Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1951 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:36 am

Post by Dr Easy Bake »

In post 1943, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1914, Almost50 wrote:
New Site Rule:
DEB should be PL'd in every single game regardless. Switching sides willingly is bad enough an idea, but -also- doublecrossing me and Gamma was even worse. Fuck me if I trust you again even if you were a mod-confirmed IC
Fucking same. And DEB, if you start pulling a Yume I will straight blacklist you.
I don't watch anime.
Dr Easy Bake
Dr Easy Bake
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Dr Easy Bake
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1952 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:38 am

Post by Dr Easy Bake »

In post 1944, Gamma Emerald wrote:you sold out your values
You don't know my absolute values.
In post 1944, Gamma Emerald wrote:you sold out your character
You've played with me enough...did I really though??
Dr Easy Bake
Dr Easy Bake
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Dr Easy Bake
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1953 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:38 am

Post by Dr Easy Bake »

In post 1951, Dr Easy Bake wrote:
New Site Rule:
DEB should be PL'd in every single game regardless. Switching sides willingly is bad enough an idea, but -also- doublecrossing me and Gamma was even worse. Fuck me if I trust you again even if you were a mod-confirmed IC
Fucking same. And DEB, if you start pulling a Yume I will straight blacklist you.
I don't watch anime.
(I'm assuming Yume is an anime thing)
Dr Easy Bake
Dr Easy Bake
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Dr Easy Bake
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1954 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:40 am

Post by Dr Easy Bake »

Lol I was apologetic at first because I wasn't even thinking about the whole betrayal thing. I just saw the win and had my blinders on. But in retrospect I'm glad I did :lol: I love being the heel.
Rautherdir
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1955 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:44 am

Post by Rautherdir »

In post 1949, Rautherdir wrote:
In post 1674, Gamma Emerald wrote:Ah thanks
There seems to be a lot of death stoppage lately
^ this.
Remember how I always said deathproof/bulletproof?
My reasoning was that you crumbed deathproof with that post, and may have gotten it downgraded to bulletproof by the mod. And before you point it out, we had no trustable confirmation for when you activated your crumbing ability. You could have just as easily said you did and then make the actual crumb later on in the day, when people were less likely to look for alternative crumbs from you.

This was never me making something up to get you lynched or shot, it was something I was legitimately worried about because you had one of the easily most overpowered scum roles in existence and my only hope for a werewolf victory was to downplay it and make you think you couldn't win with it, or after that day to prevent you from realizing that the slivers knew you weren't conf-town so that slivers could shoot you without you being bulletproof.
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1956 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:48 am

Post by gobbledygook »

In post 1941, Bingle wrote:Glad I could soak up that Dayvig. It was an excellent shot fueled in no part by ridiculous paranoia.
Yeah Almost’s day vig on you was so bad that I almost killed him the first night even though the mod said he was town because I didn’t believe a town person would actually make that shot and even if he was town, I was afraid he had more dumb shots to make.
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1957 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:48 am

Post by gobbledygook »

I don’t think I’ve ever seen DEB this active in a game. Interesting.
Dr Easy Bake
Dr Easy Bake
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Dr Easy Bake
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1958 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 9:57 am

Post by Dr Easy Bake »

In post 1957, gobbledygook wrote:I don’t think I’ve ever seen DEB this active in a game. Interesting.
You just haven’t seen me at my full glory.
Rautherdir
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1959 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:09 am

Post by Rautherdir »

In post 1572, Rautherdir wrote:Like, win condition wise Gamma cannot win as guiltied solo(?) cult, so... Gamma you're going to have to figure out how to be not cult and with your role you're in a unique position to do so.
I mean, this post was a blatant lie. You essentially had a guaranteed cult victory, and until you flipped I literally had no idea whether or not you were cult.

My plan at the start of day 5 was to no lynch and then get the sliver kill on you that night. The mod kind of interrupted that after noting that the Slivers couldn't win with Gamma still alive though...

