Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #2126 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:17 am

Post by Creature »

In post 2124, Rabid Schnauzer wrote:Wow, the normal reviewers should be replaced. Most town-sided game I've seen. I'd be super pissed if I were scum. Big waste of time for them.
Not as bad as the two full town BPs setup I once had to face.

Also scum could have killed the key PRs or WIFOMedd Elsa into roleblocking the investigative PRs.
Sigh
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2127 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:20 am

Post by Dunnstral »

I liked the flavor
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2128 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:24 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2126, Creature wrote:Also scum could have killed the key PRs or WIFOMedd Elsa into roleblocking the investigative PRs.
u sure are trying to defend this setup.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion
Pronoun: He or She. Idc.

Post Post #2129 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:26 am

Post by Elsa Jay »

In post 2123, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1405, Elsa Jay wrote:Targetted mister wake to save his ass, but he didn't even use it.
I suspected you for this when I saw it, not your targeting but that you were claiming it to be on Wake's slot when he forgot to use his ability, turns out you were lying and targeted Pisskop's slot instead
Yeah I didnt want scum to go "oh wait Gamma was Aliened last night so let him commit the kill!" Just in case he was scum. And whaduya know? He was scum.
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion

Post Post #2130 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:27 am

Post by Elsa Jay »

In post 2128, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 2126, Creature wrote:Also scum could have killed the key PRs or WIFOMedd Elsa into roleblocking the investigative PRs.
If you killed someone more important then Flavor n2 you could've had a shot. Or if you killed me or Wake.

Not killing Wake or LUV after either claimed so early was your mistake.
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion

Post Post #2131 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:32 am

Post by Elsa Jay »

Wait a second neither of You even used your factional kill on n3? Holy crap...

Did even really use the tracker either.
Dolly Parton
Dolly Parton
Goon
Dolly Parton
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2132 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:34 am

Post by Dolly Parton »

Good job Town.
"It's hard to be a diamond in a rhinestone world."
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion

Post Post #2133 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:41 am

Post by Elsa Jay »

Glad I stuck to lynching Pisskop first and not Nero, since hum dying would've given piss free rein to kill LUV and not be able to clear Frank, Dolly, and probably even Rabid.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2134 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:07 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Well, my OG solve had Gamma and Zote. But did a bad and assumed 4 scum.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2135 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:07 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

Also, how y’all gonna ask why I died. Of course I was the death that night.

Great watch, Wake.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2136 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:08 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 2130, Elsa Jay wrote:
In post 2128, Nero Cain wrote:
If you killed someone more important then Flavor n2 you could've had a shot. Or if you killed me or Wake.

Not killing Wake or LUV after either claimed so early was your mistake.
I agree, but Zote and Gamma knew I was coming for them eventually, so I think they got a little nervous with it.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2137 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:09 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2134, Flavor Leaf wrote:But did a bad and assumed 4 scum.
We all assumed 4 scum b/c town had alot of power. I had actually thought Maria was a traitor (and later Elsa)
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2138 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:10 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 1323, Flavor Leaf wrote:@Gamma - I might just be paranoid, I guess, but yeah.

@Zote - you’re scum, I have nothing to converse with you :lol:
:lol:

Of course I died, guys
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion

Post Post #2139 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:10 am

Post by Elsa Jay »

If it was me I would've taken the 1v1 against you. Ah well.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2140 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:11 am

Post by Nero Cain »

my original n2 shot was Jet and maybe for a shitty reason we killed you instead.

Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2141 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:11 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 2139, Elsa Jay wrote:If it was me I would've taken the 1v1 against you. Ah well.
Yeah, idk if I would have lost it.

I had a really good game this game, though.

Good work town.

I’m just happy I was right on Maria being town.

