Mini 2106 - Magia Record Fate Weave Semi-U-Pick (OVER!)

Torque
Torque
Mafia Scum
Torque
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3125 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:00 am

Post by Torque »

@pops

that post was something that probably should have been a PM but uh

From the perspective of someone that designed it

Theres some differences between roles i made and roles tatsuya made, some of mine were somewhat moonlogicky and tatsuya made them close to what they did in the game. For example Kako natsume had nothing to do with being a parity cop in magia record, so if you wanted to claim any ability along with your real flavour.. i wouldnt think is that much of an issue, in terms of matching ability to flavour
We did offer the option for the wolves to provide us any abilities they want, and we’ll make a fakeclaim based on that. Maybe we should have decided that at the beginning of the game and told you guys so uh, thats an oopsie there
There is an issue that favoured town, that it is an oversaturated setup, meaning any fakeclaim are more likely to run into a similar town role and be counterclaimed. And we’ll try to have less things tacked in in future games
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #3126 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:01 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Yeah
I definitely think the issues you have with this game are rather confined to this game, TK is a decent mod generally
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Bitmap
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3127 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:17 am

Post by Bitmap »

pops could of claimed jailkeeper imo.

Also I still don't understand why Sala claimed rolecop early.
"I give up on trying to read you. You're unimaginably scummy, with a dose of ultra-Town thrown in for spice."
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3128 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:28 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 3127, Bitmap wrote:pops could of claimed jailkeeper imo.

That was both our faults.

We fell for RC’s parity Cop claim hard.
Tatsuya Kaname
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3129 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:32 am

Post by Tatsuya Kaname »

@pops Thanks for the comment and I am truly sorry that this game made you feel unfun.

We should have made scum more flexible to the setup, maybe providing real safeclaims and stuff right at the start of the game instead of verbally tell them some time in Day 2. (I generally do not give safeclaims from game start, but seeing the outcome of this game I think I'll have to reconsider about my modding principles, but if not, I'll let scum know about generating fakeclaims as soon as game start).

Also, the Status Aliment mechanics is a bit problematic. We should have either pointed out all the possible Status Aliments and effects (including red herrings as necessary), let it as is but no providing the victim the description or at least made the fact that there are some available and Town and Scum may be able to give the same ones.

That's the gameplay side now on to the real setup side.
I had a very different approach for this game setup than all Anime U-Picks I've ever done.
Rather than creating setup based moonlogickly on the flavor and lore text (which is the case in almost every other theme games), I decided to design roles based too heavily on the actual "gameplay data". Which results in 1) duplicates of power between players and somehow both scum and town and 2) becoming way too easy to figure out the powers.

I am sorry if this setup becomes unfun for you and I take all the responsibility for this. I promise to be more careful about the setup in future games (which probably will be regular Anime U-Pick or a Closed game I'm still working on. Unless there really is demand for F/GO, or any other Gacha Semi-U-Pick then I promise that I'll be more loose on the flavor).
Embark the journey to life-changing fortune in Para{dice} Trinity: The Quest for Spirits' Fortune, a luck-based casual arcade Mish Mash game by Tatsuya Kaname!

Yes. Making too many hoods is moderator suicide. -Enter
I want to shoot this post in the face with a flamethrower. - zakk
Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3130 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:36 am

Post by Salamence20 »

In post 3127, Bitmap wrote:pops could of claimed jailkeeper imo.

I explain it in the dead PT.

I bit the bait
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3131 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:45 am

Post by Farkran »

Eh... that's what i meant back in d1 when i said bullshit claiming was good to advance the gamestate. You (@scum) probably needed to adapt.

I see the point about pops' roleblocking abilities and it's true that it would have funneled her claim, but that also had a lot to do with dayplay (once again agreed on that) and lack of some creativity. Claiming early, whether by choice (salamence) or by force (pops) hindered your ability to make up proper bullshit. Losing the rolecop in d2 also limited your fakeclaim efficiency greatly, but otherwise you would probably have been able to claim more plausible and fitting stuff, without going out of your way to change flavors.

I know it's easy to talk after the game is over, so i'm not taking an hard stance on this argument, i just believe that the setup wasn't so exaggeratedly damning for the scum roles and flavors. Of course there is ample room for improvement, but that is true for the setup as well as for the players playing it
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #3132 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:09 am

Post by popsofctown »

I will point out there's a difference between me being mad-mad that I lost a winnable game because of a modding imperfection, versus a sort of hypothetically mad where the dayplay went so strongly it is actually moot, but I am really concerned about what do-overs could look like.

