With
alive, it takes
to execute.

Day 3
ends in (expired on 2020-04-09 21:00:00) on
April 9th

Mod Notes:
Don’t be outta pocket.

I won’t be giving an extension because there hasn’t been an extreme lack of inactivity or any replacements needing to catch up.
:(

I don’t like any of these wagons but the one I hate the least is probably RCE. I really hate feeling this unconfident on D2.

So, unless someone can make a more compelling case? \_0_/
Hydra of Shiro and Nancy Drew 39
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4477 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:37 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

VOTE: GeorgeBailey
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4478 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:38 pm

Post by The Fonz »

In post 4472, Venus and Mars wrote:
In post 4464, The Fonz wrote:
In post 4457, Venus and Mars wrote:That’s why I called it a horrible read. You suggesting I tr Titus based not on my actually being competent at mafia but based on you thinking my reads are based on how I feel about people outside of the game. It was this and THIS specifically that I reacted so strongly against because that is 100% not the case and only a horrible mafia player would make reads based on how they feel about people irl.
You're just wrong! Literally everyone has hundreds of biases, some they're aware of, some they're not! And we try to compensate as best we can. Like, I know I'm biased toward chkflip because he's a good guy and I enjoy his company. I worry I'm biased towards Auro, just because he's nice and rational and doesn't upset me. Having these biases doesn't make you terrible, it makes you human!

And I'm probably biased against you because you stress me out to a level that is actually physically unpleasant. I got a poor night's sleep Monday night largely because of how amped up I was as a result of how you spoke to me.

I feel constantly torn between calling you out for hurting me, and knowing that you yourself are vulnerable and that your response is either that you'll internalise it and that'll hurt you, or your response will escalate and hurt me worse. I feel like you are unusually unable to distinguish between normal criticism of your play based on imperfect information, and personal attacks. It feels like everything you think is a normal part of criticising other people's play is like a red rag to a bull to me and chkflip, whilst what we think is well within the bounds of civility seems to set you off. In particular, you seem to have a high bar for how offensive you feel you are allowed to be about other people's level of skill, intelligence, or degree of empathy. You seem to have quite a low one for taking offense at anyone suggesting emotion is affecting your play. Me and Chk, the opposite.

This is why I try to read you based on your stated reads on other people, and not directly attack you until I am convinced I want to lynch you. I don't think I misinterpreted your early play. "Biting my head off" is obviously figurative, but it felt like an extremely aggressive overreaction. That was very much unacceptable to me.
I didn’t intentionally do that and I’ve already explained that you misinterpreted my post. All I asked and a fair question, was iirc, how is my play remotely different from TBoNTB, because I’m not seeing it.

Chk is probably driving me to drink and perhaps that’s spilling over onto you? If so, I’m sorry because I honestly do like you and think you’re a really good guy.

I really really don’t want to be fighting with you like this. Chk, I think just flat out hates me, so I won’t even bother with him.

Yes, I am super stressed and I already explained why at the beginning of the game and I think it’s cruel of Chk to be deliberately ignoring that.

I am truly sorry if I upset you and made you uncomfortable and/or hurt your feelings in any way. I legit have nothing but the highest regard for you as a human being, based off what little I know of you from playing two mafia games with you.
Cool let's virtual hug this out and talk about the actual lynch <3
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4479 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:41 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

The Fonz and Nancie
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4480 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:42 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

ok not exactly, just the hugging part.
@Everyone, just vote George, let's see what happens.
Venus and Mars
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #4481 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:50 pm

Post by Venus and Mars »

In post 4478, The Fonz wrote:
In post 4472, Venus and Mars wrote:
In post 4464, The Fonz wrote:
In post 4457, Venus and Mars wrote:That’s why I called it a horrible read. You suggesting I tr Titus based not on my actually being competent at mafia but based on you thinking my reads are based on how I feel about people outside of the game. It was this and THIS specifically that I reacted so strongly against because that is 100% not the case and only a horrible mafia player would make reads based on how they feel about people irl.
You're just wrong! Literally everyone has hundreds of biases, some they're aware of, some they're not! And we try to compensate as best we can. Like, I know I'm biased toward chkflip because he's a good guy and I enjoy his company. I worry I'm biased towards Auro, just because he's nice and rational and doesn't upset me. Having these biases doesn't make you terrible, it makes you human!

