TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #1700 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2020 10:41 am

Post by TemporalLich »

In post 1698, Titus wrote:Yeah, didn't help the mod outright stated 2 scum not 3 so none of the town thought it was anywhere near lylo.
... when did I say this?

If you're talking about the flip, the flip was not supposed to clue into how many scum exist.
time will end
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1701 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2020 10:42 am

Post by Titus »

In post 1677, chkflip wrote:Lich, I wouldn't take this too personally. You tried something you thought was fun -- I clearly felt the same way -- and it didn't get raves from all sides. That's okay. There's nothing wrong with that.
+1 My comments should be taken as constructive criticism.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1702 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2020 10:43 am

Post by Titus »

In post 1700, TemporalLich wrote:
In post 1698, Titus wrote:Yeah, didn't help the mod outright stated 2 scum not 3 so none of the town thought it was anywhere near lylo.
... when did I say this?

If you're talking about the flip, the flip was not supposed to clue into how many scum exist.
You did the opposite.

To hide the number of scum, say you may talk to your partner(s) [redacted] in the PT.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #1703 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2020 10:44 am

Post by TemporalLich »

If I did, then I have inadvertently gave info that I shouldn't have and also lied as a moderator in a non-bastard game, which means that this game should be null and void due to a game-ruining moderator error.
time will end
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1704 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2020 10:45 am

Post by Titus »

In post 1703, TemporalLich wrote:If I did, then I have inadvertently gave info that I shouldn't have and also lied as a moderator in a non-bastard game, which means that this game should be null and void due to a game-ruining moderator error.
I had fun, but I do consider this game null and void for the reason you stated.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #1705 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2020 10:47 am

Post by TemporalLich »

Anyway I should also apologize for the moderator error of missing a Mafia-kill submission, further details are in the Mod PT
time will end
TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #1706 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2020 10:52 am

Post by TemporalLich »

The rule set was part of the review process and it included the sample Role PMs, nothing about them being potentially misleading came up in the review.

And if they were misleading I hope the worst that comes out of this is that this game counts as zero experience.
time will end
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1707 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2020 10:56 am

Post by chkflip »

Bro, chill. Nobody is going to do anything to you. You made a clerical error at best, that's not worthy of not getting experience.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1708 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2020 11:01 am

Post by gobbledygook »

I don’t think this should count as no experience. It definitely counts for experience!
I think that the game was necessarily balanced because of the scum Treestumper. I think if town had that role and scum had one of the other roles, it would be balanced.

Don’t take this too hard, TL. Everyone makes an unbalanced setup for town and an unbalanced setup for scum at least once in their life times. :P Heck, Jingle just ran an unbalanced Large Theme and he is a great mod! It happens to everyone and what you should takeaway are the design expectations/opinions from the players and incorporate them into your future games. :)
Station 13, is now taking pre-ins! Coming June 2020
gobbledygook
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
gobbledygook
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1709 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2020 11:15 am

Post by gobbledygook »

I think that there were cool roles here but they needed a game that revolves around them. I think you tried to do too much. Like you have 3-4 cores in this game.

The flavor components are one core.
The masons are another core.
The Beam Splitter is another core.
The Treestumper is another core.

You could probably combine the BS and TS into one core since they have cool interaction implications.

I do not think you saying [redacted] is a mod error as most games have 3 scum. If Titus wanted to be sure, she should have asked if that meant only 1 scum buddy. That said a two man scum team would have made this game balanced as is, I think.

I think Beam Splitter and Treestumper/Chiller are really really cool roles though. You should explore more options with them!
Station 13, is now taking pre-ins! Coming June 2020
Churros
Churros
Mafia Scum
Churros
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1710 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2020 11:16 am

Post by Churros »

This game may be more balanced if mafia is beam splitter and treestumper is town.

Probably completely balanced.
Churros
Churros
Mafia Scum
Churros
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1711 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2020 11:17 am

Post by Churros »

I feel we could have this exact same game and it would be balanced, as long as we reversed beam splitter/treestumper alignments.
TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #1712 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2020 11:21 am

Post by TemporalLich »

Yeah, I am way too emotional over this game, still having the mindset it was basically held up with duct tape.

I don't think I messed up with the sample Mafia Goon Role PM (and thus the pisskop flip).

The best I can do is take this as a miss and hope my next game is a hit, making sure not to repeat the same mistakes.
time will end
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1713 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2020 11:24 am

Post by EspressoPatronum »

In post 1700, TemporalLich wrote:
... when did I say this?

I didn't read into the flip text at all. No worries!
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1714 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2020 11:29 am

In post 1711, Churros wrote:I feel we could have this exact same game and it would be balanced, as long as we reversed beam splitter/treestumper alignments.
+1. Going into today, I thought it was gobble + alim.

