Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #9525 (ISO) » Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:18 pm

Post by Something_Smart »

In post 9523, Alisae wrote:Strongman isn't something that can be attached to a town role in normal games
Good thing the rules were worded so that players had fully Normal roles, and Titus could have
any
combination of Normal roles and modifiers ;)
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
OkaPoka
OkaPoka
Survivor
OkaPoka
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9526 (ISO) » Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:19 pm

Post by OkaPoka »

In post 9525, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 9523, Alisae wrote:Strongman isn't something that can be attached to a town role in normal games
Good thing the rules were worded so that players had fully Normal roles, and Titus could have
any
Fake news reroll
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #9527 (ISO) » Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:19 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 9525, Something_Smart wrote:
any
CHET
CHET
GTKAS
| here.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #9528 (ISO) » Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:19 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

Oooh - tricky mods.
<(") | (")>
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #9529 (ISO) » Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:19 pm

Post by Alisae »

also really liking the azelf representation something_smart!
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #9530 (ISO) » Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:20 pm

Post by Alisae »

Azelf is definitely my favorite out of the lake trio
GTKAS
| here.
Chemist1422
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chemist1422
Chesto berry
Chesto berry

Post Post #9531 (ISO) » Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:20 pm

Post by Chemist1422 »

lake trio are pretty cool
GTKAS

“you're an empty-glass-but-there-might-be-INVISIBLE-Water kinda guy” -Iprobablysuck
Espeonage
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Espeonage
any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: any

Post Post #9532 (ISO) » Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:21 pm

Post by Espeonage »

Uxie >>>>> Mesprit >> Azelf
Don't @ me.
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9533 (ISO) » Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:26 pm

Post by Krazy »

Drixx02/18/2020
we need to carry SEVEN day phases consecutive
and Titus can't be silenced
I actually sympathize with this

In Ali v. Pine it was very hard to keep it together for so long; it's very easy to start running out of steam as scum. I had the bus on LLD day 1, I won the 1v1 with mastina, but after that I was pretty wiped out. It starts to feel really hard to think about how to re-evaluate your reads even though you recognize your distancing/progression no longer works for a winning endgame.

I think the setup of treestump wars is really dynamic which is why they've been popular lately but they are definitely draining for scum having a confirmed town voice that can't be silenced or discredited
Drixx02/18/2020
like ... the time sink is huge
I sympathize with this too, I felt this very much in another game recently as well, although I think that this mindset is one of the reasons that no one wants to play scum, is that it doesn't feel as satisfying deceiving people vs. solving people?

In terms of Moriarty games, there is a point as well that slots like Amrun being mechanically powerful but also fit into the "hint" design system about who can be scum can be problematic for scum, since scum want to kill power roles early but Amrun also makes Cerb's slot weaker as a result (although that's partly due to Cerb/Drixx trueclaiming the ascetic)

Ali I wish you didn't neg your team so much in thread I think they clearly put a lot of work into this game :P
vote conspiracy
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #9534 (ISO) » Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:28 pm

Post by Alisae »

AF tired and Drixx + Cerb did well
M&K could have done better
and bitmap idunno :/
GTKAS
| here.
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #9535 (ISO) » Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:31 pm

In post 9529, Alisae wrote:also really liking the azelf representation something_smart!
Yes thank you I decided I was overdue for an avatar change and well now I'm an azelf. Azelf is easily the coolest of the lake trio, and Lake Valor is the best lake, so it all works out. :]
In post 9533, Krazy wrote:I think the setup of treestump wars is really dynamic which is why they've been popular lately but they are definitely draining for scum having a confirmed town voice that can't be silenced or discredited
COMING SOON: Treestump game but the town doesn't know which treestump is town and which one is scum
It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9536 (ISO) » Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:32 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 9397, Krazy wrote:idk I was curious whether Boon was serious about Krazy v Boon

Also I think most of this list is already in it but anyone who isn't yet is welcome to the cow level - https://discord.gg/FsyjUs
Yup
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9537 (ISO) » Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:33 pm

Post by Krazy »

Game with three treestumps, one of which is a self-aligned survivor!

Wait.......
vote conspiracy
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9538 (ISO) » Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:33 pm

Post by Reasonably Rational »

Drixx and I didn't. I mean, at least not by our standards.

