Mini 2106 - Magia Record Fate Weave Semi-U-Pick (OVER!)

Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3100 (ISO) » Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:37 pm

Post by Farkran »

In post 3096, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 3093, Tatsuya Kaname wrote:If you are offended for having a useless role, I apologize. When we design setup, our approach is throwing ideas around and then compile it into a setup, rebalancing as necessary. Not all roles are going to be powerful so it's just bad luck.

But to make it a bit more fair, next time I'll roll to scale power levels to each town members.
It’s not that my role is useless exactly
It’s just there’s no solid town reason to use it
If I’d been scum I would have been WAY LESS salty about it.
Eh... this is probably true. Sorry gamma for mislynching you.
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Kerset
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/she

Post Post #3101 (ISO) » Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:41 pm

Post by Kerset »

In post 3098, Farkran wrote:
In post 3086, Kerset wrote:Fark you carried this game.
:oops:

You're probably the only one thinking that way, but i'm happy that you believe it regardless. RC had a HUGE part in winning this game, i'm respecting that.
Would I get banned for paraphrasing, what RC said about fark?
giv me pagetop :(
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #3102 (ISO) » Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:54 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 3057, Tatsuya Kaname wrote:Also everyone please applaud for yourself, this is the first game I had without replacements!
That probably has a lot to do with the game design, so applaud yourself too.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Tatsuya Kaname
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Tatsuya Kaname
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3103 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:05 am

Post by Tatsuya Kaname »

In post 3095, Kerset wrote:Tatsuya did you except that nobody will use their doppel? It seems that people didn't even try to collect MP for it.
I made a player become able to boost up other players' MP to try to compensate this, but yeah, Doppels are being quite next to impossible to do, even in-game. Some players are physically imposible to acheive Doppel with their disc pool, even with any sorts of boost (I'm talking to you, TemporalLich) but I still want to try to be true to the data so I just throw in some crazy ideas.

Maybe I should have allow more of boosting MP to accelerate Doppel usages, but it could have made the game even more swingy than it had been.
Embark the journey to life-changing fortune in Para{dice} Trinity: The Quest for Spirits' Fortune, a luck-based casual arcade Mish Mash game by Tatsuya Kaname!

Yes. Making too many hoods is moderator suicide. -Enter
I want to shoot this post in the face with a flamethrower. - zakk
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #3104 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:26 am

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 3061, Bitmap wrote:Also, I want to nom RC for Paragon. Probably tomorrow cause I'm tired.
+1

Yep, he had perfect reads. He had all 3 scum figured out.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3105 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:54 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 3101, Kerset wrote:

You're probably the only one thinking that way, but i'm happy that you believe it regardless. RC had a HUGE part in winning this game, i'm respecting that.
Would I get banned for paraphrasing, what RC said about fark?
Just tell me in private so nobody will know :shifty:. I can shoulder any insult he threw at me, don't be afraid of hurting my self-esteem. My ego knows no bounds
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Chemist1422
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chesto berry

Post Post #3106 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:25 am

Post by Chemist1422 »

hey nice I only mostly sucked
GTKAS

“you're an empty-glass-but-there-might-be-INVISIBLE-Water kinda guy” -Iprobablysuck
Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3107 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:39 am

Post by Salamence20 »

In post 3082, Farkran wrote:
In post 3048, RadiantCowbells wrote:Can you literally delete all my posts from all dead pts
I wanted to read them :(
No you dont.

In post 3084, Farkran wrote:By the way i'm taking pride in having been targeted by alchemist twice with his fog/poison stuff

Pedit: we did gamma and alch though, we weren't that much out off
I think the role was kinda useless so i wouldnt celebrate
Helps when scum made him conftown D1 and D2 and still almost fumbled it
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3108 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:42 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 3107, Salamence20 wrote:
In post 3082, Farkran wrote:
In post 3048, RadiantCowbells wrote:Can you literally delete all my posts from all dead pts
I wanted to read them :(
No you dont.

