Newbie 1951 (Day 4)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
emps
emps
Mafia Scum
emps
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:34 pm

Post by emps »

In post 332, skitter30 wrote: =
In post 177, EpicCreeper9002 wrote:My biggest townread is probably Farkran, for getting people to talk. The fact that they pointed out they did this kind of negates it though. I also lean town on emps for asking those questions to analyze.
ok
a) why is 'getting people to talk' townie?
b) is farkran the only person you think has been doing this?
c) why does pointing out that they did this negate the townread?
hold up if it negates the TR then why is epic still tring fark?
"I guess gay erotic fanfics are the key to healthy game discussion." -HoldenGolden
"making friends is dangerous emps. always be on guard." -the worst
"Children are sticky." -MaryJoLisa
"What if a guy and a girl meet online, and then face to face, and have children. Are their kids real?" -MaryJoLisa
emps
emps
Mafia Scum
emps
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:37 pm

Post by emps »

In post 342, skitter30 wrote:In post 235, Farkran wrote:
This is the second time you've been defending skitter for... no reason at all, besides her being VLA.

yeah ngl this still weirds me out a bit
why does it weird you out? i feel like teacher was genuine atm maybe i should reread it
"I guess gay erotic fanfics are the key to healthy game discussion." -HoldenGolden
"What if a guy and a girl meet online, and then face to face, and have children. Are their kids real?" -MaryJoLisa
emps
emps
Mafia Scum
emps
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:39 pm

Post by emps »

In post 343, skitter30 wrote:
In post 341, NotMySpamAccount wrote:heyy skitter! it's been a while. my tr was in fact lazy, but it's early d1 and assuming you're town usually works out. In this case, I think it did, you sound pretty townie.
hey :)

you feel a lot more ~natural~ than the last time i've played with you; i think i'm tending town on you here

reads are something like:

{emps}
{nmsa, selynee}
{teacher, sushi}
{menalque, creeper}
{farkran}

let me check the vc before i vote
could you better explain ur nmsa tr? or does it mostly come down to him feeling more natural?
what is your current stance on sushi?
emps
emps
Mafia Scum
emps
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:42 pm

Post by emps »

In post 466, skitter30 wrote:right it was the nmsa read - nmsa's reaction test thing comes from town like ... nearly always, and i don't get why nmsa having a different read than him on farkran on like p2 is a reason to find nmsa scummy
oh yeah and this
emps
emps
Mafia Scum
emps
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:45 pm

Post by emps »

hm i should iso creeper, mena, sushi, and maybe nmsa? id like to see more posts and stuff from sely tbh.
emps
emps
Mafia Scum
emps
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:48 pm

Post by emps »

town
teacher
skitt
sely
null
creeper (probs going to iso and stuff soon)
fark
scum

idk yet : sushi, nmsa, mena
emps
emps
Mafia Scum
emps
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:50 pm

Post by emps »

i like the recent post from teacher where he goes over fark's read progression on mena tho
emps
emps
Mafia Scum
emps
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:52 pm

Post by emps »

In post 177, EpicCreeper9002 wrote:Alright here goes

For emps' questions:
1. I have played a single game of forum mafia before and it was this thing called No Setup where you can use any action. I have also played a lot of chat mafia but I feel like that's an entirely different thing
That being said, I can't really answer questions 2-4 because I have never played a regular game of forum mafia. Plus, in chat mafia I barely know what I'm doing half the time
5. Time zone is EST.

My biggest townread is probably Farkran, for getting people to talk. The fact that they pointed out they did this kind of negates it though. I also lean town on emps for asking those questions to analyze.

I'd like to ask Selynee what they were trying to do with their fake hammer.

Why is like half of page 4 just emps and Menalque talking about a past game? I know you can look at what a player has done in past games, but none of that really seems relevant.

