Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:38 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 248, Isis wrote:I've always viewed the goodfellas award as being awarded to the scum faction of a particular game in its entirety rather than players. It's like Best Picture.
And like if one nominee is 3 players who played like 8s and another nominee is two players that played like 9s and one that played like a 2, the former would get the award.
Good to know
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami
Pronoun: ze/zir

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:07 pm

Post by Noraa »

Moment of Brilliance
1/1/2021
Town was off to an amazing start with 1 scum dead day 2, 2 scums dead day 3, and 1 scum dead day 4. But after catching the first four scum, there was one scum left and her name was Noraabear the deepwolf. She took control of the game state quickly(Because one of her scum buddies, Fredrick Campbell, pulled a dangerous gambit to give her a semi conftown status) and lead town down a road of terror.

Quick note before I continue on about the mechanics is that each day 1 person is voted out by majority vote and they choose someone to kill and that person chooses another. 3 eliminations per day and the flips come after all three are chosen.

Day 5 Noraa lead town thru three town flips and stuff was looking bright and awesome for the scum team until the very last day. The very last day, the plist had only Noraa, Pooky, Murder, Bell, and Fidget. Immediately, Fidget is flashwagoned. Two more eliminations and Noraa wins! (pfft she thought) Fidget soon passes to Pooky and suddenly only Noraa, Bell, and Murder are "alive". All the time before this on this day, no one doubted Noraa - not even the tiniest tiniest amount.

But now with only 3 possibilities left, people needed to be resorted. The big revelation starts with this post from Bell. It continues in this post, this post, this post, this post, this post, this post, this post, this post, this post, and many more. Eventually this leads to a dayvig from me on bell(now only Noraa and Murder are "alive") and then an informal concession from me and a town win after pooky's scroll pass to me. Town managed to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat. This revelation was extremely impressive and worthy of
Kodak
Moment of Brilliance :mrgreen: Just writing this hit the feels big time but this town was incredible and they deserve this nom.

The rest of this town also did incredible but these were the people at the very end that directly impacted my death so they are who I nommed but special mentions go to Uno for being the only person on day 5 to suspect me(bless his soul for being in three entire Noraa scum games) and our precious and amazing crown princess, Gloria.
Last edited by Noraa on Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
Come play Guess that Scummer OR ELSE
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:00 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 248, Isis wrote:I've always viewed the goodfellas award as being awarded to the scum faction of a particular game in its entirety rather than players. It's like Best Picture.
And like if one nominee is 3 players who played like 8s and another nominee is two players that played like 9s and one that played like a 2, the former would get the award.
Yeah that’s what I thought as well.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami
Pronoun: ze/zir

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:47 am

Post by Noraa »

In post 252, Noraa wrote:
Kodak Moment
1/1/2021
Town was off to an amazing start with 1 scum dead day 2, 2 scums dead day 3, and 1 scum dead day 4. But after catching the first four scum, there was one scum left and her name was Noraabear the deepwolf. She took control of the game state quickly(Because one of her scum buddies, Fredrick Campbell, pulled a dangerous gambit to give her a semi conftown status) and lead town down a road of terror.

Quick note before I continue on about the mechanics is that each day 1 person is voted out by majority vote and they choose someone to kill and that person chooses another. 3 eliminations per day and the flips come after all three are chosen.

Day 5 Noraa lead town thru three town flips and stuff was looking bright and awesome for the scum team until the very last day. The very last day, the plist had only Noraa, Pooky, Murder, Bell, and Fidget. Immediately, Fidget is flashwagoned. Two more eliminations and Noraa wins! (pfft she thought) Fidget soon passes to Pooky and suddenly only Noraa, Bell, and Murder are "alive". All the time before this on this day, no one doubted Noraa - not even the tiniest tiniest amount.

But now with only 3 possibilities left, people needed to be resorted. The big revelation starts with this post from Bell. It continues in this post, this post, this post, this post, this post, this post, this post, this post, this post, and many more. Eventually this leads to a dayvig from me on bell(now only Noraa and Murder are "alive") and then an informal concession from me and a town win after pooky's scroll pass to me. Town managed to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat. This revelation was extremely impressive and worthy of Kodak :mrgreen: Just writing this hit the feels big time but this town was incredible and they deserve this nom.