The beam splitter would be a really cool scum role. You'd have to decide whether to target town (potentially doubling protective actions on them) or your scum buddies (reducing protective actions but risking a doubled investigate action hitting them).
EspressoPatronum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
EspressoPatronum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1715 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2020 11:31 am

@alim - what was your fake claim plan? I regret not forcing the mass claim before flipping Egix, but I'm wondering if it would have made a difference.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #1716 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2020 11:38 am

Post by Titus »

In post 1707, chkflip wrote:Bro, chill. Nobody is going to do anything to you. You made a clerical error at best, that's not worthy of not getting experience.
+1 human error doesn't require list mods. I have personally done worse.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #1717 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2020 12:05 pm

Post by TemporalLich »

Here are the PT links.

Mod PT
Dead PT

Mafia, Masons, and Neighbors have (expired on 2020-05-06 18:00:00) to request any redactions.
time will end
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1718 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2020 12:49 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 1699, Titus wrote:
In post 1491, TemporalLich wrote:Factional Abilities:
• You are a member of the Mafia, along with [redacted].
This strongly implies only 2 scum in the game, and it is what I based my VCA on.
Eh. I disagree. The redaction doesn't specify a length. It's a reasonable choice as mod to leave the number of mafia hidden by using that specific redaction. Clerically a mod might choose to redact more fully (You are a member of the Mafia. [REDACTED]) or a confirmation of the number of mafia (You are a member of the Mafia, along with [Redacted] and [Redacted].) The included redaction doesn't really imply that there are 2 so much as acknowledge the possibility that there might only be two, as intended.

As far as redactions go, I demand all of Titus's posts saying pisskop was scum be redacted to make me look better. :P

(No redactions needed from the Bingle corner.)
This is a Parachute.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #1719 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2020 12:50 pm

Post by Jingle »

In post 1710, Churros wrote:This game may be more balanced if mafia is beam splitter and treestumper is town.

Probably completely balanced.
Pretty close, yeah.
This is a Parachute.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1720 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2020 12:56 pm

Post by chkflip »

If you made any real error, Temp, it was only having me on for review as obviously (as evidenced by this post game) my interpretation of on-paper balance was a bit off. I think it was a great setup, you ran with a bunch of fun if niche ideas, and I feel like we all learn something from our misses more than our hits. So as long as you learned something I feel like it's fine. Let them feel how they're gonna feel. Tighten it up, stand up, and give it another go with something else. Nobody should hold this against you, man. We missed some glaring details, sure, but I guarantee your next one will be much better and you'll be a better moderator from this.

I'd also like to commend you on your note-taking, vote counts, and all the other sideline things you did as they shouldn't be overlooked and are absolutely key to great modding in the future.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #1721 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2020 12:59 pm

Post by chkflip »

Also, if you don't mind, I'll be adding the Chillbreather and the Beam-Splitter to my lexicon as I think they're fucking amazing ideas.

Cheers.
TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #1722 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2020 1:09 pm

Post by TemporalLich »

In post 1721, chkflip wrote:Also, if you don't mind, I'll be adding the Chillbreather and the Beam-Splitter to my lexicon as I think they're fucking amazing ideas.

Cheers.
Feel free to use those role ideas. I should add them to Grand Idea Mafia as well.

My idea for a Beam Splitter was making a not-broken Nexus, and the name came from a slivered mirror splitting a beam.

Chillbreather came to me as a weaker-sounding Frostbreather, fitting for a weakened Frostbreather.
time will end
alimdia
alimdia
Mafia Scum
alimdia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1723 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2020 2:54 pm

Post by alimdia »

GG guys.
The chillbreather is indeed OP and I kept asking churros if its one shot or not in the mafia PT lol. Even on the last night.

Regarding the flip info, flip is never supposed to provide info about the number of scum so I don't think that was a problem at all.
alimdia
alimdia
Mafia Scum
alimdia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1724 (ISO) » Mon May 04, 2020 2:58 pm

Post by alimdia »

Who did the mason rolecop target?
In post 1715, EspressoPatronum wrote:@alim - what was your fake claim plan? I regret not forcing the mass claim before flipping Egix, but I'm wondering if it would have made a difference.
Well I was a JOAT with a rolecop/mailman/roleblock, so you can imagine my confusion when Eyestott claimed his mail, and no other JOAT came forward to confirm it.
After Eve flipped mailman, I was going to claim JOAT with cop/day-mailman/jailkeeper and claim that
1) I copped Eve N1
2) sent Eve continuous day-mail on D2 to claim to her, and that I did in fact visit her on N1, and gobble was lying (our interactions on D2 does make that believable)
3) I jailkept Titus N3 (Eve also left some 'not jailkeeper' crumbs that I could have used)

In the end I didn't because there was slight risk of a counter claim. As I can see now, there was a mason rolecop.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”