Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #6250 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:09 am

Post by Xtoxm »

i am not trying to defend what boon did here, im sorry if it came off that way.
if he loses modding experience for not disclosing the bastardness then it's justified.
i can see that town are upset, i've been there before and i understand how bad it feels.
i am just happy that i was scum this time so i dont have that.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Conspire
Conspire
Goon
Conspire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6251 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:09 am

Post by Conspire »

Oh no no, on that day, I had to side with 3p. Boon told us our alignment changed on the last day.

~Esper
Conspire
Conspire
Goon
Conspire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6252 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:12 am

Post by Conspire »

I think had auro not found us so quickly, we would’ve been more loyal to town. Like if we found auro found us later, we would’ve just been like we’re a third party finder and we found scum.

~Esper
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6253 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:12 am

Post by Auro »

In post 6248, jjh927 wrote:You know

Townsiding would have been going

Hey jjh, Michael Scott is confscum

Rather than
Michael Scott is conftown

But hey you had to choose between two conflicting wincons that you could have easily achieved either of in that gamestate
They didn't know I was mafia.
They thought I was a 3P, even after the other mafia flipped.
In the universe where I am indeed 3P and other mafia are still alive, I think it's +value to keep allied with the person, instead of outing them.
Krazy Katz
Krazy Katz
Goon
Krazy Katz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6254 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:12 am

Post by Krazy Katz »

Actually game would have been salvagable if conspire got modkilled for the oog communication even if it was obviously accidental, although I don't think anyone feels better about the game after in that scenario either
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6255 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:14 am

Post by Auro »

In post 6245, Conspire wrote:I feel bad for this win as town, so sorry :c if it makes it any better, our plan was to hard-link ourselves to MS by saying “we have a pt with MS” in as many places as possible so if we died, you would all know.
I asked you guys to do this in our scum Masonry, to guarantee that I would use my "magic" to keep you alive :P
Conspire
Conspire
Goon
Conspire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6256 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:14 am

Post by Conspire »

Ugh regardless, feelsbad.

We actually thought the “duo we could win with” was lovers at first because of the original role so we were just excited to find them

~Esper
Conspire
Conspire
Goon
Conspire
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6257 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:16 am

Post by Conspire »

In post 6255, Auro wrote:
In post 6245, Conspire wrote:I feel bad for this win as town, so sorry :c if it makes it any better, our plan was to hard-link ourselves to MS by saying “we have a pt with MS” in as many places as possible so if we died, you would all know.
I asked you guys to do this in our scum Masonry, to guarantee that I would use my "magic" to keep you alive :P
Auro played 5D chess this whole game

~Esper
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6258 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:21 am

Post by davesaz »

All the mech talk aside, I think that the scum* players were pretty towny overall, and that was key to the eventual outcome.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #6259 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:36 am

Post by Boonskiies »

In post 6244, chkflip wrote:MM2 had a literal cult in it and zero people were upset about the outcome, Boon.

Think about that.

I think even if this were advertised as bastard, people of the town alignment still would've been pretty upset by the strangeness and imbalance of most of the setup.
I actually think the game is pretty balanced, for the most part. And would run again in hidden if that was an option.

Just because Path C happened, doesn’t mean Path A or B were possible.

If Chronos and Auro were to have swapped role PM’s, this was not a town loss, likely unless Chkflip won.

But yeah, like I said, UT and I already talked about my not advertising as Bastard accident.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #6260 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:37 am

Post by Boonskiies »

In post 6257, Conspire wrote:
In post 6255, Auro wrote:
Auro played 5D chess this whole game

~Esper
Yeah, no, Auro played an amazing game.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #6261 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:38 am

Post by Boonskiies »

In post 6224, Xtoxm wrote:
In post 6220, Boonskiies wrote:To be fair, I think it’s been established I’m very anti mech clears in general.
could you explain how all the items worked?
Yeah, I’m going to spend some time tonight doing a big write up, including releasing all of the PT’s, and night actions.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #6262 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:46 am

Post by Boonskiies »

Auro/Conspire literally found each other immediately, and that typically allowed them to play in the way they did, and they still almost didn’t make it.