The rest of this town also did incredible but these were the people at the very end that directly impacted my death so they are who I nommed but special mentions go to Uno for being the only person on day 5 to suspect me(bless his soul for being in three entire Noraa scum games) and our precious and amazing crown princess, Gloria.
Apparently I put this in the wrong category. Moment of Brilliance please.
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
Come play Guess that Scummer OR ELSE
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:09 am

Post by Aristophanes »

I know its in the OP but this is for games that ended in 2020 right?
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:40 am

Post by Ircher »

I think it's a gray area. I just asked in a game that just finished, and Alisae said to make the nom anyway, and the SSC will decide later.
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:45 am

Post by Alisae »

ya i don't remember what our stance on it was so if you have any noms to make that involve games that ended before the 8th, feel free to nom them and we'll think about how we want to handle them because i think we decided on how we were going to handle them last year but like I forgot LOL
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:19 am

Post by Alisae »

MAD SCIENTIST
1/2/21 Alisae Professor Morality (Something_Smart and the worst) PookyTheMagicial Bear v Flavor Leaf
Titus v Alisae
Aside from like, minor nitpicks of silly things that the town treestump can come up with thats hopefully limited by the mod hopefully not encouraging their bullshit, Duckie and SS basically came up with the ruleset that versus games will probably run on for a long time. The problem I just kinda poked out is very minor but everything else is really well done here and its likely to be used for versus games to come.
Games with a scum treestump and town treestump were always super engaging when Pine decided it was that time of year to get a tree game going, so they'll always generate hype if someone decides to organize them due to the fact that the setup pits 1 brain against another brain.
The draft is a very interesting part of the setup and the one I feel like is fantastic. Picking your scumteam will always be fun and this may be the most balanced version of it.
Unlike in previous Pine!Tree games, the town treestump can choose between having power themselves or having masons.

While Pine may have came up with the idea and Pine, Camn, and I have helped with getting the idea to where it is, SS and Duckie managed to create some basic guidelines for these games that will allow others to be able to organize this, and pick up and run a versus game.
GTKAS
| here.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:37 am

Post by the worst »

Historically, games that finished in the current year have been disqualified from last year's scummies - quality first nom for the 2021 thread though!
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:37 pm

Post by mastina »

This'll either be an nth for a nomination this year or an nth for the first nomination of next year, but either way:
Game of the Year
1/2/2021 mastina Blade Dancer (Titus) PookyTheMagicalBear v Flavor Leaf This game was amazingly fun from start to finish, with an incredibly competent town and a fairly good scumteam who did well to keep the game competitive in spite of the town having the upper hand. It was a blast, and genuinely some of the most fun I've had in a game in the last 365 days. The town worked together fairly well, with only two mislynches--with one of them aided by a scum guiltying the town eliminated. They were, largely, on the same page, and the masons played incredibly well, but the scum still did a decent job at keeping the game competitive. It was genuinely fun and entertaining from start to finish, and a pleasure to be in and watch.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:43 pm

Post by the worst »

may as well get em in there and see if the judges wanna rule it the same way :) thanks
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:13 pm

Post by Hectic »

Rising Star
02/01/2020 Hectic clidd The first time I played with clidd, I was quite intrigued by what I saw. Doggos Among Us was the game, and his entrance was formal and extremely analytical - very unusual for a new player.
A cute style for sure, but nothing CRAZY. He continued like this for a while and everything was normal, until... he dropped THIS bombshell of a post. He just casually posts a megawall and calls out all 3 scum on
page 7
. That was the moment I realised clidd was no ordinary player.
We went on to flawlessly win that aforementioned game, largely due to clidd's reads and him consistently pushing them for the remainder of the game.

The first I saw him as scum was in a game that I was modding; Ultimate Conspiracy. They were short games and we played a couple of rounds - clidd rolled scum for both rounds, and oh did he perform in both. It turns out clidd isn't the type of player to sit back and coast as scum, he POWERWOLFs and attempts to control the town, and that's what he did in back to back games to win both times. The Sherlock v. Moriarty GIF-off he had with Datisi is adorable btw.

clidd has incredible passion for the game, and is capable of breaking any game wide open with hard analysis and theory. Also, fun fact: You couldn't tell, but English is his second/third language, and he writes up all of his posts in Spanish first and then translates them to English; the dedication and effort he exhibits to SOLVE is simply off the charts. Examples of the insane walls he posts can be seen here:
One / Two / Three / Four
His first post on the site

Fantastic solving prowess, impressive scumplay, and being a haemorrhagic pleasure to play with makes clidd a great Rising Star!
Gloria Cleary
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:19 pm

Post by Gloria Cleary »

In post 260, mastina wrote:This'll either be an nth for a nomination this year or an nth for the first nomination of next year, but either way:
Game of the Year
1/2/2021 mastina Blade Dancer (Titus) PookyTheMagicalBear v Flavor Leaf This game was amazingly fun from start to finish, with an incredibly competent town and a fairly good scumteam who did well to keep the game competitive in spite of the town having the upper hand. It was a blast, and genuinely some of the most fun I've had in a game in the last 365 days. The town worked together fairly well, with only two mislynches--with one of them aided by a scum guiltying the town eliminated. They were, largely, on the same page, and the masons played incredibly well, but the scum still did a decent job at keeping the game competitive. It was genuinely fun and entertaining from start to finish, and a pleasure to be in and watch.
I want to nominate Ydrasse for either moment of brilliance or master strategist but too lazy.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:29 pm

Post by Alisae »

pichu checking bell is probably the most master strategist worthy thing that happened in that game tbh.
GTKAS
| here.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:29 pm

Post by mastina »

Also, I just noticed that nobody's done this one yet and good LORD why hasn't anyone done so?
Paragon of Mafia Hunters
1/2/2021 mastina Hectic Hectic has consistently performed incredibly well as town, most recently in pooky vs flavor leaf as pichu. However, I can link to multiple strong performances demonstrating his skill as town.