Elsa/Frank - we shoulda kept the town block.
Espressojet
Espressojet
Mafia Scum
Espressojet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2142 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:12 am

Post by Espressojet »

NOICE
Elsa Jay
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Elsa Jay
He or She. Idc.
Chaos and Confusion
Chaos and Confusion

Post Post #2143 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:15 am

Post by Elsa Jay »

I felt kinda proud at the end even accounting for a Rabid Strongman. Not nessecary as all but I liked it.
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2144 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:17 am

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 953, Zote the Mighty wrote:
In post 948, Espressojet wrote:
In post 945, Nero Cain wrote:are you suggesting that he not out his result b/c that seems insanely dumb.
I think we don't want to out a pro-town role
I think the trade off of catching one scum is worth the chance of outing another TPR.

He should out the one he thinks is scum but not out the other one.
I was right in thinking Zote was the most likely to have made the kill. :)
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #2145 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:29 am

Post by Creature »

Here are the other stories I hadn't posted:

Spoiler: The Final Bottle

The Final Bottle

After years of conflict between nations, a plague originated from the war spread all across the globe. It started silent and when the humans realized, it was too late.

When they died, their soul would ascend to the sky and end up in a bottle, that once filled had to be retrieved and replaced by one of the gods. The god tasked to retrieve the bottle of human souls is Abhmar, who had the appearance of a short chimp.

Today Abhmar had a lot of work, constantly replacing the bottle just to find the replacement is about to be full.

Soon showed up Cakarbar, who had the appearance of a white small bird and was Abhmar's only friend.

"How are you doing today?", asked Cakarbar.

"Busy, really busy", answered Abhmar, "now you excuse me".

The chimp returned with another bottle and replaced the full one.

"Too many deaths today?", questioned Cakarbar.

"Yesterday was worse"

The white bird god stared the bottle with curiosity as it filled pretty fast.

"I can see something is really wrong", observed Cakarbar, "what really happened?"

"It's a plague, set by themselves", answered the chimp god.

"They are going extinct! Can't you save them?"

"I could absorb the plague all away from them to me, but that would cost my life"

The bird god could see from the eyes of its own group of species the whole world, including the now devastated cities of what was once a powerful civilization. It remembered watching the human species grow from a small group of nomads, to being great farmers, animal tamers, later make the inorganic resources of the nature work for them on what they called industrialization and finally surpassing the physical with what they called virtual technology.

Now all that could be seen is small groups of desperate people looking for food. The bird god felt the pain of the mother who just watched her child die in front of her.

"You'd give your life to save the human race? For a few more minutes?", finally asked Cakarbar.

"No, to doom them"

"You hate them that much?"

The chimp god stopped doing what it was doing and stared the bird god dead in its eyes.

"I hate them? I DESPISE THEM! They were the biggest mistake a god could have done! I gave them everything, everything for them to develop themselves and reach close to us! Instead all I get to see is constant wars and suffering. I should have seen since from the beginning they were going to be destructive when they started killing off the giant mammals. I could have put an end right there! They angered many other gods by killing their own group of species! Hey, that includes you! How can you ever care about them? Shouldn't you worry about your birds?"

Cakarbar couldn't answer.

"I shouldn't have given them the free will! I knew it was a bad idea", wailed Abhmar.

Cakarbar knew there was a price for the free will. Each species has something called instinct, which is none other than their own creator's will that shape their own creation's will. Leaving holes in their instinct leave them less predictable and harder to save when needed. Cakarbar could see Abhmar left a huge hole.

"I'd rather just watch them die", continued Abhmar.

"The human species was the most interesting species I have ever seen. All animals before them only had programmed behaviors. They knew how to get their food, to survive from the cold and the predators, to find the member of the opposing sex and reproduce. But humans, they were entirely different. Unlike other animals, they were since birth dependent on each other. When they grew up they still relied on each other. One single human couldn't survive alone, but a human in a society could beat any other species. Their civilization brought a colorful contrast to the lands, without them it would be just monotone forest", commented Cakarbar, "it's a shame they are dying"

Abhmar at this point was crying.

"Abhmar?"

"Whatever, I can just create another species like them. If I give them partial free will maybe I can stop that catastrophe from repeating", said Abhmar.

"But they won't feel the same at all"

"You're right, I think we just need to let them die and go back to what we were doing"

At this point the bottle was filling really slowly. It didn't mean they were getting back on road, but rather that there weren't many left to die. It would be just a matter of time until the last one perished.

