the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2625 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:44 am

Post by the worst »

I agree with mastina's stance that our read was paranoid, and possibly too overconsidered. I disagree firmly that it was illogical. Our reasoning was laid out in the dead thread, and is there for your reading.

I think some time to calm down is needed - if you'd like to talk about it more find me on Discord a bit later. In the meantime apology definitely accepted for the hurt feelings. I know it's not your intention.
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2626 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:45 am

Post by jjh927 »

I think the issue here is the implications you perceive from tw being wrong
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2627 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:47 am

Post by jjh927 »

Reading someone wrong is neither evidence of incompetence of the reader nor an attack on that readee's ability to play as town
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2628 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:47 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2619, Chickadee wrote:I'm disengaging after this.

I never said I was perfect. I never said my play was perfect. I will never say those things. I just said that it was a fun game, and I still would have thought it was fun had town lost. Yes, it sucks to be mislynched. Yes it sucks to be killed when you have no way of defending yourself. But we all signed up for a
game
. When things get personal, games stop being fun. If you have anything you would like to say personally, or have a constructive conversation, please PM me or find me on Discord. I've tried to be constructive in my posts to you, but it seems that message wasn't conveyed.

Good game everyone, thank you for playing.
I honestly don’t think your reaction to me was at all fair and wrt to other games we both played in, it doesn’t even make any sense. I can only think of one - Necromancer - where you legit made me feel like shit and I wanted to replace out specifically because of that.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2629 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:47 am

Post by jjh927 »

Situation was very high pressure and aspects of it had been orchestrated to maximise paranoia and the chances of making mistakes
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2630 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:49 am

Post by jjh927 »

If I'm honest, TW and Dannflor were the main people I was trying to manipulate, too, because I figured Egix and BS would follow and Boon would be Boon and that makes 5
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2631 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:49 am

Post by jjh927 »

If I'm honest, TW and Dannflor were the main people I was trying to manipulate, too, because I figured Egix and Chemist would follow and Boon would be Boon and BS was absent but voting AA and that makes 5

ebwop
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #2632 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:50 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 2617, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:If you’d rather not play with me after this, then it’s because you completely lack empathy. Sorry but you clearly are incapable of putting yourself in our position here. Try that even for a goddamned minute and you will stop unreasonably fucking judging me!
Chill, Nancy.

First of all, it's completely reasonable to not want to play with someone for any reason. Me and RC avoided each other for a while, despite the fact that he's one of the people I appreciate most on site. It doesn't have to have a reason.

Second of all, just because you have a valid reason to be frustrated, which you do, doesn't mean people have to be willing to expose themselves to that frustration if they don't want to.

Third, attacking back is not the way to calm down the situation. No one is misreading anyone at this point. Everyone knows that you were frustrated during the endgame, and people are legit hurt that you're letting your frustrations over the game color your perceptions of them as people, or if you're not, that they're perceiving this as you doing so. No one is saying that you don't have the right to be frustrated.

To paraphrase FL in what was probably the most poignant part of the dead thread "You can play like shit as much as you want, do blatantly antitown things, and even be completely fucking wrong, so long as you try." There is no shame in being wrong. Sure, take pride in being right, but don't throw people's mistakes in their face in the post because their emotions/jjh's mind control/ paranoia got the best of them. We've ALL been wrong. We've ALL had dumb reads. It's just a part of the game, and this is the part of the game when we let go, laugh at how dumb we were, and share a beer at the local pub.
This is a Parachute.
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #2633 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:52 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2621, the worst wrote:
In post 2613, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 2584, Krazy wrote:This conversation is a pretty good indication of why I'm done with this site lol
For all of the people shitting on me, you are being completely insensitive to what we had to deal with. I’m specifically talking about you Chick. Develop some fucking compassion why don’t you? Glass houses and all. Oh and please let me know when you became perfect
. :roll:
Nancy, I don't think she implied she is perfect or that you're less than perfect. Just that you have different playstyles, and she doesn't feel they are compatible.

If you disagree I'm sure there's a conversation to have but this is not the place, nor the tone for it.

