Micro 914: CultD3 (Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Kanna
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Innocent Child
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:39 am

Post by Kanna »

Also goodbye readlist; I couldn’t make one
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:44 am

Post by Bingle »

I think it’s vaguely for the best if UTs claim D1. If we have a UT massclaim our EV shoots way up and there’s nothing scum can do to stop it. OTOH, if scum claims UT they will be found by any other or claim and both cultists have to claim.
Bingle
Bingle
Survivor
Bingle
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:45 am

Post by Bingle »

Not UT
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:52 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 95, Poyzin wrote:
In post 82, Hectic wrote:but I WANNA HEAR MORE FROM YOU BECAUSE YOU'RE AMAZING, POYZIN
Awww, you've inspired me! I'd recommend getting a better keyboard though so you don't accidentally hit the caps lock button as many times as you have. I'm getting shady vibes from "no lynch" the player, and the cult leader claim out of the gate left me with a bad taste in my mouth. I mean, it obviously was a joke because you don't simply claim to be the leader of the anti-town faction. ...but that's the thing... For some reason I'm feeling that this was just a really risky scum play, to say that to appear as town by making such a blatantly false joke.

Somebody please talk some sense into me because this is definitely unreasonable... right?
Oh wow, I didn't realise someone had glued down my CAPS LOCK KEY GODDAMMIT THERE IT GOES AGAIN HAng on there we go I fixed it. Sorry.

I'd read the No lynch (who I am now nicknaming Nolly) claiming cult leader as completely NAI; I wouldn't read into it if I were you. What do you think of sh0s putting Nolly on L-1 in ?

Also, let me know what you think of Farkran's logic of claiming VT in .
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:58 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 101, Bingle wrote:I think it’s vaguely for the best if UTs claim D1. If we have a UT massclaim our EV shoots way up and there’s nothing scum can do to stop it. OTOH, if scum claims UT they will be found by any other or claim and both cultists have to claim.
In post 102, Bingle wrote:
Not UT
Is that so scum can't claim UT in the future after recruiting other town PRs?

BRILLIANT.

Unkillable ICs would be nice to have honestly. But does the roleblocker work on unrecruitables?
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:05 am

Post by Hectic »

As far as I can tell, they can't be roleblocked and they actually seem a lot stronger than the other PR combinations, since they're so good for PoE when you get to Lylo (which they always will).

I don't think they should claim today, since in order for 2 cultists to pull off a double fakeclaim as 2 UTs, they would need to have recruited BOTH town PRs. So we definitely don't need to out any possible UTs on day 1; let cult have the potential of failing their recruit.
Kanna
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Innocent Child

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:05 am

Post by Kanna »

Wait I think Bingle’s idea could potentially work because we’ll either get
> 2 confirmed town
> a counterclaim because there are other PRs
> nothing if in other setups, but we didn’t lose anything
Kanna
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Innocent Child

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:08 am

Post by Kanna »

I mean, I guess a failed recruit is nice but the chance is kind of low
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:09 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 99, Kanna wrote:I’m getting maybe low cult leader vibes from Fark cause on the outside, they seem quite townie, but some of their reads were kind of tmi imo and Poyzin is a newbie so I didn’t like that read of them
Which of my reads sounded TMI?
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Kanna
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Innocent Child

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:23 am

Post by Kanna »

Maybe the readlist? Could be just me but I’m struggling to find AI stuff so it seems weird how can already make a readlist
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:23 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 109, Kanna wrote:Maybe the readlist? Could be just me but I’m struggling to find AI stuff so it seems weird how can already make a readlist
Check my meta
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Kanna
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Kanna
she/her
Innocent Child
Innocent Child

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:24 am

Post by Kanna »

Ok will do and will come back to you later
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:26 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 101, Bingle wrote:I think it’s vaguely for the best if UTs claim D1. If we have a UT massclaim our EV shoots way up and there’s nothing scum can do to stop it. OTOH, if scum claims UT they will be found by any other or claim and both cultists have to claim.
I kinda support this in this setup. Already claimed non ut.
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:27 am

Post by Farkran »

I'd like to hear what korina has to say about it, being the best expert in cult -and this particular setup- here
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:45 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 95, Poyzin wrote:
In post 82, Hectic wrote:but I WANNA HEAR MORE FROM YOU BECAUSE YOU'RE AMAZING, POYZIN
Awww, you've inspired me! I'd recommend getting a better keyboard though so you don't accidentally hit the caps lock button as many times as you have. I'm getting shady vibes from "no lynch" the player, and the cult leader claim out of the gate left me with a bad taste in my mouth. I mean, it obviously was a joke because you don't simply claim to be the leader of the anti-town faction. ...but that's the thing... For some reason I'm feeling that this was just a really risky scum play, to say that to appear as town by making such a blatantly false joke.