"Do you know what amazed me the most about them?", asked the chimp god.

"What?"

"Their ability to love each other", responded Abhmar, "despite all the atrocities they have done to each other, they still had an impressing way of bonding with each other which most animals don't. While all other animals are programmed to love each other to spread their DNA, humans just...love each other naturally, even if they don't carry their DNAs at all. Or even if they aren't retributed at all"

"Maybe you love them just like that?"

The chimp god looked at Cakarbar's eyes, then looked back to the bottle. He knew it was the last one and as soon it filled it would seal humanity's fate. It was pretty clear the bottle was just a few souls away from full.

"You're right. After all things they have done, I can't not love them", responded Abhmar, "creating another species just will never fill that gap"

"Wait, are you sacrificing for them?", asked Cakarbar shocked.

The chimp god nodded.

"You can't do that! You're a god, they're mortals, in fact they're about to die! It's not worth saving them!"

"Listen, Cakarbar. I was there with them since the beginning, when they were a weak species against the many strong predators. I have seen them recover even from the most desperate situations, including the black death. I can say that they will make this out for sure"

"You're my only friend, Abhmar. You taught me to have dreams, ambitions, goals. Before you I was merely a bird god with my own programming affect my own behavior. All I would do is caw and chirp and retrieve my own bird soulds as if I was programmed by some entity just like we've been doing. Thanks to you I have gone outside my own bubble to help you with your own species, even at the expense of mine"

"I know, hence why I design you my sucessor"

"Me?"

"Yes, you will be in charge of them now. You will look at them just like I did. You will suffer with them just like I did. You will love them just like I did"

Abhmar was clearly pale. Multiple black tentacles surrounded its feet.

"Abhmar, I can't..."

"Please, promise you will look after them"

The body of the chimp god was slowly disappearing into dust.

"Abhmar, no..."

"Please, promise...just for me"

"Okay, I...I promise"

"Thank you, friend"

The last dust of what was once Abhmar, the creator of the human species, flew away in the air, leaving only Cakarbar in the room.

After the initial shock, Cakarbar moved to the room where its friend kept all the bottles containing the human souls. There were no empty bottles at sight.

Cakarbar sighed and just as it moved out of the room, it toppled on a tiny empty bottle. The human species was alive.

Spoiler: Parents of Christmas

Parents of Christmas

"Are you ready?", asked the mother.

"I am always ready, dear", answered the father.

The mother jumped to the side. The two elves present were alerted, but it was too late. They were both knocked down.

Another elf came from behind, but the father made sure to kick it unconscious to the wall.

"I think that was it?", asked the father.

"Shh", hushed the mother.

Indeed they could hear voices speaking some language the parents didn't understand. And they seemed to be coming for them.

"What do we do now?", asked the father.

"Climb up the boxes", answered the mother.

They climbed to the top of the multiple scattered boxes around the room. The door unlocked and two elves showed up speaking something when they saw the three unconscious elves.

They began to search around the room for signs of invaders, but they didn't bother to look up and that turned to be their mistake.

"I'll take the front", said the father confidently as he went through the door the two elves previously unlocked.

The father readied his slingshot while the mother got her shoe ready to hit any elf in the way. As they proceeded through the corridor, they only found a T-shaped crossway.

"Do we split?", suggested the father.

"No, we shouldn't split up. Remember what happened last time?", warned the mother.

"Okay, then", sighed the father, alternating his fingers: "eenie meenie miney mo..."

"Just take the left", told the mother.

"Why?"

"We took the right last time"

They took the left path and found themselves in a large storage. They looked around, but found nothing.

"You took the wrong path, dear", commented the father.

Suddenly a large number of elves came from every direction. The father took three of them out with the slingshot and kicked a fourth into the fifth, while the mother spun her body hitting five elves with her shoe.

"We need to get out of here", shouted the father.

The mother spotted a small opening behind a large box.

"Follow me!", she took the father by his hand and pushed him towards the opening.