And I'm probably biased against you because you stress me out to a level that is actually physically unpleasant. I got a poor night's sleep Monday night largely because of how amped up I was as a result of how you spoke to me.

I feel constantly torn between calling you out for hurting me, and knowing that you yourself are vulnerable and that your response is either that you'll internalise it and that'll hurt you, or your response will escalate and hurt me worse. I feel like you are unusually unable to distinguish between normal criticism of your play based on imperfect information, and personal attacks. It feels like everything you think is a normal part of criticising other people's play is like a red rag to a bull to me and chkflip, whilst what we think is well within the bounds of civility seems to set you off. In particular, you seem to have a high bar for how offensive you feel you are allowed to be about other people's level of skill, intelligence, or degree of empathy. You seem to have quite a low one for taking offense at anyone suggesting emotion is affecting your play. Me and Chk, the opposite.

This is why I try to read you based on your stated reads on other people, and not directly attack you until I am convinced I want to lynch you. I don't think I misinterpreted your early play. "Biting my head off" is obviously figurative, but it felt like an extremely aggressive overreaction. That was very much unacceptable to me.
I didn’t intentionally do that and I’ve already explained that you misinterpreted my post. All I asked and a fair question, was iirc, how is my play remotely different from TBoNTB, because I’m not seeing it.

Chk is probably driving me to drink and perhaps that’s spilling over onto you? If so, I’m sorry because I honestly do like you and think you’re a really good guy.

I really really don’t want to be fighting with you like this. Chk, I think just flat out hates me, so I won’t even bother with him.

Yes, I am super stressed and I already explained why at the beginning of the game and I think it’s cruel of Chk to be deliberately ignoring that.

I am truly sorry if I upset you and made you uncomfortable and/or hurt your feelings in any way. I legit have nothing but the highest regard for you as a human being, based off what little I know of you from playing two mafia games with you.
Cool let's virtual hug this out and talk about the actual lynch <3
<3
Venus and Mars
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4482 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:54 pm

Post by Venus and Mars »

In post 4480, Michael Scott wrote:ok not exactly, just the hugging part.
I will have to go on YouTube as it’s apparently not available in my country.

I just looked up his posts and he’s posting elsewhere. In MfD, he was way more invested in that game to have put himself into prodge range.

His reads also lack conviction.
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4483 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:55 pm

Post by GeorgeBailey »

:( I think I know what you're trying to do Michael. Sorry, I've just been lost.

I'm having a bit of trouble keeping up with reads but I think Conspire or RC are better choices than JJH.
GeorgeBailey
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4484 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:58 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

Apologies, man.
Cross game activity tell is ++strong and this beetlejuice is :?:
Would you be able to catch up and perhaps make a stronger effort?
Venus and Mars
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4485 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:58 pm

Post by Venus and Mars »

In post 3006, Titus wrote:
In post 3004, Venus and Mars wrote:
In post 3002, nomnomnom wrote:
In post 2999, Venus and Mars wrote:
In post 2996, nomnomnom wrote:Therefore my conclusion is that she gave the Virus a disloyal modifier, making K/K and potentially Chkflip unable to target any scum with their items.
The virus isnt an item, the sticky fruits are.
Boon confirmed to me in PM just now that the virus is an item
what didnt someone just say tha tit didnt count for them in the item coutner ?

~Venus
Sush, just ignore nom and let's scumhunt.

Talk to me about George.
It is definitely weird that she never even mentioned sr him before this. It is within her meta to try to distance a buddy this way. She has done that with both Varsoon and Creature.
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4486 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:59 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

In post 4483, GeorgeBailey wrote:Conspire
Explain.
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
He/Him
GeorgeBailey
GeorgeBailey
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4487 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:00 pm

Post by GeorgeBailey »

I'll write about Conspire in a bit but yeah these votes make sense since I haven't done shit in a while.

