Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #3200 (ISO) » Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:15 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 3197, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 3187, Ausuka wrote:Uhh I think everyone voting Avengers here is town and at least 2 and honestly most likely 3 scum are on Maria here? I think it's pretty clear that scum wanted Avengers to live day 2.
I don't think the Avengers lynch was centrally organized enough for that to be the case.
Sorry but I have literally no idea what this means :P
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3201 (ISO) » Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:17 am

Post by Menalque »

Regarding : I was focused on trying to read skitt because I hadn’t played with any of the others before. Also, yes I knew she was good as scum, I was just being overconfident because she seemed to be playing similarly to the last game where she was town and some people were susp of her there but I correctly called her as town

Also, no. It’s not my best moment (because I hadn’t considered that fact that as scum skitt would
know
was town) but if you view it from my perspective: I know I’m town. If skitt!town then the fact she’s townreading me indicates skitt!town because it means her read is good, which is what I’d expect based on town!her having been good at reading me before. It’s similar to the reason why I’m still somewhat susp of FL because he’s probably the person most familiar with me in this game, so the fact that he’s not TRing me here is weird (esp as he was at the beginning, and his reason for stopping was weird and had weird timing)
itlepip
itlepip
Mafia Scum
itlepip
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3202 (ISO) » Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:18 am

Post by itlepip »

In post 3199, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 3195, itlepip wrote:the other 10% feels like scum would have killed a doctor last night if there were 2 real doc claims. I mean unless they have a bunch of strongman shots
I think a single strongman shot is enough to justify it tbh. Two-shot docs in a large aren't going to be targeting unclaimed players. As long as they have the means to take out someone important after they claim, the docs are probably not that much of a threat to them.
If Maria is real then its probably because scum have a role blocker, so things make more sense that way. Also @Menalque, if you were a 2 shot doc would your protect a possible mason claim?
Predictable, really I suppose. It was an act of purest optimism to have posed the question in the first place.

"Show him the fucking bread"
-Ether June 12, 2016, at 11:14 pm EST
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3203 (ISO) » Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:21 am

Post by Menalque »

If I were a doc I would have protected mastina last night for the way she pushed avengers
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3204 (ISO) » Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:22 am

Post by Menalque »

Not because of the mason claim
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3205 (ISO) » Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:22 am

Post by Menalque »

Ausuka if you’re around do you wanna chat about why you’re trying to mislynch me
Dr Easy Bake
Dr Easy Bake
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Dr Easy Bake
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3206 (ISO) » Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:24 am

Post by Dr Easy Bake »

This is like my towniest game on this site so far. I usually try to keep my play style NAI but I have just spewed town this game. Y’all are wrong for not seeing it. Itlepip is trying to use people’s general distrust of me to get the vote off of them. I don’t think the way they are defending themselves is good at all, I don’t think their play is towny AT ALL. I ISOd them, which I NEVER do. You know why? Because I’m town, so I actually have to do work in this game now.
Despite all this effort to get the vote on me, it hasn’t been working because y’all think pip is scum too, and even pip knows the push against me is lame and is now trying to pivot towards Menalque.
Stop dillying yall’s dallying and lynch pip please.
If not a lynch at least hit them with your moves like I will overnight. Based on their claim I’ll do 2hp.
Dr Easy Bake
Dr Easy Bake
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Dr Easy Bake
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3207 (ISO) » Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:27 am

Post by Dr Easy Bake »

Also semi V/LA from Monday until Thursday. I’ll be in San Diego eating pizza at Caffè Calabria. I’ll still be able to check in with all my games during my morning poops probabaly.
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3208 (ISO) » Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:27 am

Post by Menalque »

Have fun deb
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #3209 (ISO) » Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:28 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 3200, Ausuka wrote: Sorry but I have literally no idea what this means :P
I don't think town had their shit together. So if scum had been trying their hardest to save Avengers, they probably wouldn't have been lynched.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Dr Easy Bake
Dr Easy Bake
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Dr Easy Bake
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3210 (ISO) » Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:31 am

Post by Dr Easy Bake »

In post 3208, Menalque wrote:Have fun deb
Pizza is involved, so, you know it!
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #3211 (ISO) » Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:32 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 3201, Menalque wrote:Regarding : I was focused on trying to read skitt because I hadn’t played with any of the others before. Also, yes I knew she was good as scum, I was just being overconfident because she seemed to be playing similarly to the last game where she was town and some people were susp of her there but I correctly called her as town

Also, no. It’s not my best moment (because I hadn’t considered that fact that as scum skitt would
know
was town) but if you view it from my perspective: I know I’m town. If skitt!town then the fact she’s townreading me indicates skitt!town because it means her read is good, which is what I’d expect based on town!her having been good at reading me before. It’s similar to the reason why I’m still somewhat susp of FL because he’s probably the person most familiar with me in this game, so the fact that he’s not TRing me here is weird (esp as he was at the beginning, and his reason for stopping was weird and had weird timing)
You haven't played with any of the others before - so? Skitter is still one of the strongest scum on the site and having a game or two with her doesn't change that. It's not like it's that much harder to read someone you haven't played with, right?

I've tried to look at it from your perspective but can't see it. I don't think the possibility of Skitter being scum and townreading you isn't, like, all that complex and I think it's something very intuitive. So I don't see why you wouldn't think about it.

