Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2451 (ISO) » Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:09 pm

Post by Menalque »

Err because scum has significant incentive to end day early before conf!town could give their final reads, especially when conf!town had just been asked after?
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2452 (ISO) » Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:09 pm

Post by Menalque »

Actually this does remind me that I should look at where Luca had the rest of you
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2453 (ISO) » Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:10 pm

Post by Menalque »

Okay so he didn’t like Dave the most (aside from me who he also didn’t like that much)
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #2454 (ISO) » Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:02 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 2422, davesaz wrote:This is quite the quandry.

I had trouble with Hectic's reaction to Dolly's (lack of) reaction to the protective soft. The way I remember it he seemed kinda wishy-washy on the lack of reaction, but also unwilling to either confirm or deny the soft. But then still willing to follow through with the lynch. I kinda agreed that Dolly's claimed targets were pretty oddball and the kind of things that scum would say to keep a fakeclaim alive. On the flip side of that, I tend to think err on the side of caution when working with a claimed doc, the scum kinda need to kill it eventually anyway. Don't know if this is scum squeezing through a lynch on the doc, or just town who doesn't take the same cautious approach that I do with claimed PRs.

Menalque has been doing a lot of pushing on stuff that has turned out to be wrong. Is that just town being wrong, or highly successful manipulation? I have a blind spot for scum who act really town and it has a tendency to lead to thrown games. :( I'd have to re-read a bunch of stuff to find out.

Dunn pushed so hard (relative to Dunn in general) on there being too many protectives but I don't remember if he just paid it lip service or if he acted on that push. If he really thought there were too many then he should have been there trying to get one of the claims lynched. It could be a fake protest though, the logic he was using to say too many protectives was suspect at best -- not all of them are active at once and with a half vig in play town benefits from an extra half protective. It's a nice cozy rocking chair in any case, I could totally see this as being scum.

Reundo has seemed quite reasonable pretty much all the time, but I'd need to re-read to see if it's an active reasonable or passive.
I was pushing dolly before she claimed a protective
Her claim was nonsensical, and she let the town power role die. She needed to go. I don't like your analysis here, it doesn't feel real
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2455 (ISO) » Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:29 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 1158, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1155, Hectic wrote:Wake's scummier here.
In post 1131, Tea wrote:
In post 1062, Wake1 wrote:
In post 1060, Dolly Parton wrote:a guilty.
ARE YOU SUICIDAL?

I'M TOWN.
I dunno this feels overreacty

As town id be like "ok wtf" and let it sit for a while and hope they go "sike"
Also this feels more like scum overreacting and trying to look like an enraged townie.
His first though is Dolly is a suicidal townie rather than the fact she could be scum?
To be fair, he never said "suicidal townie"
In post 1167, Dunnstral wrote:Dolly and Wake are both doing the scum thing where they care much less about what's going on when someone else is being wagoned, and start making filler/troll posts instead of pushing the wagon they apparently believe in
In post 1192, Dunnstral wrote:Let's go back to my original point.
In post 1167, Dunnstral wrote:Dolly and Wake are both doing the scum thing where they care much less about what's going on when someone else is being wagoned, and start making filler/troll posts instead of pushing the wagon they apparently believe in
I'm saying you are scummy because you're basically coasting with a vote on Luca, and that you seem to be posting for the sake of posting rather than pushing the wagon because you're comfy with what's going on right now

That's why I'm asking you to point out posts that are, in your opinion, you pushing this wagon
Dolly Parton wrote:
In post 1185, Dunnstral wrote:If you want that to be a credible threat, you should show evidence of yourself pushing the current wagon you are voting, like I've asked you to do twice now
I'm not threatening you. I'm not delusional, I know for sure that I don't have the pull in town that you seem to think I think I do.
I'm not sure what the purpose of the questions you keep coming up with are, then. What information were you trying to get out of 1181?

You seem to be asking me if I want to be lynched, my answer is no.
I see you tossing something out there, but not voting it until after several other people expand on it.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2456 (ISO) » Mon Dec 30, 2019 5:31 pm

Post by davesaz »

And those quotes don't illustrate that specific point. I started +quote the ones that mention dolly from the beginning.
It is kinda interesting though, the first one I could find was that 1158. It took you that long to notice a player?
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #2457 (ISO) » Mon Dec 30, 2019 9:41 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

I don't understand what 2455 is supposed to show.

Dolly replaced in for Vorkuta, I don't think it took me especially long to "notice" them
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2458 (ISO) » Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:28 am

Post by Menalque »

I think I agree that Dunn is the most likely to be scum here
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2459 (ISO) » Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:28 am

Post by Menalque »

In post 2446, Menalque wrote:Do you think Dunn/reundo is possible @dave?
Reundo
Reundo
he/him
Goon
Reundo
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2460 (ISO) » Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:32 am

Post by Reundo »