It's definitely not the worst thing ever.

When I saw more willingness from the mods about fakeclaim assistance I was pretty confused because it hadn't been offered initially and I had touched on the topic enough that I thought it would have already been offered if it was available.

I would maybe play another TK game if he'd make changes; I'm not used to seeing a closed setup mod admitting to a millimeter of fault ever.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #3133 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:10 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

Btw your collective reactions to the parity cop clinched the team read for me

I think that fakeclaim actually did so much for town
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3134 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:12 am

Post by popsofctown »

I don't really like to criticize things in PMs because then I can't be monitored in a case where maybe I need it.

Exhibit A : RC being super cranky in the dead PTs and stopping because bystanders kept telling him he needed to tone it down.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3135 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:24 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 3134, popsofctown wrote:I don't really like to criticize things in PMs because then I can't be monitored in a case where maybe I need it.

Exhibit A : RC being super cranky in the dead PTs and stopping because bystanders kept telling him he needed to tone it down.
I'd really love to read that. Who do i bribe to send the whole dead pt to me via pm?

Kerset come on i promise i won't prevent your victory the next time we're in a game on the same team
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3136 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:24 am

Post by Salamence20 »

I said this in dead PT that I hard-defended pops due to my claim. Had I not fucked up Pops would have been bussed alot earlier. I had to counterwagon because I thought pops role was important for scum and I was a vigshot/lynch D2. I dont blame pops for giving up after being hardtunneled because Ive been there and arguing against it burns you out and potentially harms the gamestate. I will say her random shitposting did make it harder to push against her, but oh well.

I also wasnt going to kill RC N1, because a bitmap kill does nothing for me and we had a strongman N2. Evenstar was the best kill, hoping RC would get Kerset D2 and then kill him.

I want a Farkran rematch someday. Fuck STUN so fucking much.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3138 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:49 am

Post by popsofctown »

I want to roll town against Evenstar scum
"Well, I..."
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3139 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:52 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 3132, popsofctown wrote:I will point out there's a difference between me being mad-mad that I lost a winnable game because of a modding imperfection, versus a sort of hypothetically mad where the dayplay went so strongly it is actually moot, but I am really concerned about what do-overs could look like.

It's definitely not the worst thing ever.

When I saw more willingness from the mods about fakeclaim assistance I was pretty confused because it hadn't been offered initially and I had touched on the topic enough that I thought it would have already been offered if it was available.

I would maybe play another TK game if he'd make changes; I'm not used to seeing a closed setup mod admitting to a millimeter of fault ever.
Btw was the Fark+Kerset hood the reason y’all were clearing
Because if so YOU SHOULD HAVE MENTIONED THAT AT SOME POINT.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3140 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:53 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

That was a misquote
<Embrace The Void>

Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3141 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:57 am

Post by Salamence20 »

H O M U R A / D I D / N O T H I N G / W R O N G
Spoiler:
Thanks Mami?
Bitmap
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3142 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:50 am

Post by Bitmap »

I really wanted to read RC salt. :(
"I give up on trying to read you. You're unimaginably scummy, with a dose of ultra-Town thrown in for spice."
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #3143 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:19 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 3098, Farkran wrote:
In post 3086, Kerset wrote:Fark you carried this game.
:oops:

You're probably the only one thinking that way, but i'm happy that you believe it regardless. RC had a HUGE part in winning this game, i'm respecting that. Also TL almost screwed up in d1 and d3 but ultimately his neighborizing choices have won this game, there's no question about that.

@pops, if you're interested in post-game, next time you should pocket me hard :shifty: i would probably have fallen for it. Your push on me was a lightning out of the blue, i know why you did it and i have to thank RC for saving my ass there, but... yeah, i would probably have defended you if you tried a pocketing strategy. I have a weak heart.
Yeah, me too. I’m extremely good at seeing through scum pushes and relatively bad at seeing through scum pockets.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3144 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:40 am

Post by Farkran »

I just finished reading all PTs!