Oh yeah, and the speed-lynching you was because if you hadn't actually targeted Temporal on night 4 and were still a crumber, we didn't want you to have a chance of getting lynchproof or deathproof. Speed-lynching you was the only way we could win in that scenario.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1960 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:25 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

^ this.
Seems like a pretty weak crumb? I don’t know what metric I should really look at but the “feigned lack of I involvement” crumb type seems pretty weak in general.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1961 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:29 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1951, Dr Easy Bake wrote:
New Site Rule:
I don't watch anime.
Yume is actually a player on site who has a habit of flaking, as well as a bazillion alts that have been hidden or not hidden. I don’t mind the flaking (though flaking is a way to get on my modding blacklist), but the alt accounts, especially when hidden, tick me off. I know you like using a ton of alts so I’m warning you that if you use a hidden alt to avoid my wrath (which btw I won’t always be able to act on, but I will get creative at times) then we will have a serious problem.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1962 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:33 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1952, Dr Easy Bake wrote:
In post 1944, Gamma Emerald wrote:you sold out your values
You don't know my absolute values.
In post 1944, Gamma Emerald wrote:you sold out your character
You've played with me enough...did I really though??
Again: I was quoting something. Doesn’t have to apply perfectly when the message is there. And yeah you kinda did sell out your character, now I’m way less inclined to trust you in mafia or any other game.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1963 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:34 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1955, Rautherdir wrote:
^ this.
Remember how I always said deathproof/bulletproof?
My reasoning was that you crumbed deathproof with that post, and may have gotten it downgraded to bulletproof by the mod. And before you point it out, we had no trustable confirmation for when you activated your crumbing ability. You could have just as easily said you did and then make the actual crumb later on in the day, when people were less likely to look for alternative crumbs from you.

This was never me making something up to get you lynched or shot, it was something I was legitimately worried about because you had one of the easily most overpowered scum roles in existence and my only hope for a werewolf victory was to downplay it and make you think you couldn't win with it, or after that day to prevent you from realizing that the slivers knew you weren't conf-town so that slivers could shoot you without you being bulletproof.
But I made a huge stink about wanting to be town. Do you think that was all an act???
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1964 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:36 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I’ll admit my role was overpowered for probably anything. So it boils down to “do you think I would have done that had bring town not been my plan?”
<Embrace The Void>

TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #1965 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:38 am

Post by TemporalLich »

yeah crumber is OP and idk if it should go to GIM...

if I rolled nostalgia trip I'd pick town medium from unstable mafia I guess...
time will end
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1966 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:41 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1965, TemporalLich wrote:yeah crumber is OP and idk if it should go to GIM...

The original incarnation of the role was NOT as OP. Firstly, I had to post crumbs constantly or risk punishment in the original game, and I had a PT to log them in. I also wasn’t given assurance of when or what power I would get. In addition all my picks were roles I had in the past. I just used Nostalgia Trip for the one with no way to replicate it through what GIM had to offer.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1967 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:43 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1959, Rautherdir wrote:
In post 1572, Rautherdir wrote:Like, win condition wise Gamma cannot win as guiltied solo(?) cult, so... Gamma you're going to have to figure out how to be not cult and with your role you're in a unique position to do so.
I mean, this post was a blatant lie. You essentially had a guaranteed cult victory, and until you flipped I literally had no idea whether or not you were cult.

My plan at the start of day 5 was to no lynch and then get the sliver kill on you that night. The mod kind of interrupted that after noting that the Slivers couldn't win with Gamma still alive though...

Oh yeah, and the speed-lynching you was because if you hadn't actually targeted Temporal on night 4 and were still a crumber, we didn't want you to have a chance of getting lynchproof or deathproof. Speed-lynching you was the only way we could win in that scenario.
Who killed TL in that scenario?
<Embrace The Void>

TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #1968 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:44 am

Post by TemporalLich »

In post 1966, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1965, TemporalLich wrote:yeah crumber is OP and idk if it should go to GIM...

The original incarnation of the role was NOT as OP. Firstly, I had to post crumbs constantly or risk punishment in the original game, and I had a PT to log them in. I also wasn’t given assurance of when or what power I would get. In addition all my picks were roles I had in the past. I just used Nostalgia Trip for the one with no way to replicate it through what GIM had to offer.
I was thinking a crumber that isn't something you have control over (but you'd still know which power you got and it otherwise works like the crumber here) would be an interesting very high power level role.
time will end
Rautherdir
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1969 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:46 am

Post by Rautherdir »

In post 1954, Dr Easy Bake wrote:Lol I was apologetic at first because I wasn't even thinking about the whole betrayal thing. I just saw the win and had my blinders on. But in retrospect I'm glad I did :lol: I love being the heel.
... I'm going to stop defending you now.

@Gamma:
Your first crumb was about the same level of vagueness. I never did ask the mod if that would have been accepted though, I just assumed it would be based on the fact your first crumb was accepted as what it was, and how your role was worded when you had flipped earlier.

p-edit
If you had stayed cult then making an act of wanting to be town was the best way to draw attention from another crumb, and deter other people considering that you might not be conf-town. Like I said I had no idea whether or not you were cult until you flipped, it was an occurrence to me that started to make more sense as more pieces of the puzzle were revealed to be out of place.

