Kenny made it cool. This year's award is being given to the player the judges felt got smoked time and time again, proportionately much more often than could be possibly justified,
rite
!

Best Performance (either singular or team) - "Oscar"

Mafia is a performing art, and this award is to recognize outstanding play, or outstanding results. With little aid from night time roles, one town systematically rid themselves of mafia day after day, resulting in one of the quickest wins and really showing our community how to play the game. The Oscar goes to...
the Shrek Town

Best Night Scene writer - "Paperback Writer Award"

Rarely an important part IRL games, but an excellent opportunity for some flavour text, and one of the most appealing parts of the online experience: Night Scenes. Different styles have come and gone, but some moderators and writers always take the extra step. Tonight we comemerate TWO great writers:
Sketchwick
and
Macros
!

Best Contribution to mafia discusion - "Professor Mafia award"

Went unawarded.

The best mafia catcher - "Paragon of Mafia Hunters award"

Went unawarded.
In both cases, the judges wanted more nominees to pick from, and couldn't justly award these without considering a wider range of excellent candidates.

Most likely to be lynched on day 1 - "The Scapegoat award"

For pissing the wrong people off time and time again, and still managing to look scummy after only a few posts each game, this award goes to
Blackhawk
, now our official day 1 bandwagon target.

Best SK - "Hannibal Lector Award"

The Serial Killer has always been heralded as the most difficult role to play. Alone, dangerous, and with a win condition so straightforward a maqaque has a better chance of winning than the poor bastard who gets stuck with the chore, some players still step up and outwit the town AND the mafia. This award is for the serial killers who pull off the win, or who get mighty close. Tonight, we recognize
MeMe
in
MaSiaSTOM
!

Funniest player - "The Coffee on the Monitor award"

Whenever you have smart, fun-loving people with too much time on their hands, you have humour. The phrase coffee on the monitor was coined some time ago, and apparently is a ballooning problem, but I haven't the faintest idea who would set their cup on top of their monitor, and then find something so funny they leap into the air, throw their heads back, open their mouths wide enough to swallow their cat and letting loose a belly laugh that helps them loose 15 pounds a minute, all the while gesticulating emphatically... until they knock over the coffee cup. But here is to those scummers who get us time and time again (in a three-way-tie!):
MeMe
Macros
and
mathcam
!

Behind the scenes contrib - "The Who Needs Their Username in Orange Award"

On a more serious note, some players have taken extra duties upon themselves in order to keep this place up and running. The admin couldn't do it all themselves, although some admin are really cool (like jeep! where's his award, you sick bastards?!), some players are also really cool in this respect. We proudly acknowledge the behind the scenes contribution, espcially in queue maintenance, of
MeMe
!

Most Prolific player - "Addict award"

Our last award of the night, and debatably, the most important. This is an online community, fueled entirely by content. This content comes from one place, our users. Post or Perish? I choose post. And so does our posterboy:
mathcam
!

That's it for me folks. Please have your acceptance speaches ready, we're all dying to hear from someone that isn't me!
Last edited by cuban smoker on Mon Apr 26, 2004 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
jeep
jeep
Cappo Bastone
jeep
Cappo Bastone
Cappo Bastone

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2004 7:00 pm

Post by jeep »

Congrats to all.

The Coffee on the Monitor award went un-awarded because no one got half the votes (besides they all won another award anyway... and MeMe actually won two other awards). The Paperback Writer award went to both Sketchwick and Macros because they split at exactly half the votes.

I haven't figured out how to do MeMe's dual awards, yet. And I don't know how to give the Shrek Town their award...

-JEEP
Sketchwick
Sketchwick
Goon
Sketchwick
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2004 7:10 pm

Post by Sketchwick »

I am honored not only to have co-won best night scene writer but also to have the best role claim named after a character of mine.

I'm sure people naturally enjoy any recognition they ever get, but I'd just like to state how nice it is to put some effort into something and have it be appreciated.