Lots of fun in there, i also wanted to read RC but the redacted stuff leaks rage and madness all over the place so it's kinda ok anyways, heh

I actually like RC playstyle though, as far as i am concerned (only played this once with him) his policy lynch strategy is not birth out of the blue, it has a solid foundation. It's born out of experience of how scum usually play, and until scum adapt to it, it's guaranteed to have >rand chance to be an efficient solving strategy. Some town will be salty about being mislynched but ultimately they're getting carried to victory most of the times so they shouldn't be mad at the town leader unless the town leaders are incompetent, which RC is clearly not.

I thank everyone who gave some credit to me, i don't think i did bad in this game. Counterclaiming stun was a no-brainer once you have access to how it works, so my read of salamence was bad: i thought he was likely dumbtown up to d1 end, then a misclaim happened and it was obvscum, but it's not dependant on my abilities to read him. That being said, i believe i read pops correctly as soon as she started pushing me, i would have lynched there regardless of the counterclaim and in fact my determination to see her flip didn't flinch during the second part of d1. My read on alchemist was also mixedly bad, but that has been influenced a lot by setup shenanigans (charm, etc), up to the point that i forwent the social deduction part of the game and used only mechanical PoEing. It still brought us good results so i don't think i took any particularly bad decision, even if i led a mislynch on gamma.

I am satisfied of how i read V&M correctly by instantly townlocking her after our exchange - in the face of everyone who says i just omgus people who vote me :lol:

I need to refine my ability to cooperate with Evenstar though, our interactions were as bad as TvT could possibly get. I don't think it's either one's fault, just a matter of lack of experience together. This is probably true for pops too, even though we were on opposite teams in this game i feel that in a game where we are both town there will be significant paranoia friction between us - this can improve over time.

Oh, also kerset. I'll never say enough times how much i like being in team with kerset. The synergy is absurdly high, but it's not limited to that - i had tons of fun speaking to him for the whole game as long as he was alive, both in the main thread and the neighborhood PT. I had a similar experience with The Worst as a scum partner (hi TW! <3), but since me and Kerset also share a similar experience level (TW instead is a veteran) it was possibly even more satisfactory.

About everyone else, i think there's nothing particularly relevant that stands out that i didn't already talk about. Sujimichi and Alchemist are very interesting players i'd like to know more. Didn't interact enough with Chemist and Gamma, we'll see next time. Not sure if i will ever get eye to eye with bitmap and TL, our playstyles are so vastly different that we'll probably scumread each other every single time and then make it a competition on who was the worse player - in this game we managed to cooperate because we were almost conftown due to our powers and claims, but in any different context we would probably have made a mess. Doesn't mean that they are inherently bad or unpleasant guys to me, i just feel we have incompatible mindsets and approaches to FM. This may also improve over time if we get to play together again.
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3145 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:48 am

Post by popsofctown »

I wanna play with Farkran again

Probably the main reason I /inned this one
"Well, I..."
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3146 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:51 am

Post by Farkran »

I will always be happy to play with you, pops <3 right now i'm taking a break on my signups to recharge myself before TM starts though, i need to produce the best tryhard display of all times there. And probably screw up big time, carry my teammates to the bottom side of the final rankings, and whine over it daily
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #3147 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:04 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 3142, Bitmap wrote:I really wanted to read RC salt. :(
Too much salt leads to heart attacks. :P
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #3148 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:31 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 3142, Bitmap wrote:I really wanted to read RC salt. :(
Subject: Mini 2106 - Mitama's Fate Weave Circle (Mod/Spoilers Thread)
Nancy Drew 39 wrote:
In post 57, RadiantCowbells wrote:[redacted]
+1

Yeah, bleeding obvtown. @RC, please calm down. You can scream at Bit post-game.
Does this help? :lol:
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #3149 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:36 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 3122, Salamence20 wrote:
In post 3119, Farkran wrote:I guess my curiosity about PTs will never be satisfied :(

It's ok, you will be able to enjoy the neighborhood with me and kerset in though
Dead PTs werent really anything important besides me crying, Nancy being all salty about being misvigged, and RC being RC.

Mafia PT lots of whining and 3p spec.

I will also add that mafia needed fakeclaims because the debuffs did look scummy and Alchemist couldnt even claim.
I really wasn’t being super salty. If you seriously think that, you really need to read the spoiler dead thread for Vengeful Ghosts or whatever it was called. I had multiple posts redacted in that, :lol:
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”