Pedit: I'm doing that now no worries
GeorgeBailey
Venus and Mars
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4488 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:01 pm

Post by Venus and Mars »

In post 4483, GeorgeBailey wrote::( I think I know what you're trying to do Michael. Sorry, I've just been lost.

I'm having a bit of trouble keeping up with reads but I think Conspire or RC are better choices than JJH.
Why Conspire? How are they scummy?
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4489 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:02 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

In post 4485, Venus and Mars wrote:She has done that with both Varsoon and Creature.
Hmm, given all of this, your data becomes invalid @BooneyTunzExpert; can't argue that it's likelier she doesn't mention her buddies.
Agree?
Venus and Mars
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4490 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:02 pm

Post by Venus and Mars »

@Krazy, I really think Fonz is town now.
Venus and Mars
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Venus and Mars
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4491 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:06 pm

Post by Venus and Mars »

In post 4489, Michael Scott wrote:
In post 4485, Venus and Mars wrote:She has done that with both Varsoon and Creature.
Hmm, given all of this, your data becomes invalid @BooneyTunzExpert; can't argue that it's likelier she doesn't mention her buddies.
Agree?
When Titus was being lynched in two of her games she suddenly shaded her buddy. In HW, it was Creature and in I don’t know the game, it was Varsoon, so yes, it is possible.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4492 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:10 pm

Post by The Fonz »

In post 4482, Venus and Mars wrote:
In post 4480, Michael Scott wrote:ok not exactly, just the hugging part.
I will have to go on YouTube as it’s apparently not available in my country.

I just looked up his posts and he’s posting elsewhere. In MfD, he was way more invested in that game to have put himself into prodge range.

His reads also lack conviction.
See this, this I TR you for.

I noticed he was the most recent poster in another subforum and wanted to go back and check his posting history and see if he was posting elsewhere a lot while keeping a low profile here. I wanted to go check out his recent posts, but had decided go play Skyrim for an hour first.

chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #4493 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:18 pm

Post by chkflip »

Psst. I know who you are. Hail Sithis.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4494 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:29 pm

Post by The Fonz »

In post 4493, chkflip wrote:Psst. I know who you are. Hail Sithis.
At least you didn't go with the sweet roll comment :lol:
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #4495 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:35 pm

Post by chkflip »

Just finished the mage college storyline, now I'm doing the Thieves Guild. If I had to have one gripe about the game it's the affinity for it to go "aaaaand now you're the leader." The companions one is the worst with it.

Anyway, George is newb!town at L-2 if you're wondering why I'm not voting there. I'll be around so I'll hammer if I have to but my read there hasn't changed.

I will say that Mike's tell is dirty pool and I'm not excited to see the rules of mafia get skirted around by saying someone is posting somewhere else.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4496 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:38 pm

Post by The Fonz »

BTW I'm kind of burned out on playing atm and don't want to play for a while after this game because I don't think I'd cope with drawing scum rn, so now I've got a laptop again I'm thinking of setting up a modding hydra and doing an entire Elder Scrolls campaign, starting with an Arena micro and working up to Large Themes for Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim. Pre ins will be welcomed!
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #4497 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:39 pm

Post by chkflip »

Eyyy what's up comod?
Michael Scott
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Michael Scott
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4498 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:41 pm

Post by Michael Scott »

In post 4495, chkflip wrote:I will say that Mike's tell is dirty pool and I'm not excited to see the rules of mafia get skirted around by saying someone is posting somewhere else.
"Mike's tell" when Nancy pointed it out first and Fonz said he was going to check that anyway :P
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #4499 (ISO) » Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:43 pm

Post by chkflip »

Haha my bad. It's literally on this page and I thought you said it first.

Nancy's tell is dirty pool.*

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”