Past the opening, she kicked the box, closing the hole and leaving them in complete darkness. The father clicked his flashlight.

"There are elvish darts all over you", pointed the mother.

"And so are there on you", replied the father.

They knew the elvish darts could make its victims black out. They weren't really deadly, but it would frustate any chance of them getting presents for their children this Christmas. To null its effect they had to rub milk over the wound.

After they were done rubbing milk, they followed the path all the way to a room, where they found Santa sitting on a throne.

"Get ready to have your ass kicked, Santa!", challenged the father.

"Okay, you won", surrended the Santa.

"Afraid of us now?", mocked the mother.

"Yes, I am. Listen, I still have millions of parents forward to challenge. You already beat me before and you will know how to beat me now. Santa's getting too old to be beaten by every single parent. At least leave me intact to challenge first-time parents"

The Santa kicked one of the boxes and signaled to the parents to pick it up. The father approached the box, but suddenly a toy train hit him from the side.

"Haha! I'm not giving up this easily!", challenged Santa, taking two toy guns.

"Hide!", shouted the mother as both parents jumped behind different boxes.

"You can't hide forever!", mocked Santa.

The mother took the candy cane and dipped the tip in milk. Then threw it to the father who aimed with his slingshot the tip of the candy cane against Santa and shot.

"Ugh!", yelled Santa, "okay, now you really won. Take your stupid gifts"

The parents hesitated.

"Just do it! I was already defeated", ordered Santa.

The mother checked the box for each gift while the father covered her with another candy cane in his slingshot.

"It's all here! Let's go", announced the mother.

"Tell us one good reason to not tell the truth", intimidated the father to Santa.

"You already know the answer: if you tell them the truth, Christmas will end and there will be no more gifts for them. You wouldn't want to ruin their childhood, would you?", smiled Santa.

"Let's just go", the mother pushed the father through the same hole.

---

The parents watched with satisfaction their children opening the gifts under the Christmas tree when their daughter came up:

"Can we send a thank letter for Santa?"

"Of course, dear. We can", answered the father.

They stared each other then smiled.

"I hope you're ready for Easter", joked the father.

"Shut up", counter the mother.

Spoiler: A Devil's Cry

A Devil's Cry

"I need a favor"

I stared dumbfounded as I saw none other than the own devil offering back the soul sphere thing I sold him years ago.

"Why would you ever need it? You're the devil?", I questioned.

"Years ago you wanted to end all the religions over the world", said the devil.

"Yes"

"By selling me your soul, I gave you the knowledge to prove through a mathematical equation there's no superior being"

"Yes"

"And by that, you have made all people believe there's no god at all"

"Yes, where are you trying to reach?"

"You see, by making them believe there's no god, you also made them believe there's no devil"

"And? That should be a plus for you, they won't feel aware of your temptations"

"No, the situation is way more severe"

"What could be so severe if you're the devil?"

"Nero, I am disappearing! Just like god, I need people to believe I exist so I can exist. Hence why I'm giving back your soul. All you have to do is point that there was an error in your equation to make people believe there's still a possibility god exists, still a possibility I exist"

I looked deep on the devil, who was now pretty much in its knees. I smirked, then began to laugh. Laugh out of the top of my lungs, for minutes. When I finished, I said:

"Are you serious? Are you really serious? The devil wants to return my soul just so I make people believe god can exist? What do you think will happen? It will be all over the newspapers: Nero, the mathematician known for proving the non-existence of god, was actually wrong"

The devil nodded, almost comically. I shouted back:

"No, I'm not doing that! It's your problem, not mine!"

"You better do that, or else...", the devil threatened.

"Or else what? Will you destroy my soul? I already sold my soul and I don't need it anyways!"

"No, I will torture you when you die"

I laughed further, I couldn't bear what the now pathetic devil was saying.

"Not if you disappear first", I mocked.

"Don't doubt me, you know there are still a select few who still believe god and hence me"

"The god believers? Haha! Please, don't make me laugh. The god believers are just pathetic anti-science folks, they even still believe in flat earth and creationism theory"

"I can destroy your body right now!"

