Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #6276 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:28 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 6271, Boonskiies wrote:Scummies don’t mean anything major, just a popularity contest, but it brings the community together, so there’s high net positive in it.

If my modship’s gonna be hitting of the criticism, best know I’m gonna have some strong opinions and counterpoints relative to the situation at hand.
Agree with the first, disagree with the second, Scummies ARE a popularity contest but I’d argue that it’s actually divisive and helps to contribute to a toxic cliquish community.
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
Nancy is pretty heavenly ngl
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6277 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:33 pm

Post by nomnomnom »

My honest feelings is that maybe the scummies would benefit from being more of a showcase of the good things that happen in games on this website rather than a straight up contest. The latter can feel somewhat divisive and elitist, especially for a game like Mafia where being competitive can be fairly hard, if not impossible. A showcase helps build the community and show to newcomers what this site is all about, rather than lift some users up because they got involved in X or Y. Again, just my personal feelings. Probably more suited to somewhere else, but hey, just giving my opinion :)
Wow you're so good at avoiding death and killing slots that are not part of the informed minority. Wow how are you so good at playing this game.
-
panthaleon

nomnomnom played me like a gameboy
-
BBMolla
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #6278 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:35 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

I like your idea, do you have some specific examples you’re thinking about?
We just need to tread carefully because if you slip up around her as scum she notices and will tear your spine out and slap you to death with it. (I'm slightly scared of Nancy)
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
Nancy-scum feels like a hot knife slicing through butter. Nancy-town feels like a magnifying glass in the sun glaring down at an insect.
~Taly
nomnomnom
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
nomnomnom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6279 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:43 pm

Post by nomnomnom »

Well... perhaps we could change our system from a winner based system, from a showcase system. The goodfellas category could simply showcase multiple scumgames with really good or interesting scumteams, instead of deciding one winner with a banner at the key. What this does is showing the level of scumteams on this site and it's a much less elitist approach, and a more "haha, good times guys? that game was awesome!". But again that might just be my own feelings speaking here, there probably are a few people who appreciate the competitive nature of the scummies. But I think that as a community we could benefit more from taking a more lax approach to all this and just reminiscing on even more awesome moments we shared through games!
Wow you're so good at avoiding death and killing slots that are not part of the informed minority. Wow how are you so good at playing this game.
-
panthaleon

nomnomnom played me like a gameboy
-
BBMolla
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6280 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:44 pm

Post by RCEnigma »

Unpopular opinion: I don't really care about the scummies.
Venus and Mars
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #6281 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:11 pm

Post by Venus and Mars »

In post 6279, nomnomnom wrote:Well... perhaps we could change our system from a winner based system, from a showcase system. The goodfellas category could simply showcase multiple scumgames with really good or interesting scumteams, instead of deciding one winner with a banner at the key. What this does is showing the level of scumteams on this site and it's a much less elitist approach, and a more "haha, good times guys? that game was awesome!". But again that might just be my own feelings speaking here, there probably are a few people who appreciate the competitive nature of the scummies. But I think that as a community we could benefit more from taking a more lax approach to all this and just reminiscing on even more awesome moments we shared through games!
Maybe add those kind of categories to them? Krazy made an award thread that seemed to make everyone happy. What was it called again? But I would totally prefer it to the scummies.
Hydra of Shiro and Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Nancy Drew 39
She/Her
Not that Inno Scent
Not that Inno Scent

Post Post #6282 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:15 pm

Post by Nancy Drew 39 »

In post 6281, Venus and Mars wrote:
In post 6279, nomnomnom wrote:Well... perhaps we could change our system from a winner based system, from a showcase system. The goodfellas category could simply showcase multiple scumgames with really good or interesting scumteams, instead of deciding one winner with a banner at the key. What this does is showing the level of scumteams on this site and it's a much less elitist approach, and a more "haha, good times guys? that game was awesome!". But again that might just be my own feelings speaking here, there probably are a few people who appreciate the competitive nature of the scummies. But I think that as a community we could benefit more from taking a more lax approach to all this and just reminiscing on even more awesome moments we shared through games!
Maybe add those kind of categories to them? Krazy made an award thread that seemed to make everyone happy. What was it called again? But I would totally prefer it to the scummies.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=82016&start=75

The Snazzies. An awards like this would actually bring people together because unlike the scummies, it was fun and inclusive.
~the worst
~CheekyTeeky
~Taly
Alyssa The Lamb
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Alyssa The Lamb
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6283 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:20 pm

Post by Alyssa The Lamb »

what this site truly needs more of is duckling's avatar
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #6284 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:37 pm

Post by davesaz »

This isn't the best place for the scummies discussion, but the concept has come up of past winners needing to outdo themselves to win again and not just be their normal selves.
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
BooneyToonzExpert
BooneyToonzExpert
Goon
BooneyToonzExpert
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6285 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:51 pm

Post by BooneyToonzExpert »

@RCE

Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #6286 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:26 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

Night Actions
Spoiler:
Night 1

RCEnigma Cops Nomnomnom, Feather of a Devils

The Fonz cops Sore feet. Passes Poisonous Barb to Titus

Conspire NSSO’s GeorgeBailey

BooneyToonzExpert sticky fruit vendors EVERYONE.

