Best General Mish Mash Game 2019

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:00 pm

Post by Scummies »

Set of "Let's Make a Deal!"
October 21, 1978

"Sheryl Cross, come on down! You're the next contestant on
Let's Make a Deal!
"

Sheryl's cheeks flushed red with exhilaration, and an immediate sheen of excited perspiration broke out on her forehead. She hurried down from her seat, nearly tripping over the long white costume dress she'd worn to attract the producer's attention. All her friends had told her that the Bride of Frankenstein wouldn't get her picked, and she was eager to rub this in their faces when she got back from vacation. "That's me! I'm coming!" The audience chuckled at her near-catastrophe as she rushed up onto the stage. The host gave her that winning smile and embraced her, "Are you alright, there, Sheryl? You nearly took a spill! And we can't have that if you're going to play for our Big Deal of the Day!"

A fanfare played, and the studio curtains pulled back to reveal three enormous prop doors. Sheryl squealed a little in terrified delight. This was it! Her big shot! "Alright, Sheryl," the host said, reaching out to take her hand and steady her, "I need you to pick a door. Will it be door number one? Number two? Or number three?" Sheryl turned away to look at the crowd, trying to catch her sister's eye. The studio audience went mad, shouting suggestions at her, but her sister, Grace, held up the her middle and index finger, twined together. Of course - their secret sign from when they were little. Two sisters against the world, inseparable. "Two, Monty! Door number two!"

"Alright Sheryl, door number two. Now before we open your door, let's see what was behind door number three!" The panel marked "3" slid up and out of sight, revealing a beautiful oak dining room set. The announcer came over the speakers, describing in exacting detail all about the table and chairs and the "surprise" addition of a second prize consisting of a china dish set. Sheryl didn't care, all she knew was that it wasn't the car, and she still had a chance at it. "Sheryl?" Her reverie snapped. The host was asking her a question. "What?" "Sheryl, I asked whether you wanted to keep door number two, or take door number one instead. The audience was shouting at her again, and she looked back at Grace. Her sister confidently made the same sign with her fingers, giving her little sister a small smile, just for the two of them.

"Two! I want to stick with door number two!" The host tried offering her a cash buyout to go with changing her mind, but she turned them down. They raised the panel on door number one, and Sheryl nearly fainted with relief when it was some silly trip to Florida. They didn't even have a second prize in the package, just a vacation. Sheryl's vision began to tunnel, and they finally raised the last door panel to reveal a brand new Chevrolet El Dorado! Now she really did faint away.

The host, Plotinus, turned to the camera with a smile as staff rushed up to fan Sheryl and offer her water. "Well folks, it looks like she's happy with her prize! That's all we have for you today, we'll see you next time on
Let's Make a Deal!
"
Scummies
Scummies
Goon
Scummies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:02 pm

Post by Scummies »

Congratulations to the 2019 winner of the 'Best General Mish Mash Game' award,

Plotinus!

for their moderation of Sequence!

This thread is now open.
Last edited by Scummies on Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ariel
Ariel
none please
edited 449 times in total
Ariel
none please
Pronoun: none please

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:26 pm

Post by Ariel »

good job :]
xofelf
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash
Miss Mash
Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:23 am

Post by xofelf »

Well done Plot :)
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind
Pronoun: He/Him/His

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:12 am

Post by Malkon05 »

Congratulations! This was a very well done game <3
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:12 am

Post by the worst »

Congratulations Plotinus. ^^
I haven't read the full thread but it's such an ambitious game to run. Testament to your modding abilities and attention to detail that it was so well-loved.
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:46 am

Post by Ircher »

Good job Plotinus.
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
Hosting: The Grand Neighborhood [Ongoing]
Plotinus
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Plotinus
Kitten Caboodle
Kitten Caboodle

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:56 am

Post by Plotinus »

Wow, thanks, this is a surprise. The thread may look a little bit dead but I'm still accepting replacements if anyone wants to replace in and revive it.
The failure mode of clever is asshole.

Modding checklists | Sequencer is in Game 5 | Space II is in Day 4
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:32 am

Post by popsofctown »

I'm really stressed about the OP celebrating an incorrect solve of the Monty Hall problem
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Pine
Pine
In Your Head
Pine
In Your Head
In Your Head

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Mon Feb 24, 2020 8:54 am

Post by Pine »

In post 8, popsofctown wrote:I'm really stressed about the OP celebrating an incorrect solve of the Monty Hall problem
A correct solve was the original plan, but my writing develops organically, and Sheryl's affinity for the number two was a spontaneous story element.
"Cry havoc, and let slip the wombat of war!"

Act 3, Scene 1 of
Julius Caesar
, by W. Shakespeare
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Mon Feb 24, 2020 9:02 am

Post by popsofctown »

In post 9, Pine wrote:
In post 8, popsofctown wrote:I'm really stressed about the OP celebrating an incorrect solve of the Monty Hall problem
I wanted to emotionally damage popsofctown
v harsh Pine
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"

Return to “2019 Scummies and Mashies”