NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #5650 (ISO) » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:54 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I still don't understand why you weren't suspicious of Menalque for that awful CC Skitter. He CC you as a full vig and killing your very same target A50, tried to lynch you, then gave up and started "townreading you" like wtf.
I seriously couldn't imagine a 1shotvig!you not reacting to that with immediately scumreading Menalque, that's why i was so convinced you were actually a serial killer.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Volpe14
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5651 (ISO) » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:54 am

Post by Volpe14 »

In post 5643, Almost50 wrote:@Menalque: You do that as a real Cop and I lynch you on the spot 10 times out of 10. NO COP ever votes their own inno in a Normal.
I think you are probably talking about me here and I guess you will really mislynch PR!me someday because as a PR I intentionally try to not look like a PR until the right time

I don't rely on my PR claim to look town - I rely on my own independent town credit, and try for the longest time possible look not like a PR.

if wooper was scum in that moment he would clearly be suspicious of me being a cop therefore fooling him into thinking I wasn't a cop by voting teacher for a bit would be the unique salvation to avoid a NK on me which would make me/town have one less result.

I don't really understand how I wasn't supposed to play out the "not cop" act when what would be my top suspect was considering I might be cop and therefore getting ready to NK me.
Wooper
Wooper
Unaware
Wooper
Unaware
Unaware

Post Post #5652 (ISO) » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:54 am

Post by Wooper »

It's ok; I felt like a lot of the work you did in the last phase was narrative pushing to steer the lynch onto me and off wicked/volpeslot so I'm not sure I had the capacity to engage in better faith by the end

I did mean what I said tho, I think this is a good one for the textbooks wrt spotting scum agenda. Scumteam makes the most sense given wicked cc'd at all. Wicked was kinda obviously scum in like all of his d3 posts, and that still didn't clear volpe nor confirm my alignment. trying to not be salty: I think doing this backwards by trying to find 1 town cop and one mafia in {wicked,volpe} was p much the main part where you went wrong imo because it lead to inevitable confirmation bias.

compared to e.g. ddl who basically just ate the entire scum gambit with a side of fries you actually played this fairly well

I know I have a kind of unique position here bc I had a literal guilty on wicked and basically lost my townreads on everyone except Nor because there was v v obviously gambiting going on...so not saying I played this well either. I was privileged to by gamestate.

pedit: @skit
Volpe14
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5653 (ISO) » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:55 am

Post by Volpe14 »

Ok, this is the official longest open game in 15 or so years of mafiascum.net

congratulations everyone I guess
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #5654 (ISO) » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:58 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 5650, NorwegianboyEE wrote:I still don't understand why you weren't suspicious of Menalque for that awful CC Skitter. He CC you as a full vig and killing your very same target A50, tried to lynch you, then gave up and started "townreading you" like wtf.
I seriously couldn't imagine a 1shotvig!you not reacting to that with immediately scumreading Menalque, that's why i was so convinced you were actually a serial killer.
I thought it was out of his scumrange. Wont make that mistake again, i guess

It was niggling at me that mechanically it was close to impossible but i felt like it could just be dealt with later given the cop thing
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #5655 (ISO) » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:58 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I didn't even realize this was the longest open game ever in mafia scum. I thought this was totally normal for this site.
:facepalm:
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Wooper
Wooper
Unaware
Wooper
Unaware
Unaware

Post Post #5656 (ISO) » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:59 am

Post by Wooper »

also if anyone scumread Nor on d3 they should feel very very silly!! very silly!!

volpe I hate that this game makes me love you even more. >:/
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #5657 (ISO) » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:59 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 5651, Volpe14 wrote:if wooper was scum in that moment he would clearly be suspicious of me being a cop therefore fooling him into thinking I wasn't a cop by voting teacher for a bit would be the unique salvation to avoid a NK on me which would make me/town have one less result.
And what if you got shot on N2?? I mean, let's say you were a Cop with an inno on me and you still voted me on D2 and then got randomly killed ion N2 anyway? What legacy would you have left the town to work with??