Somebody please talk some sense into me because this is definitely unreasonable... right?
It's not unplausible, but i am with hectic saying that is NAI. Don't you have any other read based on what happened so far?
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:49 am

Post by Hectic »

If the UTs exist, they can just claim tomorrow with no harm after they've possibly blocked a recruit. There's no setup with just 1 UT, so the cultists can't fakeclaim double UT before day 3, since they can only do that if they've recruited both PRs. Hope that makes sense.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:01 am

Post by shos »

VOTE: Bingle
I think this is the first talk worthy thing in the game. Such claim would really be stupid for cult as that would put them in a 1v1 with a real UT. It makes all sorts of sense that if scum ever come to claim, they'll claim VT or a PR to draw PRs out or something. Therefore, this post is, most likely, coming from a cultist which is not the cult leader.
In post 836, Lucky2u said:

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:28 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 116, shos wrote:
I think this is the first talk worthy thing in the game. Such claim would really be stupid for cult as that would put them in a 1v1 with a real UT. It makes all sorts of sense that if scum ever come to claim, they'll claim VT or a PR to draw PRs out or something. Therefore, this post is, most likely, coming from a cultist which is not the cult leader.
Sorry how is that post scum indicative for bingle? Please lead me to understand your train of thoughts.

From what i read here, you are voting bingle for assuming cult would counterclaim a claimed UT. Why would they? If UTs exist, counterclaiming them would give town MORE ICs rather than less, because an outed non-leader cult could be used as an anti-IC to lock cult into being unable to recruit more, since they are capped to 3 living cult players. Once the leader is found, then we can proceed to lynch cultists.

The difference between mafia and cult is that mafia cannot replace their ranks but have no limits on their ability to remove threats - cult can replace their ranks, but they are limited to 3 and therefore they can only remove threats if the town allows them to. Day 1 is the best day to apply this method, because the cult only has 1 available recruit to cast wifom on town. From day 2 onwards, it gets worse.

Tell me, shos, where is the scum intent in Bingle promoting such a strategy? Worst case scenario it would lead to a wifom-based gamestate, but it's not scum indicative.
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Null Vote
Null Vote
Goon
Null Vote
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:35 am

Post by Null Vote »

In post 113, Farkran wrote:I'd like to hear what korina has to say about it, being the best expert in cult -and this particular setup- here
I don't think that Korina is in the playerpool.
shos
shos
Survivor
shos
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:39 am

Post by shos »

no no no no
His point in claiming is to either force scum into d1 1v1 which is bad for them, since it's either leader or possibly a PR if I remember the setup correctly, or just...ignore them and allow them to avoid a mis-recruit which is obviously pro town. What I say is that clearly cult will not CC, and are far more likely to fakeclaim VT when they dakeclaim, so this just helps scum.
Worst case scenario is even supremely worse, where there is no UT and scum know this and THEY claim UT thus "conftowning" themselves until PRs die in the game when the setup becomes clearer.

Anyway, that is a bad bad idea, and suggesting it helps scum, and since the leader wouldn't want so much attention, this is probably not him
In post 836, Lucky2u said:

Rule # 5h05: players should not attempt to use or manipulate the mod for any purpose.
Farkran
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Farkran
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:41 am

Post by Farkran »

In post 118, Null Vote wrote:
In post 113, Farkran wrote:I'd like to hear what korina has to say about it, being the best expert in cult -and this particular setup- here
I'm sure that NOT KORINA can give an equally insighful analysis
Farkran is back poggers
-Alisae
Null Vote
Null Vote
Goon
Null Vote
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:43 am

Post by Null Vote »

In post 120, Farkran wrote:
In post 118, Null Vote wrote:
I'm sure that NOT KORINA can give an equally insighful analysis
Hopefully.
Null Vote
Null Vote
Goon
Null Vote
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:46 am

Post by Null Vote »

In post 119, shos wrote: Worst case scenario is even supremely worse, where there is no UT and scum know this and THEY claim UT thus "conftowning" themselves until PRs die in the game when the setup becomes clearer.
This is exactly what is Bingle trying to prevent.
If you are PT and see someone claim a role which can't coexist with yours, you simply CC. So Cult Leader gets lynched by day 2.
If we don't mass claim not UT, cult
can
day 3 claim unrecruitable.
Null Vote
Null Vote
Goon
Null Vote
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:47 am

Post by Null Vote »

I claim not UT.
Null Vote
Null Vote
Goon
Null Vote
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:48 am

Post by Null Vote »

In post 116, shos wrote:
Why exactly are you voting someone who you think that is not Cult Leader?

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”