And Temporal, it's not all that overpowered for town. Scum can usually still endgame a deathproof townie.

p-edit 2
The slivers killed Temporal.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1970 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:48 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1968, TemporalLich wrote:

I was thinking a crumber that isn't something you have control over (but you'd still know which power you got and it otherwise works like the crumber here) would be an interesting very high power level role.
Ok this sounds interesting. Are you saying it doesn’t point out its crumbs, but instead the mod finds something that looks like a crumb and give them that ability?
<Embrace The Void>

TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #1971 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:51 am

Post by TemporalLich »

In post 1970, Gamma Emerald wrote:Ok this sounds interesting. Are you saying it doesn’t point out its crumbs, but instead the mod finds something that looks like a crumb and give them that ability?
I'd put the latter as "Uncontrolled Crumber", the former points out crumbs but is at the mercy of mod discretion to what role they get.

e.g. "I see you." might just make you a Tracker instead of the Seer you were hoping to get.
time will end
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1972 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:55 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1969, Rautherdir wrote:
In post 1954, Dr Easy Bake wrote:Lol I was apologetic at first because I wasn't even thinking about the whole betrayal thing. I just saw the win and had my blinders on. But in retrospect I'm glad I did :lol: I love being the heel.
... I'm going to stop defending you now.

@Gamma:
Your first crumb was about the same level of vagueness. I never did ask the mod if that would have been accepted though, I just assumed it would be based on the fact your first crumb was accepted as what it was, and how your role was worded when you had flipped earlier.

p-edit
If you had stayed cult then making an act of wanting to be town was the best way to draw attention from another crumb, and deter other people considering that you might not be conf-town. Like I said I had no idea whether or not you were cult until you flipped, it was an occurrence to me that started to make more sense as more pieces of the puzzle were revealed to be out of place.

And Temporal, it's not all that overpowered for town. Scum can usually still endgame a deathproof townie.

p-edit 2
The slivers killed Temporal.
Wait why did you guys kill my obvious target? You should have shot anything else.
As for staying cult: why would I? There were ways for me to enable recruiting again (which I always would have tried to do over simply staying alive), but I don’t believe I ever left a crumb to indicate that plan. Now the Judas theory was okay except, again, for the fact I needed to crumb it. If you were from D4 onward concerned about my alignment, what about making me reveal my alignment publicly? I doubt I could have fudged a crumb that could fake that and wouldn’t look super questionable.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1973 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 10:55 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1971, TemporalLich wrote:
In post 1970, Gamma Emerald wrote:Ok this sounds interesting. Are you saying it doesn’t point out its crumbs, but instead the mod finds something that looks like a crumb and give them that ability?
I'd put the latter as "Uncontrolled Crumber", the former points out crumbs but is at the mercy of mod discretion to what role they get.

e.g. "I see you." might just make you a Tracker instead of the Seer you were hoping to get.
Yeah your idea is more balanced.
<Embrace The Void>

Rautherdir
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Rautherdir
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1974 (ISO) » Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:04 am

Post by Rautherdir »

In post 1970, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1968, TemporalLich wrote:

Ok this sounds interesting. Are you saying it doesn’t point out its crumbs, but instead the mod finds something that looks like a crumb and give them that ability?
That would probably be a lot better actually (considering scum can get the role as demonstrated in this game). The player could still guide it but it would probably have to be a lot more obvious if they did.

Or maybe whenever someone - that you don't have private communication with - posts (public or pt) that you may have claimed 'x' role, you gain that role's abilities for the next phase?

p-edit:
Shooting Temporal was a "let's end this game" thing where everyone just did it because the mood was that it didn't matter and we had won. Also, if we had shot anyone else it probably would have been you because again, we thought you might be cult, and you hadn't crumbed anything like bulletproof the previous day.
Throughout the game I was looking to see if you ever crumbed something that could be Leader, you hadn't. But I didn't know if you would want to or not. (Crumbing leader would be risky and could get you killed if someone noticed)
As for why no public alignment reveal, on day 4 Hectic needed to be dealt with; after ofhrz flipped I realized deathproof scum might be possible with two players that could bypass it (you and ofhrz. I did think Hectic was deathproof mafia or that Hectic was lynchproof and Temporal was a mafia doctor). I would have had you do it day 5 but Temporal was Indigo goo so you were either no longer a crumber or you were cult.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”