And I am much too computer-lazy to ever get my own avatar, so the award is especially nice for me.

sketchwick
Flying Dutchman
Flying Dutchman
I never think
Flying Dutchman
I never think
I never think

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2004 10:30 pm

Post by Flying Dutchman »

If the Dragon Ph
oe
nix award was written right, it would've been perfect!

Congrats to all of you!!
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sun Apr 25, 2004 10:44 pm

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

Thank you. I'm tired of correcting that one....
And congrats to the winners.
Cadmium
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Cadmium
Twentythreeth
Twentythreeth

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2004 1:02 am

Post by Cadmium »

Best Role

First of all, I'd like to thank every player that made London Mafia possible. Even with the board crash and the slow re-start, you have done an excellent job finishing the game.

Secondly, I need to thank Leo for letting me co-mod. We both had a setup ready and when he asked for a co-mod we decided to make a trilogy. The second one isn't finished yet (well, we could run it now, but we want to tune it some more). Maybe when I finally get internet access at home, things will move a little faster.

Like Sketchwick said, it's nice to see that your effort is being appreciated. Plus who doesn't like to get an award called "Flying Pumpkin That Shoots Lazers Out Of Its Ass Award" ;).

Best Performance

I had no idea that Shrek Mafia was considered this great a performance. Sure, we eliminated the mafia one by one, and we didn't use that much abilities to get there, but ... oh, okay, it was a nice game ;).

Congrats to the other townies of Shrek Mafia as well!
"OH MY GOD, Cadmium! I can make rye bread! You must be innocent, I'll do whatever you tell me!" exclaims Mackay excitedly. - Jeep, Mini Game 9
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2004 3:33 am

Post by MeMe »

Eeek! My award's gonna get me lynched!

But I guess it's better than having "funniest player" accompanying every post. Oh, the pressure -- we'd have to make our signatures read "I'm not doing it
right now
."

Thanks and congratulations everyone!
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2004 3:49 am

Post by mathcam »

Heh. Posterboy. I get it. :)

Cam
Macros
Macros
Fear the Random Hobos
Macros
Fear the Random Hobos
Fear the Random Hobos

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2004 4:03 am

Post by Macros »

no tears yet, how disapointing :)
congrats to the other winners.
jeep - i dunno how you're to manage the shrek town cunundrum :)
yeah, next year, we'll work fast, possibly pre easter the awards could be ready :D
thanks to the other judges, and everyone who submitted a nomination, and cs for making the awards thread.
Oh the huge manatee!!
cuban smoker
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
cuban smoker
An Acquired Taste
An Acquired Taste

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2004 4:18 am

Post by cuban smoker »

Where does it say Pheonix? I'm insulted!

*tries to cover up the "Last edited by..." message*

*Also tries to pass the buck by claiming I just copied and pasted the awards titles from the judges forum... Macros!*
Macros
Macros
Fear the Random Hobos
Macros
Fear the Random Hobos
Fear the Random Hobos

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2004 4:27 am

Post by Macros »

i have special dispensation to mispell names, you dont :P
Oh the huge manatee!!
Kerplunk
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Kerplunk
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2004 4:30 am

Post by Kerplunk »

Congratulations, everyone!
Has your mafiagame lasted for only a few days or maybe it dragged on and on and on? Check the [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Records]Records page[/url] on the wiki to see if it is a record!
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2004 4:40 am

Post by MeMe »

Macros wrote:i have special dispensation to mispell names, you dont :P
You have a special dispensation to misspell, period. (We don't even mind when you misspell "misspell"!)
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
d8P
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
The "I told you so" guy

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2004 5:42 am

Post by d8P »

Congrats, all!

I want to know how macros spells dispensation correctly, then fumbles misspell.
[size=75]-POST NO BULLS-[/size]
KingPin
KingPin
Goon
KingPin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2004 6:35 am

Post by KingPin »

Congrats to all....
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2004 9:36 am

Post by Dragon Slayer »

Thanks, guys. Polotet and I worked really hard on Ankh-Morpork. We started with a bunch of crazy ideas. We seemed to get set on having money in the game, making that the main focus of the guilds. However, after working this out a great deal it seemed to complicated and not enough fun. So we changed.....everything. It turned out well. And I promise on behalf of myself and Polotet, that when (NOT if) he comes back, we will do a follow up- for who will inevitably be completely new people give or take a few people.

