Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1000 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:28 am

Post by popsofctown »

The first thing I want to say is I feel extremely, extremely bad about posting an incorrect hammer VC. It is a total failure as a mod. At the time of that VC my V/LA had not quite started, but I was more rushed than usual because I wanted to pack, and go to sleep early to decrease the likelihood of missing my flight. That is a terrible nonexcuse.

Since it was a spare hammer and not a lynch hammer, it did not reveal Oversoul's alignment, so it was reversible. Oversoul actually was added to the spare PT, but was removed before he could view it.

The immense bulk of my guilt with the bad VC was that it was borne of interpreting Xayah's spare vote differently, which may have been influenced by knowledge of her alignment. May have - I actually had trouble with Oversoul and Wisdom the whole game, because I have some kind of words-synesthesia I guess. There was at least edit in the preview phase of a day 1 vote count where I had to correct unswapping Wisdom and Oversoul also (because I've played Pokémon enough to identify his avatar as a Whimsicott, and like 6/9 vowel and consonant sounds overlap or somesuch). So maybe I would have made the same mistake with Xayah as town.

No one in the game discussed moderator thought processes. It's possible someone used it to inform their read but refrained from repeating the line of thinking in thread because it is dirty pool, which would be sportsmanlike.

I told myself I would never mod again during the one or two days afterwards, but I've forgiven myself likely more than I should. I only really want to run Mini Themes, though, and coincidentally the faction unfairly harmed by gross negligence was being played by the Mini Theme list mod, so she may very will reject my /ins to the Mini Theme queue, in which case I will take off from modding for at least several months. I apologize to all slots in the game for the mistake again
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:29 am

Post by popsofctown »

wow post 1000 pagetop of infinite shame perfecto
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:31 am

Post by mastina »

Yo Oversoul you kinda gamethrew by killing me, because, uhh yeah…was never going to vote anyone other than Elements here. :P
Also kinda gamethrew by killing the people who scumread Elements the whole game, e.g. Nymph.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:33 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 1000, popsofctown wrote:I only really want to run Mini Themes, though, and coincidentally the faction unfairly harmed by gross negligence was being played by the Mini Theme list mod, so she may very will reject my /ins to the Mini Theme queue
Lmao don't be so hard on yourself. I've seen mod errors way way worse than that and people don't get punished unless there's a consistent pattern of negligence. You are a very good mod, everyone makes mistakes :]
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:38 am

Post by Ginngie »

Honestly I wouldn't call it a game throw

Literally everyone except for Chemist had the wool pulled over their eyes
Shoutout to PJ and Nahdia for making my amazing new avi :)

Following the previous dozen pages that cropped up in the last 10 hours I would like to congratulate Ginngie for being drunk with distinction. - Vi
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:40 am

Post by popsofctown »

I was immensely confused by the use of the scum-controlled deadline decision to spare mafia.
The correct play was definitely to fight a townie and treat that as the "bonus kill", rather than public cop someone from your own team as a cost to unlock a "bonus kill"
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:47 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 1005, popsofctown wrote:I was immensely confused by the use of the scum-controlled deadline decision to spare mafia.
The correct play was definitely to fight a townie and treat that as the "bonus kill", rather than public cop someone from your own team as a cost to unlock a "bonus kill"
That said, I come to this site for mountainous style social deduction games, not games that emphasize mechanics strategy. So the lack of reward for sparing mafia (= getting mafia townread) is a weakness in the setup I'd like to fix. I don't think I can run this neutral route again, it reinforced what I already believed about it : its EV is perfectly fine for both town and scum, but it has an unnatural relationship with the pacifist route and totally flipflops on the significance of the spare area. Nacho emphasized early on in this game that the spare room can be used to protect strong players and guarantee they participate in endgame, but clearly that's not the case if the game goes neutral - the mafia was able to ensure neither Ginngie nor Rakan participate further in the game.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:48 am

Post by popsofctown »

"definitely" is a strong word, there's no -proof- fighting is better since either Ginngie or Rakan would have to be permitted to participate in LyLo. But I view having twice as many possible deepwolves as powerful.
"Well, I..."
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:17 am

Post by mastina »

In post 1004, Ginngie wrote:Honestly I wouldn't call it a game throw

Literally everyone except for Chemist had the wool pulled over their eyes
Yeah, everyone except for Chemist had the wool pulled over their eyes; that's precisely why it was a gamethrow. :P
Everyone else was townreading Over soul, yet instead of bringing literally any of them to lylo and instead of night killing the only player with the correct read, they took the player with the correct read to lylo. :P

They could've, TWICE, spared Oversoul. Xayah could've hammered that spare on either D3 or D4, but did so neither day.

They could've not confscummed Xayah, and used the doublekill to kill me and one of the two townies from the spare PT. Yes, that'd leave whichever of Ginngie/Rakan alive and conftown that they didn't kill, but it'd leave both Chemist/Elements as not conftown, and leave both Xayah and Oversoul's alignments unknown.

Plus the night kill on what was a free mislynch, and all the night kills on all the people who had the worst reads.

Scum doing literally any other actions than what they did, would've won this game, but they basically did the gamethrowing move at every opportunity, including the night before lylo. :P

I think that in terms of day play, scum should've won due to both being so widely townread, but by making bad calls on where to vote/spare/kill, they handed the town the only condition where town could've won.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:35 am

Post by the worst »

In post 1000, popsofctown wrote:I told myself I would never mod again during the one or two days afterwards, but I've forgiven myself
This was an ambitious game to run. I can tell by your posts in the mod pt (which I couldn't keep up with completely - I'd need to sit down and really digest the setup) that you were passionate about running this well. The flavour, vcs, role PMs etc. were all really clean.