Davesaz cops Nomnomnom, desperate ducky’s sore feet.

Jjh cops Chronos.

Nomnomnom cops Titus, sends bullet

GeorgeBailey cops Nomnomnom, /in’s Venus and Mars, keeps Poisonous Barb

Vecna symbiotes Jjh, virus to Krazy Katz and Chkflip. Keeps Poisonous Barb.

Venus and Mars cop RCEnigma.

Krazy Katz cop Titus. Virus passing through him roleblocks him.

Xtoxm jingle bells JJH.

Titus renegades Macho to Krazy Katz.
Titus kills Vecna.

Chronos messages The Fonz

Auro casts Arcane magic on Conspire.

Chkflip no actions.

Titus and Krazy win the prizes. Krazy received Stuffed Elephant. Titus receives Poisonous Barb.

Titus, Vecna, and George are the only ones who normal actions can’t affect.
Virus passes through. Jingle bell passes through.

Night 2 actions

Nomnom - Antique Bullet to Dave

Krazy Kat passes Sticky Fruit to Venus and Mars, sends Elephant to RCE. Any action done towards one will now affect the other instead.

GeorgeBailey /in’s Krazy Kat. Effectively RCE.

Conspire targets Krazy Kat. Effectively RCE

Auro targets RCE. Effectively Krazy Kat

Chronos messages Jjh.
Sore feet kills Nomnom

Night 3 Actions

Davesaz Desperate Ducky to Sore Feet

BooneyToonzExpert gets Antique Bullet, sends fruit to Chkflip, Jjh927, The Fonz

The Fonz passes Sticky Fruit to Conspire.

RCEnigma passes Stuffed Elephant to JJH. Redirects all actions between the 2.

Auro gets antique bullet

Sore feet sends Jingle bell to Krazy Katz.
Sore feet kills The Fonz.

Night 4 Actions

JJH Heals Royal Fruit to Conspire.

Conspire Sticky Fruit to Michael Scott.
Conspire is Hated.

Krazy Katz Jingle Bell to Chronos.

Auro Sticky Fruit to Conspire.

Night 5 Actions

RCEnigma feathers Venus and Mars
BTE fruit vends JJH927, Krazy Katz, Venus and Mars

Conspire passes Royal Fruit to Auro. Targets Chk
Auro passes Sticky Fruit to Conspire. Targets KK.

Auro kills Jjh927.

Some were written down elsewhere, but the ones that didn’t do anything.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
Boonskiies
That's Not All, Folks!
That's Not All, Folks!

Post Post #6287 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:32 pm

Post by Boonskiies »

Auro - viewtopic.php?f=90&t=82411&p=11654591#p11654591

Inter dimensional riff - viewtopic.php?f=90&t=82533&p=11687132#p11687132

Chkflip - viewtopic.php?f=90&t=82412&p=11654594#p11654594

BooneyToon Hideout - viewtopic.php?f=90&t=82402&p=11654449#p11654449

Spectator - viewtopic.php?f=90&t=82429

Nomnomnom numbers amount of items in game and PT’s

Stuffed Elephant connects the person who has it with the person sent it to them. Redirects all actions.
"Let it be known that almost everything Boonskiies said is either hilarious or annoying." - Shinobi

Yes, I'm
Flavor Leaf
. That's my main; I just mod on
Boonskiies
Krazy Katz
Krazy Katz
Goon
Krazy Katz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6288 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:03 pm

Post by Krazy Katz »

so everything was a lie, no mech action could ever in any circumstance be plausibly inferred, and the game was functionally unwinnable for a town with a one desperate cop and a flavor specific cop and a shitton of wifom against 6 scum that have the shielding of a mod confirmed mason claim

K now that we've cleared that all up this setup is awful and I regret giving it any amount of time whatsoever.

Literally the worst type of bastard
The virus does 3 things not on the card and nothing on the card
The sticky fruit does a lot more than what is on the card
The mason can have alignment changed blah blah shit I already said

No one has any clue what any of the items do because every item does things that they don't say they do and the other items have nothing explained to anyone

Upick does not mean "literally so bastard you should ignore all the mech and play mountainous" which is what this game was

I don't know what you want boom, this is just a terrible setup. I have no constructive feedback. I feel like you just wanted to spite town or something. Overkill 2 was at least advertised as stupid multiball nonsense and even then the scum serial killer was still an offensively stupid role that you need to stop using as a model of how to design games. This is like taking every bad example from LNT and then cutting away all the good parts that made it fun so that you're just left with an incredibly dumb game that town only wins by refusing to play in the first place. Looking at everything, and how it all connects, and I can say confidently that this was a total waste of time for town to even attempt.