In post 3084, Farkran wrote:By the way i'm taking pride in having been targeted by alchemist twice with his fog/poison stuff

Pedit: we did gamma and alch though, we weren't that much out off
I think the role was kinda useless so i wouldnt celebrate
Helps when scum made him conftown D1 and D2 and still almost fumbled it
This ALMOST sounds like you were salty but i'm fairly sure i'm wrong
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3109 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:45 am

Post by Salamence20 »

You played well.
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3110 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:57 am

Post by Farkran »

I do want to read the dead chat though, it's not like i care about criticism in a game where we only mislynched once and won at d4 start like it was a 9p setup
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Sujimichi
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Sujimichi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3111 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:08 am

Post by Sujimichi »

Good game to all. This was fun.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #3112 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:10 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 3100, Farkran wrote:
In post 3096, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 3093, Tatsuya Kaname wrote:If you are offended for having a useless role, I apologize. When we design setup, our approach is throwing ideas around and then compile it into a setup, rebalancing as necessary. Not all roles are going to be powerful so it's just bad luck.

But to make it a bit more fair, next time I'll roll to scale power levels to each town members.
It’s not that my role is useless exactly
It’s just there’s no solid town reason to use it
If I’d been scum I would have been WAY LESS salty about it.
Eh... this is probably true. Sorry gamma for mislynching you.
Thanks for that man
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #3113 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:10 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

(The apology FYI not the lynch lol)
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #3114 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:43 am

Post by popsofctown »

Scum lost the dayplay, town would win pretty much any mini theme setup the way the dayplay was setup.

That said, although it creates twice as much frustration as disadvantage, making the flavor of abilities closely parallel what they mechanically do AND refusing the provide flavor safeclaims was incredibly dumb. RC said I claimed bodyguard because I thought it was a good fakeclaim. In the tiebreaker against other things I thought I could believably claim for Sayaka Miki, yes it was, but actually I mostly had to claim an ability that would match whatever Sayaka Miki actually does, because Sayaka Miki was the only unit I could find that had the same 5 discs as my real character, who had a 4 star rarity which reduced the chance of getting flavor counterclaimed, but still didn't eliminate it. True flavorclaiming was impossible because the victim of my ability basically would get informed my flavorclaim, they'd get the "bewitched" effect, then be informed what it does, and after being informed what it does would probably say "yeah only scum ever gets this ability."

I've never seen a moderator run a theme and be willing to box the scum in like this, other moderators have always had some mix of: willing to provide flavor safeclaims, wide pool of possible flavor, flavor only has moonlogic connection to the role's abilities, or yknow the really common one, "roleblocking someone doesn't result in a PM saying "the person with the Flavor of X performed a roleblock on you btw".

The moderator was really good on votecounts and flip flavor and a lot other elements of the setup but I don't see eye to eye with him on this and would never join any game he mods ever again.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3115 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:45 am

Post by popsofctown »

You're probably the only one thinking that way, but i'm happy that you believe it regardless. RC had a HUGE part in winning this game, i'm respecting that. Also TL almost screwed up in d1 and d3 but ultimately his neighborizing choices have won this game, there's no question about that.

@pops, if you're interested in post-game, next time you should pocket me hard :shifty: i would probably have fallen for it. Your push on me was a lightning out of the blue, i know why you did it and i have to thank RC for saving my ass there, but... yeah, i would probably have defended you if you tried a pocketing strategy. I have a weak heart.
I don't like to use pocketing strategies when I play scum. I'm not very good at scum and maybe I'd be a better scum player if I did but mostly I try to mimic my towngame
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3116 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:48 am

Post by popsofctown »

I want the scum PT either unreleased or some time to make redactions or just like all my posts redacted

I was cranky in the scum PT
"Well, I..."
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3117 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:02 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 3114, popsofctown wrote:snip about the setup
I can agree to your analysis but why didn't you just claim your true flavor, i.e. emiri kisaki? She was tied to a bewitching ability but that's not inherently scummy. I was a stunner/poisoner/bewitcher and we had another roleblocker in kerset's charm.

Or you could make up some other bullshitty ability like bewitching on vote, aimed bewitch on magia working on scum only, etc. I think that the key to exploit this setup was that you could freely claim any shitlike idea that your imagination gave birth to. Everyone was a power role, they were fairly distant to their standard mafia counterparts, and there was plenty of variance to all abilities - this should have allowed some safe creative claims like the one Kerset used to bait the NK.