So, setup complaint: the vanila cop/rolecop effects were a bit much, as all vts were logically clears. Like, the mechanically probtown pool was able to grow faster than it probably should have been able to? Granted, there was the chance of getting fake cleared by espe or one of the watcher shots late game, but idk, just seemed like the pool of possible mislynches due to mechanics was too small since D2, in light of a game with 2 masons and a stump controlled vig. *shrug*

Balance is hard though, and with the ascetics and enabler and possible clear etc etc...idk.

-Cerb
Show
"We'll see who is bad at mafia after I've lynched you." - RadiantCowbells

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

A hydra of Drixx and Cerberus v666
Flavor Leaf
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Flavor Leaf
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #9539 (ISO) » Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:34 pm

Post by Flavor Leaf »

In post 9337, Sherlock and Watson wrote:Oka it was nice being main-thread-masons with you <3

Boon sorry for driving you krazy enough to self-vote but let this be a lesson that self-voting makes me want to lynch you a lot more :P

-S
Oh, I played you guys. As soon as I did it, I messaged mods and said “look how easy it is to get wagons to stop building on me” because every time I did it, Ankamius unvoted.
Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9540 (ISO) » Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:36 pm

Post by Krazy »

In post 9538, Reasonably Rational wrote:So, setup complaint: the vanila cop/rolecop effects were a bit much, as all vts were logically clears. Like, the mechanically probtown pool was able to grow faster than it probably should have been able to? Granted, there was the chance of getting fake cleared by espe or one of the watcher shots late game, but idk, just seemed like the pool of possible mislynches due to mechanics was too small since D2, in light of a game with 2 masons and a stump controlled vig. *shrug*
the vanillas only became ICs this game because the three scum lynches came so fast that there emerged a mech confirmation

I don't think that's something that's easily balanced around, although this did happen to also end up being a 'thing' in the previous Moriarty game so it's something I'd watch for in designs in the future. It's cool being an IC'd vanilla town but I can see that being a frustrating thing to play around as scum in future games
vote conspiracy
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9541 (ISO) » Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:36 pm

I’d love to hydra stump me and Cerb Vs. Titus and Mathblade lol.

One of the only takeaways from this game for me is to trust my instincts more. Titus and Math scum vs. us town would be fantastic

~D
Show

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

Krazy
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Krazy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #9542 (ISO) » Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:37 pm

Post by Krazy »

In post 9539, Flavor Leaf wrote:Oh, I played you guys. As soon as I did it, I messaged mods and said “look how easy it is to get wagons to stop building on me” because every time I did it, Ankamius unvoted.
You played me by doing things that made me want to scumread you :P
vote conspiracy
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #9543 (ISO) » Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:37 pm

The vanillas became IC's because there were three scum lynches AND RR blocked Chemist.
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9544 (ISO) » Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:39 pm

In post 9543, Something_Smart wrote:The vanillas became IC's because there were three scum lynches AND RR blocked Chemist.
So it only took one unpredictable bad action by scum to make multiple mechanical clears and that wasn’t
Predictable for scum. Take the feedback for what it’s worth; it’s not an attack it it’s worse than useless for you to just reject it out of hand.

~D
Show

Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced

Post Post #9545 (ISO) » Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:42 pm

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying. You definitely could predict that jailing a JOAT would inform town that there's a remaining scum player who can roleblock and thus anyone who gets confirmed vanilla is confirmed town once one scum remains.

If you're saying you didn't expect a vanilla cop, well, you must have expected some investigative with all the scum power, no?
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9546 (ISO) » Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:55 pm

Feel free to talk to me privately when you can separate your ego from the conversation. A Vanilla Cop is meant to be a weaker investigative than a proper cop so in design you have to consider how the game could break.

I want to be clear: this game was lost because the scum team mostly didn’t play and the town team used the advantage of knowing they could trust other town slots to avoid falling apart. Like... it’s a very good demonstration of what a small group confirmed to one another can do. The town was all over the place most days but was consistent in wrangling past misplays and that was down to good town play.

That doesn’t change the fact that there’s a defect in the setup. It’s not really a factor here but it’s good to evaluate honestly for future setups.

~D
Show

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #9547 (ISO) » Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:56 pm

Post by Titus »

I can sympathize with Drixx saying the game is exhausting. I constantly had to push myself out of my comfort zone to guide town. The role of town treestump is not usually the role I play in games. I expected the change but not to the extent I did.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #9548 (ISO) » Thu Mar 05, 2020 3:57 pm

Post by Alisae »