I'd also like to recognize London Mafia, for an awesome job. That was a great game and I had a lot of fun playing in it. I still don't see how DP got so much credit for finally agreeing with me after I made some long posts about lynching someone (I forget which player). As soon as he agreed everyone was like "Ok, let's lynch him." He was scum and everyone thanked DP... :? (Not that I'm angry at DP, cause I'm not at all). I would find it humorous if I hadn't put the time into those posts. :) However, the game was far beyond worth it. I had a lot of fun with it and honestly figured it would win this.

Thanks again.

-DS
Ever wonder why that edit button is obnoxiously placed in the center like that? Yeah, that's cause of me.. and trust me, it's better off there.
korais666
korais666
there is no hound
korais666
there is no hound
there is no hound

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2004 12:09 pm

Post by korais666 »

Congrats to ya'll. Glad to see London mafia was awardified, I enjoyed the first one.

*waits patiently for 2 and 3*

I'm honored to have to this point played a game with, modded for, or been in a game modded by everyone who got an award except for RubberDuck. Looking forward to next time. (Maybe I'll be nominated next year if I do something cool :D )
Holy crap, I forgot this site existed.
-Me, 2/25/08
rite
rite
Shameless Bandwagoner
rite
Shameless Bandwagoner
Shameless Bandwagoner

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2004 12:36 pm

Post by rite »

Thanks guys!

I think...
korais666
korais666
there is no hound
korais666
there is no hound
there is no hound

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Mon Apr 26, 2004 4:20 pm

Post by korais666 »

vote: Rite
. He's still alive, so he must be scum, right? (rite? guffaw guffaw)
Holy crap, I forgot this site existed.
-Me, 2/25/08
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Tue Apr 27, 2004 1:54 am

Post by Quagmire »

Holy crap, I was part of the Shrek Town for a little while, wasn't I?

Awesome. 8)
Dourgrim
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Dourgrim
Yep. Again.
Yep. Again.

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Thu Apr 29, 2004 10:32 pm

Post by Dourgrim »

Congrats, all... and a special "woot!" to the Shrek Town for a clean sweep in that game. They were so slick, I actually sat down and rechecked my setup to make sure it was fair to the baddies. Heh...

Oh, and I read the Nominations thread earlier tonight, too... thanks for the nomination for Best Role Claim for the Little Green Human Sympathizer. That was the most fun I've ever had trying to BS my way out of being fingered by a Cop (MeMe, no less!)... and it almost worked (I think I lived an extra day or two because of it).
[size=75]The point of the journey is not to arrive...[/size]
gslamm
gslamm
Goon
gslamm
Goon
Goon

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2004 5:05 am

Post by gslamm »

Actually it was the Pimp/Prostitute that tripped you up. :mrgreen:
[size=84]"Hmm, wow.. I'll just sit back and watch the stupidity continue to unfold.. "- genku Mixed Theme [/size]
PopsicleStix
PopsicleStix
Easily Amused
PopsicleStix
Easily Amused
Easily Amused

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2004 11:47 am

Post by PopsicleStix »

Congadulations, when/where's the after-party.

And who's bringing the beer?...
Women Respect a man who can wash himself.
TBuG
TBuG
they/them
I win
TBuG
they/them
I win
I win
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2004 12:11 pm

Post by TBuG »

I didn't win an award? ...

Come on, youv'e got to agree, there's a more likely chance of me being lynched night one. One time I was stupid enough to claim "Symphony Mafia Bodyguard".
rolandofthewhite (5:40:28 PM): It would be weird living with Thesp. All the hookers murdered and skin lying around. :(
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Fri Apr 30, 2004 5:28 pm

Post by Yaw »

Wow, PBuG! Getting lynched night one really
would
deserve an award. :wink:

Return to “Scummies and Mashies Archives”