I have no experience with other theme/flavor-based games, so my opinion is only relevant to this specific game.
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3118 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:06 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 3115, popsofctown wrote:

You're probably the only one thinking that way, but i'm happy that you believe it regardless. RC had a HUGE part in winning this game, i'm respecting that. Also TL almost screwed up in d1 and d3 but ultimately his neighborizing choices have won this game, there's no question about that.

@pops, if you're interested in post-game, next time you should pocket me hard :shifty: i would probably have fallen for it. Your push on me was a lightning out of the blue, i know why you did it and i have to thank RC for saving my ass there, but... yeah, i would probably have defended you if you tried a pocketing strategy. I have a weak heart.
I don't like to use pocketing strategies when I play scum. I'm not very good at scum and maybe I'd be a better scum player if I did but mostly I try to mimic my towngame
I see... uhm, i think you could easily pocket specific players without effort in certain situations, myself included. Do with this what you will, i still <3 you
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3119 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:07 am

Post by Farkran »

I guess my curiosity about PTs will never be satisfied :(

It's ok, you will be able to enjoy the neighborhood with me and kerset in though
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Kerset
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Kerset
he/she
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/she

Post Post #3120 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:22 am

Post by Kerset »

Keep in mind that if I would reveal my role on D1, I would get instantly lynched.
giv me pagetop :(
Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3121 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:28 am

Post by Salamence20 »

In post 3116, popsofctown wrote:I want the scum PT either unreleased or some time to make redactions or just like all my posts redacted

I was cranky in the scum PT
I saved you the time and just said to not out it.

Its a toxic shithole
Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3122 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:32 am

Post by Salamence20 »

In post 3119, Farkran wrote:I guess my curiosity about PTs will never be satisfied :(

It's ok, you will be able to enjoy the neighborhood with me and kerset in though
Dead PTs werent really anything important besides me crying, Nancy being all salty about being misvigged, and RC being RC.

Mafia PT lots of whining and 3p spec.

I will also add that mafia needed fakeclaims because the debuffs did look scummy and Alchemist couldnt even claim.
Salamence20
Salamence20
Survivor
Salamence20
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3123 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:33 am

Post by Salamence20 »

Also now that I think of it...

WHERE
THE
FUCK
DID
SHIRO
GO????????
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3124 (ISO) » Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:50 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 3117, Farkran wrote:
In post 3114, popsofctown wrote:snip about the setup
I can agree to your analysis but why didn't you just claim your true flavor, i.e. emiri kisaki? She was tied to a bewitching ability but that's not inherently scummy. I was a stunner/poisoner/bewitcher and we had another roleblocker in kerset's charm.

Or you could make up some other bullshitty ability like bewitching on vote, aimed bewitch on magia working on scum only, etc. I think that the key to exploit this setup was that you could freely claim any shitlike idea that your imagination gave birth to. Everyone was a power role, they were fairly distant to their standard mafia counterparts, and there was plenty of variance to all abilities - this should have allowed some safe creative claims like the one Kerset used to bait the NK.

I have no experience with other theme/flavor-based games, so my opinion is only relevant to this specific game.
Bewitching is a roleblocking role and yes that's inherently scummy. It's a role that mods tend to give to scum more often than town, even if they give the role to both scum and town.
Bewitching is an extra scummy roleblocking role because of the mana sap, which creates long term damage on the player you targeted. This design makes more sense for scum than town, a scum wouldn't ever change their mind about whether a player is on the opposing team, but town would.

If I flavor trueclaimed, the roleblock also becomes a public action. Every person I roleblock, they can claim I roleblocked them, so then for the rest of the whole game I'd have to roleblock people I was claiming to scumread in the thread, instead of roleblocking people I think have good reads. That's pretty rough. As a scum roleblocker you don't really want to be in a position where someone can post in thread "I'm going to cop popsofctown tonight" and roleblocking that player is public and becomes a scumclaim.

It's maybe the correct play to claim roleblocker, people trueclaim as scum roleblocker all the time. I bet mafia goons claim town roleblocker occasionally, even. I'm upset with the flavor railroading and funneling what's available to claim, though.
"Well, I..."

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”