I'm going to UNVOTE: Sushi Martyr because RVS meme time is over. Also I have something to do so it's probably going to be another few hours before I post again (more reading for me, yay)
i dunno how to feel about him ignoring my questions 2-4 when hes played some form of mafia before and he should have some sort of idea what his townplay, scumplay, and how he reads others is like.
emps
emps
Mafia Scum
emps
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:54 pm

Post by emps »

oh yeah also him unvoting and not placing a vote anywhere to get some sort of pressure of any kind or any slight scumreads of any sort.

honestly, if he didnt see town motivation coming from sely's fake hammer, he shouldve voted them. im not saying there is none, but he didnt seem to see/notice any.
emps
emps
Mafia Scum
emps
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:56 pm

Post by emps »

In post 309, EpicCreeper9002 wrote:VOTE: emps

I really don't like emps' reactions to Farkran's attacks. Most notably, he seems to be getting desperate in his recent posts (specifically 303, 304, and 305).

Also, what point are you trying to make with that "scumreading two of the above" post?
i think his reaction test was at least somewhat genuine? but it seemed sorta rushed tbh because he only brought up recent posts and made no even semi-decent points on me, however i dont think scum does that
emps
emps
Mafia Scum
emps
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:57 pm

Post by emps »

In post 346, EpicCreeper9002 wrote:b) Honestly I think the sheer amount of posts is getting to me and I haven't really looked into things. That's probably my fault
10/10 nice job dodging the question
emps
emps
Mafia Scum
emps
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:58 pm

Post by emps »

In post 386, EpicCreeper9002 wrote:
In post 347, NotMySpamAccount wrote:yeah I'm confident on creeper scum now.
In post 349, emps wrote:i dunno i could buy creeper/fark as the gamesolve but that feels wayy too easy
In post 358, teacher wrote:Here’s my issue w the wagon right now: fark has been put on L-1 twice (five votes, as skitter replaced sushi). I know I’m town and I lean heavily that way on spammy. So unless we are saying the team is exactly creeper-fark, farks likely a Mislynch.

Skit- talk to me about Menalque because I melded w you a bit there. I disagreed w the early townread on darque and his reads (there, emps) have seemed a little swingy. The meld was strong on the 180-220 bit of reaching to scumread spam after what was to me an extremely towny reaction test - like Nigeria at the player Nd looking for a rationale.

I’m not saying that’s not the team btw. But if people are inclined there, I think the higher value play is to lynch creeper.

UNVOTE: Menalque
VOTE: creeper

it should be mentioned Fark is at L-1
What exactly made all of this happen? I know it's probably something in my previous post, but what?
at the time i felt like the reaction test was the fakest shit ever and i felt like it was an excuse to back out of the SR on me
emps
emps
Mafia Scum
emps
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:59 pm

Post by emps »

In post 393, EpicCreeper9002 wrote:I don't know, it's just a gut feeling I guess.
i dunno i think this comes from town
emps
emps
Mafia Scum
emps
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:03 pm

Post by emps »

In post 394, EpicCreeper9002 wrote:mps was sort of a random decision, he was one of the people who was active at the time so I'd get a quick result.
also, why not fark or teacher? they were p active at the time. i can get u not doing fark because i dont really see much of a reaction there and it could go poorly. but why not teacher? if you still leaned town on me back then, why did you decide to choose me to reaction test? i assumed it was originally a reaction test for fark or everyone in general, and i didnt know it was mostly towards me
emps
emps
Mafia Scum
emps
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:05 pm

Post by emps »

In post 435, EpicCreeper9002 wrote:As for Farkran not claiming, I don't really read that either way. I don't really see it as a valid play from either town or scum. I think he has a reason for it, but I have no idea what that could be.
if u dont see town motivation coming from it, maybe push them to
a) claim
or
b) lynch the scum
emps
emps
Mafia Scum
emps
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:06 pm

Post by emps »

In post 457, EpicCreeper9002 wrote:. I'm still a bit reluctant on Farkran hammer, but if a lot of others agree, I won't stop you.
hold up
emps
emps
Mafia Scum
emps
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:11 pm

Post by emps »

ehhh i should listen to my own advice i really dont see much, if any, town motivation coming from a lot of his posts.
emps
emps
Mafia Scum
emps
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:11 pm

Post by emps »

ill look for some scum motivation maybe tmrw morning or smth
emps
emps
Mafia Scum
emps
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:11 pm

Post by emps »

plus fark is still a stronger sr for me
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:12 pm

Post by Farkran »

In post 541, teacher wrote: I legit do not get how the guy who wrote all the things in the spoiler, especially the PR spec, flips it up and votes Menalque WITHOUT EVER OFFERING A SCUMREAD. The best that has been offered is an information lynch.