Ignore me, idgaf, I'm probably not saying anything here that helps you anyway, this just was way way way stupider than what I thought I was signing up for and I had very low expectations
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #6289 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:10 pm

Post by jjh927 »

I agree strongly with everything Krazy just said

Especially
In post 6288, Krazy Katz wrote:this just was way way way stupider than what I thought I was signing up for and I had very low expectations
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
Krazy Katz
Krazy Katz
Goon
Krazy Katz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6290 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:31 pm

Post by Krazy Katz »

I guess the caveat here is rce's role. In theory it can fully win the game day 1. Functionally we did have a role that could act as a recharging day disloyal cop unless there was some restriction on it I missed. I don't think rce's role being able to immediately win the game for town makes the game better as a whole but I feel like there should have been slots he could have claimed mech innos on I think?
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6291 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:53 pm

Post by Auro »

@Krazy: Even if town didn't do anything, my role required me to take down the rest of my team because I had to be last man standing.

If anyone in {Conspire/Chk} had actually flipped, town instantly knows there's some weird allying 3P shit going on.

Do mods even out Mason buddies on role flip? I thought that was a heavy indicator that something was fishy. Conspire surviving to endgame (the only way I win) would've also been suspicious af.

The barbs destroy SF, so even though town may not have inferred what barbs do, they turned the N1 cop guilties into true results, screwing over Titus. The lack of information was bad for the scumteam too!

I think Dave could have also claimed weak innos on people from the duckies he sent which don't kill him; town should have directed all SF to a single slot back in D2. I kept exchanging fruit with Conspire to escape any possibly guilties.

Dave staying alive means he gets information about allying; with Conspire hard outing their MS hood everywhere it would've been crazy.

jjh converting his fruit to an investigative (loyal/disloyal) would've been real bad. If he gets a clear on someone, *they* can clear someone else by passing it, night kills wouldn't be able to keep up.

Chk was actually caught the last day when BTE played the Piranha gambit. If you were in thread you would've probably directed to Chk after BTE claims it was fake.

I'm ofc biased af and the last day was indeed unwinnable (although I feel BTE would've been the lynch even without a mech inno because arsonist lul), but I feel that that was the result of a lot of other actions, a fair amount of luck in evading checks, and the right slots dying, and keeping Mason/Mafia from thinking I might be lying.

My one cent!
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6292 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:55 pm

Post by Auro »

In post 6052, Boonskiies wrote:You are a Jersey Devil. If at any point, a BooneyToon member says “I think scum lose this game”, or anything that means essentially the same thing, you will flip as Jersey Devil and immediately be silenced the rest of the day phase, meaning you can’t speak in the game thread other than voting. You may gif and meme in any neighborhoods you may have.
Lol: so RCE could have just asked everyone in game to say it, one by one, and confirm X people and guilty 1 scum?
Wow :lol:
Krazy Katz
Krazy Katz
Goon
Krazy Katz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6293 (ISO) » Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:58 pm

Post by Krazy Katz »

As I might have said, outing the mason partner could have been necessary due to george's role removing people from the masonry. That would explain the oddness of the flip.
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6294 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:00 am

Post by Auro »

Even if George /outs someone from their Masonry, either Mason can still crumb it independently, no? I don't see why that should pose a problem?
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6295 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:01 am

Post by Auro »

In post 4985, Krazy Katz wrote:What's funny is knowing that boon made this game specifically bastard makes me think conspire, if not is scum, could have become scum somehow LOL

Masons with scum is like one of the dankest boon memes

-K
You actually literally figured out that Boon would absolutely do this.
I was scared, but my mafia buddies kept thinking you're a traitor and I kept thinking you're my Demon! :P
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #6296 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:02 am

Post by chkflip »

I absolutely outed myself. Gambit worked like a charm.

Which is why I very charismatically got two town to sign their own death warrants. Tit for tat, brother.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
Krazy Katz
Krazy Katz
Goon
Krazy Katz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6297 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:06 am

Post by Krazy Katz »

I knew it was possible but I thought it wouldn't actually happen since boon did not advertise the game as bastard and I thought he wanted people to play in future games he mods. If you are lynching masons in a game that was not cult or bastard, because you think the mod is a troll pushing some bad inside joke, then you are not playing the game of mafia. I would have replaced out over actually pushing conspire, particularly after hectic ogi'd receiving royal fruit the night of the no kill.
Krazy Katz
Krazy Katz
Goon
Krazy Katz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6298 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:09 am

Post by Krazy Katz »

And to be clear, I speculated about it. I did not 'figure it out' because of anything in the game, I 'figured it out' from knowing mason claims with boon is an inside joke. Rebuttal: this was not an invitational and no one could be reasonably expected to actually have that thought if they didn't see boon mason claims as a joke. I was not going to push conspire by angle shooting mod jokes and it's frankly dumb to defend the bastardness of that role simply because I was willing to mention the stupidest, worst possible explanation
Auro
Auro
Survivor
Auro
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6299 (ISO) » Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:13 am

Post by Auro »

Chk, yeah that was hilarious. :P Pure Charisma on getting BTE to just vote there despite it.

@Krazy: Fonz died the same night as Dave, which had the confessional talking about alignment changes, and Boon already said game was Bastard by then :P

One more tidbit: When you kept questioning Conspire over their "inno" on me they began to panic a little, lol.

Sure, but a check on any of Chk/Conspire/Me, and a lynch on any of us outs the scum mason. And as I said,
mentioning
them in the role flip is... icky, George's role doesn't seem to explain it.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”