Errors happen, especially when you're less experienced. I'm glad you've forgiven yourself because I think you should.

Well modded pops. And well played both teams, grats town on the win! Great 3p!
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:47 am

Post by popsofctown »

Oh, yeah, there's a mod PT. It's not designed for public consumption, it has posts totally edited in over older posts when I know I don't need the old one and stuff that's uncorrected. But I might as well release it.

It doesn't have any sort of "ok N2 X sent me Y" this game is way too mountainous to need that.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:47 am

Post by popsofctown »

"Well, I..."
Chemist1422
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chesto berry

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:51 am

Post by Chemist1422 »

Incorrect VC had no effect on my read at all

I had actually forgotten it happened
GTKAS

“you're an empty-glass-but-there-might-be-INVISIBLE-Water kinda guy” -Iprobablysuck
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:03 am

Post by the worst »

from a design pov the mod pt shld be a very spicy read
--
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:04 am

Post by the worst »

we don't rule against angleshooting but I think we're generally ntb at not angleshooting tbh
--
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:11 am

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 33, popsofctown wrote:Uno, Dos, Tres, Cuatro, Cinco, and Seissy
Goddammit now I have pretty fly for a white guy stuck in my head :P
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Chemist1422
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chesto berry

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:12 am

Post by Chemist1422 »

In post 89, Ginngie wrote:5 bucks chemist votes Oversoul because MS loves to throw
:dabemoji:
GTKAS

“you're an empty-glass-but-there-might-be-INVISIBLE-Water kinda guy” -Iprobablysuck
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:12 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

I loved the setup. I loved the playerlist overall. The game itself was... questionable?

I think one of the major strengths of the setup is that it very highly rewards a town that is engaged in the beginning and it very highly rewards a town that coordinates well together. We didn't do that. In particular, feel the constant quickhammers obliterated the opportunity for either side to actually get on a roll and would heavily encourage everyone involved not to do something like that in general. It frustrates me in particular because it's disrespectful - to the person you're quickhammering, of course, but also to everyone else who might want to contribute, and it's incredibly pro-scum to cut off the discussion in the way that it happened - I wanted to post about my townread on Elements which possibly changes the flow of 3p LyLo, giving me more time to post means that there's a chance for me to town myself which means maybe I don't get lynched instead of killed, making Oversoul keep up in a decently paced game means that he doesn't get to lurk as much as he did here, etc.

I think the "double barrel idea" is a great one and also would make the neutral route a bit more interesting although I love the idea of the neutral route in general - seeing towns attempt to figure out whether they're getting better townreads or better scumreads and follow that route accordingly would be pretty interesting.

Pops, if you run a .3 please let me know - would love to play!
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Oversoul
Oversoul
Survivor
Oversoul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:24 am

Post by Oversoul »

I feel good enough about my play to say this is a win for me. Fun last scum game on site so I’m glad that everyone had a good outcome. :D
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:25 am

Post by Ginngie »

you were a pleasure to play with

Following the previous dozen pages that cropped up in the last 10 hours I would like to congratulate Ginngie for being drunk with distinction. - Vi
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:26 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 1013, the worst wrote:from a design pov the mod pt shld be a very spicy read
Oh yeah there are a bunch of rejected redesigns in the mod PT.
First time I just made the dead players suffer but this time I hid it in the mod PT.
"Well, I..."
Ginngie
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Ginngie
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:28 am

Post by Ginngie »

In post 194, Ginngie wrote:
In post 192, Xayah wrote:
In post 190, Ginngie wrote:
In post 187, Xayah wrote:No, if you explained I wouldn't be scumreading you about your actions even if I didn't care about the explanation itself.
It's about the effort and transparency of thought heehee
Someone gets it!
yo you wanna join me on a Soul wagon
reading my ISO to review and I think this is hilarious given hindsight

popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:28 am

Post by popsofctown »

If I run Undertale again it will be a 2.0 as I don't think I can use this neutral route again. It will go to Double Barrel or something else.
"Well, I..."
Chemist1422
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chesto berry

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:31 am

Post by Chemist1422 »

In post 1018, Oversoul wrote:I feel good enough about my play to say this is a win for me. Fun last scum game on site so I’m glad that everyone had a good outcome. :D
:c
GTKAS

volxen
volxen
Mafia Scum
volxen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1024 (ISO) » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:40 am

Post by volxen »

Damn Oversoul, nice job with the deepwolfing! I only briefly skimmed portions of this game but I thought that you were likely town and that Elements was likely scum -- some of Element's posts felt similar to his posts from Undertale 1. It seems like Elements and I may have tainted the Pacifist route from the first game -- everyone in this game seemed really opposed to following the Pacifist route. I still think that it's a good path to try and follow as town as long as there are enough strong townreads still alive and if you can delay sparing the PR to day 3, and spare strong townreads on days 1, 2, and 4.

Pops I hope that you are planning to run this setup again, as I still need to play this setup as town (preferably as the PR :wink:).
"i agree it was a good that we outed PR volxen early..it's like he suddenly transformed from an ugly duckling into a beautiful(?) swan " - xwing (Newbie 1889: Ice Cream)

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”