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Volpe14
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5658 (ISO) » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:01 am

Post by Volpe14 »

In post 5657, Almost50 wrote:
In post 5651, Volpe14 wrote:if wooper was scum in that moment he would clearly be suspicious of me being a cop therefore fooling him into thinking I wasn't a cop by voting teacher for a bit would be the unique salvation to avoid a NK on me which would make me/town have one less result.
And what if you got shot on N2?? I mean, let's say you were a Cop with an inno on me and you still voted me on D2 and then got randomly killed ion N2 anyway? What legacy would you have left the town to work with??
I'm pretty sure I had hard softed checking out teacher there and I would trust town to pretty much understand that I was playing around wooper by acting like "not the cop"

I had checked someone and by not claiming guilty I would have had a clear. The unique softing on mechanical clear I had was teacher.

I don't think there's any world where people don't get the fact that teacher was my target/I was trying to not look like the cop later (wooper even made that argument I'm pretty sure), but
I can see
where you're coming from, but just not something I would do as a PR to be fair.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #5659 (ISO) » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:02 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

bah
675 was a better game
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #5660 (ISO) » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:04 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I lost so this game SUCKS!

...Nah jk, this was very fun.

- Bunno
Wooper
Wooper
Unaware
Wooper
Unaware
Unaware

Post Post #5661 (ISO) » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:04 am

Post by Wooper »

tbf my argument for cop!you was "maybe he was doing X?" not "he was clearly a cop and town because X" - it did take some brainstretching but it was more likely than noms sending the wrong result to wicked and not owning up to the mod error lmao
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #5662 (ISO) » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:05 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 5652, Wooper wrote:It's ok; I felt like a lot of the work you did in the last phase was narrative pushing to steer the lynch onto me and off wicked/volpeslot so I'm not sure I had the capacity to engage in better faith by the end

I did mean what I said tho, I think this is a good one for the textbooks wrt spotting scum agenda. Scumteam makes the most sense given wicked cc'd at all. Wicked was kinda obviously scum in like all of his d3 posts, and that still didn't clear volpe nor confirm my alignment. trying to not be salty: I think doing this backwards by trying to find 1 town cop and one mafia in {wicked,volpe} was p much the main part where you went wrong imo because it lead to inevitable confirmation bias.

compared to e.g. ddl who basically just ate the entire scum gambit with a side of fries you actually played this fairly well

I know I have a kind of unique position here bc I had a literal guilty on wicked and basically lost my townreads on everyone except Nor because there was v v obviously gambiting going on...so not saying I played this well either. I was privileged to by gamestate.

pedit: @skit
Ya. From my pov there had to be at least one scum. It's not that i was trying to find one cop and 1 scum so much as i was trying to figure out which was least likely (which i guess was maybe fallacious)

And it also threw me off that you kept hard insisting volpe was town, which was ... not obvious to me either

Last night i was kinda thinking that maybe we should be trying for volpe over you given that i was p sure he was lying but it was over before i woke up.

Voting you didnt feel like the right solution (like it never hit that 'oh everything makes sense now' point that i am for), but like the least bad, if that makes sense

And the solution: literally everyone was lying
Wasnt obvious either

So you had one piece of the puzzle but i kinda had to start from scratch, i feel like, and consider all angles
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

Volpe14
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5663 (ISO) » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:06 am

Post by Volpe14 »

In post 5656, Wooper wrote:volpe I hate that this game makes me love you even more. >:/
I intensely hated the fact that you weren't realizing that if skitter was sk without lynching the roleblocker we would go to a kingmaker later which had a 100% rate of town losing but I also indeed love you.

I just was frustated that I thought I had a really good argument to make you vote DDL, was burned out of the game (just as you were), but you wouldn't let me wrap it up for everyone's sake

I mean...for one minute imagine playing this for more 20 or so days, especially trying to convince people after they lynched me that you weren't scum?