Pedit: started typing this before the other stuff. Still hitting submit.
If she wants to attack my character, it is the perfect tone. I’m not in the mood to be lectured too btw. At least not until you at least show even a modicum of effort of trying to put yourself in my or anyone in my hydra’s shoes for a minute. Do you even have a freaking clue how your reads positively demoralized us. Krazy pulled his game and may now temporarily take a short break because of it but only you get to feel bad here?
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2634 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:53 am

Post by jjh927 »

You got frustrated because you felt like you deserved the win and you almost didn't get it
Dannflor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Dannflor
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2635 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:54 am

Post by Dannflor »

In post 2633, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:Krazy pulled his game and may now temporarily take a short break because of it
is that true?
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #2636 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:54 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 2627, jjh927 wrote:Reading someone wrong is neither evidence of incompetence of the reader nor an attack on that readee's ability to play as town
And you’re 100% completely misinterpreting what I said. I know TW is usually a brilliant player and I’ve never ever implied anything otherwise, so please don’t misrep me.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #2637 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:56 am

Post by Jingle »

Locking for ten minutes to force people to chill.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #2638 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:01 pm

Post by Jingle »

Posting this because I'm an asshole who will abuse his rights:

Having no stake in this argument:

I firmly believe that Nancy is just venting her frustrations, and bears no ill will towards any of the player list.

I firmly believe that other people are just as valid in their hurt as Nancy is, and that too will fade with time.

I firmly believe that Chick is not attempting to attack Nancy's character, but rather avoid confrontations that will make them not like each other in the future.

I firmly believe that nothing that has been said here should negatively impact any friendships between the players.

I like and respect all of you, hope that you like and respect each other, and don't want this to spiral to a point where someone says something they don't really mean as a reaction.
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #2639 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:07 pm

Post by Jingle »

Unlocking now. Just remember, you're all beautiful people and Jingle loves you.

Except the megaseal who ate RC. That guy sucks.
This is a Parachute.
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2640 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:08 pm

Post by jjh927 »

I wonder what would have happened if I'd claimed backup doctor enabler
Chemist1422
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chesto berry

Post Post #2641 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:08 pm

Post by Chemist1422 »

In post 2624, Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 2612, Chemist1422 wrote:
In post 2582, jjh927 wrote:I'm pretty sure if either Pine or Mastina just hadn't been there, OR if Chemist had showed up, game would have gone differently
did I win town the game by being lazy?
Yes.
epic gamer moment
GTKAS

“you're an empty-glass-but-there-might-be-INVISIBLE-Water kinda guy” -Iprobablysuck
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2642 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:09 pm

Post by Ankamius »

egopost
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2643 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:09 pm

Post by jjh927 »

Also is that the enabler of the backup doctor or a backup of the doctor enabler? I guess we'll never know
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #2644 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:11 pm

Post by Jingle »

tbh, it sounds like a role I put in a game without a doctor, jj.
This is a Parachute.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2645 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:12 pm

Post by the worst »

i'm surprised jingle never posted full role pms, I was a backup enabler
--
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #2646 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:12 pm

Post by Jingle »

Universal Backup enabler does sound intriguing, conceptually, though.
This is a Parachute.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2647 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:12 pm

Post by Ankamius »

I was the dead thread enabler

bet you're glad I didn't die now
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #2648 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:13 pm

Post by the worst »

Imagine a game with a doctor, a backup doctor, a blackup doctor enabler, a backup enabler, an enabler enabler, and a backup enabler enabler
--
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #2649 (ISO) » Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:14 pm

Post by Jingle »

@ducky
In post 2322, Jingle wrote:Dannflor was:

DoctorWelcome to Vengeful Ghosts Mafia!

You are the Doctor!

You may target a player each night, protecting them from one kill.

You have your vote and your voice, which you may use to influence the lynch. You win when all of the Mafia aligned players have died, regardless of whether any mafia players are still alive.
In post 2324, Jingle wrote:Egix Was:

RessurectionistWelcome to Vengeful Ghosts Mafia!

You are the Ressurectionist!

You may target a dead player each night. If they haven't been killed by a mafia nightkill, you will bring them back to life.

You have your vote and your voice, which you may use to influence the lynch. You win when all of the Mafia aligned players have died, regardless of whether any mafia players are still alive.
In post 2329, Jingle wrote:OSTENTATIOUS was:

DeadspeakerWelcome to Vengeful Ghosts Mafia!

You are the Deadspeaker! You have access to the Dead Thread.

If you would be lynched or killed, instead you lose your vote. You will never be able to vote in the Dead Thread.

In post 2349, Jingle wrote:And FINALLY:

FakeGod was a

Spoiler:
Welcome to Vengeful Ghosts Mafia!

You are the Goon, along with Player and Player! You may discuss the game in the Mafia thread here at any time, even after you have died.

The mafia may collectively choose a living player each night to kill.

You win should the mafia control 50% of the votes in the main thread at any time.
In post 2533, Jingle wrote:Mod thread is unlocked and the link is in the OP. I deleted the post I had for extra flavor that never got used in case I want to use any of it in the future (Not sure why I would, but what's done is done, tbh.)

Mostly the review process is whats left (Along with proof that assignments were random and I didn't just pick people who hate being scum to be scum.)
:igmeou:
This is a Parachute.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”