Pedit: They weren't lynched for most of the day and the wagon encountered a large amount of resistance but then town suddenly swung onto Avengers in a short period of time in a way where it seems likely scum wouldn't have been able to do anything about it. I think it makes perfect sense that scum didn't want the wagon to go through and it did anyway, because it was a sudden movement and they never got an actual chance to oppose it or do anything during that.

hope you have fun Deb!
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #3212 (ISO) » Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:34 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 3211, Ausuka wrote:They weren't lynched for most of the day and the wagon encountered a large amount of resistance but then town suddenly swung onto Avengers in a short period of time in a way where it seems likely scum wouldn't have been able to do anything about it. I think it makes perfect sense that scum didn't want the wagon to go through and it did anyway, because it was a sudden movement and they never got an actual chance to oppose it or do anything during that.
Maybe. But it's possible that scum jumped on it near the end believing it was inevitable.
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #3213 (ISO) » Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:37 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 3212, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 3211, Ausuka wrote:They weren't lynched for most of the day and the wagon encountered a large amount of resistance but then town suddenly swung onto Avengers in a short period of time in a way where it seems likely scum wouldn't have been able to do anything about it. I think it makes perfect sense that scum didn't want the wagon to go through and it did anyway, because it was a sudden movement and they never got an actual chance to oppose it or do anything during that.
Maybe. But it's possible that scum jumped on it near the end believing it was inevitable.
Sure I see Deb jumping on it after it became clear, I don't see anyone else as a likely candidate though?
itlepip
itlepip
Mafia Scum
itlepip
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3214 (ISO) » Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:37 am

Post by itlepip »

Lol, DEB even if you do get me killed here, when I flip there is noo way you aren't instantly getting lynched
Spoiler: Ignore british faces
Predictable, really I suppose. It was an act of purest optimism to have posed the question in the first place.

itlepip
itlepip
Mafia Scum
itlepip
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3215 (ISO) » Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:40 am

Post by itlepip »

Outside of a soft or hard claiming something I can't imagine how scum would stop that lynch.

Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3216 (ISO) » Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:41 am

Post by Menalque »

So I think it’s a lot easier trying to interact with people you’ve played with before, yes. Like I said, that’s an error of overconfidence from me as I’ve only got 1 game with her, but I would expect reads to get better the more you play with someone. So yes, I would still be marginally more confident trying to read a good scum player who I’d played with multiple times than a competent player I had never played with before not considered great as scum
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3217 (ISO) » Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:42 am

Post by Menalque »

Also I mean, that’s what happened but I get it if it doesn’t seem persuasive rn, you’ll see I was telling the truth if I get mislynched today
itlepip
itlepip
Mafia Scum
itlepip
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3218 (ISO) » Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:45 am

Post by itlepip »

I do think its possible that one scum was on the wagon early (guess who I think that is, I promise I am trying to not just confbias) and just didn't have time to get off/didn't think getting off of it would look good.

Pedit: I really would much prefer a DEB lynch today, I've never played with Menalque before so have no clue what his meta/range is, but it seems plausible that this is just someone trying to be confident, since in mafia usually most of your confidence about your reads is fabricated anyways.

Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3219 (ISO) » Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:57 am

Post by Menalque »

@itle where do you think I’m trying to be confident?
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #3220 (ISO) » Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:57 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 3216, Menalque wrote:So I think it’s a lot easier trying to interact with people you’ve played with before, yes. Like I said, that’s an error of overconfidence from me as I’ve only got 1 game with her, but I would expect reads to get better the more you play with someone. So yes, I would still be marginally more confident trying to read a good scum player who I’d played with multiple times than a competent player I had never played with before not considered great as scum
But like you haven't even seen her scumgame yet, and when you said that Skitter was a good scum player and that's why you misread her, you didn't seem at all surprised that she defied your expectations after one game. Tbh this thing about being confident on reading her after one game with her feels too convenient for this situation as I think it's, like, the only explanation scum!you can really give here.

@Itle: I don't think that applies here since we're talking about Menal's relative confidence at reading different people and if he's just overconfident he should be confident enough to read the other three as well. I do think that the other players in the hydra were very scummy and I'm confused by any attempt to ignore them.
itlepip
itlepip
Mafia Scum
itlepip
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3221 (ISO) » Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:18 am

Post by itlepip »

In post 3220, Ausuka wrote:
In post 3216, Menalque wrote:So I think it’s a lot easier trying to interact with people you’ve played with before, yes. Like I said, that’s an error of overconfidence from me as I’ve only got 1 game with her, but I would expect reads to get better the more you play with someone. So yes, I would still be marginally more confident trying to read a good scum player who I’d played with multiple times than a competent player I had never played with before not considered great as scum
But like you haven't even seen her scumgame yet, and when you said that Skitter was a good scum player and that's why you misread her, you didn't seem at all surprised that she defied your expectations after one game. Tbh this thing about being confident on reading her after one game with her feels too convenient for this situation as I think it's, like, the only explanation scum!you can really give here.

@Itle: I don't think that applies here since we're talking about Menal's relative confidence at reading different people and if he's just overconfident he should be confident enough to read the other three as well. I do think that the other players in the hydra were very scummy and I'm confused by any attempt to ignore them.
That I agree with. I thought Skitt was super towny and the rest of the hydra (esp Nancy) were being very scummy, and I think that was a pretty obvious read, though I have learned to be way more wary of skitt

RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3222 (ISO) » Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:25 am

Post by RCEnigma »

In post 3212, Something_Smart wrote:
Yes, that's exactly what happened. A 4 man core pushed for Avengers and Maria got run up to a doc claim. Then everyone swung onto the only other credible day 2 push.
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3223 (ISO) » Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:29 am

Post by RCEnigma »

You guys didn't think 3 heads playing scummy with 1 head trying to work backwards was a red flag?
itlepip
itlepip
Mafia Scum
itlepip
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3224 (ISO) » Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:36 am

Post by itlepip »

I was starting to come around to avengers being scum, but I was reading/playing seriously enough to feel confident enough to move my reads.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”