"Do it then!", I challenged.

It was a shot in the dark, but to be honest I was quite amused, maybe because I didn't have a soul to begin with. The devil with the dirt from my backyard formed a huge fist. He moved his arm in my direction and I watched the dirt fist move towards my direction. Instinctively I punched it back and I saw it dismantle in inert dirt.

"Haha! Where are your god believers now?", I mocked.

I began moving away when the devil proposed something interesting:

"Make them believe in me and in return not only will I return your soul but I will also give me your soul!"

"Hmm!", I stopped in my tracks, "a devil's soul?"

"Yes, I will be completely under your power! You won't just be a known mathematician who proved the existence of god wrong, you will be the commander of devil"

I was now really amused. What started once as a pact of submission to the devil in order to prove all religions wrong now brought the own devil willing to be my slave. I was just wondering something:

"People have to believe something in order for that something to exist, right?"

"Yes", the devil answered.

"Does it also apply to someone's powers?"

"Yes, of course.

I walked close to the devil looking at him with a smirk.

"I'm willing to accept your proposal, but on one condition:", I raised a finger then said: "I will be the god people will believe in"

there's also another story you can find in Mod PT I'm too ashamed to post
Last edited by Creature on Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sigh
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2146 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:35 am

Post by Nero Cain »

We killed Amrun n1 b/c I felt like she was the only decent town player and n1 shots are just a crapshot. We didn't kill Wake b/c we were worried about him being protection.

I knew I should have been doing the kills. I
knew
it. But like Zote sent in the n1 kill and he was doing this flavorish thing that was cute (imo) and so I just went with it and then on n2 when I sent in the kill it just kinda slipped my mind. That's my bad, honestly. But would it have really changed that much? If we still kill FL and I get guilted the setup goes to

tracker
goon

vs.

alien
neo
watcher turned IC
neighbor
FN
3x vt

They could have pushed the neighbor and whichever VTs don't get inno'd.

When Luv claimed invest without clarifying what type of invest he was my first thought was that he was a hider. In hindsight, this makes no sense b/c he didn't crumb n2 but yeah, that's what I thought and Aaron didn't correct me (not that I'm blaming him) so yeah. But yeah, that was a good gambit by Luv and a good action by Wake that night.

It's at this point I stopped caring. Neither I or Piss even bothered sending in a kill. Should I have replaced out? EH. Like I think it's considered an acceptable reason but I kinda feel like replacing out in a bad spot and putting someone else in a not-great situation is kinda immature and unfair to others. The idea that I claimed UB without knowing that it was a scum claim is dumb. I just kinda wanted to die (and make the watcher invalid) and maybe get piss some town cred.

If we had done better kills would we have won?

Like, let's assume that n1 and d2 plays out the same way it did.

tracker
goon
enabler

vs.

watcher
neighbor
neo
alien
fn
4x vt

If we shot the neo or alien or the watcher. Killing Elsa would have prob been the best kill that night and get a vt lynched

So @ n3 we are at

tracker
goon
enabler

vs.

watcher
neighbor
neo
fn
1 confirmed vt
2x vt

If we kill the neo and assume that wake watched him and thus I get guilted and get lynched the next day and piss and zote kill the ic that night then we'd go into d5

tracker
goon

vs.

neighbor
fn
1 confirmed vt
2x vt

there are 3 lynchables. If the scum team avoids the lynch and lets say they kill a VT and kill Jet that night then

tracker
goon

vs.

neighbor
fn
1x vt

they'd have to push the neighbor and the unconfirmed VT as the scumteam so it seems like Jett or Dunn would just be a kingmaker. Like the scum path to victory is there but it's very very tight.

Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #2147 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:42 am

Post by Creature »

Updated 2145 with images
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #2148 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:42 am

Post by Creature »

Shit, images are too big
Sigh
Frank
Frank
Goon
Frank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2149 (ISO) » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:43 am

Post by Frank »

In post 2141, Flavor Leaf wrote:Elsa/Frank - we shoulda kept the town block.
I got paranoid :(

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”