Sure, the last day was fine, but I personally feel every single townie Alice has reasons to be town read.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #6263 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:55 am

Post by Boonskiies »

In post 6244, chkflip wrote:MM2 had a literal cult in it and zero people were upset about the outcome, Boon.

Think about that.

I think even if this were advertised as bastard, people of the town alignment still would've been pretty upset by the strangeness and imbalance of most of the setup.
And last year, I literally won Game of the Year? What’s the point of this? This ain’t my first game where people are upset, and won’t be the last. I’ve gotten literal PM’s from people pre-in’ing for the next one, and I also push a philosophical commentating on Mafia.

But I do balance the games and give exactly what the overall game is advertised to give (minus the bastard unadvertised, i get that, and already discussed it a while back with UT, people need to move on from that one because that’s actually been thought of)

I’ll save the rest for my write up, but for the most part, I was really happy with the way this game went, and how it felt like any side was gonna take the win.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #6264 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:56 am

Post by Boonskiies »

I also don’t think Cult in general is inherently bastard unless it’s not advertised. It’s just a cult game.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #6265 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:11 am

Post by Boonskiies »

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6266 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:12 am

Post by nomnomnom »

I don't see what the fuss is all about really. For a bastard game I enjoyed it, even though I would have preferred to know it was bastard in advance but that's alright :P
Wow you're so good at avoiding death and killing slots that are not part of the informed minority. Wow how are you so good at playing this game.
-
panthaleon

nomnomnom played me like a gameboy
-
BBMolla
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #6267 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:14 am

Post by Boonskiies »

Next one will be a classic BooneyToonz game, back with the Guidelines. :lol:

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #6268 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:39 am

Post by chkflip »

The only reason you feel like it was balanced is because you knew what each moving part could do. I'm not trying to be an asshole here, honestly, as I respect you as a moderator and don't think the overall design is too far off balance. There were just imo too many moving parts that, if town knew what they did, would've help them along the way and would've made the game feel more balanced.

But it's like jjh pointed out. Mafia lose all but one member over exactly half of the day phases and... still won. That's kind of ridiculous, no?
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #6269 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:46 am

Post by Boonskiies »

Oh definitely. Auro had to kill off the scum members as part of his goal, and I think of that slot didn’t put in as much work as he did, it would not have ended that way. Scum were supposed to go down, built into the setup, and while yes, this setup is insane, it was supposed to be crazy, as it’s not a classic BooneyToonz game, moreso of an event game.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Krazy Katz
Krazy Katz
Goon
Krazy Katz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6270 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:57 am

Post by Krazy Katz »

In post 6263, Boonskiies wrote:And last year, I literally won Game of the Year?
I've already said my feelings about the setup, but I want to say that this argument is why I think scummies should be discontinued. It's supposed to be a feel good event, not a weapon you can use to stave off criticism
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #6271 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:00 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

Scummies don’t mean anything major, just a popularity contest, but it brings the community together, so there’s high net positive in it.

If my modship’s gonna be hitting of the criticism, best know I’m gonna have some strong opinions and counterpoints relative to the situation at hand.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #6272 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:02 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

If you wanna criticize the current game at hand, sure, but if other game’s get brought up, that cordially invites me to use other games in defense as well.

@Chk - yeah, I knew the setup, but I have most, if not all, info out into the public.

I’ll do my write up around midnight California time probably.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #6273 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:03 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

If anyone thinks I go into this game expecting not to have some players be a critic towards it, then lol. Of course there was going to be, I still believe it works, and the fact town even stated the exact possibility of it happening proves it to me.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #6274 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:05 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

As a mod in general, I have always stated when I think there’s some actual major issues and accept it. Like the unadvertised of the bastard, yeah, that’s on me. That’s the issue I see at hand here. My mistake.

Death Note Resistance, I saw the fixes that needed to be made to that setup, and will likely eventually run it again.

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
Boonskiies

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”