Scummies
Goon
Goon

Post of the Year 2019

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:53 am

Post by Scummies »

The Agora of Athens
365 B.C.E.

Plato stepped down from the short pedestal, a look of satisfaction on his bearded face. His erstwhile opponent, young Aristotle, was a lad with only the first wisps of manhood on his cheeks. He hurried along after the master, eager to understand the flaws in his rhetoric. Two new speakers climbed the marble steps to assume their positions opposite one another. The elder was clad in the somber reds and oranges of a master philosopher, who had studied at the feet of Socrates in his youth. The younger, his former student, wore instead the bright blues and greens of a scholar in his prime. The assembly's clamor quieted as the debaters took their places.

The substance of the debate was of little import. A small matter of administrative efficiency in the great polis, regarding the use of Theban workers in the construction of new temples on the city outskirts. Both of the men could have argued either side. The outcome was preordained - the Assembly was likely to approve the proposal regardless of this discussion, but that was hardly the point.

The men spoke for hours as the afternoon sun fell in the sky, casting long shadows over the Agora. The debaters dueled back and forth over the matter at hand, issuing calls to action, speaking in moving imagery, and employing clever rhetorical devices. The audience only grew as they spoke, listening in rapt attention to the words of two masters of their craft speak in stirring oratory. Finally, when no more could be said, the two men ceased, inclining their heads to one another. Enter descended his pedestal to extend a hand to help Formerfish down, and they departed the Agora together, likely to continue their discussion.
Scummies
Scummies
Goon
Scummies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:58 am

Post by Scummies »

Congratulations to the 2019 winners of the 'Post of the Year' award,

Enter and Formerfish!

As the popular vote resulted in a deadlocked tie, the judges hereby award the Scummie jointly.

Enter wins for this post in we need a five, and Formerfish wins for this post in Codenames.

This thread is now open.
xofelf
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash
Miss Mash
Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:26 am

Post by xofelf »

These were both pretty iconic posts and absolutely both deserve this. Well done both of you :)
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:54 am

Post by the worst »

Basically absolutely agreed with xof. Both of them were so different, and became so popular and iconic for such contrasting reasons - I'll be happy to see you both celebrated as POTY writers. :)

Huge congratulations guys.
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
Ircher
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
Ircher
He / Him / His
What A Grand Idea
What A Grand Idea
Pronoun: He / Him / His

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:55 am

Post by Ircher »

So I kinda forgot the game was happening, but I've played this setup a couple times in sitechat before, (and modded them, too) and usually it doesn't matter who gets lynched first, just because if you get town, you get a confirmed townie, and most of the time by the first couple minutes based on who's working with who and so on and so forth. I saw the votecount and it looked like it was him or you. I knew if I voted you I'd either get scum and p much win, or I'd get town and you'd shoot him (killing scum). That's how it goes pretty much every time. So I flipped a coin that would only land heads up.

I get this setup mixed up a lot, though, with SS3 (and also every time I skim this I think townies are perma one-shot lynchproof) which is why I posted like I did at beginning of day 2. I know you know I'm town, cuz if you didn't think I was, you'd have shot me yesterday. Let's lynch RC and win this thing for the homies?

(Congrats to both of you!)
Links: User Page | GTKAS
Do you have questions, ideas, or feedback for the Scummies? Please pm me!
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
the worst
Snuggly Duckling
Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:57 am

Post by the worst »

So I kinda forgot the game was happening, but I've played this setup a couple times in sitechat before, (and modded them, too) and usually it doesn't matter who gets lynched first, just because if you get town, you get a confirmed townie, and most of the time by the first couple minutes based on who's working with who and so on and so forth. I saw the votecount and it looked like it was him or you. I knew if I voted you I'd either get scum and p much win, or I'd get town and you'd shoot him (killing scum). That's how it goes pretty much every time. So I flipped a coin that would only land heads up.

I get this setup mixed up a lot, though, with SS3 (and also every time I skim this I think townies are perma one-shot lynchproof) which is why I posted like I did at beginning of day 2. I know you know I'm town, cuz if you didn't think I was, you'd have shot me yesterday. Let's lynch RC and win this thing for the homies?
who's scum? i haven't read up yet but like, it's me
--
intermittent v/la until late march
Menalque
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Menalque
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:09 am

Post by Menalque »

Malkon05
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Malkon05
He/Him/His
Mashtermind
Mashtermind
Pronoun: He/Him/His

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:15 am

Post by Malkon05 »

Congrats to Formerish <3 <3
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:18 am

Post by Ankamius »

11:55 am

RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:19 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

with my dying breath i shall lay a curse upon the homies
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Enter
Enter
for the homies
Enter
for the homies
for the homies

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:24 am

Post by Enter »

I'd like to thank my garbage internet connection back home for making me a meme. Really, AT&T, you're the co-winner here. :)
is cancelled. Apologies to all who signed up.[/color]
Enter
Enter
for the homies
Enter
for the homies
for the homies

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:25 am

Post by Enter »

In post 9, RadiantCowbells wrote:with my dying breath i shall lay a curse upon the homies
Are you ok? Pretty sure you're not supposed to have dying breaths just yet.
is cancelled. Apologies to all who signed up.[/color]
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:55 am

Post by Something_Smart »

It's always the same. When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die. You don't know whose children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they're always going to have to do from the very beginning... SIT DOWN AND TALK!
Formerfish
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Formerfish
Busboy Revolutionary
Busboy Revolutionary

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:56 am

Post by Formerfish »

You guys ever hear the one about how the shoeshine boys made the NY subway system run on time?

Thank you all, and it's an honor to hold this title with Enter!
Show
"Getting lost in the details of nothing..."

"FF, you're a dick, but you don't hit below the belt. So you're a dick about finding scum, not hurting the people who are playing the game. That's acceptable dickary." MaryJoLisa

Need advice? Ask a Fish.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:49 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Wooo!
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:35 pm

Post by Firebringer »

Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:42 pm

Post by MathBlade »

ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
AaronFrost
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
AaronFrost
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:57 am

Post by AaronFrost »

northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:02 pm

Post by northsidegal »

wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart

Return to “2019 Scummies and Mashies”