That is hella survivalistic. Especially since their reads have not flipped. They still scumread me, and acknowledge that me-menalque cannot be a team. NO SENSE.
Are you for real? Did you read this?

Menalque is performing very bad under pressure so far and i'm hating it, my townread of him went way down after his latest post and i explained why. Read again: he's doing pretty much the same thing you've accused me to, placing people he had on high TR as his current gamesolving mafia teams (you, nmsa), except that he reconsidered
more than half of his list
, he didn't even mention
me
as a possible mafia when several pages ago he has given the
intent to hammer on my train
. He basically omgussed the whole train against him while forgetting i ever existed and this does not make any sense as a town player. Then i put him at L-1 and you turn back on me on the accuse of
being survivalistic
? I didn't even care about being at L-1 for like 10 pages and i resumed voting you instead of jumping of menalque's train before his crappy defense speech.

Also i strongly encourage you to read game progress from all povs, you may realize that half your analysis on me is off, especially 419 and 541. Emps you should do that too.

(Out of game - I have this hunch that me and you+emps are playing like the cats and dogs urban legend, you know? Cats raise their tail when they're in peril, dogs do it when they're happy, and then they go at each other "wtf you're doing dude? Why are you raising your tail when it makes absolutely no sense?" and the other would say the exact same things, because they have a different nature. When this game is over, we'll likely shout at each other with lines like "you don't know how to play" or "backwards logic" as emps already accused me of, whereas we just come from a different culture. I am not used to play by meta as you guys do since meta was mostly not a thing in my days - we were given randomized forum names to avoid past plays recognition. Also while a scum lynch d1 would be great for town, i am definitely not so keen on getting my highest scumread because it is just so unlikely with zero info whatsoever. I'd rather analyze possible teams and interactions and get the most information out of it for future's sake.)
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:15 pm

Post by Farkran »

Speaking of teams, @emps @teacher who do you see me teaming up with if i am scum? Think carefully.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:23 pm

Post by Nexus »

Votecount 1.6:

Menalque (3) -
NotMySpamAccount, skitter30, Farkran
Farkran (3) -
Seleynee, emps, teacher

Not voting (3) -
Sushi Martyr, Menalque, EpicCreeper9002

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch. The deadline is at 9am BST on the 28th August 2019. (expired on 2019-08-28 09:00:00)
Last edited by Nexus on Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Trans rights are human rights.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:23 pm

Post by teacher »

In post 570, Farkran wrote:Speaking of teams, @emps @teacher who do you see me teaming up with if i am scum? Think carefully.
At this point I honestly don’t care. Someone who swaps onto a town PR after townreading them most of the game can go. preflip associatives are crap.
teacher
teacher
Jack of All Trades
teacher
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:24 pm

Post by teacher »

In post 569, Farkran wrote:He basically omgussed the whole train against him while forgetting i ever existed and this does not make any sense as a town player.
Um, it absolutely does? If you’re town and wagonned, you figure a scum is on it, ya?
Selynee
Selynee
Goon
Selynee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:25 pm

Post by Selynee »

@Farkran- Not rushing to hammer D1 is very possible- maybe mafia are just more cautious or don't trust themselves for one of them to be in the spotlight D2 and so on.
To be fair, you actually didn't say you have a scum read on Menalque or explain it till now.

I don't see much of a defence there...their scumreads at this point are basically based on an assumption on the bandwagons. And Emps on tunnelling (if still actual). Also, they never actually explained the strange scumread on NMSA at that point. You are right about forgetting about you.

How do you read the townlean on Skitter while also saying they wouldn't push her as scum D1?

@SushiMartyr can detail your read on emps (after catching-up)

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”