He is tremendously good at scumhunting, appearing obvtown, getting immense mileage out of whatever power role he is given, mechanical solving, and convincing others; a complete package in scumhunting skills.
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:33 pm

Post by Ircher »

Do you we have any Community Contributor noms? I think ducky is the only one nominated, but he has also specifically declined the award.
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:41 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 266, Ircher wrote:Do you we have any Community Contributor noms? I think ducky is the only one nominated, but he has also specifically declined the award.
nope and don't force yourself to nom anything for it.
its unreasonable to expect 1 new community contributor every year.
GTKAS
| here.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:43 pm

Post by Hectic »

Kodak Moment
03/01/2021 Hectic Noraa Death Curse Okay, so, you're in a mafia game. There's been 8 mislaunches in a row and you're in the final 5 living players of 20. This is it, it's gone down to the last launch of the game, the decision that decides everything. Oh, and did I mention it's a
page game?
You're
the deepwolf. You've been universally townread for hundreds of pages and hard carried your scumteam but are finally being sussed out right at the end.
You have a factional private scum dayvig that's been unused for the entire game, it instantly kills a player and grants the game a 48 hour extension. It's public info that scum owns this, but it's not been optimal to use it. Using it would not change anything; it would only narrow the PoE down for the final launch.
There's only a few hours left on the clock and everyone's looking at you... you don't have a lot of time to change people's minds.

THAT was the situation Noraa was in during the final stages of Death Curse, and what must've been going through her mind when she made this post.
She was in a chem class... she needed a deadline extension... she realised what had to be done.
What proceeded was truly incredible.

Pooky sums up the events pretty well.
Last edited by Hectic on Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:30 am, edited 3 times in total.
Gloria Cleary
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:43 pm

Post by Gloria Cleary »

In post 268, Hectic wrote:
Kodak Moment
03/01/2020 Hectic Noraa Death Curse Okay, so, you're in a mafia game. There's been 8 mislaunches in a row and you're in the final 5 living players of 20. This is it, it's gone down to the last launch of the game, the decision that decides everything. Oh, and did I mention it's a
page game?
You're
the deepwolf. You've been universally townread for hundreds of pages and hard carried your scumteam but are finally being sussed out right at the end.
You have a factional private scum dayvig that's been unused for the entire game, it instantly kills a player and grants the game a 48 hour extension. It's public info that scum owns this, but it's not been optimal to use it. Using it would not change anything; it would only narrow the PoE down for the final launch.
There's only a few hours left on the clock and everyone's looking at you... you don't have a lot of time to change people's minds.

THAT was the situation Noraa was in during the final stages of Death Curse, and what must've been going through her mind when she made this post.
She was in a chem class... she needed a deadline extension... she realised what had to be done.
What proceeded was incredible.

Pooky sums up the events pretty well.
@Hectic, could you use a brighter colour? I had to quote your post to be able to read it.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack
Pronoun: She

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:46 pm

Post by Ythan »

Consider the mafBlack skin if you have not!
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:52 pm

Post by Hectic »

I didn't change the font colour though

Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:54 pm

Post by Hectic »

Community Contributor
03/01/2021
Hectic
Alisae
Alisae's been constatly encouraging people to submit nominations for a while now, and I've even heard of
scouting missions
where individuals have been sent on quests to nominate deserving candidates (people in question may choose to vouch if desired).

But yeah, for organising, maintaining, and updating this thread - which is a great and fun part of the site; I think Alisae would be very deserving of Community Contributor.
Last edited by Hectic on Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gloria Cleary
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:57 pm

Post by Gloria Cleary »

In post 272, Hectic wrote:
Community Contributor
03/01/2020 Hectic Alisae Alisae's been constatly encouraging people to submit nominations for a while now, and I've even heard of
scouting missions
where individuals have been sent on quests to nominate deserving candidates (people in question may choose to vouch if desired).

But yeah, for organising, maintaining, and updating this thread - which is a great and fun part of the site; I think Alisae would be very deserving of Community Contributor.
I can’t read that unless I press “quote”. :/
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:58 pm

Post by MURDERCAT »