In post 2435, Hectic wrote:
In post 2427, Reundo wrote:So coming into today I thought the team was likely davesaz/Dunn but that's a little mmmm considering davesaz's now pushing Dunn apparently, but on the other hand I don't think it's a very convincing push either. I think it's a bit more likely dave would push on Hectic if that was the team but I don't think a bus is entirely implausible either considering Hectic also threw that team out earlier. Actually, I think it's a bit weird dave didn't mention Hectic's hammer at all in his read of him considering that's literally the only thing that was talked about today, but I'm doubting they're a team together. I'm leaning towards dave/Dunn atm, but I'd need to re-read the game again later. It's either that or Hectic/Dunn, and maybe it could be dave/Mena too but I'm thinking Mena's probably town.
Could I hear your reasons for the Dunnst scumread?
The only
real push
I've seen which would be hard to justify changing thus far is Mene's push on me, due to the confidence he's presented it with. Everything else could easily be bussing, since it's easy to reconsider or slightly change reads at this stage.
At the time, the Dunn scum-read was mostly POE, and I couldn't remember anything he did that he couldn't fake as town. After reading through the game some more, I don't think the slot was as bad as I remembered. I think he's been fairly engaged with the game considering his activity level and I found myself agreeing with a lot of the points he made, so his scum-hunting seemed fairly genuine as well. There are a few things I'm concerned about, like him tunneling on Dolly, though I don't think it was unjustified. Also found his entrance today pretty odd. I agree in the sense that dave's analysis seems fairly contrived, but for that to be the only thing he's commented on is concerning.
Reundo
Reundo
he/him
Goon
Reundo
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2461 (ISO) » Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:35 am

Post by Reundo »

In post 2441, Hectic wrote: You need to reconsider your read on Mene, Reundo. Are you only townreading him because of his push on Norwee?
In post 2445, davesaz wrote:@reundo, I think Hectic and Menalque aren't likely to be scum together, and you're a townread. It follows that Dunn is scum by POE. Given a choice between a 50/50 where I'm unsure which is scum and which is town vs someone who is just scum, I'd prefer the simple case. Do you have good reason to think that Hectic and Menalque are both scum? Or at least sure enough that you think it's better to go for one of them first? There is more to Dunn as well but again taking a drive to visit the snow rn.
Will get to these + other thoughts when I can properly post again, which will likely be tomorrow considering I'm getting home pretty late tonight.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #2462 (ISO) » Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:49 pm

Post by Hectic »

In post 2451, Menalque wrote:Err because scum has significant incentive to end day early before conf!town could give their final reads, especially when conf!town had just been asked after?
But if I was aware of the fact that I was cutting of conf!town's final reads, I would also be aware that my hammer would be perceived as scummy. And making myself more scummy for that reason is really not worth it.

What's more likely is that regardless of my alignment is that I didn't realise the hammer would be perceived as scummy and that I was cutting of Luca's final reads.

The hammer is completely NAI. I wouldn't do it as scum to draw all this attention, I'd only do it as scum if I didn't realise that fact, and the same is true for if I'm town. It could even be argued that it's slightly town-indicative because scum would be more careful at not drawing that sort of negative attention like that, and would be more likely to realise hammering was a mistake and anti-town.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #2463 (ISO) » Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:55 pm

Post by Hectic »

It's confusing that both Dave and Mene are okay with lynching Dunn now. It supports my Dave + Mene theory but bussing is a massive possibility at this stage so I'm not going to let myself be too confused by this. Ruendo, I might just sheep your vote because I'm genuinely terrible at this kinda situation. I know this looks scummy but I have a bad track record and I like Reundo enough to do this.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #2464 (ISO) » Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:56 pm

Post by Hectic »

In post 2458, Menalque wrote:I think I agree that Dunn is the most likely to be scum here
What happened to voting for me 90% of the time? Why is Dunnstra most likely now?
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2465 (ISO) » Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:08 pm

Post by Menalque »

In post 2464, Hectic wrote:
In post 2458, Menalque wrote:I think I agree that Dunn is the most likely to be scum here
What happened to voting for me 90% of the time? Why is Dunnstra most likely now?
Because unless it’s exactly Dave + reundo I think its dunn

Him doing nothing all game is prob scum indicative for him
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2466 (ISO) » Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:09 pm

Post by Menalque »

I marabout it’s also probably stilll I but happy to go with the two people I think are town and do dunn first then sort you more definitively tomorrow
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2467 (ISO) » Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:09 pm

Post by Menalque »

ESP bc if there’s an obvscum they should actually die girst
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #2468 (ISO) » Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:57 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 2465, Menalque wrote:Him doing nothing all game is prob scum indicative for him
Based on what?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #2469 (ISO) » Tue Dec 31, 2019 5:59 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

I'm voting menalque and davesaz
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2470 (ISO) » Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:04 pm

Post by Menalque »

In post 2468, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 2465, Menalque wrote:Him doing nothing all game is prob scum indicative for him
Based on what?
Ur iso
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2471 (ISO) » Tue Dec 31, 2019 6:05 pm

Post by Menalque »

I wonder if scum goes for the win here or tried to create a false dichotomy
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2472 (ISO) » Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:45 am

Post by PenguinPower »

Happy New Year!
my head hurts...
<(") | (")>
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #2473 (ISO) » Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:55 am

Post by Hectic »

I really want to vote Mene. Waiting on you, Reundo.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #2474 (ISO) » Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:47 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 2471, Menalque wrote:I wonder if scum goes for the win here or tried to create a false dichotomy
Also, I really dislike this post.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”