Literally
torture/hell is the unique thing that comes to mind...
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #5664 (ISO) » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:08 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 5662, skitter30 wrote:And it also threw me off that you kept hard insisting volpe was town,
@Wooper was just biased towards town!Volpe because Volpe was claiming him to be town. He got played like all of us. :wink:

- Bunno
Volpe14
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5665 (ISO) » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:08 am

Post by Volpe14 »

In post 5661, Wooper wrote:tbf my argument for cop!you was "maybe he was doing X?" not "he was clearly a cop and town because X" - it did take some brainstretching but it was more likely than noms sending the wrong result to wicked and not owning up to the mod error lmao
Yeah I know I just think that cop!me wouldn't have voted with you in teacher there when you, my top SR, would be suspecting me of TMI therefore cop.
Volpe14
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Volpe14
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5666 (ISO) » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:09 am

Post by Volpe14 »

In post 5665, Volpe14 wrote:
In post 5661, Wooper wrote:tbf my argument for cop!you was "maybe he was doing X?" not "he was clearly a cop and town because X" - it did take some brainstretching but it was more likely than noms sending the wrong result to wicked and not owning up to the mod error lmao
Yeah I know I just think that cop!me wouldn't have voted with you in teacher there when you, my top SR, would be suspecting me of TMI therefore cop.
fixing:

cop!me
would
have voted with you in teacher probably
Wooper
Wooper
Unaware
Wooper
Unaware
Unaware

Post Post #5667 (ISO) » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:11 am

Post by Wooper »

In post 5662, skitter30 wrote:And it also threw me off that you kept hard insisting volpe was town, which was ... not obvious to me either
hmm fair. fmpov proving that wicked was scum was like the d3 plan of attack because he was confirmed to me - I wasn't kinda... finding your points against volpe super convincing particularly vs. the last 20-30 posts of wicked's iso
In post 5662, skitter30 wrote:So you had one piece of the puzzle but i kinda had to start from scratch, i feel like, and consider all angles
exactly, yeah
I think my frustration ingame came from my like long legacy of respecting and being in awe of your reads particularly lategame; I know that you weren't going in with a specified agenda with your sorting but it did feel like you were leaning into the simpler solution of t!wicked / w!volpe and fmpov even if volpe was lynched d3 I was probably lynched d4 :<
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #5668 (ISO) » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:13 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Chemist get's an F ranking for his performance in this game.
See me after class.

- Bunno
Wooper
Wooper
Unaware
Wooper
Unaware
Unaware

Post Post #5669 (ISO) » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:13 am

Post by Wooper »

In post 5664, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 5662, skitter30 wrote:And it also threw me off that you kept hard insisting volpe was town,
@Wooper was just biased towards town!Volpe because Volpe was claiming him to be town. He got played like all of us. :wink:
unfortunately yeah. a lot came down to probabilities, like

ddl was de facto scum this game
mena was scummy and should have been sortable but was lower priority
wicked was guiltied to me
I was super paranoid about skitter because there was annoying afoot and it felt like she was confbiased towards town!wicked (this would have been awesome if the game didn't promptly end)

Egix and you were the only towny ones and volpe in d3 looked less wolfy than ddl/mena/wicked & maybe skitter

pedit: oof chem
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #5670 (ISO) » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:15 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 5659, RadiantCowbells wrote:bah
675 was a better game
...were you in 675, RC?
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #5671 (ISO) » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:16 am

Post by skitter30 »

I think my goal was to just find ~a scum~ and then sort out the other claims after given the flip so i could have more info

There was too much contradictory information that i couldnt run through like all possible permutations so i was kinda aiming for best chance at hitting a scum ~today~ even if it didnt completely solve the game because i was, lucky me, never dying until like n6

I was just kinda hoping for finding the best chance of finding one scum so that some pieces would fall into olace and i can reevaluate
Show
Hiatus once more.

the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #5672 (ISO) » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:17 am

Post by the worst »

same here. :c I just already knew one of the scums.
fyi if you'd gone for volpe I would very likely have joined you
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
Chemist1422
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chesto berry

Post Post #5673 (ISO) » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:18 am

Post by Chemist1422 »

In post 5668, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Chemist get's an F ranking for his performance in this game.
See me after class.
I would 100% be okay with this turning into a meme
GTKAS

“you're an empty-glass-but-there-might-be-INVISIBLE-Water kinda guy” -Iprobablysuck
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #5674 (ISO) » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:18 am

Post by skitter30 »

Ya. Like i said i was thinking about it, which is why i didnt end up voting before i went to sleep and it was over when i woke up
Show
Hiatus once more.

Return to “Completed Open Games”